Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Cycling Gear Order Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Cork24 wrote: »
    Start a Thread ?

I'll wait for the more talented people to go first...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

One Quick thing Lads,

In the Excel Sheet in the Notes Section can you please put down if you want it post or do you want to Collect it.

I have Rates from An Post at 1kg to 1.5kg Parcel at 6.50euro Nation Wide..

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

i made this jersey up a few minutes ago and it didnt turn out too bad i suppose. its still a bit rough around the edges but i can clean that up when i get more time/if people like it.

it might not be to everyone elses taste but sure let me know what ye think. :pac:

flying11 wrote: »
    i made this jersey up a few minutes ago and it didnt turn out too bad i suppose. its still a bit rough around the edges but i can clean that up when i get more time/if people like it.

it might not be to everyone elses taste but sure let me know what ye think. :pac:

No bad its a bit to green.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I think you can use few more colors :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Not a fan, sorry, I really like the original pink and black one...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

colm_gti wrote: »

no worries lads, as i said everyone has their own tastes. i appreciate the feedback though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

i agree, there's nothing wrong with the black and pink one. Simple tends to better in these types of jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Im a fan of simple as well I like the design. How about an alternative to pink like mabe red.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Pink was not my favourite color for a jersey but the design is great when you see it on a person. Man up and wear pink lads! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

sweet, another order. I can finally replace my torn up crash jersey.
    I need to go and check sizes but I reckon I'll go for:

1 x shorts L
    1 x l/s jersey L
    taken out the s/s jersey and put the order into the spreadsheet.
    Thanks!
    DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Do I need to post a photo of myself to make people change their minds???

you don't need to but...

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

Just added a S/S full zip small jersey to the order on the spreadsheet :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭g0g

Just a random comment on the re-design idea. Is there not meant to be some sort of element of having your own "team/group colours"? I wasn't initially mad about the pink/black design but it's grown on me. Seems a little weird to consider completely changing all colours from time to time. Football teams keep their colours over the years and just change the design a little. From what little of cycling I know it seems the same with clubs too, and similar across various other sports. I know before anyone points it out Boards isn't exactly a team/club, but surely it makes sense to have something consistent over the years....? Is that why there was an instruction that new designs have to be approved - does the Boards Team (or whoever) look to approve based on keeping a consistency? If I remember correctly the only other boards jersey design I've seen was kinda different colours.

(sorry for jumping into your order thread, just seems like the place to ask the question)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

g0g wrote: »
    Is that why there was an instruction that new designs have to be approved - does the Boards Team (or whoever) look to approve based on keeping a consistency? If I remember correctly the only other boards jersey design I've seen was kinda different colours.

no it s not to keep a consistent design, its because we are using the boards logo hence they need to approve a design change

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

How does the sizing work out for women?

first to confirm prices based on 10+

Jerseys S/S With Full Zip €35+vat

Jerseys L/S With Full Zip €39+vat

Design will be €30, as you have supplied me with AI files, so its less work for Matt.

try and get 10 items minimum if possible, as the factory charges us more for less than 10, at least 20% extra.

we use good materials like the standard jersey is coolmax, lycra shorts with a really good italian chamois.

Sounds Good..

How does the sizing work out for women?

I will post a Size chart when i get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clippers

Updated the spreadsheet for 1 x Medium Short Sleve Jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

I'll probably be intersted in at least a jersey, but I'll wait and see what the final design and cost is before putting details into the spreadsheet.

I have a ss jersey from the last order in black and pink. I wasn't sure about it before seeing it in the flesh, but it is now my favourite jersey of the ones I own. It's great in a sportive peleton as well, because you can see the pink flash by, and you know it's a boardsie.

The Design is going to be the same,

We are going to move Suppliers so the s/s jersey will be 35 + VAT which will cost.. 43euro for both the Full zip & the 1/4 Zip. L/S jersey will cost 39 + VAT which will be 47.97 for both Full zip & 1/4 Zip the Bib Shorts also will cost 47.97 which inc. VAT.

when i get home i will update the price on the Order Sheet to the new prices

but as it stands
    S/S Both Zips = 35 + VAT
    L/S Both Zips = 39 + VAT
    Bib Shorts = 39 + VAT
    Gillets = 50 + VAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Masala

Well Done Cork!!!!!

Every euro saved is welcomed!! Nearly Eur20 saved on the Bib Shorts!!

Will you load a Sizing Chart for the new supplier... might have to change size ordered on spreadsheet if major difference.

Again.. well done and keep up the good work!

Masala wrote: »
    Well Done Cork!!!!!

Every euro saved is welcomed!! Nearly Eur20 saved on the Bib Shorts!!

Will you load a Sizing Chart for the new supplier... might have to change size ordered on spreadsheet if major difference.

Again.. well done and keep up the good work!

Thanks,

I will upload a size Chart once i get home for both Men & Women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Fair play Cork24, thanks again for organising the group buy, and excellent choice to keep the design the same :)

Did the company quote a lead time from placing the order to delivering to your door?

And when do you hope to have the order placed (asking as I won't have money to pay you til next Monday :o)

Fair play Cork24, thanks again for organising the group buy, and excellent choice to keep the design the same :)

Did the company quote a lead time from placing the order to delivering to your door?

And when do you hope to have the order placed (asking as I won't have money to pay you til next Monday :o)

I asked for a quick idea of shipping..

It normal takes about 3 weeks for Order to be taken in sent to who ever makes them and to be sent to the front door.

New Prices are up on the Excel Order Sheet which Inc.VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Well done Cork24, thats a great price for the bibs. Just ordered a jersey and bibs, hope XL is right for the bibs with the new crowd (i'm slim and tall).

Just to say fair play again, takes balls to take these orders on and to source a new cheaper supplier (never liked the old sizing). Above and beyond the call of duty good sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Crippens1

Hi, which of the two sizing charts linked earlier should we use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Was actually just on velotec's website there. The long sleve jersy looks nice, its made of different stuff (thermo silk) than the jerseys (poly / coolmax). Is it the QTHERMO code for the L/S, Cork24? Might go with the L/S, anyone have any thermo silk stuff, what it like?

Also they do shoe covers, socks, armwarmer, etc, but that over the top...........right? ........is it though? Oh god i want them.

Crippens1 wrote: »

Not two sure which one maybe the first one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Crippens1 wrote: »

Good question! One stranger than the next!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement