Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Well hello there ladies (and krudler) :cool:

192703.PNG

Was so busy yesterday, didn't get home til 9... thankfully today is a lot calmer so I'm going home early! Gonna cook rib-eye steak & chips, some red wine would go very nicely with that I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

18374.jpeg

Not long now, my love.

Someone would have to put a gun to my head to get married in the first place...if someone manages it though, I'm totally wearing this wedding dress just to get them back.

Here comes come the bride...dressed as a tampon.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Girls - a question for y'all with OH's.

Would you let him organise your wedding in "don't tell the bride" style (not on tv now, just hypothetically)?

Nope but only cause i wouldnt want to miss out on the planning :) not that he wouldnt be great at it :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Would you let him organise your wedding in "don't tell the bride" style (not on tv now, just hypothetically)?

He’s far too sensible, there’s no way they’d pick my boyfriend for that programme! He’s too good at budgeting etc, they want someone who will blow most of the budget on the stag night and then have nothing left for the reception, because that’s what makes good TV!

I still laugh when I think of the guy who made his bride skydive into the wedding :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

MsAllybear wrote: »
    got flirty texts from fella last night trying to cheer me up and inviting me over for hot coc

Nothing like a bit of hot coc on Valentine's Day...

• Advertisement

I think it might be fun! Not a big wedding person anyway so I'd be intrigued to see what I came up with :) The only thing I'd insist on is choosing my own dress.

I thought this surprise wedding was really sweet actually!

http://jamiedelaineblog.com/post/10170/milner-chapel-wedding-amandajames/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Foux, you look radiant in your beautiful wedding gown. :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

bubblefett wrote: »
    I've lost half a stone!!!!!!!!!
    That means I've gone from 13stone at the start of the year, to 12.2
    I'm so happy, my weight was really getting me down. At least now I can see improvements :) Yeay!

I found it for Ya!! Lemme know when you want it back, m'kay? :p. (but since I'm 6 months preggers, its all all right) Seriously, Congrats by the way :)
    Novella wrote: »
    Couldn't move in my hall this morning with all the cards. :pac:
    You think thats bad, I'm still clearing out the hall from last years ones

Totally would. I'd be up for a laugh. I'd imagine he would pick Vegas or something. But I'd be no good because I wouldnt care really - they'd want a bride to have a meltdown for better telly.
    Fishie wrote: »
    He’s far too sensible, there’s no way they’d pick my boyfriend for that programme! He’s too good at budgeting etc, they want someone who will blow most of the budget on the stag night and then have nothing left for the reception, because that’s what makes good TV!

I still laugh when I think of the guy who made his bride skydive into the wedding :D

My bloke would totally make me skydive or something! Or get married underwater, or somewhere that makeup and hair would be totally destroyed. Guaranteed.

Roses are red, but there are also pink, white and yellow varieties,
    Violets aren't blue, they're violet, hence the name,
    I've got OCD
    And my poetry skills are also lacking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i wrote a pedantic version when i was about 12
    it wasn't addressed to anyone, but the roses are red thing annoyed me

roses arent always red,
    violets arent really blue,
    honey is sweeter than sugar
    but nothing is sweeter than you

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    I have a gun,
    Get in the van.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i love the bash.org one
    it's blocked at work
    something about a rake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I am my own personal Valentine's brigade, spreading the love.

My friend put up his I hate the day Facebook status and we have a funny row which resulted in me getting him to buy a card and chocolate for our friend :D She is in a distance relationship too and it gets her down so forcing someone to buy her a Valentine and spend time with her is the least I can do :pac:

I am great at Roses are red poems, love sticking them in cards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

Edit: Don't like watching WWE with bf and my brother... Not liking all the "oh I woudn't mind that position" or "pull the top down lower girl" when the Divas are on. :rolleyes: Makes me feel a bit bleugh considering I'll never look like any of them, not in a million years.

I've met a few of the WWE divas and lets just say there's a lot of plastered on makeup involved in their appearance,fit they are but its all fake tans, fake hair, fake everything, hottest one ever was Stacey Keibler though, nommm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

What was sooo cool about the cat :-)?

He was just particularly likeable. Seemed like he'd be a great pet to have. <pines>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hBHAn.png

Also, if I was getting married, I'm not wearing white! It'll be red or purple. :pac:

i want a blue dress if i do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

In the spirit of Valentines Day, I'm going to take myself for a romantic walk to the kitchen and stroke my arm lovingly as I eat a sandwich made by me for myself with the utmost consideration.

:cool:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Roses are red,
    Violets are red,
    Everything's red -
    Retinal haemorrhage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    oh no I've mistaken my Vaseline for glue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I got sent a Chocolate Heart "anonymously" by my best friend in college - ironically, already broken.... :P
    http://yfrog.com/kl8p4eaj
    Happy Love Day Ladies (and the few gents!) - my brain is completely melted from Old Irish, and I'm sicker than a small hospital, but I'm happy out :)

I want an ivory wedding dress, fire red hair and no guests at my wedding.
    The more I think about it, the more appealing eloping sounds

edit: http://weddings-plaza.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/red-haired-brides-makeup.jpg

love her hair

bluewolf wrote: »
    i want a blue dress if i do

Tardis blue! :D

And a Dalek cake!

9ad8df10-8c66-4ca0-9213-b5db795b35c2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I want an ivory wedding dress, fire red hair and no guests at my wedding.
    The more I think about it, the more appealing eloping sounds

A girl I worked with years ago went on "holidays" to Las Vegas with her boyfriend. They got married over there (they had it all planned but had told no one, cos they knew if they did, people would want to come with them) and their honeymoon was a roadtrip all around the southwest of the US. Then when they came home, they had a laid back party for all their friends and family. It sounded cool.

My dress was champagne. My something blue was my knickers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Vodka is cheaper
    than dinner for two

i also wouldnt object to a white dress with a big blue sash kinda thing

i approve of the dr who cake though
    ill ask acoshla :D

Oooh, this dress is awesome! :D

dress_09.jpg

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk1bnmbaSF1qirjhxo1_400.jpg

hahah would love that as a wedding cake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Roses are red,