Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'm at 68% after 21 hours. That's with Wifi on the whole time, moderate usage. Definitely the best battery life I've had on a smartphone.

Is there an app for posting screenshots or how does that work?

You can take a screenshot by pressing the power button and home button at the same time. Also, what version software are you using? How much screentime is that with?
    Zascar wrote: »
    Guys out of interest has anyone here got a One X in white from any of the networks? O2 seem to only have it in black, I want it in white but can't wait forever. Have the other networks got it in white or is it only white sim free etc?

I got it from Meteor in White.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

hold up. ther eis a new 1.29 update for the One X? i have an unbranded one X and there is no update thats been pushed on it yet

Yes. Installed the latest version of the Android Revolution rom and it has the 1.29 update.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1562603

Mind you have to have your phone rooted btw

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Quick question on the One X, do they all come with the stupid beats logo on the back? In fact can you get a version that doesn't actually use anything by Beats audio?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Pretty sure a One X is a One X, no variants.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

draffodx wrote: »
    Quick question on the One X, do they all come with the stupid beats logo on the back? In fact can you get a version that doesn't actually use anything by Beats audio?

You can disable the beats audio software. All it does is boost bass. Hardly "How the artists intended". I really don't like just adding bass to stuff like Jazz or classical music, doesn't really suit booming bass.......on the other hand I'm sure there are plenty of styles it is suited to. Down to taste really.

BTW 1day 12hrs 20mins off charge and 17% battery remaining.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Robo_Mike wrote: »
    You can take a screenshot by pressing the power button and home button at the same time. Also, what version software are you using? How much screentime is that with?

Thanks.

Screen Time 33m

They all have the logo, though you can turn off beats audio if you don't like it when you are listening to music.

Thanks for the info but does the device actually have beats hardware in it? I've found the headphones to be awful and it would put me off the device, at the minute I'm awaiting the SGS III announcement but from leaks it looks like the One X is gonna be a nicer device.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Don't know what you mean by "Beats Hardware" There are no beats headphones included. You can turn off the beats integration.

Not sure what more information you need

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Beats audio is a bit of a sham imo. All it does it act like a graphic equaliser and boosts certain frequencies - you can get apps that do the same thing.

Thanks for the info but does the device actually have beats hardware in it? I've found the headphones to be awful and it would put me off the device, at the minute I'm awaiting the SGS III announcement but from leaks it looks like the One X is gonna be a nicer device.

The beats headphones don't come in the box. I've been led to believe that the Beats company producing the headphones and the beats company who designed the software are essentially different companies operating under the same umbrella name. I've also been told that the headphone manufacturer isn't able to produce the headphones for the new HTC range due to demand so HTC went ahead with the One X without beats headphones so as not to cause issues meeting demand for the phone.

• Advertisement

Don't know what you mean by "Beats Hardware" There are no beats headphones included. You can turn off the beats integration.

Not sure what more information you need

Thanks, I was wondering if the headphones were beats branded or if some speaker hardware was by Beats, that's cleared it up, thanks.

I think vodafone were including "beats" earphones as well as the HTC ones. Not sure of the point, I'd rather one decent pair of earphones than 2 crap pairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

My brother got one of these One X's.
    • Charged it up fully overnight
    • Did firmware update
    • Battery lasted 4 hours and 26 minutes before the phone died. It didn't even get him until lunchtime!
    • Returned phone and got refund.

Some serious problems with some of these! Phone looked great but battery life was shocking. I'd say wait until they have this battery problem sorted out or you could be landed with one like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

• Did firmware update
    • Battery lasted 4 hours and 26 minutes before the phone died. It didn't even get him until lunchtime!

Some serious problems with some of these! Phone looked great but battery life was shocking. I'd say wait until they have this battery problem sorted out or you could be landed with one like that!

Initial charge is terrible, will get alot better by the third or fourth charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

hold up. ther eis a new 1.29 update for the One X? i have an unbranded one X and there is no update thats been pushed on it yet

Out of curiosity, if you have an unbranded phone can you just manually check for updates available or do they have to be pushed by network provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I'm at 68% after 21 hours. That's with Wifi on the whole time, moderate usage. Definitely the best battery life I've had on a smartphone.

Screen Time 33m

Is this considered light/medium/heavy usage for a smartphone

I am showing 48m screen time with 65% remaining and 7 hours off the charger on another brand of phone and just want to compare to see if I am getting good performance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

• Did firmware update

He jumped the gun a bit. Battery life is always terrible for the first few days. The phone normally lasts a day or longer.

tui0hcg wrote: »

I am showing 48m screen time with 65% remaining and 7 hours off the charger on another brand of phone and just want to compare to see if I am getting good performance

No idea really. Probably light usage.

To be honest once I am getting a day out of it I don't mind.

I don't use it a hell of a lot at work so that probably helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

tui0hcg wrote: »

Just a general question really to anyone in the know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭SteM

• Did firmware update

I'm surprised they let him return it because of the battery issue. I'm surprised that they didn't tell him that it improves over a few charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

He jumped the gun a bit. Battery life is always terrible for the first few days. The phone normally lasts a day or longer.

I'm half inclined to agree with him. I probably would have given it another charge cycle or two if it was
    me but i've never ever had a phone that gave me that sort of performance out of the box. How much
    better was it going to get after a charge or two, realistically!

He wasn't happy with 4 hours and wanted his €600 back, not going to argue.
    Phone looked great though in fairness. Didn't like the look of the camera sticking out at the back but the
    screen looked great even though it was sucking 65% of the battery's power.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

I'm half inclined to agree with him. I probably would have given it another charge cycle or two if it was
    me but i've never ever had a phone that gave me that sort of performance out of the box. How much
    better was it going to get after a charge or two, realistically!

Much better, as people are are telling you... If you have the screen on constantly the battery is going to die really fast, there's no question about that. That's the same as most smartphones these days.

After a few days / charges the battery improves a great deal, people are getting in excess of a day with moderate use.
    The problem with some HTC phones for the longest time was that they shipped with smaller than average batteries - while the competition continued up past 6 Whr, HTC would ship phones with 5 or so. That changes with the HTC One X, which includes a 6.66 Whr (1800 mAh, 3.7V) internal battery. I’m presenting the same battery capacity chart that we did in the Xolo X900 review for a frame of reference.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5779/htc-one-x-for-att-review/3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Can someone confirm that the contract Three handsets in Carphone Warehouse are stock HTC please? I just had a guy in a CPW shop tell me "they're all the same", which I'm pretty sure is tripe. I went to CPW specifically to avoid getting stuck with a Three-loaded handset.

(He also told me he didn't have any. Not "I can have one for you tomorrow, sir", or even "we'll have them next week", but "there's a Three shop up the road". A real sale hunter.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Purchased mine from CPW and it is clean of all branding, though I could not say if they are all like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Anyone upgraded to this from the Galaxy S2?

Worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

A guy at work did and he thinks the x is way ahead of the s2.

eoin_mcg wrote: »
    BTW 1day 12hrs 20mins off charge and 17% battery remaining.:cool:
    Ok do my phone died after 1day, 18hrs, 50 mins. I'm quite impressed by this, especially for the first charge cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

a few words on battery life from htc themselves. :)

http://blog.htc.com/2012/05/improving-battery-life/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

im glad i diddnt wait for the S3. what a anti climax

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Why is it an anti-climax? What exactly were you expecting? The design may not be as nice as the One X but it has oodles more new software and feature updates - som pretty impressive

Advertisement