Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

scooby2791 wrote: »
    Going by what happened to two of my friends, when you send the wire transfer via a kiosk in any AIB branch the kiosk adds 'KSK' to your ldn but because it goes over the character limit it gets rid of 3 of the ldn numbers pretty much rendering the payment moot. They both had to go to the AIB branch, get a letter and bank statement proving the payment was sent and then send scanned copies of those documents to the IEC. The lads in AIB also said this has happened to a good few people and there is nothing they can do about the kiosks messing up.

When I went into an AIB the girl insisted I should go over and do it at a kiosk but I refused and payment went through fine so glad I stood my ground now :) the boyfriend got his LOI on Friday night, we both got 2nd round approval 4 days earlier so hoping I hear back now soo too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rejected

Going by what happened to two of my friends, when you send the wire transfer via a kiosk in any AIB branch the kiosk adds 'KSK' to your ldn but because it goes over the character limit it gets rid of 3 of the ldn numbers pretty much rendering the payment moot. They both had to go to the AIB branch, get a letter and bank statement proving the payment was sent and then send scanned copies of those documents to the IEC. The lads in AIB also said this has happened to a good few people and there is nothing they can do about the kiosks messing up.

Thank you for this information. At least we know the cause of some of the payment problems! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

fc04 wrote: »
    Have you gone into aib to make sure your payment went through alright?
    Thats how i found out that our payment was messed up and the full ldn never went through:mad:.How did you pay?

I paid through a Canadian account like last year. Money definitely left my account. Called AIB but they don't give any information about payments received to another person's account.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Its terrible i dont think they realise that people have lives and plans just the lack of correspondance from them is a disgrace all we want is to know where we stand.
    exactly. its so frustrating......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

I paid through a Canadian account like last year. Money definitely left my account. Called AIB but they don't give any information about payments received to another person's account.

You should get someone at home to go into aib or ring the aib in grafton street and get them to trace it which is what i did tell them its very important,just so you know if the payment is in their account.

• Advertisement

Did they fax them to the iec or how did they send the scanned copies. I got my bank to email them the details of our payment, but i might do the same as your friends aswell.Did they get a rejection e-mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Did they fax them to the iec or how did they send the scanned copies. I got my bank to email them the details of our payment, but i might do the same as your friends aswell.Did they get a rejection e-mail?

Both my friends received the letter & statement in paper from the bank teller and then went home and scanned them into their computers and attached them in an email to the IEC (In the email the IEC sent about not receiving payment, they state you must email back proof of payment etc..). Anyway the following day one of the lads got an email saying his payment was found and has to wait 6 weeks for the LOI and the other one still hasn't heard anything back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jiminho

hey guys. Just got the aul payment email there. They've asked for a validated application form (like i expected) but i just opened that form with the details filled out and realised that i didn't save it when i validated last time around when i was initially sending out all the documents. Now my question is, does it matter if i validate it now and send it off? It wont be a different barcode or anything would it?

jc

jiminho wrote: »
    hey guys. Just got the aul payment email there. They've asked for a validated application form (like i expected) but i just opened that form with the details filled out and realised that i didn't save it when i validated last time around when i was initially sending out all the documents. Now my question is, does it matter if i validate it now and send it off? It wont be a different barcode or anything would it?

jc

Just our of curiosity, when did you get your email notice of receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Well my app is back in London now, keeping everything crossed for no hitches this time

Holiday booked home in June, and I intend to make the flight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

in the process of filling out the forms what a nightmare,regarding the question name of employer in canada im currently in canada and working away but it asks to attach offer of employment? i met this guy in a bar and he offered me the job, also the part about your current place of residence asks for you to show proof you are there legally im thinking of photocopying my visa permit in my passport and sending it off any help would be appreciated...its driving me to drink:D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I scanned my current work permit and put it in the application package just to be safe

Nowhere does it say you have to, and I'm sure lots of people who have been accepted didn't do it, but just didn't want to be fretting over anything

• Registered Users Posts: 6 earpul80

Hi everyone, So i'm currently in the second stage of the application thats after the payment etc, myself and my other half both received these emails today (see below) We have both loved abroad but have both been back for the last 5 years and a couple of months, can anyone clear this up for me; Is the rule on police certs anywhere u have lived for more than 6 months in the last 5 years, im pretty sure that was the rule when i applied in January but now they seem to be asking for Police certs from countries you have ever lived in for more than 6 months which is completely crazy, it also will slow up my this already very very slow application even more as I may have to get a cert from the UK and other half from Australia. This is already a slow process but this is getting annoying and putting me off the whole thing.

Has anyone else had this email or has everyone who has lived anywhere outside Ireland for more than 6 months since 18 yrs old got certs from all of these places.

We write concerning your application for a temporary work permit under the International Experience Program (IEC).

In order to continue processing your application, we require the document(s) indicated below either by mail, drop off box or email, as appropriate. Important note: Because we require additional documents to process your application, you no longer fall within the 8 weeks processing timeframe. The normal processing time for your application is 12 weeks and if there are entries on your police certificates or delays in receiving your police certificates or additional information, the processing times may go above 12 weeks.

Please quote your IEC tracking number, your CIC application number, your full name and your date of birth on all correspondence. Enquiries that do not provide this information may not be processed.

If you do not submit the requested documents or comply within the timeframe given, your application may be refused for non-compliance. No extensions will be given.

· Original UK Police Certificate, issued by the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) within 30 days, see http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx . If your certificate is showing something other than “No Trace”, you must provide personal explanation of event(s) leading to any notation indicated (e.g. charge/warning/reprimand/caution/conviction/non-conviction) plus Memorandum of Conviction obtainable from the court. Please consult our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp for more information on police certificates. Police certificates must have been issued within the past 6 months.

Please post to the address listed below.

Yours sincerely,

AB

Both my friends received the letter & statement in paper from the bank teller and then went home and scanned them into their computers and attached them in an email to the IEC (In the email the IEC sent about not receiving payment, they state you must email back proof of payment etc..). Anyway the following day one of the lads got an email saying his payment was found and has to wait 6 weeks for the LOI and the other one still hasn't heard anything back yet.
    Cheers for that, i may as well wait for the rejection e-mail then send off my proof i suppose.
    OHH the pain of this process:p

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

anyone been waiting over a month to get payment email or rejection, im stuck in limbo right now, usit wont help and I'm thinking my information is lost. Anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

anyone been waiting over a month to get payment email or rejection, im stuck in limbo right now, usit wont help and I'm thinking my information is lost. Anyone help?

Ye I know around 10 people in the same boat including myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sleepyhollows

Frustrating.com!! I paid my €105 on 6th of March and have heard didely squat since then....I don't necessarily think its a bad thing, if my payment wasn't received I would have heard from them by now, but it still so frustrating not knowing. Especially when there are people here who have paid later than me and many others, but yet still have received their LOI at this stage. The IEC just seem to have their own magical way of doing things!

Rant over.... for now!!

LOI at 2.08am!!! :-) just a little over the 8 weeks since I posted the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sleepyhollows

Good on ya!! I am Calgary bound too but I might be a few weeks behind you at this rate. I am up over 11 weeks in total now :confused:

Its very frustrating that they can't keep it within the 8 weeks, my boyfriend got his in 7 weeks tho! Good to hear a few more Irish heading there, we're prob not going until August but can start getting exited now :) hope you get it all done and dusted soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Ye I know around 10 people in the same boat including myself.
    thanks for reply Vuzuggu, its a joke, stress is cruel thought maybe they had lost my application. i just want to know whats happening, good or bad.

Good on ya!! I am Calgary bound too but I might be a few weeks behind you at this rate. I am up over 11 weeks in total now :confused:

Few heading to calgary so, heading there also if i ever hear back.10 weeks at the moment for us.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

How long is it since you were "passed on to 2nd phase / sent to IEC" or however they phrase it? My timeline looks like this:

Posted: 26th January
    Arrived in London: 31st January
    Acknowledgement of receipt: 23rd February
    Payment Request: 19th March
    Paid: 20th March
    2nd Phase: 26th March

Not sure how long before I get the medical and then LOI, hopefully it will be soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

The whole process is absolutely a sham. From taking so long to process the forms to rejecting people based on small clerical errors and sending the forms back. Like why don't they just contact the person if its a small error and change it. Why chant you pay by credit card instead of bank deposits where they lose the payment even though people used the correct reference number. I have been lucky so far not to encounter any of these problems but ive been waiting weeks for any details about my application.

They must have like one person working in the department that processes these forms. I dont think i have ever come across such a head wrecking application form in my life. I would make you not want to go to Canada!

jd83 wrote: »
    The whole process is absolutely a sham. From taking so long to process the forms to rejecting people based on small clerical errors and sending the forms back. Like why don't they just contact the person if its a small error and change it. Why chant you pay by credit card instead of bank deposits where they lose the payment even though people used the correct reference number. I have been lucky so far not to encounter any of these problems but ive been waiting weeks for any details about my application.

They must have like one person working in the department that processes these forms. I dont think i have ever come across such a head wrecking application form in my life. I would make you not want to go to Canada!

Add to that list their utter reluctance to communicate with applicants either via email correspondence or telephone leaving people entirely in the dark.

And you're dead right. The whole thing is a joke. Especially when your life is on hold indefinitely. They have no consideration. Had I known that the process was going to be this long and drawn out and stressful I would have not bothered at all.

After 5 weeks since the notice of receipt I'd like to know whether I've been accepted or rejected so I can move on with my life. If I am rejected for a second time I don't think I'll be bothered reapplying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Rejected wrote: »
    jd83 wrote: »

Add to that list their utter reluctance to communicate with applicants either via email correspondence or telephone leaving people entirely in the dark.

And you're dead right. The whole thing is a joke. Especially when your life is on hold indefinitely. They have no consideration. Had I known that the process was going to be this long and drawn out and stressful I would have not bothered at all.

After 5 weeks since the notice of receipt I'd like to know whether I've been accepted or rejected so I can move on with my life. If I am rejected for a second time I don't think I'll be bothered reapplying.

I'm guessing because it in essence a holiday visa they are not going to allocate a lot of resourses to it. I bet migration visas and PR applications get priority.

red menace wrote: »
    I'm guessing because it in essence a holiday visa they are not going to allocate a lot of resourses to it. I bet migration visas and PR applications get priority.

It's a working visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Its a visa were a person has decided to move to another country for a year of their life to work, pay tax and probably spend their pay in said country. Im not expecting the process to be quick and easy. But this is an absolute joke. Even the long wait would be fine if there was communication and assistance if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LisaC251

Hey all,

I am behind in the application process for Canada as I waited to see if I could get a job here first. Now that the lovely dream of staying is faded I am literally chasing my tale to leave!
    Did most people apply on their own or did you use USIT? The reason I ask is I want to figure out which way is quicker and less hassle to apply via.

Also, did you line up work beforehand or are you looking for it once you go out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Rejected wrote: »

It's a working visa.

No its not its a year long holiday visa where you can work to support your travel

Advertisement