Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Kohl

M442 wrote: »
    Hey I have a face-to-face interview next week? Does anyone have any tips?
    I'm also kind of worried because of all the bad stuff I've read on the internet!!! Anyone have any advice? It would be appreciated!

I think on the application form it gives some advice as to how to prepare for the interview. You got an interview? :D I didn't hear anything back from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

Hey I have a face-to-face interview next week? Does anyone have any tips?
    I'm also kind of worried because of all the bad stuff I've read on the internet!!! Anyone have any advice? It would be appreciated!
    Hey is your interview in Ireland? just wondering coz I haven't heard anything yet either but got an email saying I'd have an interview soon. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭M442

Katy_B wrote: »
    Hey is your interview in Ireland? just wondering coz I haven't heard anything yet either but got an email saying I'd have an interview soon. thanks
    Hi, yeah interview is in Ireland. I got an e-mail with the date a week after the e-mail telling me I would have an interview soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mishmish1

Is your interview in Dublin? I'm wondering too, coz have heard nothing about interviews either and was given impression that I would!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 RWNS

I have an interview next week too!! Looking forward to it, have mates over there and they love it so fingers crossed I get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Alia89

So from what I've gathered, the face to face interviews are for Ireland/Dublin applicants. I'm only hoping they offer the face to face interviews for London based applicants such as myself. If anyone from London has applied please let me know if a face to face interview has been offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭M442

Mishmish1 wrote: »
    Is your interview in Dublin? I'm wondering too, coz have heard nothing about interviews either and was given impression that I would!
    Hey, no my interview is in Limerick, Good Luck!!!

Yep, mine is in limerick too.. Have not heard of any Dublin interviews..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JezZCaa...X

My interview is in Limerick too this Wednesday!! Very nervous!

My interview is in Limerick too this Wednesday!! Very nervous!

Mines not till Thursday.. What are hoping to teach over there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Kohl

Hey, no my interview is in Limerick, Good Luck!!!

Interesting.

So its just Limerick so far then. Good luck with interviews. Let us know how u get on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 newgrad2012

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how soon after the face to face interview you are given a contract (presuming you are successful) and how long you have to sign it?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 afordy

I have an interview on Monday in Limerick. I have already gotten a contract but not sure how long you get until you have to sign it!

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how soon after the face to face interview you are given a contract (presuming you are successful) and how long you have to sign it?

Thanks!

As far as I'm aware they offer it to you there and then.. That's what happened with a few of my mates last year.

Yeah - that's what I think happens but i'm not 100% sure I want to take it so just wondering how long they will give you to think about it. Surely deciding on the spot is a bit much? Although, I don't want to leave it too late and miss out on the opportunity!

Also, when they offer it to you do they tell you where you will be placed or do you sign the contract first and then have them tell you after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Aqib Shaikh

Alright People!

I applied for Sabis a while back in December and I had my telephone interview in January. I'm looking out for a face to face interview in London. I've applied for a post in Dubai, I think. Is anybody else in the same boat? I've been checking up on Twitter and Facebook and there are face to face interviews this week in Ireland but heard nothing about London.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Alia89

Alright People!

I applied for Sabis a while back in December and I had my telephone interview in January. I'm looking out for a face to face interview in London. I've applied for a post in Dubai, I think. Is anybody else in the same boat? I've been checking up on Twitter and Facebook and there are face to face interviews this week in Ireland but heard nothing about London.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I'm in the same position, I got really anxious so emailed my recruiter and he's said that they havnt set the dates for UK applicants yet. So I guess all we London based applicants can do is wait really. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Aqib Shaikh

Alia89 wrote: »
    Alright People!

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I'm in the same position, I got really anxious so emailed my recruiter and he's said that they havnt set the dates for UK applicants yet. So I guess all we London based applicants can do is wait really. Fingers crossed.

Hi,

I've been emailing my recruiter constantly since the telephone interview to find out but nothing as yet, if I do I hear anything I'll let you know on here and good luck!

Yeah - that's what I think happens but i'm not 100% sure I want to take it so just wondering how long they will give you to think about it. Surely deciding on the spot is a bit much? Although, I don't want to leave it too late and miss out on the opportunity!

Also, when they offer it to you do they tell you where you will be placed or do you sign the contract first and then have them tell you after?

I suppose that's why they forward you the contract prior to the interview so you can contemplate and make a decision beforehand.

Also, Ive heard that they ask you where you would like to be placed but pending on availability you might not get where you want.. Ie. Dubai, Abu daubi are most sought.

Best of luck in interview!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if they tell you at the interview where they will be placing you? If not and you sign the contract, how long do you have to wait until you find out where your going?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Siobh78

Hi all!

I have an interview in Limerick on Thursday aswel, kinda anxious about what yo expect!!

It'd be great if the people who have their interviews early in the week could post a little about the experience!

Best of luck to everyone with their interviews!

Thanks! 

RWNS wrote: »
    I suppose that's why they forward you the contract prior to the interview so you can contemplate and make a decision beforehand.

Also, Ive heard that they ask you where you would like to be placed but pending on availability you might not get where you want.. Ie. Dubai, Abu daubi are most sought.

Best of luck in interview!

Yeah I guess that makes sense. Interview tomorrow so I guess I will find out everything then. How did yours go? Any tips?!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyLorr20

Yeah I guess that makes sense. Interview tomorrow so I guess I will find out everything then. How did yours go? Any tips?![/Quote]

I've mine too! Limerick yeah? Nervous times... Haha

LadyLorr20 wrote: »
    Yeah I guess that makes sense. Interview tomorrow so I guess I will find out everything then. How did yours go? Any tips?!

I've mine too! Limerick yeah? Nervous times... Haha[/QUOTE]

Yup. Just doing some prep work now. I'm sure it will be fine though. Best of luck! Would love to hear how everyone gets on!

Yeah I guess that makes sense. Interview tomorrow so I guess I will find out everything then. How did yours go? Any tips?![/Quote]

Hey, hope interview went well, mines not till Thursday so any tips your way would be brill!

Yeah the interview was actually grand. Absolutely no need to be nervous or anxious! Its in a group setting and he will just ask you the standard questions about college, why you want to do this etc. Also make sure you read some of the literature they have sent out - the general guidelines on the website as he might ask about the points system etc but no need to be learning anything off!

Have a look into where exactly you would like to be placed as you will be given the option to discuss this at the end of the interview. You are given the option to sign the contract straight away but if you need some time to think about it then there is absolutely no pressure to do so and you can sleep on it. Its a big decision so you might want to have another think about it if you are having any doubts!

Best of luck with it. Would love to hear how ye all get on and where everyone is jetting off to!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bluebee

Hi guys,

I was just wondering has everyone going for an interview sent on a video cv? I've a face to face interview next Tuesday and I'm undecided about doing one, a bit nervous about it for some reason!

Also I'm thinking about asking to be placed in Sharjah, anyone any experience there? Or Muscat?

Cheers!

Had my interview today! It is quite informal so no need 2 be nervous! Just think about where you want to go first as this will be one of the questions you'll be asked! I got offered my first choice which is Abu Dhabi today and accepted :-) Good luck to all of you with interviews :-)

• Advertisement

Hi so is it all a group interview or do they take people in seperately then too? how long does the interview last? mine is at 8.30 in the morning.thanks :)

Advertisement