Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bizguy

spurious wrote: »

Many thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Anyone know the piece of background music used in TV3's programme "Irelands Extreme Weather", it is a violin type music. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

this really is a longshot but hoping someone might know!!

A dance song from about maybe 7 years ago - i know it was a european dj, pretty chilled out song but the video had a female dj getting ready for set. So doing make up, dressing up and closing scene is her closing hotel room with her dj gear

Anyone happen to know the name of the song - thanx in advance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

thanx mate :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Anyone know the tune Sky Atlantic are using to promote Cloudstreet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

If anyone could please, please, pleeeeeeeease point me in the direction of an indie-pop sounding song that I think was floating about circa the 90's, very upbeat, quite a fast tempo, little bit of guitar and has the words "Don't stop me nowww, don't stop me nowwww" said fastly and repeated quite a lot (or at least that's what I think they're saying) -it came on at a party I was at last night as we were all zipping out the door into cabs and I forgot to ask what it was and it's been driving me crazy since!

PS: And no, it isn't Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now' I'm thinking of :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KatMcC

flanree wrote: »
    I know Winter Song by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson was originally released 3 years ago but I'm sure I've heard another song out before then with the same melody/phrasing. It's that part at the start of the verse "This is my Winter Song to you...". It's driving me crazy, In know I've heard it before. I think it was faster with a full drum beat behind it. AAAAAAGH!!!! Am I the only one???

I heard this song this morning and immediately thought the same thing and it bothered me all day. I literally got a headache thinking about it, but I finally figured it out.

Could you be thinking of Dashboard Confessional's Ghost of a Good Thing? I haven't listened to Dashboard in years, but the two songs sound remarkably similar in the opening lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

hey guys, i'm looking for help with a dance tune. its pretty old now, but its really famous, i heard it recently but it wasnt in a club and it was being played as if it was an oriental song, just being played on chimes or something. (the cover of it).

the actual song reminds me a lot of Mauro

and maybe has hints of Robert Miles Children. i'd say the song is from a similar era to the Piccotto song. thanks a mil guys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Plambey wrote: »
    hey guys, i'm looking for help with a dance tune. its pretty old now, but its really famous, i heard it recently but it wasnt in a club and it was being played as if it was an oriental song, just being played on chimes or something. (the cover of it).

the actual song reminds me a lot of Mauro

and maybe has hints of Robert Miles Children. i'd say the song is from a similar era to the Piccotto song. thanks a mil guys
    This came into my head straight away for some reason.

I heard a song sounding remarkably similiar to we speak no americano by yolanda be cool in diceys last nite.same genre of music bein remixed (same sounding instruments). in fact you could be mistaken for thinking its a remix of no speak ameriicano initially. the lyrics 'same same' are repeated alot in it, if that narrows it down for anyone. any help finding this song would be appreciated!

?

cambo2008 wrote: »
    This came into my head straight away for some reason.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are a F*CKIN ledgend! not sure how you got it from my description but thank you so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Plambey wrote: »
    you are a F*CKIN ledgend! not sure how you got it from my description but thank you so much!
    No probs,the Picotto version is one of my favourite dance tracks ever.Its called "imperiale".Just posted the other one as its easier to pick up the tune from.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    No probs,the Picotto version is one of my favourite dance tracks ever.Its called "imperiale".Just posted the other one as its easier to pick up the tune from.

what were the odds that picotto had a version and me thinkin it had a hint of komodo about it. both great choons, listenin to imperiale now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Does anybody know the song featured in the new Baileys ad(I think it's Baileys) and I'm sure I've heard it in the Inbetweeners also.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Ok, I need someone to tell me what the name of this song is. It's driving me fucking mental. If you click this link and click on "play" and fast-forward to about 25mins 15secs and it's the song playing in the background.

As an aside, even if you don't know what the song is, maybe you might click on the link, listen to the rest of the story and then be intrigued enough to subscribe to what is possibly the greatest podcast in the world.
    Got it (if anyone's actually interested).

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

resolved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I saw that recently, are you sure it was a cat?

I thought it was an alien or something:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

murph226 wrote: »
    I saw that recently, are you sure it was a cat?

I thought it was an alien or something:confused:

I remember it being a cat, but it was a couple of years ago, so the memory is a little hazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

What's the name of the songs where in the music video they are a band in a perspex box. I think the singer sings incoherently. Also I now that the music was on top gear at one point. They also played the roisin dubh in galway. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Does anybody know the name of the background music Sky Sports have on their Spanish football coverage when captions and league tables come up? It starts at 9:40 on this clip.

While I'm at it, I'm also looking for the music which starts at around 2:09 in this clip. Sounds a bit like Massive Attack/Portishead but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Does anybody know the song that used to be on the ad which was as far as I remember Disneyland Florida ad?

I think it was like Alive Deejay's Better off Alone.

Even if anyone knows where I can find the ad would be great.

In the ad I remember a postman posting a video in a letterbox of somebody's door.

Unfortunately this is all the help I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Don't recognise the song, but it puts me in mind of Boards of Canada, if that's any use.

While I'm at it, I'm also looking for the music which starts at around 2:09 in this clip. Sounds a bit like Massive Attack/Portishead but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks in advance.

Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cmcgu07

I heard a song in the super maket today and it goes "no way no way no way" not much to go on but it sounds a lot like nicole schzeringer and at the start it says someting "you said i was the one and you would never leave me" has anyone any ideas on what it could be? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Sniipe wrote: »
    What's the name of the songs where in the music video they are a band in a perspex box. I think the singer sings incoherently. Also I now that the music was on top gear at one point. They also played the roisin dubh in galway. Thanks.

I remembered the name. Its the Battles "Atlas"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

cmcgu07 wrote: »
    I heard a song in the super maket today and it goes "no way no way no way" not much to go on but it sounds a lot like nicole schzeringer and at the start it says someting "you said i was the one and you would never leave me" has anyone any ideas on what it could be? thanks

"Lady Gaga- No Way" or "Avril Lavigne- Girlfriend" or "Shontelle- Perfect Nightmare"
    All have 'No Way' parts in their chorus. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Hey guys, i saw a music video a few weeks ago on stumble upon and I thought I liked it but I didn't. This is what I can remember from it. The music video was about how helping people in small ways makes the world a better place and will come back to you sometime. Parts I remember are: A boy helping an old lady across the road, A guy buying an additional hotdog for a homeless guy, the homeless guy running after a girl who forgot her mobile and at the end a waiter giving a construction worker a glass of water.

Does anyone have any idea what it is?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Hey guys, i saw a music video a few weeks ago on stumble upon and I thought I liked it but I didn't. This is what I can remember from it. The music video was about how helping people in small ways makes the world a better place and will come back to you sometime. Parts I remember are: A boy helping an old lady across the road, A guy buying an additional hotdog for a homeless guy, the homeless guy running after a girl who forgot her mobile and at the end a waiter giving a construction worker a glass of water.

Does anyone have any idea what it is?

The song is Matisyahu - One day and this is the video:
    Life Vest - Kindness Boomerang.

Advertisement