Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Not even 15min into jane eyre and I'm crying:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

My mum has her mother in laws china that comes out for very special occassions. I must mention that I want it, doubt my sister will put up much of a fight anyway, she's not into things like that whereas I'm a bit of a sentimental oul fool. :)

I am the only girl in my family and so I am getting my mother's mother's wedding china, my step-mother's wedding china, my step-mother's grandmother's wedding china, and my step-mother already gave me her old china.

All of these are full 12 piece settings with platters, wine glasses, tea cups and the whole kit. I am grateful but I am trying to figure out where on earth I am going to put it all!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Orla K wrote: »
    Not even 15min into jane eyre and I'm crying:(
    The film? And assuming so, which one? :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Urgh! I have zero tolerance for passive aggressive bollocks and I just had a whole heap thrown at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure how to describe it, they just feel too heavy on the tummy sort of.. They tasted like dark chocolate.

Is plain chocolate not the same as dark chocolate? I use a big bar of galaxy chocolate chopped into chunky bits and lashed into the dough... nom nom nom :D

I think I might make some this weekend and dye them green for Paddy's Day :)

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    The film? And assuming so, which one? :)

Yeah, could never get through the 1st chapter of the book! It's the one with Fassbender, 2011 just looking at imdb Judi Dench is Mrs. Fairfax didn't realise that till I read it.

Lola92 wrote: »
    Is plain chocolate not the same as dark chocolate? I use a big bar of galaxy chocolate chopped into chunky bits and lashed into the dough... nom nom nom :D

Wondering how the galaxy caramel would work? Chopped in two maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Wondering how the galaxy caramel would work? Chopped in two maybe?

I havn't tried it myself but I'd say that would probably be the way to go. Cut each piece in half or maybe thirds.. I just use the regular galaxy milk choc :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah, could never get through the 1st chapter of the book! It's the one with Fassbender, 2011 just looking at imdb Judi Dench is Mrs. Fairfax didn't realise that till I read it.
    I love Jane Eyre. The book, and, any adaptation I can get my hands on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lola92 wrote: »

I thought so too but thinking about it, the choc chips I got last time were lighter in colour and weren't as rich tasting. Might give your galaxy idea a go, I think the bf likes that chocolate. Experiments are imminent. :p

I'm making buns for Paddy's Day with green white and also orange icing. Might actually do more experiments with the icing and see if I can make purple just for the sake of it and because I feckin' love purple! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure how to describe it, they just feel too heavy on the tummy sort of.. They tasted like dark chocolate.

Plain chocolate is dark chocolate, but it's not very dark, just darker than milk, so it's plain :) Experimenting with cadbury's etc can go well and it can go horribly wrong so just be careful, eating chocolate isn't made to be heated.

Just got through some emails that were hanging over my head for days, can relax a bit, yay. Booking hotel for the Coronas next weekend, woohoo!!

I'm really bummed that I've to go proper dress shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

There are total scum living in ireland atm.

Just a warning to people too, my step-grandad has just got beaten up, tied up and robbed in his house in Dundalk. So if anyone here knows anyone who lives on their own, go and check on them regularly. The ***** took money he was saving for my parents wedding, his pension, his wedding ring and all!!!

So angry and upset about this!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Acoshla wrote: »

Get this :pac:(in hot pink!)
    http://www.helenebridal.com/Wedding-Dresses/WD5030/
    tatabubbly wrote: »

Just a warning to people too, my step-grandad has just got beaten up, tied up and robbed in his house in Dundalk. So if anyone here knows anyone who lives on their own, go and check on them regularly. The ***** took money he was saving for my parents wedding, his pension, his wedding ring and all!!!

Fook sake. Hope he's alright. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

OMG tatabubbly that's just awful, I really hope he's okay. There are total scumbags living in this country. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Only 2 and a half hours into my 11 hour night shift and I'm exhausted :( Someone bring me my bed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Tatabubbly, that is disgusting. I hope he isn't too traumatised by the whole thing, it must have been terrifying.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Acoshla wrote: »

I feel your pain. Wedding dress shopping is such a pain.

@tata - FFS, that's horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

jujibee wrote: »
    I am the only girl in my family and so I am getting my mother's mother's wedding china, my step-mother's wedding china, my step-mother's grandmother's wedding china, and my step-mother already gave me her old china.

All of these are full 12 piece settings with platters, wine glasses, tea cups and the whole kit. I am grateful but I am trying to figure out where on earth I am going to put it all!

My mum got two antique sets of china as wedding present. My cow of an aunt in law managed to break a cup from each set. Coincidence? I think not, the jealous mare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Tatabubbly, that is just awful. I hope your grandad will be ok. Sometimes I have to wonder what is wrong with people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

:):) My leprechaun costume for the Hong Kong 7's came in the post today! My stockings (white and green with shamrock) came yesterday. I'm delighted!!

:o The American in school is calling me the slutty leprechaun (with the slutty pumpkin in mind) for the laugh! I can't wait to go home and try it on tonight! :) EEEK! Delighted.

:):) Lovely skype chat with my sister yesterday. She went to Cheltenham yesterday with her boyfriend (it was his birthday present) Won a few bob on Cheltenham yesterday so I'm happy too! :)

Going for tea with a friend tonight. I asked him if it was a date because he was being all flirty about it...his reply "we'll see how this goes! friendly drink...maybe date like" :eek: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I ordered one on www.bpafree.ie just before you posted that. 32e including shipping.

Edit: they won't ship them from amazon to Ireland.

And WOW. What fast delivery. I just got it. Very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

In a surprisingly positive mood today, considering I have an exam in 2 hours and I'm slightly hungover.. but it's getting closer to the weekend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Whoop!! The UL Clubs and Societys Ball is tonight! CANT WAAAAAAAAAIT!!! :D

@tata thats awful :( hope he's ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Jesus Christ. May they be forever plagued by an itchy crotch in public, the knackbags.

My boss has just informed me he won't be in today. I am so finishing this essay today, on company time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Had a good cry after my daughter left today. She just drops home to change her clothes and then leaves to go back with her boyfriend, whom she is now sharing his family home with her. His mum also lives there and they have taken to her like a duck to water. She is loved by them, and I am not surprised as she is such a beautiful caring young woman. But I miss the chats, although she says she loves me, she has no time to chat and I do not know when she will be back home to change her clothes and leave again. She took some things with her this time round. She is coming down with the flu, and not feeling great, she said that her boyfriend is looking after her, she told me what he did for her, giving her hot drinks, plenty of tissues and warm blankets etc and it is the exact thing I would do for her too. Me and her have always been close and we have great understanding, but I do miss her. I miss the late night chats and the laughs, and hugs. She is my one and only. She is on her way to making her own life and I am pleased about that, but we hardly talk, she doesn't have the time to stop by for a while, just clothes and go, So when she left, I had a good cry. It is a mom thing and I cannot help it.

That is what made me cry today.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Massive hugs merlie, I know there's nothing I can say to make you feel better but just mind yourself today and do something nice for yourself. Even a nice coffee and an hour spent reading a book helps cheer me up I find.

merlie wrote: »
    Had a good cry after my daughter left today. She just drops home to change her clothes and then leaves to go back with her boyfriend, whom she is now sharing his family home with her. His mum also lives there and they have taken to her like a duck to water. She is loved by them, and I am not surprised as she is such a beautiful caring young woman. But I miss the chats, although she says she loves me, she has no time to chat and I do not know when she will be back home to change her clothes and leave again. She took some things with her this time round. She is coming down with the flu, and not feeling great, she said that her boyfriend is looking after her, she told me what he did for her, giving her hot drinks, plenty of tissues and warm blankets etc and it is the exact thing I would do for her too. Me and her have always been close and we have great understanding, but I do miss her. I miss the late night chats and the laughs, and hugs. She is my one and only. She is on her way to making her own life and I am pleased about that, but we hardly talk, she doesn't have the time to stop by for a while, just clothes and go, So when she left, I had a good cry. It is a mom thing and I cannot help it.

That is what made me cry today.

Aw merlie, you poor thing. Reading that I was just thinking of when I was leaving home where I had lived with just my mom. In my head I was *finally* getting independence, finally doing exciting stuff, being a grown up, but being a teenager/young adult I never considered my mom's side of it, which was exactly the same as you. It's almost upsetting to see they can do so well without you! Which obviously everyone wants their kids to do eventually, it just takes getting used to, especially when it was just the two of you. Hugs x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Subway & cookies in bed after a very long night shift is the best thing ever, om nom nom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just have to get through my 12 o'clock tutorial and then I can get home to get ready for the ball.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement