Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If Fianna Fail say vote Yes - then that automatically means we should vote NO !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

The thing I dont get is that countries can sign up to this treaty at any time. So lets say down the road we need a bailout, why not sign up then?

Surely we should only give up more sovereignty if we really really have to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Never get why Donohoe is wheeled out so much for media appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

I sometimes think that our politicians actually want to give away all our sovereignty so they don't even have to pretend to do anything anymore except pass a few years up in the big city until they draw a large pension and gratuity.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Skid wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I was just saying that to someone today.

Expect that to resurface almost straight away after the vote - fines, reminders etc.

After which vote, first or second ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Does this start @ 10:45pm every Thursday night now. I didn't realise that I missed a half an hour of this show tonight after watching the Mentalist. Why did VB put this show fifteen minutes longer?

It started at 10.45pm but it didn't "really" start. There was a brief intro to what they would be discussing and then there was a break for the news. After that there was an ad break. It didn't really start till 10.55pm.

Listening to that eejit Paschal has made me decide to vote No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

That Donedeal Ad is sexist -if they had a man trading in his wife for a younger model there would be uproar :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

There's a lot of people, who are on the public pay bill, doing a lot of brave talk about "sticking it to Europe" about voting NO.... They'd better be careful what they wish for, it is singularly because of the bailout cheques coming from Europe that we are not having ...

- HUGE cuts in public sector wages.
    - HUGE cuts in public sector numbers.
    - HUGE cuts in all benefits..

If Europe pulls funding then we have to balance our books immediately or get funding from another source... And tbh, the sooner that people stop funding the ridiculous spending in this country, the better..

That Donedeal Ad is sexist -if they had a man trading in his wife for a younger model there would be uproar :rolleyes:

Some of us might only get scrappage :D

There's a lot of people, who are on the public pay bill, doing a lot of brave talk about "sticking it to Europe" about voting NO.... They'd better be careful what they wish for, it is singularly because of the bailout cheques coming from Europe that we are not having ...

- HUGE cuts in public sector wages.
    - HUGE cuts in public sector numbers.
    - HUGE cuts in all benefits..

If Europe pulls funding then we have to balance our books immediately or get funding from another source... And tbh, the sooner that people stop funding the ridiculous spending in this country, the better..

Good man Enda.

• Advertisement

I dislike how they show the movement since the General Election, just because Millward Brown haven't had a Poll since then.

Sinn Fein were on 21% in an MRBI poll in April, it's not like there has been an overnight surge to them. If anything Sinn Fein support has fallen in the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I think that is a first for Dunphy to call Roy Keane a pain in the @rse. It doesn't look like it is a joke either.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Sexist? huh? It's trying to appeal to the Irish people - that's what the woman who is selling off her husband represents. She's getting rid of the dumb, bloated, golf playing sack of **** - which represents those in the Dail - on a second hand stuff website. She feels no real loss, she's happy to get a deal to be rid of him. It's a vote No ad dressed up like a real ad with a twist of controversy so that some people miss the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Interesting to see that Hollande wants to harmonise corporation tax.

F-Stop wrote: »
    Sexist? huh? It's trying to appeal to the Irish people - that's what the woman who is selling off her husband represents. She's getting rid of the dumb, bloated, golf playing sack of **** - which represents those in the Dail - on a second hand stuff website. She feels no real loss, she's happy to get a deal to be rid of him. It's a vote No ad dressed up like a real ad with a twist of controversy so that some people miss the point.

That's very deeeeeeeeeepppp.

That's very deeeeeeeeeepppp.

For some reason I've a hankering for a crisp sandwich.

Real sense of deja vu here.

That dolt can't even pronounce Constantin's name.

It felt like it sounded in Pascal word's as can't stand him to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

As if women could use the Internet..

• Advertisement

My crisp sandwich: the soft white bread represents the Yes voters. Once bitten, never shy - they'll vote Yes again on round two. The crisps represent the no voters - brittle, unpredictable, smothered in MSG for drama. The couple of slices of cheese I add in, with a dollop of mustard, represent the European plutocracy that fools us into thinking we live in a democracy, when really they are the centre of the sandwich from beginning to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

That Paschal fella is a complete and utter tool. Its no wonder the government is so spineless when it comes to negotiating with the ECB and Merkel if he's an example of the mental midgets that form their ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

That beds-etc ad.

headexplode.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

As if women could use the Internet..
    Poster banned ;):D

Dublin & Monaghan Bombings was on this day 38 years ago. May all those who died in the bombings Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Dublin & Monaghan Bombings was on this day 38 years ago. May all those who died in the bombings Rest In Peace.
    I'm surprised Vinny didn't mention it as he has done quite a few programmes on the Dublin/Monaghan Bombings.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Vinny didn't mention it as he has done quite a few programmes on the Dublin/Monaghan Bombings.

No, He did mention it tonight after the last break. He hasn't forgotten that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

MrsD007 wrote: »

He was on the scene with his brother in the immediate aftermath of the Talbot Street bomb carrying wounded victims to safety.

He has told of how one well known hotel refused to let them bring an injured person in to wait on an ambulance as the blood would stain the lobby floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Good loser

That Paschal fella is a complete and utter tool. Its no wonder the government is so spineless when it comes to negotiating with the ECB and Merkel if he's an example of the mental midgets that form their ranks.

That's astonishing. Couldn't agree less with you.

What about Siobhan? Her eagerness to contribute is in inverse proportion to her corrigibility to reason.

What about Vincent wanting us to vote no /not to vote in case the Treaty is changed while Constantin wants a no vote because the Treaty will be changed after we vote yes

• Advertisement

Good loser wrote: »
    That's astonishing. Couldn't agree less with you.

What about Siobhan? Her eagerness to contribute is in inverse proportion to her corrigibility to reason.

What about Vincent wanting us to vote no /not to vote in case the Treaty is changed while Constantin wants a no vote because the Treaty will be changed after we vote yes

Nothing in what you have said offers any evidence that Pascal Donohue made a worthwhile contribution to last night's debate. I think he is a waffler who offers very little in his contributions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement