Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Lads and ladies ,

I'm not speaking as a Moderator here as this is not ' my ' forum but it may be an idea to edit your posts to remove details that may ID you to the Prison Service , giving out your exact rankings makes it exceptionally easy to identify you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

Delancey wrote: »
    Lads and ladies ,

I'm not speaking as a Moderator here as this is not ' my ' forum but it may be an idea to edit your posts to remove details that may ID you to the Prison Service , giving out your exact rankings makes it exceptionally easy to identify you all.
    opps i hate to say it but you are dead right moderator they have now identified themselves so i hope that they have said nothing "wrong" on this in the past :rolleyes::rolleyes: they are always looking through these forums and others to weed out people , maybe you could delete these posts moderator and do them a big favour ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

pleasantly shocked by email :D genuinley thought i'd would be sadly hitting the UNFOLLOW button on this page , only another 123 years til the next stage

• Registered Users Posts: 45 brigal

anyone know it the physical is indoor or outdoor?

think its indoor in a hall
    wonder how many called for pct at a time and how long it will be until we are called for it

• Advertisement

cavan4sam wrote: »
    wonder how many called for pct at a time and how long it will be until we are called for it

Medical and hearing test are first anyway, I say it will depend on placement, have you started training?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

Its in the training center nextdoor to the Midlands prison. There was about 25 there when I did my pct. You should recieve a Garda vetting form from them in the post which you have to fill out and return. Thats the thing that could f*ck you up the most. I was a year waiting between my pct and my start date!

Is it me or is campaign in progress gone off publicjobs.ie since they updated it??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brat74

just one word of advice from someone who knows.........dont join..

brat74 wrote: »
    just one word of advice from someone who knows.........dont join..

Why do you say that? Bad day at work?

• Advertisement

only jokin, not a bad oul job at all. Just treat every day as a school day, and dont try and pretend you know it all..good luck with the training..

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macroman29

Is their a class starting in beladd this year ? Has anyone got word if they passed their interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Near_cavan

macroman29 wrote: »
    Is their a class starting in beladd this year ? Has anyone got word if they passed their interview ?
    Yeah a batch of emails went out last week with interview results.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

Mick Donnellan said to a group of recruits that he couldn't see a group starting this side of Christmas. . . but as we know, believe half of what you see and none of what you hear in this job..... hopefully other jails will get the benefit of new blood and not just you lot in Weatherfield..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

Have you even being reading this thread,if you managed to go back ONE page you'd get the answer to both your questions.....seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Near_cavan

Question re prison service and political parties. I'm a member of a political party and have been offered part time, above board employment with this party. Doesn't anyone see this as being an issue in my application progressing? I would of course give up this job should my application be successful. But just curious as I know civil servants are meant to be apolitical.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭pada1981

brigal wrote: »
    anyone know it the physical is indoor or outdoor?

its indoors defo, in a hall in the training centre, serious bit of advice, makesure you can do the 40x15m runs in under the 3 and a half minutes, its the only thing people fail on, and people do fail the physical.

get out and running now while your waiting for the date, there was 4 people in my group that failed the physical on the runs. they were all heartbroken after going that far and failing but to be fair they werent prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

pada1981 wrote: »
    its indoors defo, in a hall in the training centre, serious bit of advice, makesure you can do the 40x15m runs in under the 3 and a half minutes, its the only thing people fail on, and people do fail the physical.

get out and running now while your waiting for the date, there was 4 people in my group that failed the physical on the runs. they were all heartbroken after going that far and failing but to be fair they werent prepared.

Probably one of the best pieces of advice on this whole thread....the shuttle runs are the very last thing you do during your physical and as stated above the physical is a breeze except for the shuttle runs.......fail to prepare and all that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

Near_cavan wrote: »
    Question re prison service and political parties. I'm a member of a political party and have been offered part time, above board employment with this party. Doesn't anyone see this as being an issue in my application progressing? I would of course give up this job should my application be successful. But just curious as I know civil servants are meant to be apolitical.
    You are not allowed to be a member of any political party as a prison officer but they also say canvassing for promtion is not allowed which we all know in the job is a load of bull as its who you know that gets you up that ladder ;););) i would think though that it could be an issue if you havent got the job yet especially depending on which party your talking about . think twice before taking the job in this party

has anyone any idea of dates for pct ??

• Advertisement

Is medical and hearing test first?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 game17

Hi, recently only came across this thread. I went for interview in feb and got email saying i had been successful in interview for prison officers. It also said 'the Irish Prison Service will shortly issue you with an Information Pack consisting of relevant forms for completion and other information'. I was just wondering had anyone got this info pack or do they know when to expect it? Thanks

possibly is !!! better clean out the old lugs :rolleyes:

game17 wrote: »
    Hi, recently only came across this thread. I went for interview in feb and got email saying i had been successful in interview for prison officers. It also said 'the Irish Prison Service will shortly issue you with an Information Pack consisting of relevant forms for completion and other information'. I was just wondering had anyone got this info pack or do they know when to expect it? Thanks

didn't receive anything yet and i wont be holding my breath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 game17

didn't receive anything yet and i wont be holding my breath

Cheers, It was just when they said- they will SHORTLY issue info pack, i thought it could be quite quickly but obviously could be months!

Staff badly needed but **** all money available. As soon as they get clearance from finance they will start throwin groups into the great wardens academy.....FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Not sure if this is the right place but what would be the best way of going about becoming a prison officer?

Not sure if this is the right place but what would be the best way of going about becoming a prison officer?

Get a time machine and go back to October 08, apply on publicjobs.ie, then do the aptitude test, get back in the time machine and come back to January of this year and find out you've been called for an interview, do the interview and hop back in the time machine and jump ahead maybe a year, find out the date of the medical and physical off the letter they may have sent, hop back in the time machine and come back on that date, personally I think that would be the best way, beats waiting around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

game17 wrote: »
    Cheers, It was just when they said- they will SHORTLY issue info pack, i thought it could be quite quickly but obviously could be months!

Shortly in the public service means a long time from now.

Advertisement