Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Yep mine has 3 very visible lines
    Welcome twomums2be!

I'm sorry I read those last 2 posts! I wasn't going to ask what sex but I know now I will be looking for those 3 lines or the circle!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

silly wrote: »
    Welcome twomums2be!

I'm sorry I read those last 2 posts! I wasn't going to ask what sex but I know now I will be looking for those 3 lines or the circle!

Ops...sorry Silly! In fairness, we would never have seen them only he went looking & then pointed them out...bum up is not a normal angle for them to look from :) If your little one has it's legs uncrossed you are far more likely to see a more obvious indicator ;)
    You could tell them you don't want to know the sex & they will do their best to avoid that region :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Sorry silly
    I've never actually been able to tell what the gender was from te scan but she zoomed into where the 3 lines were coz it was a gender scan and hovered there for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I'm fairly certain mine is a boy!!! My sister's bf's mum is a midwife and she showed her the scan and she reckons it's a boy!

We're not definite but hey don't mind what it is. Fiancee doesnt want to know but I keep insisting it's probably a boy :D

Ah ye're grand girls! I'm just being...well..silly I guess!

Have my first appointment with consultant tomorrow. Dreading it incase she's horrible. Haven't heard much nice things about consultants on here. I don't think hubby can come with me either, so I'll be going solo.

I really hope I at least get to hear babies heartbeat!

Oh, Wierd story. Met a girl I used to work with at the weekend. She has a 1 yr old girl. I asked her did she know she was having a girl, and she said she did, but not by choice. Last January (2011) she went into the accountants office, he just went "oh!" and she said " what?" he said "nothing, I'm going to write something down and put it into my drawer, I'll tell you when the time is right" she was like "yeah, ok whatever, wierdo!"
    Then the following July/aug she told him that she was pregnant and he said " oh! Wait till I show you" he took the envelope out of the drawer and showed her the paper inside. It said " it's a girl!"

This was 6 months before she even got pregnant!!!

I actually met him a few weeks ago with my sis ( who still works there) I asked her to ask him did he "know" anything when he met me. He would have known I was pregnant, but just wondering if he knew what I was having...

It would be interesting to see if he was right.

• Advertisement

I think that would freak me out altogether Silly esp before she was pregnant!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

That's freaky silly!
    Just back from seeing Ollie, He is one chilled out dude! Keep gettin the whole ooh your next and i have to admit i was getting nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

javagal wrote: »
    That's freaky silly!
    Just back from seeing Ollie, He is one chilled out dude! Keep gettin the whole ooh your next and i have to admit i was getting nervous!

Awww, that's great. At least you'll be able to get in a bit of practice now!

Silly, that is a freaky story!

Anyone else getting pain in their pubic bone. I think I overdone it on the spring clean on Sunday, I kinda blitzed a couple of rooms and all the stooping and bending didn't help. The pain is right in the tip, if you understand me.
    Of course, I've diagnosed myself from google with SDP. Gonna see how I go over the next day or so and if there's no improvement I'll go to the doc.
    It's not constant, most times I stand up from sitting position I get it as I start to walk. But once I'm up and moving its gone. Meant to go for a swim tonight, but had other things to do!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Hi Girls I'm due the 25th myself, don't have a clue what we're having though!
    I usually sleep on my stomach, I've been training myself to sleep on my side, but I keep waking up on my back or stomach again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Hi Ginny! I sleep on my stomach too!! Hate not being able to now, sort of manouver myself about until I'm comfortable......

Silly that is a cool story. My reikki healer knew I was pregnant as soon as I walked into the room also she knows the sex of the baby but I asked her not to tell me....she can feel the energy or something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Kildareash google doc is dangerous... :D if i dont stay away from it i drive myself loopy: I'm bad enough as it is!

I'm beginning to wonder is there anyone who's not having a baby in July there's so many!!

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl*
    Tinkerbell79 - ????
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Mink- 28th July
    theg81der- 31st July

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Welcome twomums2be!

Just scrutinising my scan pics and i see 3 very visible lines in the shape of a circle too but I was told it`s a BOY

Fri.Day wrote: »
    Just scrutinising my scan pics and i see 3 very visible lines in the shape of a circle too but I was told it`s a BOY

If its in the shape of a circle it's a boy :) girl lines are straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

kildareash wrote: »
    Anyone else getting pain in their pubic bone. I think I overdone it on the spring clean on Sunday, I kinda blitzed a couple of rooms and all the stooping and bending didn't help. The pain is right in the tip, if you understand me.

The nurse mentioned this during my ante-natal class, apparantly you actually have a joint there! It normally doesn't move, but can when preggers. She said ice helped, as did learning to keep your legs together when getting out of bed, cars etc. to avoid stretching it. She also said holding the affected area helped - so think like The Birth Of Venus and strike a pose :)

Ladies, I just wanted to share a really helpful thread over in Newborns and Toddlers, I was completely lost with what was needed for the baby and what wasn't so asked the new Mums over there, and there has been some really solid advice that has made me much more confident about buying the right things (and not wasting money on somthing pointless). As so many of us are first-timers, I thought you might like it too.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056569061

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Fri.Day wrote: »

If its in the shape of a circle it's a boy :) girl lines are straight.

Yep if the circle is there its a boy.a girl is just 3 straight lines like a hamburger

Girls, at my hospital appointment and my god this place is busy!!! After 20 mins I got a seat. The amount of fathers taking up the seats is ridiculus! I'm number 104, and they're only on the 80's.
    Wish I wasn't here in my own :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl*
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July
    Mink- 28th July
    theg81der- 31st July

Just adding Tinkerbell79 in there, you said your due date a few pages back and I forgot to add it.
    Think this is the definitive list. There may be some more lurkers who join in though :D

Silly that's really terrible that the dads are taking up seats. When I was at Rotunda, all the men were standing and left the wimmin folk in the seats. It was just automatic that they stood up to give their seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Kash that's a great thread, thanks!

Silly, that's disgraceful about the dads taking up the real estate in the waiting room, where are their manners at all?! I'd actually just say it to one of them that you need to sit down and would they mind giving up their seat to you...and they say chivalry is dead?!

For anyone with a smartphone, I recently discovered a nifty application yoke that lets you read digital editions of books on your phone, seriously a life saver if you're stuck in a waiting room on your own!! Aldiko book reader is a nice free one for android that I'm using, but I think there's a whole bunch of them there on the android market. I got the whole Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series off a friend of mine...I think they might have downloaded it for free off a torrent site somewhere? - very bold yes but I'll not look a gift horse in the mouth! I thought at first that it would be really super annoying to try to read on the tiny screen like that, but it really does beat carting the book around with you, and you'd get used to it fairly quickly! Using the black screen with white writing style on it now and it really helps the glare factor too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Hi ladies,

I need some advice! My mum, who is the best in the world and has done so much for me, especially lately, is starting to interfere already... I knew it was just a matter of time. She rang this morning with a few baby names (she obviously doesn't like the ones I've picked). So I told her nicely but firmly that I didn't want to talk about it again. Then I mentioned that I needed to pick up a few sheets for the moses basket that my brother is giving us & she proceeded to tell me that there's no need for them that she already has a packet of cot sheets picked up! And yesterday when I told her I saw a nice second hand changing unit on the internet she rang the guy up and enquired about it! I know she only means well but she's going to be very interfering - I can sense it. My brother's wife had a baby last year and she didn't interfere because she didn't think it was her place and I was surprised how laid back she was. But for some reason she thinks she can control this situation - she even has tons of stuff for my hospital bag already. And she mentioned a few weeks ago that I'd probably be coming straight home to her when I get out of the hospital - even though I live in Dublin and she lives two hours away... and my OH has 2 weeks paternity leave from work so we obviously want to spend those 2 weeks on our own learning how to function with our little baby! I think she was a bit shocked when I told her I'd be going to my own place...

I know that I'm lucky to have her around and she means well but this is something that I want to do my way... how am I going to approach this without offending her!? This is just her second grandchild and I'm her oldest girl - she's always been a little bit interfering in my life but I've always let her interfere because it makes her feel involved, whereas my sister would tell her where to go! So I think she knows I'm a soft touch and I know she's excited but the last thing I want is for her to be telling me how I should be doing things...

Girls, at my hospital appointment and my god this place is busy!!! After 20 mins I got a seat. The amount of fathers taking up the seats is ridiculus! I'm number 104, and they're only on the 80's.
    Wish I wasn't here in my own :(

That's disgraceful Silly both from the seat taking to the waiting times! It would drive me mental...I hope your consultant is nice when you get to her :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

I need some advice! My mum, who is the best in the world and has done so much for me, especially lately, is starting to interfere already... I knew it was just a matter of time. She rang this morning with a few baby names (she obviously doesn't like the ones I've picked). So I told her nicely but firmly that I didn't want to talk about it again. Then I mentioned that I needed to pick up a few sheets for the moses basket that my brother is giving us & she proceeded to tell me that there's no need for them that she already has a packet of cot sheets picked up! And yesterday when I told her I saw a nice second hand changing unit on the internet she rang the guy up and enquired about it! I know she only means well but she's going to be very interfering - I can sense it. My brother's wife had a baby last year and she didn't interfere because she didn't think it was her place and I was surprised how laid back she was. But for some reason she thinks she can control this situation - she even has tons of stuff for my hospital bag already. And she mentioned a few weeks ago that I'd probably be coming straight home to her when I get out of the hospital - even though I live in Dublin and she lives two hours away... and my OH has 2 weeks paternity leave from work so we obviously want to spend those 2 weeks on our own learning how to function with our little baby! I think she was a bit shocked when I told her I'd be going to my own place...

I know that I'm lucky to have her around and she means well but this is something that I want to do my way... how am I going to approach this without offending her!? This is just her second grandchild and I'm her oldest girl - she's always been a little bit interfering in my life but I've always let her interfere because it makes her feel involved, whereas my sister would tell her where to go! So I think she knows I'm a soft touch and I know she's excited but the last thing I want is for her to be telling me how I should be doing things...

Its your mum - talk to her frankly or I would make a joke of it and slag her, don`t get too heavy unless she keeps pushing. Something like - "you can buy for the next one I`ll be over it by then - the shopping is the exciting bit isn`t it haha"

Just back now! Wasn't waiting that long after all. Consultant was lovely, did a little scan, I did look for those 3 lines or the circle, but I saw something that resembles both, but one where I think it should be! But I won't say anything just yet.

She suggested that I go to the midwives clinic for my next visit as I have a complicated free pregnancy. Less waiting times she said. So I don't go back until the end of may.

She was reading my chart and was like "second child in..........TEN yrs??!!" I was like "yeah, my daughter is 11 this month" she said "oh my! At least you will have help"

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

She might not realise it! You need to tell her, that you appreciate it, but you look forward to gathering the bits and pieces yourself and that you can't wait to be a little family of your own with hubby
    If you don't tell her now, it will be a hell of a lot worse once baby arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Mamaheidi, maybe have a little heart to heart with your mam and just be honest and explain to her that you & OH really want to enjoy buying bits and bobs for baby, putting hospital bag together yourself, picking your own names. Just tell her that it's a rite of passage for a new mum and you feel strongly about it. Ask her nicely to call you first before she buys anything for baby or you etc as it may be something you want to pick our yourself.

For when you have baby I'd also make a firm rule that you & OH are going to be holed up for two weeks with the baby and there will be very specific visiting hours for her, ie; she will not be there day and night. Tell her that you will play it by ear as you may find that you want her there more or maybe when OH goes back to work you'll want her to be around to help you (you probably will & she'll be far more use to you then).

It will take a heart to heart but if you get her to understand that if she does everything for you it will take the "special" out of the whole experience.

If my mam was still around I think she would have moved into my house already to look after me haha, she was baby mad & major Irish-mammy. Would have loved her to be around for this but I would have been very firm with her re boundaries. It will be ten years she's gone next month.

Luckily I also have a brilliant mother-in-law, she's already got 3 grandkids so I think she's going to give us all the space we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Thanks guys.

Mink I'm sorry that you're mum isn't around. I know I'm lucky in so many ways to have my mum because she's just great. She thinks she's saving us a fortune and doing us a favour so her heart is in the right place. You're right though, the heart to heart is needed or else I'll go cracked when the little one arrives.

Thanks ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Thanks for the tip on the app nyquistfreak, must have a look for one of those. I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to books and refuse to move with the digital! Was just thinking to myself this morning when I'm on leave, I'm going to join the local library, just have to figure out when I'm going to have the time to read the books!

Mamaheidi, maybe you should talk to your mum. I know my mum doesn't interfere directly, but she wld have my head wrecked about what my brother is doing wrong, but never say it to him directly. I'd say she'll have my sister wound up when I have the baby.

I wouldn't bank on getting much quality time just the three of ye when ur oh is on his paternity leave tho. In my experience that's the busiest time for visitors! My neighbour had a baby a few months ago and she was barely in the door when people started streaming in to visit. I felt so sorry for her, their house was full all weekend and every evening during the week. I'd say the baby was nearly three weeks old by the time they got some time on their own. I was early going to go out and stop people going in, I felt so bad for the girl.

Like the others have said - talk to her, tell her how you feel, and what you are worrying about. Explain that you'll need time to learn how to be an awesome mummy on your own, that she has been a great teacher, and that you will have her head wrecked from all the questions.

If she's anything like my Mummy Dearest, she'll be over the moon to feel wanted and valued, but would hate to feel like she is over stepping the mark.

For anyone with a smartphone, I recently discovered a nifty application yoke that lets you read digital editions of books on your phone, seriously a life saver if you're stuck in a waiting room on your own!! Aldiko book reader is a nice free one for android that I'm using, but I think there's a whole bunch of them there on the android market. I got the whole Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series off a friend of mine...I think they might have downloaded it for free off a torrent site somewhere? - very bold yes but I'll not look a gift horse in the mouth! I thought at first that it would be really super annoying to try to read on the tiny screen like that, but it really does beat carting the book around with you, and you'd get used to it fairly quickly! Using the black screen with white writing style on it now and it really helps the glare factor too! :D

I could not live without my eReader! Despite being a geek, I used to be very traditional when it came to books, and put off using one for ages under the assumption that it just wouldn't be the same. But then hubby bought me one for xmas - and I swear it's barely left my sight since. I think it will be great for when baby arrives - I can already see myself breastfeeding with one hand while reading with the other :)

I have started a baby stuff wish list on Amazon and have been adding away from Kashs baby essential thread :)
    You can have seperate wish lists on Amazon & I thought it would be helpful for anyone who wants to get us stuff but also allowing us to get our choices! They can get the items from anywhere as Amazon now allows you to delete stuff you have bought for somewhere elsewhere.
    Thought I would share in case anyone else thinks it would be useful to them :)

• Advertisement

I've actually the opposite problem here no one calls to see the boys at all.. Mil will call if one is sick but other then that we dont see many. Pil and Sil live 6 doors away and never do we get offered help. Now I'm not complaining, cause Id hate to have people interfering but once in a while would be nice. We haven't gotten a congrats on this pregnancy from dhs side at all,all I keep getting is"how are you going to cope with 5" ?? I know in going to cope,I don't need their remarks.

When ds4 was born we got no cards or presents.even for his christening we got nothing sorry rant over !!

Advertisement