Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I think Bianca's kids are pretty central and have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,241 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Posy wrote: »
    I don't know if Phil's leaving (hope he is..) but I loved seeing him get his comeuppance, hehe. :D

Soaps often don't know what to do with kids. You'll see the parents wheeling a buggy from time to time for a year or two. After that, they're usually 'at daycare,' then you see a few shots of them in a school uniform from time to time. Then they're just sent upstairs from the age of 6-12. Occasionally wheeled out for the odd 'first kiss' and becoming an adolescent/stroppy teen storylines only for them to change the actor so they can skip 14-18 and go straight into more 'mature' storylines while being played by an actor who's at least 25.

Poor Amy is always missing and left alone :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Poor Amy is always missing and left alone :p
    Well, Tracey from Corrie had to spend about a decade playing quietly in her room so maybe that's what she does to Amy.
    Actually being sent upstairs and ignored for ten years might be why Tracey is now a little 'odd.'

At least Bianca's kids are allowed downstairs!

EastEnders bosses have announced that Mandy Salter's mother Lorraine will be returning to Albert Square next month.

Former Bad Girls star Victoria Alcock has been cast in the role of Lorraine, who turns up in Walford after receiving a message from scheming Lucy Beale.

Lucy (Hetti Bywater) gets suspicious in upcoming episodes when she catches Mandy sending secret texts and pawning a bracelet that Ian (Adam Woodyatt) has bought her to send the money to someone.

The mischievous teenager decides that Mandy (Nicola Stapleton) must be having an affair, so she gets hold of the number and arranges to meet the 'mystery man' on the Square.

However, Lucy is soon left stunned when she realises that there is no secret admirer - and she has inadvertently brought Mandy's mother to Walford.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Hang on. Friday night Ben admits to grassing hil up in the Arches. Now tonight he deies it and J believes him. What am I missing???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,765 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

This psycho Ben storyline is just ridiculous. :mad:

Hang on. Friday night Ben admits to grassing hil up in the Arches. Now tonight he deies it and J believes him. What am I missing???

Wait for it Abi tells Jay it was Ben

Wait for it Abi tells Jay it was Ben
    But Ben's already told him in the Arches in front of Shirley and J.....:mad:

What did Ben THINK would happen?!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

He's slow god bless him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

But Ben's already told him in the Arches in front of Shirley and J.....:mad:

ya doesnt make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i think he genuinely believed they would take his side against phil's, how? i really don't know.

Shirley sign him up for dance classes and Jay plant a kiss on him :p

Kaching wrote: »
    He's slow god bless him
    I cannot believe how genuinely shocked he was to have been disowned by the family!
    Deluded or what??! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Not liking the ben story myself...or maybe its just ben himself i dont like. I cant really decide, all i know is something just doesnt feel roight about it all.
    Also did anyone notice at the end of the arches episode where phil got arrested that the camera was focusing on bed for ages at the end and he was making the stupidest face, smiling/frowning....it was as if he wasnt sure when the scene was over. Ridiculous looking. And then it dawned on me that he looked so strange because i dont think iv ever seen him smiling. Judging by his rabbit like teeth its no wonder producers prefer for him to be scowling all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Not liking the ben story myself...or maybe its just ben himself i dont like. I cant really decide, all i know is something just doesnt feel roight about it all.
    Also did anyone notice at the end of the arches episode where phil got arrested that the camera was focusing on bed for ages at the end and he was making the stupidest face, smiling/frowning....it was as if he wasnt sure when the scene was over. Ridiculous looking. And then it dawned on me that he looked so strange because i dont think iv ever seen him smiling. Judging by his rabbit like teeth its no wonder producers prefer for him to be scowling all the time

I know the look on his face I thought he was constipated haha, it reminded me of the scene in the Adams family movie when Wednesday tries to smile and pulls the most awkward face

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I think the bloke who plays Ben is a DREADFUL actor!! Even worse than some of the Fair City actors! That scene where he pulled those faces you referred to qwertytlk, were horrendous! I don't like the storyline, but mainly because i think that fella is a dreadful actor.

not to mention an eyesore

bfocusd wrote: »
    I know the look on his face I thought he was constipated haha, it reminded me of the scene in the Adams family movie when Wednesday tries to smile and pulls the most awkward face
    Oh my God, it was exactly like that!! I knew it reminded me of something!! :eek:

Constipated faces are more Shirleys street

• Advertisement

Ray must be sticking around now he is the new cook and barman in the Vic expect to see Kim in there more now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Ray must be sticking around now he is the new cook and barman in the Vic expect to see Kim in there more now :p
    didn't take Ray long to get a job, I really don't want to see the scene when him and Bianca get it on:eek:

Also Alfie sent Ray out to the Bar immediately without a once over on the cash register...:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Am I the only one who likes Ben? I think he is a fairly decent actor.

Better than the last one anyway. I just can't get over how different they made the character after about 4 months.

Better than the last one anyway. I just can't get over how different they made the character after about 4 months.
    It's great when the writers give people personality transplants and think we won't find it's at all odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

eternal wrote: »
    Am I the only one who likes Ben? I think he is a fairly decent actor.

I like him too. He's a typical uncertain and confused teenager and, lets face it, how could he not be like that in a house with Phil/Shirley/Heather etc:eek: Plus whatever abuse he endured when locked up can't have helped either - not to mention being gay!
    I hate the way people slate him for his looks - do you have to look a certain way to be an actor?? Soaps are supposed to reflect real life to some extent and "real" people come in all shapes and sizes and looks.
    Give the kid a chance - he's a pretty good little actor who is starting out in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Ben kills Heather, I love Heather, I'll hate to see her go but Shirley becomes suspicious of Phil thinking he did it, although he does destroy evidence to protect Ben.

Apparently a number of other people also find themselves under suspicion, I hope it doesn't drag out for ages like other who did it storylines!

Isnt Phil in Prison ? how could he murder Heather from prison?

• Advertisement

Kaching wrote: »
    Isnt Phil in Prison ? how could he murder Heather from prison?

Phil is will be out

Phil has always treated Heather like sh*t so I dont get why Shirley expects her to help and be annoyed that Ben shafted Phil :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement