Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

JG009 wrote: »
    Shazam says hurricane 1 - just another illusion. Is that it?
    A belated thank you!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

heard a song driving to college on ray darcy this morning. Acoustic guitar and singing interspersed with really bad rapping in a thick dublin accent. Anyone know what it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Rte 2 smiles all round ad. ..whats the song?

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mickeroo wrote: »
    heard a song driving to college on ray darcy this morning. Acoustic guitar and singing interspersed with really bad rapping in a thick dublin accent. Anyone know what it was?
    Could it be Damien Dempsey "Patience"??

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Could it be Damien Dempsey "Patience"??

Nah wasn't Damien Dempsey. Think it was new and the rapper sounded like a kid. It was a band name not a persons name, just can't remember it.

• Advertisement

Right,I have it now :)

Thats the one!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Hi there,

I've got a vague memory of a song in my head that I just can't put my finger on.

Basically it was a kind of comedy song, probably from the 70s or 80s, and it might have been an Irish singer / comedian, I'm not sure.

All I can really remember is that each verse was spoken, and the comedian would get the crowd to sing 'boing' ( like a bell pealing ) at the end of each line. Then he'd sing the chorus on his own.

From what I can remember, it was all very easy-listening and middle of the road. Any ideas?

J.

P.S. Thanks for merging this, can't believe I missed the stickied thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Ah, I finally remember a bit more of the lyric, and the song is actually 'Little Jimmy Brown'. It's been around for decades and even Edith Piaf did a version!

I do think it was a comedy version, so I'll have to go looking for that...

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Hey all,
    So I've heard this song on a few nights out at friends houses. It's a party tune, in some foreign language. As far as I know it's fairly recent and seems to be popular enough. The only song I know that I would compare it to is this......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

13spanner wrote: »
    Hey all,
    So I've heard this song on a few nights out at friends houses. It's a party tune, in some foreign language. As far as I know it's fairly recent and seems to be popular enough. The only song I know that I would compare it to is this......

Long shot, but it might be this

Namlub wrote: »
    Long shot, but it might be this
    ...... That is it :eek: Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

hey guys, lookin for a dance song, its from in and around the time Sash! and ATB were in full swing. i think the video was set in a futuristic train station, and involved someone running with a briefcase, and the setting was very silver/white. it is however, NOT this song

its killin me! i'm listenin to all the classics from back in this time, Sash!'s Ecudor and ATB's 9pm, all choons, but this one song is evading me! any help would be greatly appreciated

Is it this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Plambey wrote: »
    hey guys, lookin for a dance song, its from in and around the time Sash! and ATB were in full swing. i think the video was set in a futuristic train station, and involved someone running with a briefcase, and the setting was very silver/white. it is however, NOT this song

its killin me! i'm listenin to all the classics from back in this time, Sash!'s Ecudor and ATB's 9pm, all choons, but this one song is evading me! any help would be greatly appreciated
    Might be one of these? (If it is, I'm on a roll :pac:)

Namlub wrote: »
    Might be one of these? (If it is, I'm on a roll :pac:)
    ]

daaaaaaaam, so close! it aint them i'm afraid. i hope i havent made up this video in my head! its defo by someone famous enough from back then, abso love that Lasgo song too btw! what is with 90's euro dance and trainstations!

Is it this?

fraid not :( i didnt realise the themes of suitcases and train stations was quite as overused as this in the 90s, it appears my description might match 90% of songs!

Right I've racked my brains long and hard......it's got to be this......

i dont wanna break your heart but.... :(

i dont wanna break your heart but.... :(
    :D I give up so.
    I never noticed how many dance videos had cases and train stations in them,seems to be a recurring theme.

• Advertisement

Actually I'll have one more guess,I can't link the official video off YouTube on my phone for some reason but is it "Sandstorm" by Darude??

Actually I'll have one more guess,I can't link the official video off YouTube on my phone for some reason but is it "Sandstorm" by Darude??

Just what I was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Its probably not this but the video is very white and futuristic.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 olivecath

I heard a song playing over the credits of xpose during the week, I'd never heard it before and tried googling the lyrics but no result. Its song by a female and some of the lyrics I picked up are 'she's skin and bone, tryin' not to let it show, don't want the family to know,CHORUS- put your best foot forward (repeated a few times..)
    Any ideas what this is????
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mick145

I just heard the new Today FM ad and wanted to know what music is playing in the background..

there was one part were Sean Connery was pretending to drive a car in front of a background of the Eiffel tower.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

I could be wrong but is this not the 2fm ad off the tv where Ryan Tubridy is driving a car in front of the Eifel Tower?

If so this is the song

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mick145

Thats the one!! Sound thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thesultan

What's the song in the new Bud add?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Damn 2FM Dee Jays, I wish they would just do their job sometimes and inform their general listeners what music they are actually listening too. This is twice now in the same cafe that 2FM have played this track with no ID at the end. Someone put me out of my misery, who is this band? I cannot remember the lyrics but the chorus goes. "Woah -oho- oho - oo and the chorus melody hook is similar to Becks track Why Dont You, Maybe. In fact its a bit Beckish but more poppier with female vocals too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

thesultan wrote: »
    What's the song in the new Bud add?

Advertisement