Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ghandee wrote: »
    I did?

Where?
    maybe you should go up and consult with the PSNI?

There?

Glad to provide you with the PNSI's infomed position on responsibility.
    and while we're at it - the same chancers murdered Robert McCartney, and then closed ranks. Nice people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Nah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

donalg1 wrote: »
    Go to bed now son, seriously:rolleyes:

You must be in bed if you are dreaming about trying to convince anyone bout that robbery[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to convince anyone, about anything.

An allegation was made by Francie lad that 'Sinn Fein robbed the Northern Bank'

I tried to convince no one either way, I repeatedly asked for a link to where he got his information, (solid information, with a conviction somewhere at least?)

He, You, nor anyone else could give me one.

Case dismissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is it my imagination or are RTE Television and Radio promoting the payment of this Tax by basically advertising the matter on every radio programme and news programme?

Is the Government leaning on them I wonder, taking into account the complaints to RTE of late regarding bias towards other parties other than Government parties?

It stinks - the whole lot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

What about people who through no fault of their own cant pay it. Does a blanket 100 euro per household charge indicate that the government are in touch or aware of the growing number of people st.vincent de paul describe as being in poverty?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭CajunOnTour

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Nah!

Best post today - not as ironic as mine. When should I start to feel a little queasy?

I tried to convince no one either way, I repeatedly asked for a link to where he got his information, (solid information, with a conviction somewhere at least?)

Case dismissed.

As previously mentioned - you must be disgusted at the claims levelled against Seanie et al, what with no conviction to point to? Terrible the rumours put about.

We all know the IRA stole that money - 'they haven't gone away you know'. Don't make yourself look a bigger idiot than necessary.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or are RTE Television and Radio promoting the payment of this Tax by basically advertising the matter on every radio programme and news programme?

Is ignorance of the subject the best strategy for the no camp then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Is the Government leaning on them I wonder, taking into account the complaints to RTE of late regarding bias towards other parties other than Government parties?

It stinks - the whole lot of it.

They dont have to lean on them, they are government supported, and do what they are told.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭CajunOnTour

Is the Government leaning on them I wonder

Nah! Of course not, this is a free country. Not like Russia, where the State media dances to the Kremlin's beat.

It just looks like that here :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Go to bed now son, seriously:rolleyes:

You must be in bed if you are dreaming about trying to convince anyone bout that robbery

I'm not trying to convince anyone, about anything.

An allegation was made by Francie lad that 'Sinn Fein robbed the Northern Bank'

Case dismissed.[/Quote]

He did provide you with the link you asked for though you just chose to ignore it

robbie7730 wrote: »
    They dont have to lean on them, they are government supported, and do what they are told.

They're not government supported. They're state supported - different thing altogether.

alastair wrote: »
    There?

and while we're at it - the same chancers murdered Robert McCartney, and then closed ranks. Nice people.

So, me telling Francie lad to 'go consult' with the PSNI, in your head = me
    wanting to ask the PSNI?

Did I not see you acting as the grammar nazi earlier?

I suppose I shouldnt be surprised really, reading what you want to read.

Epic failure on all the blueshirts here, constant demand from them to produce links, for the most part, they get produced by the no camp.

They on the other hand, either ignore your request, or side step the issue completely.

It reflects badly on the party, and on the yes campaign tbh.

Is ignorance of the subject the best strategy for the no camp then?

How has someones view that rte are promoting this tax, have anything to do with peoples knowlege of the tax?

wanting to ask the PSNI?

Sending someone to consult with a body, isn't suggesting they ask them the story? Don't know how you'd interpret that otherwise.

But then you're trying to deny the Ra are thieving, murdering scumbags. I can't say much of your line makes sense.

There?

wanting to ask the PSNI?

Epic failure on all the blueshirts here, constant demand from them to produce links, for the most part, they get produced by the no camp.

They on the other hand, either ignore your request, or side step the issue completely.

It reflects badly on the party, and on the yes campaign tbh.

I asked the no campaign to provide me with a link stating the household charge will be €500 plus next year as this is what they are telling everyone. Still waiting for this link too.

He did provide you with the link you asked for though you just chose to ignore it

I didnt ask for a link from the BBC (impartial:rolleyes:) news site, that the PSNI (even more impartial in the 6 counties) 'think' they know who robbed it.

Where is this link that proved anyone (sinn Fein, the IRA, the golden girls for Christs sake) robbed the northern bank?

Thats all I'm asking for?

I'll be the first man here to say 'fair enough' when that evidence is produced.

Until then, I'll resign it to the BS bin.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    How has someones view that rte are promoting this tax, have anything to do with peoples knowlege of the tax?

The proposition was they were 'advertising the matter'. The 'promotion of the tax' is the product of a warped perspective - which is why I ask about preferring ignorance. Do try to pay attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

I asked the no campaign to provide me with a link stating the household charge will be €500 plus next year as this is what they are telling everyone. Still waiting for this link too.

Have you proof that it won't be €500 next year?

I didnt ask for a link from the BBC (impartial:rolleyes:) news site, that the PSNI (even more impartial in the 6 counties) 'think' they know who robbed it.

Where is this link that proved anyone (sinn Fein, the IRA, the golden girls for Christs sake) robbed the northern bank?

So - you're agreed that Seanie is being terribly tarnished by all that nasty cheap gossip, right?

• Advertisement

We all know the IRA stole that money - 'they haven't gone away you know'.

Who's "we"?

(I think is the second time today I've had to ask you that).

Any actual evidence (the RUCs politically motivated opinions are not evidence)

But I seriously hope they did do it 'cos it would demonstrate a distinctly morally superior attitude to the banks than the current illegitimate Regime's.
    Don't make yourself look a bigger idiot than necessary.
    Pot, kettle etcetera :cool:

You asked him to consult with the psni and he provided you with a link outlining their position. Nuff said really.

It's complete BS to deny SF or the IRA didn't have some involvement in it. Don't think even Gerry Adams would try deny that one

The_Thing wrote: »

Have you proof that it won't be €500 next year?

Stupid question

Sending someone to consult with a body, isn't suggesting they ask them the story? .

No, Francie claimed to know who was guilty of a very serious robbery that happened in 2004 (I think)

I suggested he head up north and consult, ie, tell the psni what he knew.

Is that so hard for you to comprehend? Seriously?

They're not government supported. They're state supported - different thing altogether.

Ok equity boy.

But then you're trying to deny the Ra are thieving, murdering scumbags.

Takes one to know one, eh? :D

So - you're agreed that Seanie is being terribly tarnished by all that nasty cheap gossip, right?

Trawl through 6000 odd posts on this thread, and point out where I voiced an opinion on that man either way.

Either way.

No, Francie claimed to know who was guilty of a very serious robbery that happened in 2004 (I think)

I suggested he head up north and consult, ie, tell the psni what he knew.

Is that so hard for you to comprehend? Seriously?

It is when you can't formulate your words - that would be 'consult for', not 'consult with'.

:o

It is when you can't formulate your words - that would be 'consult for', not 'consult with'.

:o

Is that your final analysis?

• Advertisement

Trawl through 6000 odd posts on this thread, and point out where I voiced an opinion on that man either way.

Either way.

But your stance in relation to convictions as providing the only source of evidence in a question of responsibility would make very clear your position on Seanie. You don't need to say another word!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement