Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rayfoley2

Hey all,
    this song is annoying me so much. So any help at all is appreciated.
    There was an advert on RTE over the xmas and new year which had the queen and obama in it and possibly Robbie Keane scoring for ireland also. The year in review maybe??
    Anyways there was a song in the background, sort of a rock or indie type song. I think the lyrics were "when the wheels keep turning, the sun goes down". Im not even sure if this is correct but any help at all is much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cmcgu07

"Lady Gaga- No Way" or "Avril Lavigne- Girlfriend" or "Shontelle- Perfect Nightmare"
    All have 'No Way' parts in their chorus. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Clinton I looked it up there and shontelle's song is the one i heard.I would never have found it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

rayfoley2 wrote: »
    Hey all,
    There was an advert on RTE over the xmas and new year which had the queen and obama in it and possibly Robbie Keane scoring for ireland also. The year in review maybe??
    Anyways there was a song in the background, sort of a rock or indie type song. I think the lyrics were "when the wheels keep turning, the sun goes down". Im not even sure if this is correct but any help at all is much appreciated!

Possibly
    The Sun Goes Down lyrics by Level 42

No thats not it. but thanks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Mazda ad music:
    anyone know what it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Hey there,

I emailed Today fm about this song and they never replied so I'm gonna try here again. :mad:

I was listening to KC at night on Today FM on Monday night and there is a song playing in the background when he is talking.

Its in the listen back section of the website and its Monday's night show, part 2 and the music starts playing at 13.06 in the background. If anyone could tell me what it is I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

http://media.todayfm.com/listenbacks/popup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

rayfoley2 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Is this it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Anyone know the name of the song in this video? I've tried googling some of the lyrics, but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

Does anybody know the name of the background music Sky Sports have on their Spanish football coverage when captions and league tables come up? It starts at 9:40 on this clip.

While I'm at it, I'm also looking for the music which starts at around 2:09 in this clip. Sounds a bit like Massive Attack/Portishead but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks in advance.

FC Kahuna - Hayling in the 2nd video :)

Whats the song on the Budweiser ad? It has something about a festival I think or something?

BEASTERLY wrote: »

You absolute legend!! thanks so much for that!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Heard a song the other day and it had a women singing, it was a remix, electronic kind of song. So the song was probably an older song like 60's maybe? Nancy Sinatra kinda.. and from what I could hear it was "laughter laughter" and thats all I could get :mad:

Driving me up the wall.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

FAAAAAACCCCCCCCCKKKKKK FINALLY :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Anyone know what this is from? I thought it was from a 80s or 90s TV show but I'm not sure.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Hey, does anybody know who sings the song on the new ad for RAW? I know the song is Four Seasons by Crowed House but does anyone know who is covering ot in the ad??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Just heard a song on the radio it sounded like don't fear the reaper (the guitar) by blue oyster cult. It was on today fm (far as I know, thats all they listen to in here) but I could barely hear it. It was played last week as well.

Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Just heard a song on the radio it sounded like don't fear the reaper (the guitar) by blue oyster cult. It was on today fm (far as I know, thats all they listen to in here) but I could barely hear it. It was played last week as well.

Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Rud wrote: »
    matt.finn wrote: »
    FC Kahuna - Hayling in the 2nd video :)

Thank you!:)

Jet Black wrote: »
    Anyone know what this is from? I thought it was from a 80s or 90s TV show but I'm not sure.

Thanks

99.9% certain it's from "Inspector Gadget".

Anybody have a clue what the music that starts at 0:42 here is?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fourteen

this is driving me mad.

mostly because I have so little to go by.

it's a very well known song, though. pretty sure from the 90's, though could be from the early 00's. I can't even say if it's a band or just a solo artist (male) who performs it.

I kind of remember it being like, a summer song. a feel good/laid back song. it's in loads of movies, sitcoms etc.

it's a very catchy guitar tune, you would know it as soon as you heard the intro (unless you're me :)).

ANY ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Can anyone tell me the name of this song?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Does anyone know the name of the piano song that was played at the beginning and towards the end (playing over the end credits) of Colin Murray's documentary last night? Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mikosyko wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the piano song that was played at the beginning and towards the end (playing over the end credits) of Colin Murray's documentary last night? Thank you.
    It was "I Giorni" by Ludovico Einaudi.
    All his stuff is as good or better,well worth checking out his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

99.9% certain it's from "Inspector Gadget".

My first thought was that, all I checked was the intro and thought no its not. But I checked through the soundtrack and its from the show.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

HI folks
    very little to go on here.
    I heard a song on an online streaming service from a playlist of 2011's SXSW festival's music line up.
    I've heard it somewhere else but maybe only once or twice and I cant think where.

The playlists on the service play songs at random from the list and dont show the list. They do show the album covers though....

The cover is a kind of scruffy brown with some kind of scrappy image in the centre (it reminded me a bit of the led zepplin iv cover) the borders of which are like they were hand drawn in thin white line. The letters along the top are transparent blocks letters with the same white line around the edge of each one. (ie its just the border of them and you can see the scrappy brown on the inside of the letters)

The main distinctive thing about the cover was the word along the top was like it was a bit too long and squashed up and had a reversed K about 2/3's or 3/4's of the way along.

Not much I know :o, maybe someone knows the cover
    Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Anyone know the song that was just on Eastenders just b4 phil & dyed haired new crim....chatting in prison in Eastenders..ben and ian where in the scene...havent a clue what they where moaning about..The song...its a chick ..she starts must lyrics with 'Ohhh' ..definately heard it before..maybe a hit in the past?...damm hard to explain maybe I will have to link to an online of the scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

What are the chances, totally by random my song came up again on the playlist!
    Its "How It Ends" by Devotchka, It was in the movie little miss sunshine.

My description of the cover was very bad :rolleyes: !

DeVotchKa_-_How_it_Ends.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Jim_Kiy wrote: »
    Anyone know the song that was just on Eastenders just b4 phil & dyed haired new crim....chatting in prison in Eastenders..ben and ian where in the scene...havent a clue what they where moaning about..The song...its a chick ..she starts must lyrics with 'Ohhh' ..definately heard it before..maybe a hit in the past?...damm hard to explain maybe I will have to link to an online of the scene?

Morcheeba - Way Beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Anybody have a clue what the music that starts at 0:42 here is?

Shazam says hurricane 1 - just another illusion. Is that it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

spurious wrote: »
    Morcheeba - Way Beyond.

Thanks thats it ,,great song...nice to be reminded of it.

Advertisement