Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

From what of read there is no real spoilers for the game and there is multiplayer aspect to the demo too available today if you have an online pass from bf3,if not it's available friday i think

Maybe no major spoilers, but I personally don't want to spoil anything. I mean, from trailers we know Earth is attacked, but I don't even want to watch the set-pieces until I actually have the game. Might bow out of this thread for a while, the temptation to reveal the spoiler tags is too great. :pac:

Only 21 days to go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Maybe no major spoilers, but I personally don't want to spoil anything. I mean, from trailers we know Earth is attacked, but I don't even want to watch the set-pieces until I actually have the game. Might bow out of this thread for a while, the temptation to reveal the spoiler tags is too great. :pac:

Only 21 days to go. :)

I'd be thinking the same as you, might avoid the demo, and play the 1st 2 levels when the game comes out with my imported Shepard.

And avoiding spoiler tags here as difficult as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was planning to skip the SP demo and just play MP but as UFC 3 is out Friday, I won't be playing the demo much so gonna give the SP a lash, renegade femshep to mix things up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just a heads up for those thinking about playing the demo, it starts out with the beginning of the game, then after that sequence skips ahead to later in a game where you are level 12. So I turned it off then to avoid spoilers.

You will know the point I'm, talking about as mass effect 3 comes up on screen.

Wasn't impressed with the multiplayer at all really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So my minor knee surgery happens to coincide with the release of ME3, which means i'll be forced to stay on the couch and play it all week.

Aww-yeah-meme.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BF3 players get the MP beta

http://blogs.battlefield.com/age-gate.php

if this page ever loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Kiith wrote: »
    So my minor knee surgery happens to coincide with the release of ME3, which means i'll be forced to stay on the couch and play it all week.

Aww-yeah-meme.png

I was going to play Mass Effect 3 also, then I took an arrow to the knee.

(gets coat)

Noopti wrote: »
    I was going to play Mass Effect 3 also, then I took an arrow to the knee.

(gets coat)

skyrim_197837_3024183.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

still no sign of the pc demo?

No sign of it on psn either!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just found it.. ffs :/

its on Origin (EA's version of Steam)
    click store, free games
    and there 'tis :) 2.1gig of awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I myself am holding off. I hate playing demos of games that you can't wait to play in full.

I hope they've fixed a few things, the EA log in (I'm on PC and Steam). It really bugged me having to wait for it to say it couldn't connect to the server, then wait for a log in screen, wait to get back to the resume page. Those three sequences annoyed me no end, it used to take forever (even though I was logged into Origin). Another small point was not being able to use the tab button when logging into my EA account. That got me every single time.

One last niggly point, I hope they've haven't done any major changes with the controls. The difference between ME and ME2 confused me no end. Shep kept doing the wrong thing, ended up having to change the default ME2 controls to that of ME. It really bugged me that the journal shortcut was taken away.

Anyway, roll on March! I have no idea what is going to happen (apart from Earth being attacked, why oh why I did I read one of the above posts). Can't wait to see if Kaiden will grow up and stop guilt tripping me for dying on him and will Jacob and I have that drink on the citadel?!

Oh the big thing I want to know if what decisions I made will come back to haunt me. Will I regret saving the Rachini queen, will a cure for the genophage be found? Or has that prothean artifact that I only noticed sitting on my desk any significance?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I pre-ordered ME3 from Game Stop. I see now that if I had pre-ordered it on Origin I would have gotten a free copy of Battlefield 3, dammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

The controller recognition that was in ME2 isn't present in the demo so I had to use xpadder :(.

Apart from that the music really helps set the scene. Hope it continues to be as brilliant as at the start.

Downloaded it and said I would just do the first mission and the try the multiplayer.

The multiplayer is just terrible, even if they improve it, I can't see myself going near it. Its just pure bland.

I won't comment on the first mission, just to say that I hope it improves, and I think it will hence why I still plan on buying this.

Graphically, looks exactly like ME2 & plays exactly like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Well that was the most thoroughly underwhelming demo ever.

I remember when Mass Effect was released, I thought it looked cool and was tempted after KOTOR, but I read one or two reviews that weren't so positive and decided to hold off. Then my brother's bought it for me for my birthday. I can still remember how epic and cinematic that first mission was, the Reaper attack on Eden Prime was straight out of the best sci-fi.

Same for ME2, while I didn't appreciate the stripping down of the role playing elements, the story started out in an equally memorable fashion.

This one, well, the attack that has been promised since the first game was a little "meh". There are a few sombre moments but it lacked the impact I was hoping it would have. Maybe it felt a little too rushed?

I'll still buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Dragon Age: Origins was the last good bioware game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I must say I really enjoyed the demo, even the first level - while a little run of the mill and easy did have an emotional impact on me. I finished it thinking "I want to wipe those reapers out".

Also graphically it does look better than ME2 to me - the biggest difference I noticed was with the characters faces (especially Ashley who no longer looks like a reanimated corpse).

I also loved the music. Roll on March 9th.

Noopti wrote: »
    Also graphically it does look better than ME2 to me - the biggest difference I noticed was with the characters faces (especially Ashley who no longer looks like a reanimated corpse).

Ashley did look great, but Shepard and Anderson looked terrible I thought, especially the uniforms they had on. Textures were really bad.

I just hope it's down to the demo having really low textures.

Freeze, play the 2nd level of the demo...go on.....you know you want to :D

Did it come out on PSN yet? I couldn't wait up any longer for it last night, f*cking sony!

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Freeze, play the 2nd level of the demo...go on.....you know you want to :D

No, I thought playing the intro would be sound, the same as playing if from the start anyways when I get it...No real spoilers in it, bar setting the scene, which I thought was lame for the same reasons super_furry stated above.
    How can people still not believe Shepard and be totally unprepared for the attack?

Pretty underwhelming intro anyways compare to ME1 and ME2.

The MP though is abysmal, it just shows how bad the combat in these games really is, that is doesn't stand up when the game is stripped down to just it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

where's the best to preorder.

Just bought bf3 yesterday and have yet to download it so I could get a refund off ea at this point, I can't find any reference of the bf3 offer on origin site.

Varik wrote: »
    where's the best to preorder.

Just bought bf3 yesterday and have yet to download it so I could get a refund off ea at this point, I can't find any reference of the bf3 offer on origin site.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.me3

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    How can people still not believe Shepard and be totally unprepared for the attack?
    My take on that was in ME1, Sovereign was just one ship, people didn't know it was a Reaper. Then in ME2, Shepard was working for Cerberus, who the Alliance have no reason to trust, so they might not take his word on the fact that the Reapers are the massive threat they obviously are

. Like Anderson said in the demo, its all just words and reports to them, Shepard and his crew are the only ones who've actually experienced the Reaper threat first hand. Also, the Earth council guys seemed really surprised that the Reapers had reached Earth so fast without tripping any alarms, as it were.

^ Ya, I understood all that fine, I just thought it was rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

^ Ha, fair enough!
    If anyone fancies a cool book version of the Reaper idea, the Revelation Space books by Alastair Reynolds are AMAZING

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

The demo completely ignores the whole point of the Arrival DLC. At the end of that you
    detonate the mass relay, killing over 300,000 Batarians but delaying the arrival of the Reapers so mankind can prepare.
    Which had no point since they still don't believe the Reapers are coming. Maybe Shepherd just
    doesn't like Batarians...

^ maybe more will be explained after the intro about what happened between ME2, its DLC and the start of ME3, cause at the moment, they appear to be ignoring quite a few important points alrite for the sake of a stat reset excuse.
    I just find it impossible to believe that Shepard would be sat at a desk after being removed from active duty, instead of going rogue to do something about the imminent reaper attack

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

is there any way of using a controller with the demo on pc, im not mouse and keyboard bashing but i just prefer using a controller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

is there any way of using a controller with the demo on pc, im not mouse and keyboard bashing but i just prefer using a controller
    Apparently Bioware are pretty backward/asshattery about this, none of their games (including the demo) support a gamepad.
    It's crazy. And stupid.

Advertisement