Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

No more food for me today. :(:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Gonna go for a walk on the beach after work then home to a yummy chicken salad. I adore the sun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Loving my new ipod touch, my old one got nicked from the car a few months ago.

Hating teaching my son to ride his bike without stabilisers, driving me insane, his useless. Anyone got any tips, he either leans from side to side and when he dose get it he forgets to steer and ends up in a bush :(

My eldest could ride her bike at 4, took her 3 days of cuts and scrapes and falls, she was determined, my guy in 7 in July and he still cant get it and is so scared of getting a boo boo.

The difference between siblings never ceases to amaze me.

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Ate a doughnut and had some 7up. Hope I won't need to
    run to the bathroom
    :o

Tried on a gorgeous dress in TK Maxx. It was purple and green with a really nice embellishment sort of thing under the bust and it was too small. If I lose a stone it would fit, so I was told. No more doughnuts for me. :(

Love jam doughnuts, my little guy has at least 3 a week. i have 1 every 2 or 3 weeks. I never thought i would lose the weight but i did, just one more stone to go and this one is the hardest.

Going for a 10k cycle tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Loving my new ipod touch, my old one got nicked from the car a few months ago.

Hating teaching my son to ride his bike without stabilisers, driving me insane, his useless. Anyone got any tips, he either leans from side to side and when he gets it he forgets to steer and ends up in a bush :(

My eldest could ride her bike at 4, took her 3 days of cuts and scrapes and falls, she was determined, my guy in 7 in July and he still cant get it and is so scared of getting a boo boo.

Try youtube, I’m sure there are some videos on how to teach your little boy? I head there anytime my nephew needs teaching (like tying his shoelaces) :)

• Advertisement

tatabubbly wrote: »
    La la la sillyily happy atm!
    had a fab afternoon with mammy at her house for a whil. then i came home and made some healthy food!! trying to get bikini ready!!

gots to pack tonight for heading away!!

Enjoy, i havent worn a bikini in 7 years, have hol coming up soon (6 weeks) hoping that i will be bikini ready but if not i have a tankini :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

krudler wrote: »
    where in Limerick are you looking to move?

Hopefully in or around the city. Both myself & the OH work in Limerick city and we haven't our own transport so somewhere with buses into the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

hoping that i will be bikini ready but if not i have a tankini :D

I really, really don't see the point in these. My sister-in-law wears them all the time. Why not just wear a swimsuit :confused:

Love jam doughnuts, my little guy has at least 3 a week. i have 1 every 2 or 3 weeks. I never thought i would lose the weight but i did, just one more stone to go and this one is the hardest.

Going for a 10k cycle tomorrow :D

I know I can lose it too, I lost nearly a stone and a half before and it's stayed off for the most part. I'm just finding it very hard to get off my arse and do something about it.

My tummy doesn't feel good. I'm not eating any more today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

No more food for me today. :(:o

nonsense woman....its 5 o clock!

wait nevermind...i just read your post above this! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Honey-ec wrote: »
    hoping that i will be bikini ready but if not i have a tankini :D

I really, really don't see the point in these. My sister-in-law wears them all the time. Why not just wear a swimsuit :confused:

tankinis are a comfier i think! i'm all big thighed but i don't give a damn. my belly is nearly flat so i'm gonna flaunt it!

nonsense woman....its 5 o clock!

wait nevermind...i just read your post above this! :o

Yeah.. I'm so hungry but I'm afraid to eat.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Hating teaching my son to ride his bike without stabilisers, driving me insane, his useless. Anyone got any tips, he either leans from side to side and when he dose get it he forgets to steer and ends up in a bush :(

The difference between siblings never ceases to amaze me.
    I didn’t like using my bicycle without stabilisers, it scared me, and in the end I just point blank refused to learn :D I was a quiet child but could be stubborn as a mule! I didn’t start cycling properly until I was about 8, when I made friends with a girl who cycled absolutely everywhere, and decided that I wanted to be able to cycle too. I just started cycling on my brother’s bike without telling anyone, my parents were quite surprised to see me cheerfully cycling down the road one day, not a bother on me!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Enjoy, i havent worn a bikini in 7 years, have hol coming up soon (6 weeks) hoping that i will be bikini ready but if not i have a tankini :D
    What's a tankini? :o

tatabubbly wrote: »
    tankinis are a comfier i think! i'm all big thighed but i don't give a damn. my belly is nearly flat so i'm gonna flaunt it!

But if your belly is flat then why not just wear a bikini???

Posy wrote: »
    What's a tankini? :o

A vest and bikini bottoms, basically. Like I said, I really don't see the point.

• Administrators Posts: 53,379 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Tankinis are just easier for the bathroom and whatnot. I wore them when I used to go on sun holidays (sniff), as my tummy is horrible :(

I left a lecture early to meet a friend from home who goes to the same college. I texted her and she took nearly an hour to reply, to tell me she wasn't in Dublin at all :mad: We arranged to meet up last Sunday and you're telling me this now?
    She's the flakiest person alive, it drives me insane.

In other news, staying off the chocolate didn't last long, may start again tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I used to wear tankini's cause you can roll them up for sunbathing your belly/back but roll them down when you needed to run to the bar and didn't want to be showing off the flab (in my case).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Such a lazy day today with the boyfriend.

Spent the day watching TV and surfing the internet.

Hope you feel better soon Jane.

Going home to my house soon for dinner, lasagne and chips again :D One of my fave meals.

Had Aspargus soup recently, was my first time trying it, hoping to make it at home myself, hopefully it won't be as salty as it was in the restaurant. :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Muffin. Sounds like you had a lovely relaxing day with your boyfriend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Lying in the garden drinking cider and hanging out with the lads. What more could you want? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Anyone heard from Squeakyduck since she said they were closing her school?

Some weather out there today, was a lovely drive home and it's so bright in the evenings now woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Got to creep on the boy while he was cutting the grass. :cool:

SarahBeep!, there's nothing better than perving on your bf. I think it's facinating watching mine shave for some reason. :o

Fishie wrote: »
    I didn’t like using my bicycle without stabilisers, it scared me, and in the end I just point blank refused to learn :D I was a quiet child but could be stubborn as a mule! I didn’t start cycling properly until I was about 8, when I made friends with a girl who cycled absolutely everywhere, and decided that I wanted to be able to cycle too. I just started cycling on my brother’s bike without telling anyone, my parents were quite surprised to see me cheerfully cycling down the road one day, not a bother on me!

I might have to wait till his ready, he has to get over his fear.... we live on a slope and its quite awkward so going to take him and the bike to some flatter ground at the weekend.

bubblefett wrote: »
    I used to wear tankini's cause you can roll them up for sunbathing your belly/back but roll them down when you needed to run to the bar and didn't want to be showing off the flab (in my case).

Me too!

Might try to get short bottoms that come up to my belly button and a bra like top I could get away with it now, will give an extra push for the next 6 weeks to try and tone up/ loose 6 pounds (that will bring me under 10 stone and may even fit in a size 12 bottoms )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I *love* doughnuts, but there just so bad between the sugar and the deep frying that I can't enjoy them if I eat them too often, so I have one about once a year! Had Spanish doughnuts with cinnamon sugar and dipping chocolate on Saturday in Pintxos in Dublin and they were DIVINE, that's my fill for the year :) We went to Odessa for brunch too, fab!
    Honey-ec wrote: »

I hate swimsuits, hate the high legs on them, just don't find them comfortable or flattering so I wear tankinis when I'm swimming here or something, bikinis abroad (when I'm a teeny bit browner and warmer!). And as mentioned they're much handier for going to the bathroom, and you can mix and match, and they're more flattering in general!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Yeah.. I'm so hungry but I'm afraid to eat.

awh no! hope you feel better my dear! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

bubblefett wrote: »
    Sorry about your boyfrined Lola, I hope it all works out- maybe to offer the landlord that you'll paint the entire house/say you hope it'll only be temporary (which I'm sure you do) so he doesn't think it'll be a permanent thing, anything to help him drop the rent.

Found out that now absolutely everywhere I've worked before has closed down/positions have become redundant.
    My CV looks like a CV of death.

Funny thing is the boss is the landloard :pac: Well sort of, he owns the building but we deal with the agent mostly who also works with my OH so I think he is getting let go too! He doesn't get very involved, leaves most of the admin to the managers and office staff, he does be out doing calls on sites most of the time!
    Anyone heard from Squeakyduck since she said they were closing her school?
    She's still active on fb anyway, think she was away for the weekend :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement