Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Just looking through my app that was sent back, they had numbers wrote beside all of my work experience that seemed to correspond with how long I'd been working in my various jobs

wonder why they did that...
    They were probably trying to catch you out to see if you had made anything up. Got my bank to email them yesterday because aib messed up our payment also emailed them 10 times no reply. Id say they get some amount of stupid emails though pity because people that really need to hear back from dont get a reply because idiots are asking why they are waiting 3/4 weeks so on.
    Canada cant be this good.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Sent my app back yesterday via FedEx, let the wait commence once again!

Sent my app back yesterday via FedEx, let the wait commence once again!

Best of luck id say i wont be far behind you

fc04 wrote: »
    Best of luck id say i wont be far behind you

Fingers crossed the waiting times aren't as long this time

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Has anyone been rejected after their payment was accepted??

• Advertisement

Has anyone been rejected after their payment was accepted??

I've never heard of it happening to anyone before.But i guess it could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JamesA1984

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that someone has their application sent back after their work history was looked at which would suggest they were through to the second stage. This whole thing has me panicky, sure I filled it all in correct but everyday that passes and I don't get asked for payment I get a little more anxious!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JamesA1984

Top of this page in fact! Read this so many times a day I forget where I see it and when!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

I just got through round 2!

Sent App: Jan 28th
    1st email (began processing): Feb 23rd
    Payment Request: March 19th
    Paid: March 20th
    2nd round approval: March 26th

They send an email saying I got through the second round and that they will either send me my LOI or they will send back my application explaining why I didn't get it within the next 6 weeks! I better not be waiting another 6 weeks!!!:eek:

How long did it take for other people to get their LOI after passing the 2nd round?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

Just looking through my app that was sent back, they had numbers wrote beside all of my work experience that seemed to correspond with how long I'd been working in my various jobs

Hey Dazzler, at what stage was your app sent back? And for what reason?

Had your payment been accepted?

MeerKat17 wrote: »

They send an email saying I got through the second round and that they will either send me my LOI or they will send back my application explaining why I didn't get it within the next 6 weeks! I better not be waiting another 6 weeks!!!:eek:

How long did it take for other people to get their LOI after passing the 2nd round?
    we got our 2nd round approval on 2nd march, i got my LOI on 6th march but my hubby is still waiting.....

i paid 13th march heard nothing yet my payment is in their account but the full ldn never went through. Wish i was in your shoes.
    How long did it take people that got non payment e-mails to get them?

i paid 13th march heard nothing yet my payment is in their account but the full ldn never went through. Wish i was in your shoes.

I paid March 6th, still haven't heard anything...

I didn't even get the second round email after I paid, I just got an e-mail requesting payment and saying that after I had paid it would be passed on to the visa section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kss

I just got through second round

Sent Application: Jan 23rd
    1st email of receipt: Feb 22nd
    Payment Request: March 16th
    Paid through AIB online banking: March 19th

They send an email saying I got through the second round and that they will either send me my LOI or they will send back my application explaining why I didn't get it within the next 6 weeks! I better not be waiting another 6 weeks

we got our 2nd round approval on 2nd march, i got my LOI on 6th march but my hubby is still waiting.....

Oh no! It does say it could take 6 weeks so hopefully your hubby will hear something soon! when do you plan to leave?

That's so annoying! Did you email or call them to explain? Did they respond at all? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

That's so annoying! Did you email or call them to explain? Did they respond at all? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

The fact that there's no contact and that nobody is replying to e-mails is the worst part of it. It's all a guessing game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭mfield

Hi guys,

One of my mates was just wondering about the prospects of finding sponsorship for a skilled worker if he heads to Canada on a Holiday Visa and subsequently found permanent employment? What with the place booming over there it seems that this might not too bad an option but I'm just guessing and have no real idea if this might work.
    Any advise would great. Thanks in advance. :)

mfield wrote: »
    Hi guys,

One of my mates was just wondering about the prospects of finding sponsorship for a skilled worker if he heads to Canada on a Holiday Visa and subsequently found permanent employment? What with the place booming over there it seems that this might not too bad an option but I'm just guessing and have no real idea if this might work.
    Any advise would great. Thanks in advance. :)

If he has a trade then the prospects are good. Non-trade is much harder.

Had your payment been accepted?

no, I forgot to sign a form, was refused at first phase

They definitely take a close look at your work experience, they had numbers written beside all my work experience on the application form

You cant get through on the phone. Sent 6 emails for me and 6 for my gf also got aib to e-mail them to no avail two of us sent our payment online and aib screwed it up:mad:.Maybe no news is good news but i doubt it:(

I paid March 6th, still haven't heard anything...

Have you gone into aib to make sure your payment went through alright?
    Thats how i found out that our payment was messed up and the full ldn never went through:mad:.How did you pay?

You cant get through on the phone. Sent 6 emails for me and 6 for my gf also got aib to e-mail them to no avail two of us sent our payment online and aib screwed it up:mad:.Maybe no news is good news but i doubt it:(

I feel so bad for you, as if the process isn't frustrating enough without something like that happening!

Oh no! It does say it could take 6 weeks so hopefully your hubby will hear something soon! when do you plan to leave?
    flights are booked for May BUT ive to give 4 weeks notice in work, we're cutting it tight :(

flights are booked for May BUT ive to give 4 weeks notice in work, we're cutting it tight :(
    Its terrible i dont think they realise that people have lives and plans just the lack of correspondance from them is a disgrace all we want is to know where we stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rejected

Ahh, this whole thing is a big joke at this stage. I'm over a month now waiting since my (second) confirmation of receipt email. This whole payment thing is the next big worry. Too many payments have vanished into thin air resulting in rejection. And the lack of feedback from the embassy and being left hanging not knowing what is going on is the most frustrating part. I bet you'd be treated with more dignity if you entered the country as an illegal immigrant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Going by what happened to two of my friends, when you send the wire transfer via a kiosk in any AIB branch the kiosk adds 'KSK' to your ldn but because it goes over the character limit it gets rid of 3 of the ldn numbers pretty much rendering the payment moot. They both had to go to the AIB branch, get a letter and bank statement proving the payment was sent and then send scanned copies of those documents to the IEC. The lads in AIB also said this has happened to a good few people and there is nothing they can do about the kiosks messing up.

Advertisement