Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PiP Implants support thread - Irish petition in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

Belle2012 wrote: »
    Well done everyone for all your hard work. Thank you for all the time and effort you have been putting into this. It's all paying off xxx
    I wanted to ask if ye knew about the hospital group patients as they don't operate in cork any more and have offered for me to travel to the uk. I don't want to travel and i feel I could not leave them carry out the operation again. Does the free removal only apply if I go back to the hospital group or can it be done by a doctor here based in cork that my GP would refer me? Thanks

Hi Belle,

Personally I would be reluctant to travel anywhere except Ireland for further surgery. My advice to you is to ring or write to The Department of Health in Dublin, and ask to speak with the Chief Medical Officer (or his secretary) about it. These are just some of the issues we will be bringing up with him at our next meeting at the end of June on behalf of Hospital Group and Advanced Cosmetic Surgery patients. So please ladies out there, write to the Chief Medical Officer and ask what your next step is.

I got quoted 4,500 euro last week from HMC to have my implants removed.... couldn't believe them on the phone they said they weren't interested in patients unless they had a scan firstly and had to have a rupture as they were far too busy to book me in for a consultant. I felt like crying my eyes. I couldn't have had a luxury holiday down in Thailand when getting these and looks like I would have had a far better treatment. Does anyone know anything about just removal? I'm talking about the out come of how they would look after

They'll be changing their tune then this week. HMG wrote to the Chief Medical Officer recently advising him of the following.
    • HMG will be writing to all their patients by the end of May 2012 to advise on a new care package plan for all their patients.
    • Removal will be free of charge to patients, and replacement is requested will be at a reduced cost to the patient.
    • The removal option only would be discussed by the surgeon with the patient at consultation.
    • Pricing details on replacement have yet to be confirmed to the Chief Medical Officer.
    • Consultations will be taking place from June onwards and it is hoped that all surgeries will be completed by the end of this year.
    • The Department will be in touch with HMG to discuss this matter further, and will monitoring all the clinics in question.
    Hope this information helps you.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭evergreen girl

Pixiejane wrote: »
    Thanks for saying that Evergreen. Yes we've achieved a lot in a short space of time, and have worked very hard and sacrificed time with our families over the last few months, but it's been worth it all. Best of luck with your surgery next week, it'll be a big weight lifted off your shoulders I'm sure. What are they replacing them with can I ask, thanks? I'm sure all other HMG patients will be interested to know going forward. Cheers.

Hi Pixiejane,
    they offered to replace them with Allergan CUI's free of charge which I'm sure are absolutely fine and guaranteed for 10 years but I said I would prefer to have implants with a lifetime replacement warranty so I paid the difference to have Allergan Natrelle Inspira implants.

Both types of implants have the exact same type of protective barrier and I might still have to replace the Inspira's in 10 years anyway but I just felt better about getting a premium implant rather than a standard one.

Hi Pixiejane,
    they offered to replace them with Allergan CUI's free of charge which I'm sure are absolutely fine and guaranteed for 10 years but I said I would prefer to have implants with a lifetime replacement warranty so I paid the difference to have Allergan Natrelle Inspira implants.

Both types of implants have the exact same type of protective barrier and I might still have to replace the Inspira's in 10 years anyway but I just felt better about getting a premium implant rather than a standard one.

Great choice Evergreen, you're dead right. Hope your surgery goes well for you. Please keep us updated as to how it all goes for you, thanks.:)

Dear Ladies,

For those of you who made it to our PIP Information last Saturday May 5th in the Red Cow Inn, a big thank you from us all in PIP Acton Group for coming. For some of you I met, that was your first big step forward in dealing with the PIP situation, so well done. Please contact us through this forum, or through our website and as always, we'll do our best to help and support you. We hope you found the meeting helpful and supportive, and made use of the guest speakers who spoke on the day.

For those of you who couldn't make it, I’ll outline below the outcome of our meeting with the Chief Medical Officer on Friday May 4th, and how our meeting went:

PIP Action Group met with the CMO last Friday 5th May. The outcome of the meeting was a positive one for all affected women and a step in the right direction. In an ideal world, removal and replacement should be free for all PIP ladies, and that's what we all would like for ourselves as we did pay out a lot of money originally. But for now we have all got to work with what we have. It's up to each woman out there to fight for herself, stand her ground and be firm.

Last Friday's meeting with the CMO proved to be a positive one. Dr. Holohan has received a written commitment from Harley Medical Group to provide a care package for their patients. They have recognised the shortfall in the service and care they have provided to date for their patients, and have now developed a new care plan. I must point out that significant detail remains to be clarified and that the Department is continuing to discuss the matter with the provider. PIP Action Group also have a follow up meeting with Dr. Holohan in June to see how things have been progressing with regard to this new care plan.

I would like to point out that the other clinics, namely Clane General Hopsital and Shandon Street Clinic have a care package in place already for their patients. They will also be meeting again with the CMO in the coming weeks to discuss further how to progress with their patients, as the "removal" option for patients is now free of charge. The response of these clinics account for about 400 women. For Hospital Group and Advanced Cosmetic Surgery patients, please write to the Chief Medical Officer in the Department of Health and ask what steps should you take or indeed please contact Patient Focus Group for advice.

· Harley will write to all their patients before the end of May.
    · In June, they will commence their proposed care package.
    · Removal of all PIP implants will be at no cost to the patient (this applies to all PIP affected ladies)
    · Priority list for removal will be those with ruptures.
    · Replacement of PIP implants will be at a reduced cost to the patient, those prices have yet to be confirmed by HMG. Clane patients should already know their prices. €2000 was the removal and replacement price (with Allergan Natrelle implants) for Clane patients only, so that should give other patients from other clinics an idea of what price may come down the line. Remember now ladies, that "removal" is now free of charge, so I would hope that this price would be decreased somewhat.
    · All patients should have an agreed care plan and it is hoped that all surgeries will be completed by the end of 2012.
    · To achieve this the Department will liaise with HMG on recruiting extra surgeons and the facilities required to do so. Procedures will take place here in Ireland.
    · Waivers are not an acceptable form of practice. We’ve all heard about waivers over the last few months, and patients being asked to sign such forms. We are trying to collate such documents as requested by the Department of Health, so for those of you who may have such documents, please get in touch with us via our website or by private message on boards.
    · It is also unacceptable for any staff member of clinics/hospitals to behave in an unprofessional manner towards their patients. If anybody has had any negative encounters, please contact the regulatory bodies and make a formal complaint.

Dr. Holohan has an expectation that if someone puts it in writing to him, that they will deliver what they have promised. So far this man has been true to his word and very helpful and supportive to us as a group. His primary focus is on obtaining the best level of care for the women who have received PIP breast implants, and to ensure all the clinics act accordingly.

The current lack of regulation is being worked on by officials of the Dept. of Health by way of the Licensing of Health Facilities Bill which wil provide for a mandatory system of licensing for public and private health service providers.

A great tip from Brigid in Patient Focus by the way, as follows. HMG patients should write to HMG themselves and script it somewhat like this:

It is my understanding that you have given a written committment to Dr. Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer, that you will be providing a new care package for your patients with PIP breast implants.
    My name is...........................and my current address is..........................
    You might mention here if you are a priority patient, as in, if you have a rupture or gel bleed, you are considered a priority patient.
    I would be grateful if you could provide me with details of this new care package plan at your earliest convenience.

Ok so that's how our meeting with Dr. Holohan went. PIP Information Day in the Red Cow Inn was also a positive one for women. There were solicitors, surgeons, a clinical psychologist, and Patient Focus Group in attendance, and many women had the opportunity to speak to these people as individuals and obtain useful information from them.

Apologies for the lengthy thread, but I don't want to leave anything out and hope I haven't! It was lovely to meet with the ladies I spoke with on Saturday, and indeed the other girls of PIP Action Group who met with you ladies. Again should you wish you contact us, you know all the social media sites. Thanks for the positive feedback and continued support.

kyra123, Pixiejane, jean08, ilmm2012, sue103

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 aycee2000

Hi Pixiejane,
    Thanks for all that information- I just found out today that I have pip implants, they were put in in 2000 in Clane but I went through hmg. I only found out because i finally decided to face the issue, i think i had been in denial since jan as i heard they were only used since 2002. When i phoned hmg today they had no records at all of my operation and advised me to ph clane which i did. They were so helpful and i was told that hmg had received my file a month ago, stating that i had pip implants. The nurse told me they will remove and replace for 3500. She advised me to ph hmg so i did and was told that they changed their computer system and that was why they had no records. The lady told me that i could have a consultation, a scan for 220 and it would cost 5200 to remove and replace. She said that i am not covered by warranty and that my records may be in the UK. 20 mins later a lady from the UK phoned (blocked number) and said that they had probably destroyed my records as it is so long ago. She asked me to email a letter confirming pip implants to her and that removal and replacement would cost £5800 (cant remember exact figures as was and still am a bit shocked). She told me i am no danger etc but that's not how i feel. I didn't get the impression that Harley are going to do anything free of charge and i will definitely have to borrow to fix this mess.
    Well done pip action group for publicising this- i really felt hmg were not to be trusted today- the 1st girl even asked if i was sure i had gone there for the implants!
    Really worried now, sleepless night ahead, trying not to panic but this has come as such a shock

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hope1

Hi ladies have any of u delt with Auralia had a consult with dr ? and was very impressed. He advises pure(polyuterine) implants , the manufactur is silimed based in brazil for over 30 years.They are FDA approved and used in over 70 countries , Lifetime guarantee,anyone any info?? So nervous and hope whatever I decide it's the right decision. So confussed!!Trying to do as much homework as possible.

aycee2000 wrote: »
    Hi Pixiejane,
    Thanks for all that information- I just found out today that I have pip implants, they were put in in 2000 in Clane but I went through hmg. I only found out because i finally decided to face the issue, i think i had been in denial since jan as i heard they were only used since 2002. When i phoned hmg today they had no records at all of my operation and advised me to ph clane which i did. They were so helpful and i was told that hmg had received my file a month ago, stating that i had pip implants. The nurse told me they will remove and replace for 3500. She advised me to ph hmg so i did and was told that they changed their computer system and that was why they had no records. The lady told me that i could have a consultation, a scan for 220 and it would cost 5200 to remove and replace. She said that i am not covered by warranty and that my records may be in the UK. 20 mins later a lady from the UK phoned (blocked number) and said that they had probably destroyed my records as it is so long ago. She asked me to email a letter confirming pip implants to her and that removal and replacement would cost £5800 (cant remember exact figures as was and still am a bit shocked). She told me i am no danger etc but that's not how i feel. I didn't get the impression that Harley are going to do anything free of charge and i will definitely have to borrow to fix this mess.
    Well done pip action group for publicising this- i really felt hmg were not to be trusted today- the 1st girl even asked if i was sure i had gone there for the implants!
    Really worried now, sleepless night ahead, trying not to panic but this has come as such a shock

Hi there,

So today was a strange day for you, but at least now you know you have PIPs. That's the first step in finding out, so now you have options. Back in December when most of us found out, we had no options. Thankfully we're all in a much better place now. Don't be panicked by anyone. You need to sit down and weigh up all your options first. HMG will be writing to all their patients before the end of this month. Wait until you receive your letter first, or in my last post why not be a step ahead and write to them yourself. You'll feel better about it and will have done something else very positive for yourself.

Clane are quoting €3500 for removal and replacements (with Allergan Natrelle) for non Clane patients.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has had their PIp's replaced by <snip> in HMG, he seems very nice but just wondering if people are pleased with his work? I'm booked in with him next week for replacement, am a bit nervous about letting HMG do it, but don't have the financial choice to go somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 saprano78

Hi Girls
    This is my first time posting because I have just tryed to bury my head in the sand about all this.
    Thank you so much kyra123, Pixiejane, jean08, ilmm2012, sue103 for all the really hard work you guys have done. You are brilliant and have really done a great job.
    Unfortuanely when I called <snip> today they explained that nothing had changed and they were still sticking to the same terms and conditions as before
    ie. Need to have a scan and only then if they are ruptured will they take out for free. Its a joke
    Anyone else have the same problem when they called <snip>?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Hylochick

http://www.rivermedical.ie/assets/files/White%20paper.pdf

Hello Ladies,

Hope you're all doing ok, it's been quiet again on boards, but that doesn't mean we haven't been busy. It would be nice to hear from you all and how you're all getting on, and if there's been any new developments with your own situations regarding PIPs.

We've been meeting up on a regular basis as usual, and lots of hard work going on in the background as usual by us while we continue to go to work and get on with our own daily lives as best we can. Tomorrow PIP Action Group is meeting with all TD's and Senators in Leinster House to do a presentation on the PIP issue affecting women, and to move forward with the Cross Party Committee people. We will update you as to how that goes. Next week then we have a follow up meeting with the Chief Medical Officer and the Irish Medicines Board, and not forgetting our PIP Information Day on Sat 5th May in the Red Cow Inn, Dublin 22. We have been quite busy preparing for all of these meetings and events.

I came across this article (link above) on the internet, and found it to be very informative for anyone considering cosmetic surgery in general. It also touches on regulation of the industry also. So please have a read of it, and as we always say, it's your decision at the end of the day who you choose, but please always do your own research. Hope it helps.
    Hi I'm new on the board and a just got news of rupturing in one of my implants. My hospital have said they will remove and replace but only if I pay my own travel and go to Birmingham. I'm devastated. They have a Dublin clinic and said if I choose to have it done here I will pay in full ..... The surgeons PA treated me like a dog on the phone and I've had to visit my gp for a supply of mild sedatives to help with my anxiety since... I'm confused and I plan to go privately for a second opinion and to get a medical opinion on the extent of my rupture and the consequences as I have had no reassurance of information from my hospital. Any one else in my position ......, and thank you to all involved in the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DD14

l0lly30 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has had their PIp's replaced by Dr D in HMG, he seems very nice but just wondering if people are pleased with his work? I'm booked in with him next week for replacement, am a bit nervous about letting HMG do it, but don't have the financial choice to go somewhere else.

Hi l0lly30, I am having r&r with Dr D on Thursday in St Francis hospital, cant wait to put this all behind me. its been a long 5 months.. I know there are a few other ladies on here who have had Dr D do the surgery and so far it is all postive reports about him. All we can do is put our trust in him to remove these pips. I suppose we thought we could trust the original surgeon but financially we dont have an option of choosing to go with another clinic. I will let you know how i get on in a few days.

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has had their PIp's replaced by Dr D in HMG, he seems very nice but just wondering if people are pleased with his work? I'm booked in with him next week for replacement, am a bit nervous about letting HMG do it, but don't have the financial choice to go somewhere else.

Hi Lolly,

Sorry I can't help you with that one, I'm a Clane patient. Haven't heard anything back, but I see now that DD14 has replied to your post. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

saprano78 wrote: »
    Hi Girls
    This is my first time posting because I have just tryed to bury my head in the sand about all this.
    Thank you so much kyra123, Pixiejane, jean08, ilmm2012, sue103 for all the really hard work you guys have done. You are brilliant and have really done a great job.
    Unfortuanely when I called Harley today they explained that nothing had changed and they were still sticking to the same terms and conditions as before
    ie. Need to have a scan and only then if they are ruptured will they take out for free. Its a joke
    Anyone else have the same problem when they called harley?

Hi Saprano,

Listen you're not the first in burying your head so to speak, we've all done it at one stage or another. Thanks for your supportive words, they really help. Pay no attention to what they're saying, help is on the way:) PIP Action Group have written to the Chief Medical Officer again. Should anyone experience any negative feedback or experiences, it is very important you report this to the regulatory bodies. Have a look at our website for more information. Also remember to contact Patient Focus, www.patientfocus.ie they will also help and support you in the next steps to take.

DD14 wrote: »
    Hi l0lly30, I am having r&r with Dr D on Thursday in St Francis hospital, cant wait to put this all behind me. its been a long 5 months.. I know there are a few other ladies on here who have had Dr D do the surgery and so far it is all postive reports about him. All we can do is put our trust in him to remove these pips. I suppose we thought we could trust the original surgeon but financially we dont have an option of choosing to go with another clinic. I will let you know how i get on in a few days.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery, please keep the board posted as to how you get on thanks. You're on the home stretch now so hopefully it'll all be behind you very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hylochick

saprano78 wrote: »
    Hi Girls
    Unfortuanely when I called Harley today they explained that nothing had changed and they were still sticking to the same terms and conditions as before
    Anyone else have the same problem when they called harley?
    Hi saprano I would advise you to have the MRI as soon as possible therefore you will know if you are ruptured and can act on it. I wasnt at all worried and was shattered when results showed rupture last week. At least now I will get priority removal and replacement but the decision now will be do I trust them .... Good luck and put your own Health first.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Belle2012

Hi hylochick, I'm in the same situation but I don't have a rupture. Im so sorry to hear you do. Was told I'd have to go to birmingham I wouldn't travel for the operation so I got my GP to refer me to a surgeon in cork. I'm happy with this decision and have my operation scheduled for the 12june. It's going to cost about 4500. Hope this helps you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gabby1205

Hi girls, I've had removal and replacement from a doctor who works both from <snip>. He specialises in cosmetic surgery for cancer patients and breast implant revisions normally when something has gone wrong. I highly recommend him. He's very straight and will cover all angles very thorough indeed. I had lateral displacement and an oversized pocket. My op took 2.5 hours because he is such a perfectionist he doesn't cut corners. I must mention I'm a pip patient from <snip>. I was fortunate to get a loan from the bank. I'll be paying it back for 5 years things will be v. tight but all worthed. I'm happier now with implants than original operation. I got FDA mentor implants this time round.I'm 6 weeks over operation and all is going well. I have great faith in this doc and as quoted by another highly qualified doc in <snip> he'd trust him with his life ;) I'm writing a thankyou card to him now;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hedkandigirl

Hi Guys

I'm in a position where I can't afford a scan I'm finanically destroyed. I totally regret getting my implants and of course they were a bad luxury buy in high times. My worry now going back to HMG is that they might not give the right advice on my options about removal, replacement etc and also the fact their taking on part timers to cover all of this extra work will it actually be a correct and good costemic job.... or rushed and botched? I'd really like to hear from anyone going for the op's in the next few weeks and on. What they've been advised and what they think after I'll defo put up my information if its a help to someone else

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has had their PIp's replaced by <snip>, he seems very nice but just wondering if people are pleased with his work? I'm booked in with him next week for replacement, am a bit nervous about letting <snip> do it, but don't have the financial choice to go somewhere else.

Hi Lolly30,
    had my pips replaced by <snip> yesterday afternoon. Very, very pleased with how everything went and would have no hesitation in recommending both him and <snip> hospital. Was absolutely crapping it going down to the operating room but all the staff including <snip> were so reassuring and it was all over an hour later. My incision sites are obviously a little bit tender but nothing major and my breasts themselves aren't painful at all.

The very best of luck next week - honestly you have nothing to be nervous about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 sheba12

gabby1205 wrote: »
    Hi girls, I've had removal and replacement from a doctor who works both from <snip>. He specialises in cosmetic surgery for cancer patients and breast implant revisions normally when something has gone wrong. I highly recommend him. He's very straight and will cover all angles very thorough indeed. I had lateral displacement and an oversized pocket. My op took 2.5 hours because he is such a perfectionist he doesn't cut corners. I must mention I'm a pip patient from <snip>. I was fortunate to get a loan from the bank. I'll be paying it back for 5 years things will be v. tight but all worthed. I'm happier now with implants than original operation. I got FDA mentor implants this time round.I'm 6 weeks over operation and all is going well. I have great faith in this doc and as quoted by another highly qualified doc in <snip> he'd trust him with his life ;) I'm writing a thankyou card to him now;)
    :)hi gabby glad u got sorted he seems like a diamond:):)has any one received any care package yet from <snip> :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

BBC Three - Are My Fake Breasts Safe?
    www.bbc.co.uk

Hylochick wrote: »
    Hi I'm new on the board and a just got news of rupturing in one of my implants. My hospital have said they will remove and replace but only if I pay my own travel and go to Birmingham. I'm devastated. They have a <snip> and said if I choose to have it done here I will pay in full ..... The surgeons PA treated me like a dog on the phone and I've had to visit my gp for a supply of mild sedatives to help with my anxiety since... I'm confused and I plan to go privately for a second opinion and to get a medical opinion on the extent of my rupture and the consequences as I have had no reassurance of information from my hospital. Any one else in my position ......, and thank you to all involved in the group.

Sorry to hear that Hylochick. That is disgraceful the way you're being treated, I'm so sorry to hear that. Did you go for a second opinion yet?

Hi Lolly30,
    had my pips replaced by <snip> yesterday afternoon. Very, very pleased with how everything went and would have no hesitation in recommending both him and <snip> hospital. Was absolutely crapping it going down to the operating room but all the staff including <snip> were so reassuring and it was all over an hour later. My incision sites are obviously a little bit tender but nothing major and my breasts themselves aren't painful at all.

The very best of luck next week - honestly you have nothing to be nervous about.

Glad it all went well for you. :) Back to normal for you now hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

Sorry to hear that Hylochick. That is disgraceful the way you're being treated, I'm so sorry to hear that. Did you go for a second opinion yet?

I am so sorry to hear that , seems like nothing has changed they still treat you like they treated me horrible and other girls back in december since the news came out .. I thought they wud learn the lesson by now and at least treat us with respect ,at least !!!! I also can't believe they are sending you to different country and not taking responsibility here ,like you actually having a rupture ,do they not gettin it...B***ards !! I really think you should go for second opinion.. and I can't wait for that day when they all get back what they deserve ..Stay strong girl ,you need your energy and my advice don't waste your energy on somebody who doesn't want to help you ,save your time ..We all went through this and sure we all can give you some advice from our experience ..I wish you all the best and if thr is anth I can help with pls let me know ...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mayblue

Hello ladies, after being in denial for so long I've decided to take the necessary steps to see what's been going on with my breast implant (only right breast).
    I had my surgery in 2008 in <snip> and the surgeon was from <snip>....I underwent surgery to "fix" a big asymmetry between my breasts thinking it would help me feel more confident about myself but... it didn't work as I expected. I still have two different breasts because the job that was done on the right one wasn't to my satisfaction but I was too shocked to do say something and I trusted the doctor who told me there had been complications during surgery and he did his best to do what he could.
    However now that this issue with the PIP implants I'm questioning the validity of that statement and I'm thinking he may have just done a crappy job but unfortunately it's too late to claim for negligence....
    Anyway, after my mom insisted I go more information about my breast implant I finally got a letter from HM confirming that I have it (second shock of my life). After going for the MRI scan I discovered that my breast implant is ruptured (third shock). I felt like I got "screwed" overall between the first surgery and now this.....
    I still haven't met anyone from HM to discuss my situation but I'm considering to go somewhere else to get this thing removed from my body.
    I don't trust them and even if they'd offer me a free removal I wouldn't let any of them touch me again! I'm planning to go to my home-country to get surgery and yesterday I met with a lawyer about suing the company to get my money back for both surgeries....
    Since the thread is very long here I'm wondering if any of you contacted a lawyer about this issue and what were you adviced to do.

Thanks,
    May

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mayblue

Hi girls, I've had removal and replacement from a doctor who works both from Beaumont and hermitage. He specialises in cosmetic surgery for cancer patients and breast implant revisions normally when something has gone wrong. I highly recommend him. He's very straight and will cover all angles very thorough indeed. I had lateral displacement and an oversized pocket. My op took 2.5 hours because he is such a perfectionist he doesn't cut corners. I must mention I'm a pip patient from Harley medical. I was fortunate to get a loan from the bank. I'll be paying it back for 5 years things will be v. tight but all worthed. I'm happier now with implants than original operation. I got FDA mentor implants this time round.I'm 6 weeks over operation and all is going well. I have great faith in this doc and as quoted by another highly qualified doc in beumont he'd trust him with his life ;) I'm writing a thankyou card to him now;)
    Hi gabby, any chance you could give me more information about this doctor? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gabby1205

mayblue wrote: »
    Hi girls, I've had removal and replacement from a doctor who works both from Beaumont and hermitage. He specialises in cosmetic surgery for cancer patients and breast implant revisions normally when something has gone wrong. I highly recommend him. He's very straight and will cover all angles very thorough indeed. I had lateral displacement and an oversized pocket. My op took 2.5 hours because he is such a perfectionist he doesn't cut corners. I must mention I'm a pip patient from Harley medical. I was fortunate to get a loan from the bank. I'll be paying it back for 5 years things will be v. tight but all worthed. I'm happier now with implants than original operation. I got FDA mentor implants this time round.I'm 6 weeks over operation and all is going well. I have great faith in this doc and as quoted by another highly qualified doc in beumont he'd trust him with his life ;) I'm writing a thankyou card to him now;)
    Hi gabby, any chance you could give me more information about this doctor? thanks :)
    Yep no probs. His name is <snip>. He works from <snip> and the hermitage clinic. Excellent surgeon I just knew at my consultation he was the right doctor. V.honest and as I said explains everything. He told me he had removed and replaced implants with ruptures that were 25yrs old. A true gent v.humble man. I stayed in hosp. For 2 days the aftercare was excellent no shortcuts;) hope this helps and the v. Best of luck.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

For legal reasons, we cannot name doctors or surgeries they work for. Cheers :)

• Advertisement

mayblue wrote: »
    Hello ladies, after being in denial for so long I've decided to take the necessary steps to see what's been going on with my breast implant (only right breast).
    I had my surgery in 2008 in St. Francis and the surgeon was from <SNIP>....I underwent surgery to "fix" a big asymmetry between my breasts thinking it would help me feel more confident about myself but... it didn't work as I expected. I still have two different breasts because the job that was done on the right one wasn't to my satisfaction but I was too shocked to do say something and I trusted the doctor who told me there had been complications during surgery and he did his best to do what he could.
    However now that this issue with the PIP implants I'm questioning the validity of that statement and I'm thinking he may have just done a crappy job but unfortunately it's too late to claim for negligence....
    Anyway, after my mom insisted I go more information about my breast implant I finally got a letter from HM confirming that I have it (second shock of my life). After going for the MRI scan I discovered that my breast implant is ruptured (third shock). I felt like I got "screwed" overall between the first surgery and now this.....
    I still haven't met anyone from <SNIP> to discuss my situation but I'm considering to go somewhere else to get this thing removed from my body.
    I don't trust them and even if they'd offer me a free removal I wouldn't let any of them touch me again! I'm planning to go to my home-country to get surgery and yesterday I met with a lawyer about suing the company to get my money back for both surgeries....
    Since the thread is very long here I'm wondering if any of you contacted a lawyer about this issue and what were you adviced to do.

Thanks,
    May

Sent you a pm - hope it helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement