Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Had a fab weekend in Dublin.

Beers on Saturday and was joined by a guy for a semi date type thing :D

Republic of Telly filming last night. Laughed so much my sides hurt after.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

EmilyO wrote: »
    I want to donate blood this week but I've a feeling my iron might be too low. I'm awfully tired lately and my hair has been falling out a lot for months now. The last time I went, my haemoglobin levels were at 12, the absolute minimum for donating blood.

I r broken :(

I saw your new clothes in the Latest Purchases thread tomissex, I heart your skirt!

I've aways wanted to give blood bit they won't let me! It's quite annoying :-(

And despite asking plenty of times no one has ever been able to tell me if I can still be an organ donor!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Had steak.

Now a Jammy Dodger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Going to The Muppets in a bit.

Excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Either! I left my wii and man in Ireland :pac:

Yeah it's pretty touch and go with episodes but you can get a good episode or a good moment every now and again so I'll keep it up. Also I have nothing better to do! It's sad cause it would be great except for the stupid network budget cuts.

see thats the thing, its awful for about 80% of every episode, then something cool will happen and make me want to see the next, then its back to 80% or crap characters, whinging, sitting around doing nothing and more whinging. they've been on that bloody farm forever now and the series is half over, move it along! team Shane all the way though, he's the person I'd want with me if a real zombie outbreak happened, not stupidly moral Rick who's hellbent on turning everyone into zombie fodder.

how you getting on in canada btw?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

And despite asking plenty of times no one has ever been able to tell me if I can still be an organ donor!

Oh that sucks, are you anaemic or something?
    That's something I'd love to do as well. Though I'd rather keep my kidneys, they can take what they want when I don't need them anymore. Someone might as well benefit from my life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Gran is back home. Don't know what's going on but it must have been fairly bad if Mam had to bring her out of the nursing home. This is a big mess.

Oh that sucks, are you anaemic or something?
    That's something I'd love to do as well. Though I'd rather keep my kidneys, they can take what they want when I don't need them anymore. Someone might as well benefit from my life :pac:

I was born in Botswana so I'm automatically disqualified. My parents can't either because they lived in Bots for so long!

And I'm fairly sure, if that wasn't enough, that I can't because of a tiny cancer I had as well. I'm not 100% though because I think that only some cancers are disqualification worthy. Not that it can affect me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,966 ✭✭✭cena

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Thanks so much, that would be great! :DEdit: My mam just got a phone call. Gran isn't settling at all so my mam is gone over to the nursing home to see if she can get her to settle. Can't see this working at all. :(

No problem at all. Hope I can get it done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Going to have to get my cv "canada-ified"

As well as that, I plan to start applying for jobs.

You need a "resume" so m'dear, no CV's in Canada! :p The layout is totally different, took me so long to edit mine there.

I feel much better today, thanks everyone. Have had an influx of emails, bookings, "feck the begrudgers!" style support from friends, family, strangers, so it's all good! :)

We got our new carpet and flooring, THREE years I've been dying for this, they look like new rooms.

Getting my hair cut tomorrow, then meeting a lovely boardsie, then home for pancakes! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭MsStroggatrix

Hello everyone :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hello wonderful :)

I was born in Botswana so I'm automatically disqualified. My parents can't either because they lived in Bots for so long!

And I'm fairly sure, if that wasn't enough, that I can't because of a tiny cancer I had as well. I'm not 100% though because I think that only some cancers are disqualification worthy. Not that it can affect me anyway!

Botswana? Class! Actually my parents are the same because they lived in the UK during the mad cow disease outbreak. It's a daft rule that obviously doesn't exist in the UK, or most of the population would be ineligible to donate blood :pac:

Cancer? Oh dear, I hope you're okay now! Jeebus, the only thing that might disqualify me after the iron thing are my piercings :D

My uncle passed away from cancer in October 2010, and he always donated blood regularly so it's something I'd like to perpetuate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Gran is back home. Don't know what's going on but it must have been fairly bad if Mam had to bring her out of the nursing home. This is a big mess.

Hugs Jane, this must be so hard on all of you x

Welcome MsStroggatrix! :)

Time for a shower and a freshly made bed with new sheets! Ahhhh... the simple pleasures in life :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

YAY penis cake...giggle

Hello MsStroggatrix! :D
    Links234 wrote: »
    Hello wonderful :)

N'awwwww! :D
    Lola92 wrote: »
    Hugs Jane, this must be so hard on all of you x

Thanks. Yeah it's tough. I have no idea what's going on at the moment.

Ophiopogon - Penis cake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

I just got told that my interview for management is next Wed!! I'm so excited I could burst!!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I just saw Super Mario easter eggs in my local shopping centre. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    YAY penis cake...giggle
    Pardon me? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

YAY penis cake...giggle

Learning more about Ophi's Monday nights..... :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

YAY penis cake...giggle

*runs over to facebook to go admire penis cake*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

"mmm that white creamy icing"

jaysus it is a penis cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Acoshla wrote: »
    Learning more about Ophi's Monday nights..... :pac::D

Haha gotta get my thrills where I can find them.

Your mother knows her stuff.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Cannot get motivated to study for an exam tomorrow

Botswana? Class! Actually my parents are the same because they lived in the UK during the mad cow disease outbreak. It's a daft rule that obviously doesn't exist in the UK, or most of the population would be ineligible to donate blood :pac:

Cancer? Oh dear, I hope you're okay now! Jeebus, the only thing that might disqualify me after the iron thing are my piercings :D

My uncle passed away from cancer in October 2010, and he always donated blood regularly so it's something I'd like to perpetuate :)

Yup Botswana! Lived there til I was nearly 10! :)

And yea, I'm fine! Happened I was 16 and I was really lucky with it tbh. Only had to have 2 surgeries and and the only real bad thing that I had to suffer was some facial paralysis. If that's the worst that life wants to throw at me I can deal with it! :)

Sorry to hear about your uncle! Fair play to him for donating!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good luck with the interview, boneyarsebogman! :)
    My mam worked in a nursing home for over 25 years and sometimes they would have to bring a new lady in just to have her dinner in the home for a couple of days, then perhaps have a whole day there with her relatives around, work up to spending a night there, then a weekend and then make the permanent move to settle them in with less distress.
    Maybe that's what they might do with your gran. :confused:

It's great she has a family, though. Many ladies were 'left' in my mother's nursing home and the relatives wouldn't even visit for months, no matter how distressed they were told their mother/granny was. :(

She's lucky to have people around her like you, who care so much. :)

Yup Botswana! Lived there til I was nearly 10! :)

And yea, I'm fine! Happened I was 16 and I was really lucky with it tbh. Only had to have 2 surgeries and and the only real bad thing that I had to suffer was some facial paralysis. If that's the worst that life wants to throw at me I can deal with it! :)

Sorry to hear about your uncle! Fair play to him for donating!

That's awesome! The furthest away I've ever lived is Cavan :D
    Wow you were very lucky really, by comparison to other people!
    Thank you, it was very hard to lose our uncle (quite young as well) but you just have to keep going. At least he's no longer suffering, he was in so much pain. I always like to donate to cancer charity events/collectors etc, one of the lads I work with is doing the Shave or Dye thing with Today FM, he plans to rock a blue mohawk :D

Posy wrote: »
    My mam worked in a nursing home for over 25 years and sometimes they would have to bring a new lady in just to have her dinner in the home for a couple of days, then perhaps have a whole day there with her relatives around, work up to spending a night there, then a weekend and then make the permanent move to settle them in with less distress.
    Maybe that's what they might do with your gran. :confused:

It's great she has a family, though. Many ladies were 'left' in my mother's nursing home and the relatives wouldn't even visit for months, no matter how distressed they were told their mother/granny was. :(

She's lucky to have people around her like you, who care so much. :)

Yeah maybe that's what will happen but right now I don't see it happening because she was so upset and distressed in there. She had no idea what was going on or where she was or why she wasn't at home. Don't know what's going to happen next tbh.

That's awesome! The furthest away I've ever lived is Cavan :D
    Wow you were very lucky really, by comparison to other people!
    Thank you, it was very hard to lose our uncle (quite young as well) but you just have to keep going. At least he's no longer suffering, he was in so much pain. I always like to donate to cancer charity events/collectors etc, one of the lads I work with is doing the Shave or Dye thing with Today FM, he plans to rock a blue mohawk :D

I kind of feel selfish with my experience because of how lucky I was!

I'd love to do something for shave or die but work is kind of stopping me! I'll donate anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

best friend came over we made strawberry nicecream in the magic machine, om nom!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement