Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

He didn't say shouldn't be on highway, I think it's hard to judge that interview from one very small snippet, the rest of the interview could have been very courteous and pro cycling.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

To be fair, there was an insightful Youtube comment (a rarity!) that pointed out the reporter could have deliberately asked it as a leading question, knowing that a lot of people would be screaming, "YOU DON'T PAY ROAD TAX" at the TV. He asks the leading question, and the guy answered it correctly, thereby hopefully educating a few morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

It has a few bikes in it and it's Belgium so its some what relevant.

I searched properly this time so it better bloody well not have been posted before:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Genius. I want one of those buttons. Although hang around Temple Bar Square on a Saturday night you'll get the fighting and ambulance bits, probably the scantily clad ladies too. But not on motorbikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

TZYHC.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

For anyone who uses Veet......

Just in case you were ever tempted:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Jawgap wrote: »
    For anyone who uses Veet......

Just in case you were ever tempted:D

There's a regular poster on this forum who did something very similar to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Got a present of slick Schwalbe's for the MTB a few weeks ago (which never goes off road) so popped down to the LBS for some new tubes and have them on the bike. It should be a smoother cycle but the height decrease is interesting, I'm rubbing the ground with my feet going around corners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

love the retro look of these (specialized BG74)

8881?$Display$

My bike is filthy and I have no mood to clean it. Where was that chap that was looking for bikes to wash? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

I'm rubbing the ground with my feet going around corners.

Pedals are for your feet!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Had €5 e/w on first, second and third in the Grand National, €207 to the good. That's the trip to Kilorglin sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Had €5 e/w on first, second and third in the Grand National, €207 to the good. That's the trip to Kilorglin sorted :)

good man 2nd and 4th myself, thank god i won last year cause iv had 3 2nds in 5yrs.

manafana wrote: »
    good man 2nd and 4th myself, thank god i won last year cause iv had 3 2nds in 5yrs.

I also won last year, actually I've a good record backing the national.

I also won last year, actually I've a good record backing the national.

ran in for 6th last yrs one, theirs bit of skill to it but you still need luck, always look for good jumper and one that races prominent to try avoid trouble.

Just like cycling really. must do my amstel gold research.

just looking at rides on strava from tour of foothills they realy bring you down roads some people must not cycle much cause about 20 of 25 times on climb out donard are from today.

My Garmin edge is one year old today and in that time it's covered 7,762km, in 636hours and 3 minutes, climbed 59,050 meters, at an average of 21.4kph (I leave it running, plus touring and mountain biking account for the low speed) and I've burned around 251,915 calories :D

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Was all geared up today to change the single speed over to fixed to try it out (maybe that's the wrong phrase).

Spent a while fettling to get wheel out past mudguard, then back in past it (deflated tyre), then centring it in dropouts.

Inflated tyre....rubbed off mudguard. Didn't take account of the fact that the fixed sprocket is 18t and the free 16t. Chain is just that bit too short.

Doh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=1595
    These add glitter to your bike as well, the spangly silver shimano sis writing glistens in the sunlight and little children and big dogs stare in amazement as you zoom past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Didn't bet on the National but did buy shares in Bostik. Win!

WHY?!

388664_2208195489952_1399389397_32027298_1261221719_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

To upset Lumen obviously...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

AstraMonti wrote: »
    WHY?!

Because!

dean.jpg

(Rule of thumb: your lock should be at least 10% as sensible as your bike.)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

(Rule of thumb: your lock should be at least 10% as sensible as your bike.)

10% of nothing is still nothing, so that lock is far to good.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Holy mother of prawn, look at those headset spacers!

I went to Newbridge House the other week with herself. A nice spot to take the kids (if you have any).Here are the best snaps I took:

200706.jpg

This fella is my hero for obvious reasons:

200707.jpg

I think I'll call these lads the Schleck brothers:

200708.jpg

The black one is Andy cos he's always looking around to see where the others are. The other one is Frank cos he's crap!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I think that first one's called Shaun ....;)

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    I think that first one's called Shaun ....;)

Ooh - fighting talk on the eve of the eve of the club league :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement