Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I use Tasker for stuff like that but theres others like EasyProfiles and similar programs you can set that kinda stuff in

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I found tasker horribly complicated to set up stuff like that. If I remember there was a simple app that did just and only this. Turned on and off wifi depending on location..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

You could also try this one;

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.latedroid.juicedefender&hl=en

I use it and it definitely works, saves loads on my battery.

Thanks Yeah I have used juice defender in the past but not so much lately. The thing with all of these I find if that if you want to deviate from the norm it goes haywire. So if it is doing the battery manger and you've elected to turn the data on only periodically - trying to get it on when it thinks it should be off is a total pain. Maybe I'm just not managing it properly but I ended up switching it off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Zascar wrote: »
    Thanks Yeah I have used juice defender in the past but not so much lately. The thing with all of these I find if that if you want to deviate from the norm it goes haywire. So if it is doing the battery manger and you've elected to turn the data on only periodically - trying to get it on when it thinks it should be off is a total pain. Maybe I'm just not managing it properly but I ended up switching it off...

I have found the same mate, it just does not work consistently well. Data will not turn on sometimes when it should be on, WiFi the same....sometimes you need to reboot to fix it and this uses up probably as much battery life as one has saved.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was a big user of juice defender to save battery, but it got on my nerves, specifically it was taking ages to activate my mobile network when I turned screen on. In the end I chucked it, got a new ROM (without HTC Sense) and battery life still seems really good...

Unfortunately I have a sensation and (to the best of my knowledge) I cannot get a new rom on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Unfortunately I have a sensation and (to the best of my knowledge) I cannot get a new rom on it..

Bootloader unlock available from HTC here
    Silly amount of ROMS available here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Bootloader unlock available from HTC here
    Silly amount of ROMS available here

Try the Virtuous Inquisition ROM. It's completely stable, looks fantastic and has excellent battery life.

• Advertisement

Try the Virtuous Inquisition ROM. It's completely stable, looks fantastic and has excellent battery life.

I use this, it's AOSP and lovely... The battery life is class on it...

dulpit wrote: »
    I use this, it's AOSP and lovely... The battery life is class on it...

Actually, 1 thing. Bluetooth seems a bit buggy for me, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Just something to be aware of...

dulpit wrote: »
    Actually, 1 thing. Bluetooth seems a bit buggy for me, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Just something to be aware of...

Haven't had an issue with Bluetooth. Navigation went a bit ape on an earlier version but seems fine on 4.0.

Is there a Galaxy Nexus version of this ROM guys??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

madmoe wrote: »
    Is there a Galaxy Nexus version of this ROM guys??

The Virtuous ROM website recommends the AOKP ROM for the GN.

Its what I am running at the moment and I love it. Stable, good battery and plenty of customisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

two thumbs up for virtuous roms here too, it's the first rom i've actually been happy with after ditching the stock rom on my DHD, and i've been through the usual leedroid, cm7, miui, cleardroid etc.

fast and stable with all the good stuff and still keeps htc sense, which is a bonus (imho).

Otacon wrote: »
    The Virtuous ROM website recommends the AOKP ROM for the GN.

Its what I am running at the moment and I love it. Stable, good battery and plenty of customisations.

How are you finding the battery life on AOKP? Are you using the stock kernel and are the power saving options turned in?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

How are you finding the battery life on AOKP? Are you using the stock kernel and are the power saving options turned in?

Cheers,
    M

Using the Leankernel from Rootzwiki. No extra power saving options on.

When I first got the phone I was barely getting a day with my usage. Have almost a day and a half now.

vibe666 wrote: »
    two thumbs up for virtuous roms here too, it's the first rom i've actually been happy with after ditching the stock rom on my DHD, and i've been through the usual leedroid, cm7, miui, cleardroid etc.

fast and stable with all the good stuff and still keeps htc sense, which is a bonus (imho).

There's nothing left of Sense on the Virtuous ROM I'm using on the Sensation. Sense is completely unnecessary on ICS (imho ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

Sorry but isn't this thread for Apps? Seems to have changed into a ROM thread...

• Advertisement

budgemook wrote: »
    Sorry but isn't this thread for Apps? Seems to have changed into a ROM thread...

Chill! Was just being curoius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Is there an android version of live scores addict?

Chill! Was just being curoius!

Ah yeah chilled but I keep getting notifications about something I am not really interested in (with current phone).

Maybe a generic android modding thread could be set up?

budgemook wrote: »
    Ah yeah chilled but I keep getting notifications about something I am not really interested in (with current phone).

Maybe a generic android modding thread could be set up?

I concur mate....would be nice to have a place to discuss the latest and greates ROM's etc.

I concur mate....would be nice to have a place to discuss the latest and greates ROM's etc.

Grab the bull by the horns mate :-) New Thread button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Coin Drop is a good game. The usual addictive phone game, but great colours in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Patsy fyre wrote: »

If you're looking for football live scores fotmob is the daddy. I tried em all

manual_man wrote: »

Yeah its quality but it doesn't show any highlights of games instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I don't know any app that does that, unless maybe sky sports if you have a sub

• Advertisement

I don't know any app that does that, unless maybe sky sports if you have a sub
    That's what live score addict does on the i phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement