Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

cena wrote: »
    so was at the doctor this morning for an quater to nine appointment and I didn't get out till half ten
    You equaled my record so. Whats the point of booking a appointment, they mean nothing anymore.
    Had my proudest moment on twitter today, managed to get blocked by Hector.
    What did you say to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

GTR63 wrote: »
    What did you say to him?

He played that song 'Call me Maybe' and I expressed my dissatisfaction. Then he replied that it was number one last week. Then I told him to get off his high horse as he used to refuse to play Katy Perry and he responded with this:

"yeah yeah yeah .. good luck youre barred ! i play what I want when I want ps KEEP HER LIT AND THATS STRAIGHT EDGE ! "

Clearly he dosen't know what straight edge is either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

so was at the doctor this morning for an quater to nine appointment and I didn't get out till half ten

That's about average in my experience, anything less than that is a bonus!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's because most patients have the ubiquitous disease of "while I'm here, Doctor..." and you get the real reason(s) people came into the practice. It means people take at least double the time they were allotted. :o That and GPs get tons of referrals, paperwork & sorting out follow-up tests, admissions etc. He/she isn't in there having a conga party lol! A sizeable portion of the day is administrative crap. That and patients need to be ready when the doctor is; there's tons of them but very few Doctors.

Waiting sucks for everyone but at least you were out still in early morning. Hope everything's alright cena :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It's because most patients have the ubiquitous disease of "while I'm here, Doctor..."

For €60 per appointment, I would be in the category of "I'll wait until there's 3 or 4 things wrong with me before I go" :D

• Advertisement

It's because most patients have the ubiquitous disease of "while I'm here, Doctor..." and you get the real reason(s) people came into the practice. It means people take at least double the time they were allotted. :o That and GPs get tons of referrals, paperwork & sorting out follow-up tests, admissions etc. He/she isn't in there having a conga party lol! A sizeable portion of the day is administrative crap. That and patients need to be ready when the doctor is; there's tons of them but very few Doctors.

Waiting sucks for everyone but at least you were out still in early morning. Hope everything's alright cena :)

Jayk proving he is in the profession. I hate when old people go in before you I just say to myself forget it cause they keep talking to the doctor for ages. My doctor must hate me cause I have two referrals for hospital that are going on for about 3 years & a tooth that needs to be pulled nearly 2 years & they stay offering me painkillers to "help it".

a tooth that needs to be pulled nearly 2 years & they stay offering me painkillers to "help it".

String + doorknob + video camera = problem solved :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

€15 per disease Rich is pretty good value! lol. Always good to have a DS or a charged iphone with ya at the doctors

Once had an old man come in complaining of a lump in his throat. Turns out his dog died earlier in the week. Pretty heartbreaking. :( You couldn't just send him away right away.

GTR mate no sense in toughing it out when it's definitely gonna hurt, i say take the meds!

€15 per disease Rich is pretty good value! lol. Always good to have a DS or a charged iphone with ya at the doctors

Once had an old man come in complaining of a lump in his throat. Turns out his dog died earlier in the week. Pretty heartbreaking. :( You couldn't just send him away right away.

GTR mate no sense in toughing it out when it's definitely gonna hurt, i say take the meds!
    Oh I am taking the meds but I don't lean on them too much. I couldn't take my DS out in Public its like saying don't go near this man he is still a child playing his Pokemon White & Mario Kart, that reminds me must pick up Kid Icarus.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    String + doorknob + video camera = problem solved :D

Its my back teeth so NO Chance. I will bide my time i'm afraid. Its annoying as fúck waiting for appointments, last time I went in they lost my X-Ray & I had to go get it done in another hospital cause their machine was broken.

Real & Bayern is quite exciting could finish any score, no blanket defending anyway.
    4,000th post to celebrate here is a gimmick that I only remembered how great it was this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

This week has "amazeballs" for exciting soccerball action. Hope the "ruggers" can match it.

This week has "amazeballs" for exciting soccerball action. Hope the "ruggers" can match it.

Watch the Europa league semi too(skip the coverage on 3e though)they were both great last week, far better the champ league semi's were last week imo. As for the rugby Clermont vs Leinster could be a cracking game, but Edinburgh vs Ulster maybe not so much, hope the latter of both ties get through & we get a all Irish final.

Gonna bet on Clermont even though it's in Bordeaux. Ulster should have too much unless Pienaar has another disaster.

Really hope Leinster pull it off on Sunday, should be a cracker of a game. Missed barca and Chelsea last night because of training and now only getting to see some of Bayern and Madrid because of college exams tomorrow. Must learn next year to study in advance of exams.

Real are a bit nervy now. Next goal is Huge in this tie if Bayern get it Real have to get two. Kinda Hate the away goal rule it just fuels negativity which is so strange when you think that football is meant to be a entertaining sport.

I like the away goal rule. Levels out the 2nd leg home advantage a lot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Its a fair food game to watch but I see Madrid scoring next even if it has been mainly Munich for the last while, (watch bayern get a goal now)

I like the away goal rule. Levels out the 2nd leg home advantage a lot.
    What advantage is there really from playing the second leg at home? Plus, it gives your opponent an extra 30 minutes to get said away goal if needed. If they only counted for 90 minutes, then fair enough but it doesnt. It counts for extra time too, giving the away side the advantage. One away goal means the home team needs two.

Mario "Andy Carroll" Gomez, in the sense that at times he needs about 8 chances to score 1 goal. Don't worry he will get a flick on late on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

He/she isn't in there having a conga party lol!

214636_o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

I just went in to ask if I could second opinion on this injury to my hand while been there been told I've depression due the injury getting me down.

Fair play Bayern deserved to go through. Eamo is in some mood tonite.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I hope Bayern win the final if chelsea don't get 4th newcastle deserve it after the season they've had

and BH this is for you for the soccer forum, to get you into primo Modding mode

That was a terrible penalty shootout. Dunphy delighted Ronaldo missed. You would think it was the only penalty missed the way the rte lads go on about it.

That was a terrible penalty shootout. Dunphy delighted Ronaldo missed. You would think it was the only penalty missed the way the rte lads go on about it.

I had to laugh when Eamo called it beforehand & then gave us his own shootout heartbreak story. Guess Dunphy feels he has to balance out all the English press saying Messi ain't that great. They were right about Mourinho though the team shows little of his touches or characteristics. They didn't want it as much as Bayern did which suprised me.

I was hoping Ronaldo would score so Dunphy would have to eat his words. Other than that, I didnt care who won. I'll be supporting Bayern in the final unless Spurs finish 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Tune is banging, everyone here can relate. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Schweini was immense this morning, I'm glad Bayern won and delighted he got the winning moment. When he punched his chest when he was about to take the peno... what a boss.

It's great that there are no Spanish teams in the final, fúck Madrid and Uefalona.

Dont mind who wins it now really, but would prefer Chelsea to win it, and will be supporting them on the night.

Kinda Hate the away goal rule it just fuels negativity which is so strange when you think that football is meant to be a entertaining sport.

Tim Vickery has a good blog on the differences between the away goal rule in Europe compared to South America. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/

Of all the dozens of wrestling blogs and articles I skim through, Tim Vickery is the only soccer journo I go out of my way to read each week.

• Advertisement

I hope Bayern win the final if chelsea don't get 4th newcastle deserve it after the season they've had

What's the story if Chelsea win the final but finish 5th in the league, does that mean five English teams in next seasons CL?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement