Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Had my WI (@ home) this morning... up 1/2lb.... Im raging because I was pretty good all week, used 20weeklies overal, had a sneaky peak saturday which had me 1/2 down but I had to go out for dinner last night for my brothers bday (did point & only used 5weeklies on it), could eating late have caused the gain?? Anyway, might have another peak tomorrow in case but Im not giving up, onwards & downwards!!

Well done on all the losses this week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Don't know what's come over me, but I bought ANOTHER dress this afternoon! That's two dresses in a month, and the last time I wore one was 2007!! It felt great to wear the blue one I bought so today while in New Look I was browsing and saw this dress.

There was only one left and it was in a size 18. Now when I started WW in January I was about a size 24-26. I've shrank a bit, down to 20-22, but I thought that the 18 would be out of my grasp. I nearly died when I tried it on and it fitted me!! Plus it looked good!:D So of course I bought it :p So I feel really good tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

2.5lbs down at wi yesterday so got my 10% and only .5lb and I'll be in 14's!!! Still a very long way to go but I'm just thrilled at the moment.
    Baby75 wrote: »
    Ali was it you who got the Nitendo wii games?, were was it again and how are you getting on!

Hey Baby, I got the Zumba Fitness 2 a couple of weeks ago and find it brilliant. I credit it for my good results in the last fortnight. Still go to the odd class but such a great workout to have at home. Also have the wii fit but I got bored of it really quickly. Its one big plus in my book is you can do the stepper while watching tv/film so while its low intensity at least your not sitting on your ass and your not hogging the tv! So family friendly ;)

I've a hen this weekend and have to say I'm a bit scared - anyone any advice? Was thinking of trying F+H days for sat & sun while I'm away but never tried them before. Also very much unpracticised at the art of the social drink since having DS nearly a year ago now! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

How much fruit do ye guys eat daily?? Or how much fruit is to much ??

Well done on all the losses this week I was up .5 but it's cos I have no self control and that 2 letter word is impossible for me to say!!!

Don't know what's come over me, but I bought ANOTHER dress this afternoon! That's two dresses in a month, and the last time I wore one was 2007!! It felt great to wear the blue one I bought so today while in New Look I was browsing and saw this dress.

There was only one left and it was in a size 18. Now when I started WW in January I was about a size 24-26. I've shrank a bit, down to 20-22, but I thought that the 18 would be out of my grasp. I nearly died when I tried it on and it fitted me!! Plus it looked good!:D So of course I bought it :p So I feel really good tonight!

Best feeling in the world! Go you!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Just back from WI.... couldn't motivate myself to stay for the class.... feeling so yucky!

I STS which I suppose is good considering all the goings on... stupid body... Im glad I didnt put up coz the way I am feeling that would have made me throw in the towel.... I drove away from my WI feeling a little better and I am looking forward to the week ahead... Its motivating me to get bigger numbers next week...

Well done on the losses ladies n for those who gained or STS... chin up... we will get there eventually we just have to keep plugging away

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

ali85 wrote: »
    sue z wrote: »
    I read recently that this is a great fiber supplement that helps aide digestion. I know its stocked in Boots in the UK so hopefully it's stocked in Ireland too. Gonna get me some too ;)

http://www.boots.com/en/Benefiber-Powder-155g_46640/[/QUOTE]

Phew!!! Im glad i brought it up now... im SCARLET!!!! Tried taking senna... but ehhh no show.... :( I have to be careful about other supplements I take coz I am on warfarin and you would be surprised the stuff I can't take because of it... (like lemsip... like come on!!! :rolleyes: ) Bought a bottle of orange juice this afternoon and thought that would do great things... then i saw there was 3pp in the small bottle!!!! it was like drinking a can of coke... so i just drank more water...

Im exactly like you dani... i really can't understand it at all... so between that and this blasted TOTM coming around I am going to be lucky if i hold onto my stone this week.... Heading for WI in a few mins and not lookin forward to it AT ALL!!!

Just because it doesn't show on your official WW WI don't let it get to you, it doesn't mean you haven't put the work in and you could quite poSsibly have a big loss the week after. Its crazily fustrating that the, eh, excess weight in our bowels(think that's the nicest way 2 put it!!!lol) is blocking the 'fat' weight wev lost!!!! As for TOTM weight I just think its one of life's other B***Hs that mother nature like to throw@ us poor women and there's saldy not much me can do about it, no matter how much water we drink or miles we walk!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Just back from WI.... couldn't motivate myself to stay for the class.... feeling so yucky!

I STS which I suppose is good considering all the goings on... stupid body... Im glad I didnt put up coz the way I am feeling that would have made me throw in the towel.... I drove away from my WI feeling a little better and I am looking forward to the week ahead... Its motivating me to get bigger numbers next week...

Well done on the losses ladies n for those who gained or STS... chin up... we will get there eventually we just have to keep plugging away

STS is great, its not a gain which is the main thing!!!! You should definatly see a loss next week if u stick with it!!

Was doin ok 2day....until half 5....bit downhill since :( stil within my weeklies I think, but think I'll just write them off now and stick to the 26 tomorrow for WI fri morn!! Was ment to go 4 a walk after walk but got caught out in a shower with no coat so spinning 2morro eve will hav to be done!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Re: the problem. When I started WW back in November 2010, around January I started getting the same problem and had a lot of STS or 1/2lb gain/loss. I ate kiwi's, went for longer walks and drank buckets of water and I think that got things moving again. I am a scales demon and I have noticed that you can be carrying an extra lb inside, sorry if tmi!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Just back from WI - down 2.5lb 2nite:D got my 7th silver 7 and now only half pound to go to make it to 50lb:D
    i also got into the 12's!! Im now 12 Stone 11.5 lb . cant remember the last time i was in the 12's!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

messrs wrote: »
    Just back from WI - down 2.5lb 2nite:D got my 7th silver 7 and now only half pound to go to make it to 50lb:D
    i also got into the 12's!! Im now 12 Stone 11.5 lb . cant remember the last time i was in the 12's!!!!!

Well done hun, a great achievement! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

I will admit it in a former life I was a Tayto, I could eat them for breakfast dinner and Supper and never get sick of them have had one bag in six months, had a vegetarian lunch today (only cause I and pulled random crap from the fridge while rushing for work)

so here I am half 3 tea break decided to go to the shop for taytos as i have 8pp left with dinner pointed n i couldnt even eat half a bag.. they just dont taste right!!

EDIT: Ps a bag is 6 fricken points I had always thought they were 5!! n that was bad enough but 6!! I feel robbed.. ps i ate the bag

You are too funny, this happens to us all :D

Well done, love the positivity, it's all good once it's not negative right?:)

Amazing girl, well done! Such an amzing achievement :)

Well after the gym I was SUPER SUPER hungry this evening.
    Tried to stay within the 26 as WI tomorrow morning and I've been up the last two weeks even though I've been running and eating well. Was 6 pounds from gold, then 7, then 8 so PLEASE GOD it'll be down tomorrow.
    I took advice from you lot last week and varied up the diet a bit so fingers and toes crossed. It better flippin' show tomorrow. x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

sue z wrote: »
    I read recently that this is a great fiber supplement that helps aide digestion. I know its stocked in Boots in the UK so hopefully it's stocked in Ireland too. Gonna get me some too ;)

http://www.boots.com/en/Benefiber-Powder-155g_46640/[/QUOTE]

Phew!!! Im glad i brought it up now... im SCARLET!!!! Tried taking senna... but ehhh no show.... :( I have to be careful about other supplements I take coz I am on warfarin and you would be surprised the stuff I can't take because of it... (like lemsip... like come on!!! :rolleyes: ) Bought a bottle of orange juice this afternoon and thought that would do great things... then i saw there was 3pp in the small bottle!!!! it was like drinking a can of coke... so i just drank more water...

Im exactly like you dani... i really can't understand it at all... so between that and this blasted TOTM coming around I am going to be lucky if i hold onto my stone this week.... Heading for WI in a few mins and not lookin forward to it AT ALL!!!

Ali, i take either Lactose or Dufolax both over the counter in chemist and i find either works very well

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

thanks for all the replies re: "the problem" so glad to hear other people have either had the same problems or are going through the same... i was mortified bringing it up.... but im glad (although still scarlet haha!)

Its nuts that it is so bad considering how we are all eating and living so well and still our bodies play games with us...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

thanks for all the replies re: "the problem" so glad to hear other people have either had the same problems or are going through the same... i was mortified bringing it up.... but im glad (although still scarlet haha!)

Its nuts that it is so bad considering how we are all eating and living so well and still our bodies play games with us...

Totally misunderstood the problem, think cos you mentioned it with TOTM I assumed. But I also am the same. Was going to bring it up ages ago but like you didn't want to. So glad you did cos there has been some great advice here!

Does anyone take multi vitamins? Have also been so tired lately like a lot of others have been mentioning. An I picked up a multivitamin for 80c in lidl. Have never taken any supplements before so just wondering does anyone find they help at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I need to ask a question.

I only started WW last week had my first ever WI tonight - I did really well, I'm very pleased with the way it's going.

The thing is, I never got another little green tracker book from my leader. Did she forget to give it to me or do you only get one for your first week? I know I can just use a notepad or diary instead but I found the little green book great. Its a shame I don't have one this week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Ha I totally misunderstood as well, but have to agree I noticed it last week actually just before TOTM started, I sometimes think its related to our cycles as well, either one way or the other! I've always had problems so found over all WW had helped me :)

dam bodies not working right!

• Advertisement

cosmic wrote: »

I only started WW last week had my first ever WI tonight - I did really well, I'm very pleased with the way it's going.

The thing is, I never got another little green tracker book from my leader. Did she forget to give it to me or do you only get one for your first week? I know I can just use a notepad or diary instead but I found the little green book great. Its a shame I don't have one this week. :(

Hey Cosmic - Yep you should have got a little green tracker book and you should get a new one every week. I was so excited about my 10% this week that I forgot to pick up mine too! Usually I pick up a couple just to have spares but I'm all out - ah well - back to the notebook for this week! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

JudyD wrote: »
    Hey Cosmic - Yep you should have got a little green tracker book and you should get a new one every week. I was so excited about my 10% this week that I forgot to pick up mine too! Usually I pick up a couple just to have spares but I'm all out - ah well - back to the notebook for this week! :rolleyes:

Well done on the 10% Im soooo hoping I get mine tomorrow fingers and toes crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

That is so fantastic! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

Super Stuff West Wing, such an amazing feeling isn't it. You are doing tremendous, good on you.

QUOTE=ali85;77476552]Just back from WI.... couldn't motivate myself to stay for the class.... feeling so yucky!

Well done on the losses ladies n for those who gained or STS... chin up... we will get there eventually we just have to keep plugging away[/QUOTE]

Ali85 - Fair play on the STS especially considering the lack of "movement".

Freshly squeezed orange juice and kiwis ars the best treatment for this, even 1 orange in the morning and 2 Kiwis a day for a few days should see this improving, it's such a dose though.

cosmic - Well done on your weight loss, each weigh in you get the green tracker so it's seems your leader did forget, if your leader isn't forthcoming in giving one each week be sure to ask, a notebook is fine but the tracker is the business.

Feeling blah and bloated at the mo, will be following my own advice I gave Ali85 i think lol, horrible feeling. I think my problem at the mo is too much carbs, had weetabix for brekkie the last few mornings and brown bread for lunch, normally wouldn't eat this much as i know it doesn't agree with me, guzzling the water but still feel crappy and of course TOTM is just finished. I always feel bloated the days leading up to and just after TOTM. Men are so lucky...

What are we like jumping on the scales so often, I was so bad for this but thankfully I only weigh myself at home once a week and then have official wi. I think I was a little obsessed with the scales for a while so just had to stop myself.

Great reading posts over the last few days, it does wonders for motivation.

Thanks for the replies JudyD and evadiva. I'll miss my tracker this week but I'll just have to be extra careful with my notebook. I'll definitely make sure to ask for one next week!

It's my first time posting on this thread but I've been on it pretty much constantly for the past week. Everyone's so so helpful, it's great!

Oh, well done on the 10% JudyD. Hope you feel more yourself tomorrow evadiva.

Actually, I just checked the WW website and there's a lunch time meeting near my work tomorrow. I wonder if I went in to ask the leader there for a tracker would they let me have one. I reckon I'll give it a shot and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Do! I'd say they'd have no problem giving you one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

k ladies tonight is WI... am dreadin it... TOTM around the corner and there is no easy way of saying this so im just going to come out with it.... im not exactly regular..... if ya get me drift....

This is driving me bananas.... This can only cause me more agro especially with TOTM....

I am eating so well and drinking loadsa water... anyone else having the same problem??

Im morto even sayin it... (well typing it... ) but im just hoping that someone is having the same trouble as me....

I laughed more when I read this Ali - You've a sister here! :D Not a regular girl myself!
    I was 1 lb down this evening. I was good foodwise this week but I kinda slacked on the exercise (I know - me bad!) Still - it's a pound less towards my goal, so happy enough :) Have a family do the weekend, so, touch wood, I'll stay on the straight & narrow!

Congrats on all the losses this week peeps x

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kellygalway

Danii86 wrote: »
    Oh girl I am sooo in the same boat!!!iv beey dyin 2 bring this up 4 awhile now, but never really knew how to bring it up!!!lol I'm eatin loads of fibre, drink S**T LOADS of water and my ahem, eh, movements, are all over the place!!!! Its crazy annoying!!!!1 day I'm grand and the next day I'm totaly, eh, backed up!!! And it makes me feel really bloated and jus fat basically!!!lol tried drinkin slim-a-tea 4 awhile but it didn't really work :(

Hi guys, i feel your pain! :)
    I got really bad after i had my baby 6months ago, couldn't take anything 'cos i was breast feeding. What i found did work was 3 weetabix with fruit on it, in the mornings, it kept me regular i'd swear by it & i was REALLY bad :( now 'cos of ww I've cut it down to two weetabix but still have the same amount of fruit on top & its still working. Did for me anyway!

Had weigh in tonight delighted down 1.5 :) 11.5 down 27.5 to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Kellygalway

No you should get one of those green trackers every week they're great. Ask her next week if she doesn't give you one again. Good luck with it! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement