Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I bought four of the big (I like to call them grown up) petit fillous on my way home today.

I've been back less than 20 mins and I've already had two. Chances of the remaining two lasting much longer don't look particularly good.... :o

They are NICE! :D They are also very grown up.
    :(
    Hope you feels all betters soon!
    Thank you! Nurofen and caffeine seem to be doing something for the really weird head and elbow ache and sleepiness that was nap-resistant. Will hopefully continue to improve. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Just woke up from my lovely day time sleep after night shift and saying feck the diet, I'm getting me a snack box and curry sauce.

Get in my bellay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Ha, I wish! I just happened to see it last week when I was in watching a friend's gig and would've forgotten it otherwise.

Also, ugh, my back. It was pretty unreal - at the end he leaped into the crowd and crowd surfed to the back, followed by the rest of the band and then B. Dolan, who is a big man.
    oh sweet lord :eek: he's some man!! at least you got a work out ;):D
    Sign up the Rosin's newsletter. They give month in advance listings. I find it very handy.
    i actually am but the stupid thing didn't come :rolleyes:
    and you're right it is awful handy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Terry Pratchett came to my house to visit me last night.
    It was the most awesome dream I've had in ages!
    :):p

my heart stopped for a minute and then i read the spoiler :P
    i love him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

That's what I said and always say in situations like this. Gives his family some closure instead of always wondering. They'll have somewhere to go and remember him.

Can't imagine how awful it is to have someone you love go missing and never find them. Every time theres a knock at the door or the phone rings you probably jump.

Very sad news about Paul. Poor kid.
    +1 to this.

A family member of mine went missing recently, those few hours while he was missing were sheer hell.

Every time my phone rang or I got a message or something the first thing that came into my mind was "was he found?".

I'd rather break a limb than ever go through that again, it was the worst kind of hell. Luckily my family member was found.
    Acoshla wrote: »
    Seller of dress has offered half the money back and that I keep the dress, because shipping it back would cost a lot. I feel kinda bad for them, they're really nice about it, and quite disappointed that it's wrong and won't fit me, but still, they made it wrong!
    Did you pay by credit card or visa debit card? If you did, see if you can do a charge back, I don't know if a charge back will work for items not as described or if it's only for non-delivered items, might be worth looking into though.
    I don't feel particularly well today. :(
    :( Hope you feel better soon. :)
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I still can't find the chain that my boyfriend got me for my birthday. I searched my room and it's just vanished. I looked in the 2 places I usually put chains - on my bedside locker and my dressing table. I looked everywhere around them, I searched the drawers in them, behind them, looked under the wardrobe, down the side of the bed, I even looked in my knitting bags and in handbags. Just seems to have vanished. It's probably somewhere in the house but I haven't a clue where to look at this point. I really loved that chain. Besides the fact that it was really pretty and purple and I really liked it, what's bugging me more is that it has sentimental value because my bf got it for me. He looked in his room too and I've just sent him a text asking him to look again. It probably sounds silly but I'm quite upset about it.
    I know how you feel Jane.

For my twenty first birthday recently I was given some jewellery and later that night at my boyfriends house I had put it away in the boxes it came in and had put it in my back pack, and the next day I went looking for it and couldn't find it, so thought I'd left it in my boyfriends friends car, so had my boyfriend texting his friend asking if he found the jewellery, he couldn't find it. Later that that night I found it in a make up bag at the bottom of my back pack.

I didn't and still don't remember putting it into a make up bag (it's not something I'd usually do), but I was so relieved when I finally found it.

Fingers crossed you find your chain :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sigh, got home to a message from my landlord saying my next door neighbour rang her as my house alarm was going off for a whole day and night so she let me know that she was popping in to turn it off for mein case I wondered why it was off when I got home, and the other neighbours cat must have snuck in without her realising so the poor thing was in my house since sunday night with no food, she pooped on my floor too :rolleyes: scared the sh1t out of me when I opened the door and crying, starving looking cat legged it out of my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

I'm glad everyone else is struggling with productivity levels, makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. I actually got a good bit done now today but I had to drag myself through it, gonna do more tonight I think just to get ahead. Wondering why I agreed to work Saturday and Sunday, what's wrong with me...oh I remember, I'm poor!

Also makes me feel better! I have zero motivation today.

Ive to host a parent education class on Wednesday as part of an assessment for college and I'm actually dreading it :( Im not good at public speaking especially when it involves talking in front of 30 parents-to-be :s I'm going to forget about it for tonight and order a chinese to make myself feel better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Sister Act and Alien are showing on e4 tonight! Whoo! *grabs a bowl of popcorn and settles down for the night in her Spongebob pyjamas*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Must. Stop. Eating. So. Much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Plan on eating the whole half of that jelly i made earlier. However, I am currently full from an epic din dins!

Getting some extra cashola is proving fruitful. Hoping for some more sales now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

musical.x wrote: »
    my heart stopped for a minute and then i read the spoiler :P
    i love him!

Hehe, sorry about that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

So. Tired.

I'm too tired to type anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

:D My Nan sent my dad over to me with a Beautiful Vintage fine china tea set and wine glasses with matching tray ... so happy i cried a little ... Plus my mam has said her and her sister are giving me a set belonging to my nan who died at christmas for my wedding :D:D Im a geek but i just love dainty pretty china :D:D Now to find dresser to hold them all !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Zumba with the heating on was yuk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Did you pay by credit card or visa debit card? If you did, see if you can do a charge back, I don't know if a charge back will work for items not as described or if it's only for non-delivered items, might be worth looking into though.

Paid by PayPal.
    :D My Nan sent my dad over to me with a Beautiful Vintage fine china tea set and wine glasses with matching tray ... so happy i cried a little ... Plus my mam has said her and her sister are giving me a set belonging to my nan who died at christmas for my wedding :D:D Im a geek but i just love dainty pretty china :D:D Now to find dresser to hold them all !!!

Ooh lovely! I have my own Nan's china, two sets of it, and my boyfriends mom gave me most of one of her mother's sets, I love it all, but it's all packed away in boxes for the forseeable future, I take it out for display things for work sometimes or special occasions.

Paid by PayPal.

Ooh lovely! I have my own Nan's china, two sets of it, and my boyfriends mom gave me most of one of her mother's sets, I love it all, but it's all packed away in boxes for the forseeable future, I take it out for display things for work sometimes or special occasions.

It means soooo much to me to be able to have it im terrified my Fiance will come home and drop it ha ha ha It so nice to have collectables from within your family .. something you can pass down ... is he not your Fiance now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I am currently EXTREMELY excited as I've decided to go to China this summer with my best friend :D I absolutely can't afford it, but being in debt for a while is going to be so worth it! I've been squealing at random intervals throughout the day.

Also very excited about the imminent arrival of a mystery parcel from a guy I've been speaking to by email for years but never met. It's going to be like a mini-christmas when it gets here :)

It means soooo much to me to be able to have it im terrified my Fiance will come home and drop it ha ha ha It so nice to have collectables from within your family .. something you can pass down ... is he not your Fiance now ;)

Boyfriend!! He was just being called my husband on Sunday, everyone in his family seems to be ignoring the fiance bit too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Paid by PayPal
    You could open a dispute for an 'item not as described' - but you will need to send the item back to the company via registered post and PayPal will refund you what you paid for the dress, not sure if they'll refund you the postage costs from the seller to you though.

You'd need to post the dress via registered post and enter the tracking number into PayPal so if the seller claims the dress didn't arrive, then you will prove it did with the tracking number.

I saw five gorgeous blazer jackets in town today, all were €40 each, if not more. :( I need to win the lottery to afford them all. *Sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I know how you feel Jane.

For my twenty first birthday recently I was given some jewellery and later that night at my boyfriends house I had put it away in the boxes it came in and had put it in my back pack, and the next day I went looking for it and couldn't find it, so thought I'd left it in my boyfriends friends car, so had my boyfriend texting his friend asking if he found the jewellery, he couldn't find it. Later that that night I found it in a make up bag at the bottom of my back pack.

I didn't and still don't remember putting it into a make up bag (it's not something I'd usually do), but I was so relieved when I finally found it.

Fingers crossed you find your chain :)

Yeah it's not nice. I hope I do find it. I've probably put it somewhere I wouldn't usually put it. I searched everywhere I could think of and my bf looked in his house too. I really don't know where it could be.. :(

In other news, the cookies turned out lovely! I think the chocolate chips I had were too heavy so I want to see if I can get better ones.

Here are the ones I used. I think I should have used the milk chocolate ones instead.

352772_1_thumb.jpg

Edit: I just found out that one of the pups my cousin adopted a couple of months ago died this evening. Sounds like he could have eaten something in the garden or in the house that he shouldn't have had. Apparently he vomited and when my cousin's husband went to check, his heart was racing and he just died. :( :eek:

• Advertisement

You could open a dispute for an 'item not as described' - but you will need to send the item back to the company via registered post and PayPal will refund you what you paid for the dress, not sure if they'll refund you the postage costs from the seller to you though.

You'd need to post the dress via registered post and enter the tracking number into PayPal so if the seller claims the dress didn't arrive, then you will prove it did with the tracking number.

I saw five gorgeous blazer jackets in town today, all were €40 each, if not more. :( I need to win the lottery to afford them all. *Sigh*

Yeah I've already got a dispute with the website, they're so nice bless them. But yeah, I need to find out how much it'd be to send it back but I haven't a spare minute to do it in the next few days, and if it's not sent back within a week they won't take it. Might just take the half refund and leave it, my dressmaker friend wants to mess with it, maybe dye it, wear it for a ball.

Boyfriend!! He was just being called my husband on Sunday, everyone in his family seems to be ignoring the fiance bit too :p

Ha ha ha ha :p:p Brilliant !

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    In other news, the cookies turned out lovely! I think the chocolate chips I had were too heavy so I want to see if I can get better ones.

Here are the ones I used. I think I should have used the milk chocolate ones instead.

352772_1_thumb.jpg

Those are pretty good chocolate chips, how du mean they were too heavy?

Those are pretty good chocolate chips, how du mean they were too heavy?

I'm not really sure how to describe it, they just feel too heavy on the tummy sort of.. They tasted like dark chocolate.

Personally, I always make chocolate chip cookies with cadburys dairy milk chocolate.
    Those chips are plain I think? I couldn't eat cookies with those choc chips in them, I really do not like dark chocolate one bit, bleurgh! :p

Posy wrote: »
    Personally, I always make chocolate chip cookies with cadburys dairy milk chocolate.
    Those chips are plain I think? I couldn't eat cookies with those choc chips in them, I really do not like dark chocolate one bit, bleurgh! :p

Might actually try that next time, thanks! :)

I just cut a big dairy milk bar into massive chunks and lash it in the dough. I likes that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Posy wrote: »
    I just cut a big dairy milk bar into massive chunks and lash it in the dough. I likes that. :)

Dairy Milk chocolate is lovely in homemade cookies, quite rich but yummy!

Having such a hormonal day, cramps and incessant eating. Went to the shop and bought a big bag of Maltesers, only to spill them all on the floor when we got home. I nearly cried :(

Bf drove me back to Tesco to buy two more bags and his room mate is making me a chocolate milkshake later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

They say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach but I think the way to a woman's heart is chocolate and good deeds when we are PMSing :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My mum has her mother in laws china that comes out for very special occassions. I must mention that I want it, doubt my sister will put up much of a fight anyway, she's not into things like that whereas I'm a bit of a sentimental oul fool. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement