Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art / crafts courses/ events you would recommend

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 szlachta

I've been going to Bright Sparks with my two children for months now. They won't let me miss it! It's really such a great thing. The kids get to be so creative and have fun. And I get out of the house and chat with other real normal human beings!!! I highly recommend it. The woman who runs it, Asha, is fantastic. The art projects are pitched just right. Fun but also a little challenging. It's releasing my own creative juices too!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭greenheart

Hi all
    Anyone know of any Art classes for kids.
    My son is 10 and has a real love for art and is quite good at it so i'm looking for an art class of some sort for him.
    I live in Dublin 8 and don't drive so it would need to be near enough, in the city center or along the bus/luas routes.
    Had a look online but they all seem to be either for toddlers or out too far like blackrock, dundrum etc
    Any help would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 joasha.z

Great news! Due to increased demand I am now doing 2 Bright Sparks morning sessions on Tuesdays
    9.30 – 10.30 and 11 – 12.
    1-2pm is still on also.
    Places available, please contact via PM (MOD SNIP) or visit Bright Sparks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Claregirl5

St. Flannan's College in Ennis, Co. Clare, will run a short evening course in Encaustic Wax Art for the first time in March.

Details are as follows:
    Day: Wednesday
    Times: 7.30-9.30pm
    Duration: 3 weeks
    First Class: March 7th
    Fee: €60 (price includes all materials)
    Further details/bookings: contact via PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Claregirl5 wrote: »
    St. Flannan's College in Ennis, Co. Clare, will run a short evening course in Encaustic Wax Art for the first time in March.

Details are as follows:
    Day: Wednesday
    Times: 7.30-9.30pm
    Duration: 3 weeks
    First Class: March 7th
    Fee: €60 (price includes all materials)
    Further details/bookings: 085 1670326

I've been wanting to try Encaustic for ages but can't find anyone in Dublin doing it. Every time I visit craft shows the lady demonstrates it beautifully but visitors to the stand are never invited to try it, so I gather from this that it takes some practice. Anyone know of any classes in Dublin please let me know. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cagedgorilla

SCREEN PRINTING WORKSHOP (Silk screening)
    Week-end workshop offered in screen printing by professional artist in Dublin city centre. All supplies provided plus lunch. Class held the week-end of February 27-28.
    Please contact via pm.
    Hi, can you please contact me on any future silk screening classes/workshops u have going on in the future as i would love to attend. I would be starting at a beginner level. Even private classes could be a huge help or if u know anyone who would be interested as i am quite eager to start. Thank you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bodynsoul

CALLING all Artists, Visionaries, Volunteers, Story-tellers, Spoon-Benders, Hand-Standers, Trumpet-Players, Shakers, Bakers or Candlestick-Makers....

The art and creativity flourishing within the Body & Soul grows from strength to strength each year - We feel blessed to have a growing tribe of talented people contribute in their unique way to the beauty and integrity of the village itself, and invite you to create in a way that encourages people to look, listen, explore and interact with the piece itself.
    And so, the theme for this years Body&Soul Festival on June 22-24th 2012…....

Throughout all our literary travels and exploration there was one symbol that kept reappearing. It was the Ouroboros. The dragon that eats it’s own tail. A dragon that slays himself and brings himself to life, fertilizes himself and gives birth to himself, thereby creating life from death and injecting death into life.

This after all is the Chinese Year of the Dragon, the ultimate symbol of good fortune.

It's time to pour our dreams and aspirations into exciting projects, to both inspire and be inspired. Be they big or small, simple or complex, cosmic or comical, organic or electronic - we look forward to your proposals with bated breath, as do the people who spend their weekend in awe of your work!

We want to hear about what you have up your sleeve.

Write it down! Send it on! Dead line for B&S festival is the end of April 2012. We're all Ears.

Please log onto the "Get Involved" section of www.bodyandsoul.ie and click on the links to fill out an application for the relevant festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭afterhours

I wish. I make feathered jewelry and this seems like a good place to sell it. But alas, I am canadian and my license doesn't work here :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JansStuff

JansStuff wrote: »
    I'm starting up Card Making Workshops for Adults in South Dublin this February. And for Children in March/April.

Workshops for Adults
    Adult workshops will be an hour and a half long - they will be in the mornings, but I will start evening classes if I have demand. Current locations for the Workshops are Sandyford Community Centre, St Brigids Pastoral Community Centre Cabinteely and Foxrock Parish Centre, Foxrock.

They will be very relaxed, practical and useful classes where you will learn how to create your own unique cards in practical hands-on workshops. Ideas, advice, money-saving tips, handouts and all materials included. At every workshop you will be making cards. My ethos is to use mostly materials you'll have at home or can get easily at a reasonable price. If you've ever received or bought a fantastic card, then bring it along and I'll work with you to copy it, or even improve upon it. And equally, if you've some lovely bits and pieces at home that you think would work well on a card but are stumped on how to use them, then bring them along. I'll cover many occasions - birthdays - young and old, new baby, wedding, holy communion, and photo cards. Workshops will last an hour and a half and will be priced approx. at 12 euro per Workshop.
    Please contact me for further details about dates, times, locations and prices. While I'm enrolling for classes now to start the week beginning February 20th, it is possible to join at any time during the term, and if there are spaces, a pay-as-you-go option will be available.

Workshops for children
    Workshops for children will last 1 hour long, and I'm looking at holding them in Ballyroan Community Centre and Sandyford Community Centre Lambs Cross. These workshops will be 40 euro for 5 sessions. Max per class will be 12 children and the age limit is 7 - 14 years. Younger children can participate but must be accompanied by an adult.
    Thanks for looking. Yours in Card Making, Jan

PS my Blog has all the details of upcoming workshops and Workshop details www.cutecarddesigns.blogspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭KazM

Knit, Crochet, Cross-Stitch - whatever your craft, come along and join the group to share knowledge and banter.

• Advertisement

PS my Blog has all the details of upcoming workshops and Workshop details www.cutecarddesigns.blogspot.com[/QUOTE]

Hi All, I'm starting some one-off card making workshops in south dublin, to gather some interest in my card making workshops. These Easter Card Making workshops are priced at an introductory offer of only 5 euro per hour, including all materials!
    One Hour EASTER Card Making Workshop
    ADULTS
    Where: Ballyroan Community Centre
    When: Friday Morning March 23rd from 11 - 12 pm.
    This class has an introductory price of just €5. All materials are included.
    Contact me to book your place !
    www.cutecarddesigns.blogspot.com
    Mod Snip - send PM for details, read charter

For Children 7 - 14 years
    Where: Sandyford Community Centre (Lambs Cross)
    When: Wednesday 28th March 3-4 pm
    Cost: Special rate of just €5
    Places Limited - please book ahead. Parking available
    at the front of the centre & at the Pitch & Put grounds next door.
    Mod snip - contact via PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

KazM wrote: »
    Knit, Crochet, Cross-Stitch - whatever your craft, come along and join the group to share knowledge and banter.

Hi
    Where are you having your event, date, time, etc?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Hi
    Where are you having your event, date, time, etc?

Thanks

it says in the post!! Tuesday 6pm Vibes and Scribes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Cork_girl wrote: »
    it says in the post!! Tuesday 6pm Vibes and Scribes!!

Yeah I wondered where that was too, thought they were calling for calligraphers! :) Had to Google it as I didn't know where it was either, looks like a nice shop, wish I lived in Cork.

Places Limited - please book ahead. Parent/guardian
    must remain on the premesis for this workshop.

I've just started taking bookings for another One Hour Card Making Workshop - this time in Jack Whites Pub, Brittas Bay, Wicklow (on the N11) see details below - great news if you're down in this area for the Easter Break, or if you're local, all the better. J
    Where: Jack Whites Pub N11
    When: Wednesday & Thursday April 4th & 5th 10.30 - 11.30 am
    contact via PM

I've just started taking bookings for another One Hour Card Making Workshop - this time in Jack Whites Pub, Brittas Bay, Wicklow (on the N11) see details below - great news if you're down in this area for the Easter Break, or if you're local, all the better. J
    Where: Jack Whites Pub N11
    When: Wednesday & Thursday April 4th & 5th 10.30 - 11.30 am
    Places Limited - please book ahead. Parent/guardian
    must remain on the premesis for this workshop.

contact via PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cardartkilcoole

Cricut and Die Cutting Machine Fun Day

Saturday 31st of March

Greystones Co Wicklow

Time 10.30 to 5.00

Full details can be found on our blog HERE

Cost of hiring the room will be split with the

number of crafter's attending,

So hopefully between €5.00 and €10.00 max

Making this a great affordable crafty day out.

You can email me to book in HERE

Well this one has been in the pipeline for some time,

We all have these machine, and don't use them to their best

Advantage, so what we plan to do, is bring along our Cricut's

or Craft Robo's and spend the day sharing information tips and ideas,

What you need to bring

Your Cricut or Craft Robo with laptop

Big Shot, Cuttle Bug or die cutting machine

Lots of card stock, embossing folders and Dies

Inks, Chalks and anything else you want to play with.
    bring lots of Decoupage and embellishments to make toppers,

You do not need to own
    an Electronic die cutting machine to come along,
    just come along and have some fun card making.

Demonstration
    I will do a few demonstrations during the day.

Tea/Coffee supplied all day

Bring a Packed Lunch and your own Mug

Soft drinks and snacks.

There is a restaurant at the leisure centre to eat out.

Or some lovely restaurants in Greystones

Many thanks

And hope you can join us

Yvonne Card Art Kilcoole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if the mods wish to move it, feel free.

If anyone would like to enjoy a very relaxing week at a BOG OAK AND STONE CREATIVE WORKSHOP in the picturesque heartland of Connemara, reply to this thread or PM me and I can send you on booking details.

Indulge in sculpting and carving with internationally acclaimed artist Pieter Koning. This is a five day course of sculpting and carving ancient bog wood (oak,pine and yew) on the site where it was excavated from beneath the turf crop. This material ranges in age from 3000 to 8000 years, has amazing characteristics and shapes and responds gently to the working artist - hence giving pleasure at work and fulfillment on finishing a prized product at the end of the five days.

Details of dates and cost are below.

Dates:

9th July - 12th July 2012
    6th August - 9th August 2012
    1st October - 4th October 2012

Cost:

€375 for bogoak/€395 for stone - price includes raw materials, tuition, refreshments and use of sculpting tools and your beautiful finshed product.

Between Oughterard and Maam Cross, Co. Galway

For further info and testimonials see http://www.celticretreet.com/Index.html or Mod snip - PM only.

Creative Card Making Workshop
    On Saturday 21st of April
    Time 10.00 to 5.30
    At the Beautiful Gold Coast Hotel
    Dungarvan Co Waterford

This is my first time to Dungarvan, and I have a great day planned with
    4 Classes back to back
    This workshop will suit beginners as well as advanced crafter's as I work in 2 groups, Working in a Step by step method, giving the beginners more hands on help,

Class 1. Christening Card
    Landscape C5 Step card
    We will make a card for a boy and you will receive
    a kit for a girl to make at home

Class 2. Communion Card
    Beautiful keepsake Twin Easel Card
    We will make a card for a girl and you will receive
    a kit for a boy to make at home

Class 3. Sympathy/Thank you/Thinking of you
    Lace corner card with a handmade miniature Bouquet
    This card will suit a number of occasions,
    so you will receive a selection of inserts to choose from.
    You will receive a second kit in a
    different colour scheme to make at home

Card 4. Wedding
    Fancy fold card in a Cream and Gold colour scheme
    using the prettiest lace, ribbons, images and embellishments.
    You will receive a second kit in a
    different colour scheme to make at home

Full Details http://cardarteventskilcoole.blogspot.com/

If you want any more information please get in touch, or leave a comment

Many thanks Yvonne Tune
    Card Art Kilcoole http://cardartblogkilcoole.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement

Creative Card Making Workshop
    With Card Art Kilcoole
    Sunday the 27th of May
    Time 10.30 to 5.30
    At the Wilton Hotel (formally Ramada Hotel)
    Southern Cross, Bray, Co Wicklow
    This month we are making cards for Special Birthdays
    And will make 5 projects on the day
    Some for ladies and some gents.
    Cost €30.00
    Full details on our blog http://cardarteventskilcoole.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 adognamedboo

Crafty Kids, Art Summer School at Bridge St Studios, Dundalk

Crafty Kids offer an exciting range
    of activities including painting,
    drawing, collage, printing and pottery
    in a professional artists studio.

While having fun
    we will focus on skill development,
    exploring techniques
    & encouraging individual creativity

9.30am - 2.30pm Monday - Friday
    Week 1 * July 9th - 13th
    Week 2 * July 16th - 20th
    Week 3* July 23rd - 27th

Class fee including all materials €110
    family discount available
    10% off all bookings by 31st May

www.bridgestreetstudios.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 andrewmorkel

Thanks for sharing, I have read your editorial it amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Caggles

http://twitpic.com/9mtrnp
    Open to all just email queen.elvis@yahoo.ie

All entrants receive an mp3 which the will use as inspiration for their photo or photo of painting/artwork/craftwork etc..
    More info will be supplied on entry...9mtrnp
    Tried posting image but get it to work, please click link to check out competition

http://www.reverbnation.com/queenelvis
    9mtrnp[IMG][/img]9mtrnp.jpg%22%20width=%22150%22

• Registered Users Posts: 28,065 ✭✭✭✭looksee

And will we be told about an entry fee at some stage in the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Caggles

Hi Looksee
    There is no entry fee and there will be no entry fee, we are running this competition so we l end up with some great artwork and we will also be able to promote artists work on our album and possibly otherways. This should be beneficial to all parties involved...

We have had some responses already and all we ask is not to send artwork till you have received the song as this is an integral part of the competition...
    Just an email with title Art work ...and your name

Thanks again , hope this clarifies any misgivings you might have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Caggles wrote: »
    Hi Looksee
    There is no entry fee and there will be no entry fee, we are running this competition so we l end up with some great artwork and we will also be able to promote artists work on our album and possibly otherways. This should be beneficial to all parties involved...

We have had some responses already and all we ask is not to send artwork till you have received the song as this is an integral part of the competition...
    Just an email with title Art work ...and your name

Thanks again , hope this clarifies any misgivings you might have :)

Just a reminder, this competition is not in any way endorsed by boards.ie and entrants entering should read the terms/conditions etc. etc. etc. Any discussion/contact on the competition should be by PM and not on this thread - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

KIDS WORKSHOP

Would you like to listen to some amazing stories from the Persian Book of Kings and then make super heroes from the book with foam clay and make finger puppets?

This workshop is suitable for kids between 7 to 12 years old.

When: Saturday, June 23rd 2012
    2pm to 4pm

Where: 18, Fashion House, Upper Exchange Street, Dublin 2

Price: 20 Euros including all materials

Contact Roxana Manouchehri
    Contact BY PM ONLY - Mod Snip

• Registered Users Posts: 24 phoneranger

Greystones Tidy Towns are running a weekly exhibition for local Artists & Photographers starting on Sunday July 1st.

We are looking for local artists & photographers to come down and display their work starting on July 1st and returning every Sunday through the season.

Each exhibitor will be allocated a bay measuring approximatly 8' X 8' to display their work (a limited number of smaller bays are available).The cost of a bay is €20 for the day and is payable on the day at the harbour. An appication form can be downloaded from http://www.connaughton.eu/grape.htm and must be filled out, signed and returned to (email on application form) first in order to secure a bay. Bays can be booked for a minimum of one Sunday and a maximum of four consecutive Sundays after which a further one or four Sundays can then be booked.

Artists/Photographers must provide their own means of securing their work to the bays and all work must be hung in a secure way, using cable ties etc. All exhibitors will be expected to provide their own shelter for their work, such as plastic sheeting, and this must be fitted in such a way so as not to damage the bays and must be removed after each Sunday.

Exhibitors should park their cars in the car park or on Trafalgar/Marine Road and not on the pier road. Exhibitors should take care not to block any of the entrances and access to and from the compounds and club pens. All exhibitors must keep the area around their bay free from litter and must not obstruct the walkways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Mrs Farmer

I attended a workshop today in Dalkey showing the use of Annie Sloan chalk paints. It is amazing paint which will cover wood (any type), metal etc without having to de-rust or remove varnish or sand down. They do workshops on a regular basis - see www.upside.ie Suitable for interior and exterior projects, quick drying, very low odour and the colours available are lovely.

Advertisement