Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I'm on my second month of sick leave and have yet to have a duvet day. :( I want just one!
    What's getting in the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Hermione* wrote: »
    Sorry to see Otis has left :( Hope all is well with him./

just want to echo this - sorry to see Otis had to close his account. Great, hardworking mod who served this forum well. Otis, if you're reading this buddy, it was a pleasure working with you and hope everything goes well in the future. Slán.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

TG, epic comeback with the text! Well done. I hope she takes a long hard look at herself. Cheaters actually disgust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Daisies wrote: »
    TG, epic comeback with the text! Well done. I hope she takes a long hard look at herself. Cheaters actually disgust me.

Aye they disgust me too. What's the point in it really? But that's another rant for another time... for another forum. :pac:

In other news that 'Earthquake' song by Labrinth and Tinie Tempah has been stuck in my head no end.

tbh wrote: »
    just want to echo this - sorry to see Otis had to close his account. Great, hardworking mod who served this forum well. Otis, if you're reading this buddy, it was a pleasure working with you and hope everything goes well in the future. Slán.

Top bloke too if you've ever met him in real life too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Maguined wrote: »
    I am getting cranky in my old age, people being too nice are starting to annoy me greatly. Excessive consideration and constantly asking me do I want anything instead of appreciating I am viewing as tedious annoyance.

I reckon I will end up like scrooge in my old age.

Bah humbug. :mad:

Well I laughed...
    Maguined wrote: »
    ....mumble....grumble.....feck.....

Exactly how I imagined you sitting in the office. :pac:

Fair Play TG. I'd give you a high-five but Grames already done that. :cool:
    My alarm didn't go off this morning,slept till 12.30.

Feeling ****ty,might just go back to bed
    Duvet days lose their novelty when you're so frickin unemployed

GET UP and GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pac: Before the rain comes back.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    In other news that 'Earthquake' song by Labrinth and Tinie Tempah has been stuck in my head no end.

"Fire, Fire".

That songs reminds me of my time on placement in Mullingar. The girl I was with constantly went around saying "Fire, fire" and I was like :confused: I like the song now.

I think I may have walked past Black Oil today. If he smokes and wears brown shoes then that was him. And if it was, I have a deadly memory. If it wasn't.. oh well.. :pac:

Larianne wrote: »
    "Fire, Fire".

That songs reminds me of my time on placement in Mullingar. The girl I was with constantly went around saying "Fire, fire" and I was like :confused: I like the song now.

Crazy catchy song... When I'm DJing (to the masses in my conservatory :pac:) I can't help but dance around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Wow it's busy here today.

Hermi right now I want to go into programming / web development but that will prob change. Not going back till Sept 2013, loads of time to decide.

TG well played :)

Otis is missed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Nope,still in my dressing gown,no point heading out for nothing

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Larianne wrote: »
    I think I may have walked past Black Oil today. If he smokes and wears brown shoes then that was him. And if it was, I have a deadly memory. If it wasn't.. oh well.. :pac:

Working from home today. :cool: Though getting fup all done...
    I don't smoke or have brown shoes. :p

New job situation's almost sorted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Working from home today. :cool: Though getting fup all done...
    I don't smoke or have brown shoes. :p

Damn it! :pac:

SUN - a walk is good to clear the head. Takes effort if you ain't feeling great but once you're out and about you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I miss otis! A nicer guy both on or offline could not be found!!

Hope we see him again soon!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Afternoon all..

Otis is gone??? :confused: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Long ass walk to the social to drop in my certs done. Ended up going for a wander too, to make the walk longer because although I don't like walking when I'm feeling lazy, it'll save me going for a jog tonight. :)

Now to peel a mountain of potatoes because I offered to cook dinner for 6 people tonight. I'm such an idiot. :pac:

Time for coffee, Red Bull and more coffee. :D

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Afternoon all..

Otis is gone??? :confused: :eek:
    God TP, that's old news now, you really are showing your age now as you can't even keep up with the thread :pac:

Lynda, red bull really isn't good for you. You could peel the potatoes sitting down, that would save energy!

Pembily wrote: »
    God TP, that's old news now, you really are showing your age now as you can't even keep up with the thread :pac:

Lynda, red bull really isn't good for you. You could peel the potatoes sitting down, that would save energy!

Oh, I know. I used to be completely addicted to it. I was drinking 8 cans a day at one stage. I have about one can a week now usually. Ended up just having coffee anyway. It filled my stomach so I didn't want the Red Bull. :)

Oh, I know. I used to be completely addicted to it. I was drinking 8 cans a day at one stage. I have about one can a week now usually. Ended up just having coffee anyway. It filled my stomach so I didn't want the Red Bull. :)

Eh no wonder you are sick! 8 cans of red bull a day is not good for your heart :eek:

Eh no wonder you are sick! 8 cans of red bull a day is not good for your heart :eek:

:pac: That's not why I'm sick. I'm on stress leave because of a serious assault. :p But yeah, I was destroying myself with it. Stopped that nonsense about 6 months ago and feel fantastic now, and actually have more energy. I find going running and things like that gives me more energy in the long run than a Red Bull :)

• Advertisement

:pac: That's not why I'm sick. I'm on stress leave because of a serious assault. :p But yeah, I was destroying myself with it. Stopped that nonsense about 6 months ago and feel fantastic now, and actually have more energy. I find going running and things like that gives me more energy in the long run than a Red Bull :)

Yikes, are you a nurse or how did that happen? I love the cycling buzz, nearly as good as the sex buzz, but red bull isn't a patch on that!! I only drink redbull with vodka when I have to show people (Awec) how to drink :pac:

Yikes, are you a nurse or how did that happen? I love the cycling buzz, nearly as good as the sex buzz, but red bull isn't a patch on that!! I only drink redbull with vodka when I have to show people (Awec) how to drink :pac:

Nope, just a retail worker! Can't go into detail for legal reasons but one of my superior colleagues has a bit of a temper and took it out on myself and another lady, so I'm off til the HR department respond to my complaint! I still can't cycle. I need to re-learn. For the moment, it's all running and rollerblading! I only really drink red bull with Jager, when I'm racing Jagerbombs. Still want to find someone who can beat me at that, the person who manages to beat me at that will get a free drink from me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i've never tried one of those jagerbombs, though i have no interest in "racing" them...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

bluewolf wrote: »
    i've never tried one of those jagerbombs, though i have no interest in "racing" them...

It's so disgusting the quicker you can get it down the hatch the better to be honest.

Red bull is vile, jaeger is vile, putting the two together is totally vile.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i'll stick with strawberry daqs so :cool:

Nope, just a retail worker! Can't go into detail for legal reasons but one of my superior colleagues has a bit of a temper and took it out on myself and another lady, so I'm off til the HR department respond to my complaint! I still can't cycle. I need to re-learn. For the moment, it's all running and rollerblading! I only really drink red bull with Jager, when I'm racing Jagerbombs. Still want to find someone who can beat me at that, the person who manages to beat me at that will get a free drink from me!

What is the max you can drink?

Jager really is vile tbh. But I find if I knock it back as a Jagerbomb, I'm fine. It's kind of like beer. I don't particularly love it, but I've gotten used to the taste.

Strawberry daquiris, omg. Best thing ever.

Good god, I want one now.

Jager really is vile tbh. But I find if I knock it back as a Jagerbomb, I'm fine. It's kind of like beer. I don't particularly love it, but I've gotten used to the taste.

Jaeger straight is grand, Jaegerbomb competitions are hilarious!

I have tea and flapjacks :D

It's great going to tgi and having their fried mozzerella, a big burger or steak, strawberry daqs, and a nice dessert :cool::cool:

• Advertisement

What is the max you can drink?

Hmm. Not totally sure of my tolerance because I've lost a hell of a lot of weight in the last year so my tolerance has lowered. It depends. Some nights, I'm wasted after 6 drinks. Others, I can drink all night. If I'm drinking slowly, I can manage 7 or 8 Jagerbombs and a few pints, maybe a shot or two, but I'd be drinking most of that through the whole night, not just over a few hours. I can drink a good bit, but wouldn't be a very heavy drinker usually.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement