Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I still have 500 words to write but eff this, I'm going home now. Will finish it later when the baba is in bed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Had the best weekend ever, family were home from Chicago so spent Thursday to Sunday doing family/touristy/drinking things, and it was great :) The only thing that ruined it was having to leave last night to go work a night shift, then sleep away this gorgeous day!!!

Still, nothing a Subway cookie and Ugly Betty in bed can't fix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Had one yesterday in kilkee, my little man messed his it dripped everywhere :( this weather has put me in great form.....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Well done you! You can really see the difference between before and after. You're looking very well!

I really want some ice-cream now after all the talk. I think this thread might be slowly getting taken over by ice-cream instead of cake, oh well, it is the weather for ice-cream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this littlewoods table and chair saga is hilarious, for anyone who doesnt have ranting&raving forum access, the basic story is this, the littlewoods.ie site had a dining table and chair set thats normally 819 euro accidentally priced at 21 euro, cue a load of people ordering chancing their arm, littlewoods realised it was an error and told people as such, now theres hilarity on both the littlewoods facebook page and a group set up by a bunch of self entitled eejits thinking they have a legal right to their tables, its brilliant reading:

https://www.facebook.com/LittlewoodsIreland?sk=wall&filter=1e

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212799178821685/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

krudler wrote: »
    this littlewoods table and chair saga is hilarious, for anyone who doesnt have ranting&raving forum access, the basic story is this, the littlewoods.ie site had a dining table and chair set thats normally 819 euro accidentally priced at 21 euro, cue a load of people ordering chancing their arm, littlewoods realised it was an error and told people as such, now theres hilarity on both the littlewoods facebook page and a group set up by a bunch of self entitled eejits thinking they have a legal right to their tables, its brilliant reading:

https://www.facebook.com/LittlewoodsIreland?sk=wall&filter=1e

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212799178821685/

Threatening the small claims court? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Hundreds and Thousands always make me laugh.
    When I was a kid me, my sister and my mom went into the shops to buy them and we couldn't find any so my mom went to ask one of the young lads stocking the shelves. Only my ever so innocent mother couldn't remember their name and so just asked like this:
    "Hi, do you have colouredy balls?"
    The guy went white! :eek::o

Became one of those stories my family always retell when we get together

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Another fab day in Galway today. However I somehow managed to get sunburned............................ in Ireland............................... in MARCH!

Wish I could call in sick for the rest of the week

bubblefett wrote: »
    The icecream van that drives past my house blares out trance music :p
    He turns on "pop goes the weasel" when he gets around the corner, think my streets just on his route to work :D

Years ago I was visiting the west midlands I was in kingswinford walking down the street and I had tight jeans on, I was 15 and skinny, any way the Ice cream truck passed me and put in his music just for me, he leant out if the window as he passed waved and whistled.

I felt so good about myself, the amounts of wolf whistles I got on that stretch or road was mind boggling. Never got that response in Ireland, must just be the English

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i really really really wanna be out in the sun having ice cream or something

but i got a really really angry email off my thesis moderator this morning so it was research indoors all day followed by home time....inside...doing work!

bítch!

Daisies wrote: »
    Another fab day in Galway today. However I somehow managed to get sunburned............................ in Ireland............................... in MARCH!

Wish I could call in sick for the rest of the week

Must whip out the sun lotion, kids ate going to school in shorts.

Hope the sunburn isn't too bad....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Must whip out the sun lotion, kids ate going to school in shorts.

Hope the sunburn isn't too bad....

I am very pink in areas. :o No-ones fault but my own, spent 5 hours out at the beach reading and just lounging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

i really really really wanna be out in the sun having ice cream or something

but i got a really really angry email off my thesis moderator this morning so it was research indoors all day followed by home time....inside...doing work!

bítch!

I feel your pain. I skipped three lectures today, but only because I have two essays to do this week. No sunshine and frolics for us :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    It's actually easy enough to get burnt in Ireland, and especially at the coast.

You never think of putting suncream on here, and then when you're on the beach the breeze means you don't realise just how warm it is.

There are many times I've went out to play golf and when I've got in my face and arms are burnt!

Luckily my moisturiser has spf in it so no red face TG.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You never think of putting suncream on here, and then when you're on the beach the breeze means you don't realise just how warm it is.

There are many times I've went out to play golf and when I've got in my face and arms are burnt!

Yep. The week before I went to Spain, it was fairly hot here. My Mam went for a walk in Salthill for a couple of hours and got a class tan out of it. I was still whiter than her when I got back from Spain. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

22 degrees in kilkee, was fab :)

off there again next weekend, weather permitting.

God I love that place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

+1 to this.

Last year myself and my boyfriend went to the beach and on the way there we went into Penneys specifically to buy suncream, so we got the sun cream and headed off to the beach, when we got to the beach we forgot to put on the sun cream.

His face, my face, his shoulders and back, my shoulders, arms, top/bottom of back, feet etc all got burnt. Was so sore for about a week afterwards.

Funnily enough, the sun cream is still in my bedroom unopened..... :o

Dinner almost done, lasagne and chips. Off to peel the spuds now, hopefully I can persuade Mr. Muffin to peel them and I'll chop 'em :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I never understand how people live all their lives in Ireland and never get used to the concept of putting on suncream despite getting scalded every time we've the first fine few days of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

EmilyO wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I skipped three lectures today, but only because I have two essays to do this week. No sunshine and frolics for us :(

sad times indeed!! :(
    also have a crap load of other essays to try get through!

totally agree!! plus the fact im a red head....im suprised i dont get sun burnt in winter!!

:p

Daisies wrote: »
    I am very pink in areas. :o No-ones fault but my own, spent 5 hours out at the beach reading and just lounging

I didnt even think of suncream, thankfully non of us got burned, i do have a light tan though....

Was out from 3pm to 6pm, nice breaze, the kids were in and out of the water they had a great time, i wasnt expecting them to go in the water so i didnt bring swim gear. They went in, in their shorts (girls) and boxers (boys) i did have 2 towels in the car and a change of clothes for the boys JUST in case they got wet, (they always get something wet) however they got soaked....

Going for a 9k walk tomorrow. I'm going nice and early so it wont be too hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Forgot to say in my previous post, myself and the boyfriend went to the shop for two ice creams, he got a Supersplit for 95 cents (75cents last time I bought one) and I got a Smartie push up ice cream (this http://www.maltasupermarket.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/8/4/8410348006671.jpg ) and it was €1.80 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Didn't realise how expensive they were until we got to the till.

Forgot to say in my previous post, myself and the boyfriend went to the shop for two ice creams, he got a Supersplit for 95 cents (75cents last time I bought one) and I got a Smartie push up ice cream (this http://www.maltasupermarket.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/8/4/8410348006671.jpg ) and it was €1.80 :eek: :eek: :eek:

When we were in france (cote du azur) they were 3.50 each. In monaco they were 2.00 each.

I'll never complain about the price of irish ice creams again, i do tend to buy multipacks as there are 5 of us now and it works out cheaper. I no longer ask the kids what they want, i just say 'here you go'.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Yeah single ice-creams are a crazy price. I'm finishing off some vanilla Haagen-Dazs, my sinuses are going to be in bits tomorrow but for once I don't care! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A Magnum Almond is €2.20 in Centra.

I think I may apply for a lecturing position in Malawi :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

My daughter has just left with her boyfriend. I cooked them a roast dinner, and although we chatted we didn't really talk. I have now gotten some mom and daughter time with her for tomorrow. She has told me that his mum said she could move in if she liked, I had asked her about it and she said no she didn't think she would. Tonight, it looks like shes been thinking about it and maybe moving out sometime to his family home.

I know she is making a life for herself and am happy about that but, I feel I am just getting fragments of her, like shes not really here and her mind is elsewhere. She took two jackets with her before she left.

I have not met his parents or been invitied to his family home yet. I don't mind as I can wait with that.

I just wish I could feel really happy all round. I am still trying to get used to this and find myself crying when she leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My wedding dress has been shipped already from China! Don't know if that's a good or bad sign :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Dolorous wrote: »
    My wedding dress has been shipped already from China! Don't know if that's a good or bad sign :pac:

Yay!! You *must* let me know how it turns out! :) I tried on the dress again today, in front of a group of other brides/bridesmaids (busy shop with 3 brides at a time, so much fun, and honest strangers!), the main comment I heard from one was "Jaysus, look at the figure on her", and various nods of approval and other nice things, yay :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement