Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

No. With the Three offer you get unlimited plus unlimited call to any Irish mobile or landline.

Are calls to landlines *really* covered by the prepay plan?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

breathn wrote: »
    Are calls to landlines *really* covered by the prepay plan?

Yes at weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

2 days until new data charges are due/scheduled to kick in. Reaction will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Fungus wrote: »
    2 days until new data charges are due/scheduled to kick in. Reaction will be interesting.

What:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

I just use the wifi on my phone, but what are the new charges out of interest?

• Advertisement

I just use the wifi on my phone, but what are the new charges out of interest?

New changes apply from 1 May 2012 according to the 48 website.

They previously stated that the charges would be 1 EUR per hour of used data. Hence, big charges, for example, with smartphones with background data.

The tariff might be different than previously announced or they may extended their current offer again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

New changes apply from 1 May 2012 according to the 48 website.

They previously stated that the charges would be 1 EUR per hour of used data. Hence, big charges, for example, with smartphones with background data.

The tariff might be different than previously announced or they may extended their current offer again.

They are charging for loading time what. What Apps use background Data??

I know I close all my Apps via the Mutlitask bar on my iphone so that should

prevent that from happening.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

luzon wrote: »

Any app that you have under On on the Push notifications, email, facebook, twitter, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How does that data per hour charge work, can't get my head around it. If i'm reading it right the longer it takes to download things the more you pay. It's an interesting concept, i'm sure there's a few suits giggling under a desk somewhere.

Old offer extended until 7 May 2012.

7 more days before punitive data charges kick in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

Has anyone tried tethering data using these guys? Do they allow it and if so does it come out of your 500mb/week add on or is there a separate add-on?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭kaahooters

luzon wrote: »

closing the apps in the multi task bar, just removes them from the multitaskbar, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Old offer extended until 7 May 2012.

7 more days before punitive data charges kick in.

Arg!

I've been waiting til new system kicks in to see how it operates before changing over :o. Sticking with VF for another week at least then i suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

kaahooters wrote: »
    closing the apps in the multi task bar, just removes them from the multitaskbar, nothing more.

No when you close the App via this way it closes the App fully look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

My brother was about to port his phone number to 48months under a slightly false name to get the deal ... but last night I warned him that he may not be able to get it back if something goes wrong because it will be in a name different to his.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭bren2001

Piliger wrote: »
    My brother was about to port his phone number to 48months under a slightly false name to get the deal ... but last night I warned him that he may not be able to get it back if something goes wrong because it will be in a name different to his.........

How wouldnt he be able to get it back. His phone is unlocked if he is switching and however you are switching too dont care who you are, its not like your Id'd when you go to switch to any network.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Why using different name? there's no problem using his real name they don't check name or age when porting.

He was worried that they might discover he is over 24 (26 actually). And if he had to move back to O2 he was concerned that he may have to fill in some form with O2 and the name would not be his own :)

No. With the Three offer you get unlimited anytime texts & internet, plus unlimited call to any Irish mobile or landline. And you have your €20 for any other use. But ...horses for courses....

I can't find that offer ....

I can't find that offer ....

See here: http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html

• Advertisement

48 have extended their current data offer, by just 1 day, till 8 May 2012.

4 days till punitive data charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

48 have extended their current data offer, by just 1 day, till 8 May 2012.

4 days till punitive data charges.

They are a very strange outfit!

I decided to port over from O2 today.

Now I find that it takes up to 24 hours to process a credit card membership payment ! And that is exactly what they have just said to me in an email ! FFS ??

"Hey Xxxxxxx,

I can see that your membership is still in processing. This can take up to 24 hours to go through. If you still cant make calls or texts by this time tomorrow then get in touch."

Data ´offer' expires today and still no word, at all, on the new data rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Data ´offer' expires today and still no word, at all, on the new data rate.

Ask on their Facebook page?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭bossdrum

I decided to port over from O2 today.

Now I find that it takes up to 24 hours to process a credit card membership payment ! And that is exactly what they have just said to me in an email ! FFS ??

"Hey Xxxxxxx,

I can see that your membership is still in processing. This can take up to 24 hours to go through. If you still cant make calls or texts by this time tomorrow then get in touch."

My credit card payment has always gone through instantly.

Maybe it's a problem with your credit card or credit card company?

20 hours now and still no access to my phone :( Their help people say it is 'stuck' in processing' ... FFS

EDIT: I forgot to say that they say the payment has gone through yesterday .. (and it hit my credit card this morning)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

20 hours now and still no access to my phone :( Their help people say it is 'stuck' in processing' ... FFS
    Cowboys Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Service with 48 is fine until you have a problem..... then they abandon you. Lost phone and requested replacement sim card. Card arrived and its now two days of emails trying to get the new sim registered on the old account. I am now convinced that this operation is run by 10 year old's. Will leave it till the end of today then porting back from these muppets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭niallkkk

yes we know all this.but its a tenner a month.and u will realise that when it does finally get set up

Advertisement