Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

merlie wrote: »
    My daughter has just left with her boyfriend. I cooked them a roast dinner, and although we chatted we didn't really talk. I have now gotten some mom and daughter time with her for tomorrow. She has told me that his mum said she could move in if she liked, I had asked her about it and she said no she didn't think she would. Tonight, it looks like shes been thinking about it and maybe moving out sometime to his family home.

I know she is making a life for herself and am happy about that but, I feel I am just getting fragments of her, like shes not really here and her mind is elsewhere. She took two jackets with her before she left.

I have not met his parents or been invitied to his family home yet. I don't mind as I can wait with that.

I supppose we all know it will happen eventually, but are never really ready when it does? If she seems happy then there is not a lot more you can ask for. Just being supportive of her will send the right message and she will know she can return/turn to you for help in the future. It's not easy but I guess it's just one of life's stages that creeps up and suddenly they are gone.:(:)

Sorry, don't know what happened to the quote system?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Daisies wrote: »
    I think I may apply for a lecturing position in Malawi :eek:
    That's so exciting! Which subject?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    That's so exciting! Which subject?

I'll PM you about it but it's in the area I studied in college. Don't want work to hear about it :o
    I've already emailed lecturers for references and I know a girl over there at the moment and she's going to mention me too. Exciting stuff

• Administrators Posts: 53,379 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

awec wrote: »
    If that's what you want to do then best of luck Daisies! Hope you get it! :)

I have two weeks to get my C.V in order and sort out references and a cover letter.

• Advertisement

I had some white wine to use up so I threw a load of stuff in a saucepan and accidentally made a really nice sauce. Now if I could only remember what I did...

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I should feel wrecked, only had three hours sleep last night, but I kinda feel in between being awake and being kinda tired - feels really weird.

Feeling kinda left out of the loop atm, and I'm not liking it tbh. I find that people just don't think about other anymore, only themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I should feel wrecked, only had three hours sleep last night, but I kinda feel in between being awake and being kinda tired - feels really weird.

Feeling kinda left out of the loop atm, and I'm not liking it tbh. I find that people just don't think about other anymore, only themselves.

I should be more tired than I am too, waiting for it to hit me!

I feel the same way too at the moment, a lot of people seem to. The world's population must be having a very self centred few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Häagen-Dazs chocolate, pralines and caramel. Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Häagen-Dazs chocolate, pralines and caramel. Yum.

I've Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Coconutterly Fair in the freezer, you just reminded me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Ben and Jerrys 'Oh my apple pie' is really good. I was surprised at how much I liked it as I was turning my nose up at it and looking for Phish Food when my boyfriend originally came home with it.
    Am dreading bed time, new neighbours are soooo noisy at night. Woke to the sound of them fighting in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. I was like a zombie this morning and ended up going to work with odd shoes on!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I know for definite tonight, I love him :)

That's really sweet Sarah. :D
    Does anyone else hate the music that those Ice Cream vans play, or am I alone?

For some reason my dog howls every time the ice cream van drives by, he hates it!

grindlewald fair play to you, you look great. You can definitely definitely see a difference, well done! :D

I filled out an application to go back to college in September... I don't know if I should post it or not. I don't know if I'll get a grant and even if I do I don't know if that's enough for me to live on etc. I think I need to do some research to see if there's anything else I would be entitled to seeing as I'm technically a mature student at this stage.

Myself and the brother put a bet on earlier for €2.50 each. We need United to get another goal and we'll get around €60. We had United -1, Maritimo (won), Sevilla (winning), Sporting Braga (winning) and Rooney to score at any time which he did. Come on United, it's not like you're not getting chances!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Oh lads, ye're killing me with the ice cream talk! I'm trying to stay away from chocolate (and most other bad things) and, no matter how much healthy food I eat, I'm just not satisfied.

To make things worse, the campus shop has tonnes of Ben & Jerry's on sale :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

so i was making a wrap at 8 and stuffing my face when a really really hot guy appeared at my door!

i nearly drooled turns out he knows my housemate and got chatting to him for a while then 2 other people turned up....one i knew the other i didnt

my housemate turned up after half an hour

it was so strange hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Roesy wrote: »
    Ben and Jerrys 'Oh my apple pie' is really good. I was surprised at how much I liked it as I was turning my nose up at it and looking for Phish Food when my boyfriend originally came home with it.
    Am dreading bed time, new neighbours are soooo noisy at night. Woke to the sound of them fighting in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. I was like a zombie this morning and ended up going to work with odd
    shoes on!
    You should try complaining to them if it continues IMO.

I really hate inconsiderate neighbours.
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I filled out an application to go back to college in September... I don't know if I should post it or not. I don't know if I'll get a grant and even if I do I don't know if that's enough for me to live on etc. I think I need to do some research to see if there's anything else I would be entitled to seeing as I'm technically a mature student at this stage.
    Fingers crossed for you Jane.

What are you hoping to study?

Boyfriend and I walked back to his house from mine, was a nice walk and it's not too cold out either.

Film later I hope, currently he is watching The Savage Eye which is shíte IMO. Seriously unfunny.

Thanks Muffin. Hoping I can go back and study Veterinary Practice Management. Well if I can afford it. It's a one year add-on to my previous Vet Nursing course. Hopefully it'll all work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

There's definitely something in the water...

Today my friend and I were walking to Stephen's Green from college down Grafton Street and she was being weird and I had no idea why. So she dragged me into the Shopping Centre when we were there and took me into the perfume shop and then said this guy had been following us the whole way down Grafton Street and had been standing as close to as is physically possible without touching and staring at me, but she was too afraid to say anything to me when he was there because she genuinely thought he'd do something.

So we stayed in the shopping centre for a little while just to be on the safe side and we then went into the Green to have lunch. We were sitting for the guts of an hour I'd say, justfacing each other and chatting, when this guy sat behind my friend and was staring straight at me. Like he made absolutely no attempt to hide the fact that he was there on his own and staring/listening to what we were saying. This lasted for about five minutes or so and I was getting increasingly uncomfortable, I could see him right behind her and he kept licking his lips. My friend could tell there was something wrong and was like "oh we should go back to college!" and when we got up she turned around to see and she was freaking out because it was the same guy who followed us down Grafton Street :/ But when she turned to look he was getting up and he walked off in the other direction. My skin was crawling for ages afterwards! I haven't been that creeped out in a long time, I kept thinking on the way back to college I'd turn around and he'd be there.

In slighter better news, I've started reading A Game of Thrones and I love it so far. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Today my friend and I were walking to Stephen's Green from college down Grafton Street and she was being weird and I had no idea why. So she dragged me into the Shopping Centre when we were there and took me into the perfume shop and then said this guy had been following us the whole way down Grafton Street and had been standing as close to as is physically possible without touching and staring at me, but she was too afraid to say anything to me when he was there because she genuinely thought he'd do something.

So we stayed in the shopping centre for a little while just to be on the safe side and we then went into the Green to have lunch. We were sitting for the guts of an hour I'd say, justfacing each other and chatting, when this guy sat behind my friend and was staring straight at me. Like he made absolutely no attempt to hide the fact that he was there on his own and staring/listening to what we were saying. This lasted for about five minutes or so and I was getting increasingly uncomfortable, I could see him right behind her and he kept licking his lips. My friend could tell there was something wrong and was like "oh we should go back to college!" and when we got up she turned around to see and she was freaking out because it was the same guy who followed us down Grafton Street :/ But when she turned to look he was getting up and he walked off in the other direction. My skin was crawling for ages afterwards! I haven't been that creeped out in a long time, I kept thinking on the way back to college I'd turn around and he'd be there.

:eek: that sounds so scary!
    what a creep...are ya ok?!
    I would have been bricking it and then try muster up the courage to say wouldja ever fcuk off and stop following me... :P

SEND IT!!! im sure you could always defer it a year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Roesy wrote: »
    Am dreading bed time, new neighbours are soooo noisy at night. Woke to the sound of them fighting in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. I was like a zombie this morning and ended up going to work with odd shoes on!

I feel your pain. My neighbors love their screaming rows at insane times. Usually it's first thing in the morning, and then when they get in on the weekend at 2.a.m or whatever.

Their kitchen is against my bedroom too, so when they go cooking at all hours and slamming drawers it echoes all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Went to see the Hunger Games! I was a bit disappointed but I think anyone who read the books beforehand would have been as well.

Thinking of signing up for a DL course but I'm skeptical at the same time! Fun decisions ahead.

• Advertisement

SEND IT!!! im sure you could always defer it a year! :)

That's true.. Hopefully I'll get in and it'll be useful for future employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

great pisstake of the rose of tralee on the savage eye this week:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Some times I hate facebook, just saw a pic of my ex and now I cant stop thinking about him, grrrrrrrr
    Wouldnt mind but I amnt friends with him or any of his friends, he just came up in random pics from a page I liked, must click unlike for that page!

It's so difficult to get anywhere in this country. I need to get to the Mullingar Park Hotel at the end of May for the IVNA Annual Congress. Need to be there for 8am to register and I looked at the trains and the first one isn't until 8.50 and I'd have to change twice and it would take around 4 hours to get there. Hmmm. What to do now.

It's so difficult to get anywhere in this country. I need to get to the Mullingar Park Hotel at the end of May for the IVNA Annual Congress. Need to be there for 8am to register and I looked at the trains and the first one isn't until 8.50 and I'd have to change twice and it would take around 4 hours to get there. Hmmm. What to do now.

buy a car :pac:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Go down the night before?

That's so creepy Almostnever, I hope you're okay! That would make me paranoid all day.

Was he Irish? Only asking because in some countries it's not considered rude/odd to stare like that.

krudler wrote: »
    buy a car :pac:

Can't drive. :pac:
    Go down the night before?

I was thinking about that but don't think I can afford to stay really, it's €95 for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Can't drive. :pac:

I was thinking about that but don't think I can afford to stay really, it's €95 for the night.

Is there a B&B nearby you can stay in?

• Advertisement

In slighter better news, I've started reading A Game of Thrones and I love it so far. :)

what a freak!

enjoy the book, have you watched the series? you should its a great adaptation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement