Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya I'd say that secret ending will show up on the DVD and will prob kick off Iron Man 3.

Can't believe we can finally say THANOS without spoilers. After seeing the advanced screening, was mad to post it up and then a user here was talking about the film and his name was Thanos, took everything to hold it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

sheehy83 wrote: »
    THANOS

Anyone recommend a graphic novel with Thanos in it to prepare myself?
    I've seen him in one or two things and have all the info from my Marvel Encyclopaedia but would like to start getting to know him better.

...and yes...
    NERD.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

What happens in the after credits Thanos scene? Completely forgot to stay after the credits :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya I'd say that secret ending will show up on the DVD and will prob kick off Iron Man 3.
    The scene after the credits was of all the superheroes eating that food Stark was on about, Shwarma was it called?, in a restaurant.

Banner was also there but in human form, as was the rest of the gang. They didn't speak to each other though, so not a major indicator to any sequels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

What happens in the after credits Thanos scene? Completely forgot to stay after the credits :(

The Chitauri general, or whoever it was speaking to Loki earlier, is talking to someone with their back turned. The general is explaining that the humans were a tougher opponent than they expected. He then says something like, to challenge them would mean death. The guy with his back turned, turns his head and grins. Its Thanos.

Something like that anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

That, 'cept he says 'to challenge them is to court death'.

Thanos' big thing is that he is infatuated/in love with death

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Pter wrote: »
    That, 'cept he says 'to challenge them is to court death'.

Thanos' big thing is that he is infatuated/in love with death

fred-mercury-queen-meme-so-close.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

^
    Don't worry, I was quite impressed with your recounting of that scene. :pac:

You know something that stood out at me glaringly? The fact there was no noticeable product placements. At all. Sure there was the odd phone being held up, but no logos that I could see. For an obviously big-budget movie, it was so refreshing not to have it shoved in your face. If anything, there seemed to be a scene that actively mocked this; where some of the Avengers are passing by the end of a car and the logo is an A, which I'm assuming is the Avengers logo.

Did anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You know something that stood out at me glaringly? The fact there was no noticeable product placements. At all. Sure there was the odd phone being held up, but no logos that I could see. For an obviously big-budget movie, it was so refreshing not to have it shoved in your face. If anything, there seemed to be a scene that actively mocked this; where some of the Avengers are passing by the end of a car and the logo is an A, which I'm assuming is the Avengers logo.

Close. The car was an Acura

• Advertisement

Close. The car was an Acura

Was it? I had never seen the logo before and it wasn't on screen long enough for me to register. Was that the only product placement?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

That was the Acura (Honda) logo. Tony Stark and Bruce Banner also drive the new Acura NSX in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Was it? I had never seen the logo before and it wasn't on screen long enough for me to register. Was that the only product placement?

The cars worth about $9million (in film i should point out) from what Ive seen so couldnt really call it product placement :pac:
    Besides that nothing really stood out that I can think of.

James74 wrote: »
    That was the Acura (Honda) logo. Tony Stark and Bruce Banner also drive the new Acura NSX in the film.

Really? I never even noticed that! Which is why it was so refreshing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

that big iron man suit was totally in your face, i dont care how cool downey makes it look im not gonna be forking out for one of them, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Well Black Sabbath are meant to have a new album coming out, but that t-shirt was too much in character to be product placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Digitalism wrote: »
    The scene after the credits was of all the superheroes eating that food Stark was on about, Shwarma was it called?, in a restaurant.

Banner was also there but in human form, as was the rest of the gang. They didn't speak to each other though, so not a major indicator to any sequels.

Where did you see this scene? It wasn't at the end of the version I saw.

Well Black Sabbath are meant to have a new album coming out, but that t-shirt was too much in character to be product placement.

That's pretty much why I didn't even really pay attention to it. It suited the whole character of Tony Stark as depicted by RDJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That's pretty much why I didn't even really pay attention to it. It suited the whole character of Tony Stark as depicted by RDJ.

Yeah, same with his love of AC/DC songs

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Liamario wrote: »
    I always felt that Hulk is a great character, but it's extremely difficult to make a stand alone movie with him. He's much better suited as an 'enemy' in spider-man or thor. Or of course, as part of the Avengers.

Me too. I loved the tv show as a young lad and comics so was always interested to see what they came up with. I think Hulk in Avengers is how I always imagined him in a movie. I liked The Incredible Hulk but it felt more like an Ed Norton movie than a Hulk/Marvel movie (which shows what a great actor Norton is). Ruffalo reminded me of Bill Bixby in the TV show. Hes the perfect Banner.

Hulk doesnt seem to have any characters/allies to bounce off in his own movies (Betty Ross has more of a calming effect). Avengers is the perfect environment for him.

Going to see this again at weekend. Fantastic stuff.
    The only thing that annoyed me was when a full force whack of Thors hammer in the face didnt knock him out but ill forgive that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks
    Coulson is alive is kidding themselves, he clearly stopped breathing ffs! If he wasn't dead it would have been revealed in this film, he's not gandalf :P

i'm sure i saw him at the end

577221_10151612679870341_791955340_24338356_2123057554_n.jpg

it was clearer in the cinema

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

anyone think the villains revealed in the post - credit scene were a bit camp :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Tigger wrote: »

He was having a pint with Elvis iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

My take on the T-shirt was that it was a clever little easter egg - considering this sabbath song:

so not PP for me anyway!

There was only one scene in the whole movie that I cringed at, it was near the beginning with Loki in Germany, and the one elderly man stands up before Captain America jumps in and saves the day. Though in hindsight, it was probably the best way to effectively introduce that character to the modern world.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

There was only one scene in the whole movie that I cringed at, it was near the beginning with Loki in Germany, and the one elderly man stands up before Captain America jumps in and saves the day. Though in hindsight, it was probably the best way to effectively introduce that character to the modern world.

My kid said Loki was lucky they all spoke english :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

So was I. I had my suspicions on his death, but it was that guy at the end that truly got me thinking he'd survived. Maybe I've watched too many espionage series though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Anybody know what the deal was with the blond girl the camera lingered on a couple of times in the final fight? She also speaks at the end, on one of the new reports thanking Captain America. I recognise the actress from some other stuff and the camera lingering on her made me think her character was an easter egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Re: Coulson
    There were rumours on fan forums that Banner and Stark would bring Coulson back to life as Vision. Apparently they made a throw away comment in the film about being MD...something, can't remember the full phrase, it means creating robotic or mechanical life or something. Most likely bollocks though.
    I'd heard the rumour about him being resurrected as The Vision before I saw the film, and couldn't help noticing that after he's died, Fury refers to him as "my one good eye."

Personally I hope they don't bring him back as it would cheapen his death, but I couldn't help but wonder if that line was significant. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Even if that is him, it's possible that they just cut that scene in at that point in the movie, that it was made as an establishing shot when the team arrive on that bridge.

It might even be a reversed shot from earlier on...

Advertisement