Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Oh blue you've just reminded me that I want to find white twixes. I found them in a random pound shop in Carlow and they were divine. Haven't seen them anywhere else. :o

Has anyone tried the white chocolate Malteasers yet?
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!

Having an MS relapse at the minute... trying to do whatever I can to stay positive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

white choc? no no no !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

White malteasers?? Interesting.. :) ElleEm, hope you're okay. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

bluewolf wrote: »
    white choc? no no no !

It depends on the brand. Some white chocolate tastes like vomit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Marketing manager just showed me the COOLEST THING EVER that we're giving away for the Heineken Cup. I want it so badly. Too bad I can't enter the blimmin competition :mad: Buuuuuut, she did say I can have it for the day once it's ready :D:D:D:D:D

Sorry, I know I'm being very cryptic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Marketing manager just showed me the COOLEST THING EVER that we're giving away for the Heineken Cup. I want it so badly. Too bad I can't enter the blimmin competition :mad: Buuuuuut, she did say I can have it for the day once it's ready :D:D:D:D:D

Sorry, I know I'm being very cryptic!

It's Rob Kearney, isn't it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Susie_Q wrote: »
    No stinkers of questions except for this one: "In sampling, what is the difference between accuracy and precision?"

Fair play.

I got that question once in an interview and I answered the wrong way around. So (I think) accuracy is one sample and precision is the std dev or mean of the results over samples.

Or something.

I got the job either way, hope you do too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Here's yer sister. I seem to have decided this year, (first year, dream course like??) is the year I need to panic in exams and not remember a thing :( Emailed my tutor today to say I'll finish the set of exams but I will be repeating, please don't hate me, I can do this, except nicer like. I also had to restrain myself from photocopying my previous parchment to prove I do belong in college and can complete a degree.
    Hope it goes better for your next one AN, and with the lovely Mr X :)
    Jessibelle I failed first year. Today I finished my final exams. You can do this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

EmilyO wrote: »
    It's Rob Kearney, isn't it?

It's even better than Rob!

Possibly not better than Damian Browne, though. Hubba hubba!

Honey-ec wrote: »
    It's even better than Rob!

Possibly not better than Damian Browne, though. Hubba hubba!

I had to google him...Not bad, but I'm more of a Conor Murray gal myself! :P

But....

inpho_00539610-630x332.jpg

• Advertisement

My last few posts have been about attractive men....

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

you perv.......i love it :D

rob kearny nom nom nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Serious lack of this sexy beast in this conversation..

203363.jpg

Tommy Bowe :D

i have managed to clean my room the sitting room and the kitchen in the past hour! i need to study!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Julybreeze wrote: »
    He's gorgeous. I would use a harness for walking rather than collar from now on if I were you. We were fostered a rescue dog whose collar got embedded in to her skin because it was so tight so we got her a harness so that the pressure was on her chest and not her neck if she pulled on the lead. When her neck healed she wore a loose collar just so she could wear her i.d tags but we never attached the lead to it.

I completly agree about harnesses :) all my dogs have worn them. I'm reluctant to bring him out without a collar though cause he'd have no id tag and He's not chipped yet. I'd be worried if he got away somehow he'd have no way of getting back to us. Best not take a chance i thinks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

:pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Gel?

No no no no no.

Gel is old school.

gel isnt that bad if its done right

otherwise it just looks mank!

gel isnt that bad if its done right

otherwise it just looks mank!

I have 2 male friends that gel the back of each others hair before they go out so it's perfect, and in fairness it always looks good, but by god they look like lovers doing each others hair.

They're both straight by the way, although I have my suspicions..

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    I have 2 male friends that gel the back of each others hair before they go out so it's perfect, and in fairness it always looks good, but by god they look like lovers doing each others hair.

They're both straight by the way, although I have my suspicions..

ha me too! its getting to the stage where they are using hairspray to make sure it sticks...

do your friends go ape shít like mine if you even touch the hair after its done??!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Gel?

No no no no no.

Gel is old school.

thats why I just shaved all my hair off, no upkeep required, havent been to a barder in years just cut it myself

ha me too! its getting to the stage where they are using hairspray to make sure it sticks...

do your friends go ape shít like mine if you even touch the hair after its done??!!

Oh my God yes. One of them is like a ninja when it comes to anyone touching his hair, even if you try walk up to him from behind he'll block you!

We've been best friends for years and I've only seen his hair un-gelled once, and it's also the only time he let me touch his hair, cause I was upset and crying, he let me rustle it to cheer me up :P

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Oh my God yes. One of them is like a ninja when it comes to anyone touching his hair, even if you try walk up to him from behind he'll block you!

We've been best friends for years and I've only seen his hair un-gelled once, and it's also the only time he let me touch his hair, cause I was upset and crying, he let me rustle it to cheer me up :P

sounds exactly like my friends!

Ive seen them a few times without gel and they look so cute! they look baby like! i think its why they rarely go without gel! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

krudler wrote: »
    thats why I just shaved all my hair off, no upkeep required, havent been to a barder in years just cut it myself

Shaved hair ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

My joints are being naughty and refusing to sit comfortably in their sockets. :mad:

I'd insist they sit in the corner, but can't really see that helping....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Gel?

No no no no no.

Gel is old school.

Ive got a thing for wet look gel on mens hair, if its done right of course. My boys even gel their hair. My husband never goes out with our a rub of wet look hair gel....

He tried the hair gum and thats s**t. I love the messed up spike look :D

He did shave all his hair off one, but that was before he started chemo. Shaved hair didnt look good on him, I love running my hands threw his hair and gripping it betwen my fingers...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Anyone ever use Sally Hanson (sp?) tan before? My cousin recommended it. The wipes aren't great it has to be said.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Anyone ever use Sally Hanson (sp?) tan before? My cousin recommended it. The wipes aren't great it has to be said.. :o

I have, I use it all the time. It's the best instant tan I've come across, easy enough to put on evenly using a glove. On the tin it says for legs, but I use it on my arms and face as well. I find the lighter one gives you a lovely tanned glow without being too OTT.

Halfway through my exams :D todays one went well enough and feeling happy enough. Did enough to pass anyway I would think. Next one on Tuesday, so I'm relaxing for the afternoon. Roll on next Thursday & being finished!

sally hansen is really good!

i use the medium glow even though i am as a pale as a ghost!

its brilliant it covers everything! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Right so, this study thing is going to go better in the afternoon. That said, I've found a new appreciation for academic writers who know they're writing for a general audience and only use one or two terms that need to be looked up in the dictionary....

Looking over assignment feedback for my "worst" subject, don't think I'm AS screwed as I thought, we'll see..

Ladies, you've made me want man in suit..... hmm...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement