Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane Concert 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

deadwood wrote: »
    Don't want to jinx it, but there's rumours about Womack & Womack.

supporting who

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

deadwood wrote: »
    Don't want to jinx it, but there's rumours about Womack & Womack.

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Who?

yea I googled them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i've heard it'll be coldplay, anyone else hear this

i've heard it'll be coldplay, anyone else hear this

Weirdly enough i had a dream just before i woke up that they were announced for Slane and since its my birthday it could make sense :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Weirdly enough i had a dream just before i woke up that they were announced for Slane and since its my birthday it could make sense :D:D

Looks like it will be Coldplay!!! Full page article in todays Mirror which seems very confident that they will headline!!!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/music/2012/01/12/coldplay-in-talks-to-headline-slane-2012-115875-23695760/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Looks like it will be Coldplay!!! Full page article in todays Mirror which seems very confident that they will headline!!!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/music/2012/01/12/coldplay-in-talks-to-headline-slane-2012-115875-23695760/

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Great news.

I loved Coldplay when I saw them at Oxegen last year and I still do.

As great as Foo Fighters are too I still reckon Coldplay would sell more tickets for Slane, seen as how their newest album was the biggest selling of 2011 and tickets for their British shows sold out in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

karaokeman wrote: »
    I always thought the reason Metallica couldn't sell out Marlay in 2009 was because they played the year before and both the World Magnetic and European Vacation tours were supporting the same album.

If they only played one date I'd say they could of sold 40,000 tickets but I probably am just getting my hopes up to say they will play Slane.

Maybe just maybe if Ireland is on the cards for the European dates this summer they will do the Phoenix Park.

And yeah the recession probably is a good reason why there will be no Slane.

That would be so cool. Oh and Coldplay are the musical equivalent of Prozac.

http://www.phoenixpark.ie/media/Events2012-1.pdf

have just seen this. There's a gig booked for 5th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

That would be so cool. Oh and Coldplay are the musical equivalent of Prozac.

http://www.phoenixpark.ie/media/Events2012-1.pdf

have just seen this. There's a gig booked for 5th July.

I think that's the Stone Roses...

• Advertisement

I think that's the Stone Roses...

LOL:rolleyes::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

so there seems to be some truth in this after all, Heard it at soccer last night it could be them but as i live near the slane area, theres always a my mother heard from the neighbours cat it could be so and so rumour playing this year, i just taught i'd put it up here and see if anyone heard the same, would'nt be a big fan of coldplay so wont be going if it is them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Heard on Today FM that Coldplay are 'interested' in playing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Roughly around what time is slane on again?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

:mad:

My thoughts too. Their light show gets boring after about 30 minutes and with the exception of a few songs(which theyve usually used up to try and get the crowd going) it becomes very monotonous

My thoughts too. Their light show gets boring after about 30 minutes and with the exception of a few songs(which theyve usually used up to try and get the crowd going) it becomes very monotonous

30 minutes is a long time to get bored of a band:confused:.

That would be a quarter of their show on an average of 2 hours.

Lots of bands I don't like, I would get bored after 3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

30 minutes is a long time to get bored of a band:confused:.

That would be a quarter of their show on an average of 2 hours.

Lots of bands I don't like, I would get bored after 3 minutes.

The light show and beachballs being released into the crowd kept me entertained for a while :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

Could Coldplay sell enough tickets (70k+) to justify playing at Slane? At the end of the day its all about ticket sales.

jpjc05 wrote: »
    Could Coldplay sell enough tickets (70k+) to justify playing at Slane? At the end of the day its all about ticket sales.

I'll be honest, its unlikely but I could be wrong.

I was quite surprised with KOL selling out in 40 minutes.

But maybe the boost from the crowd who attend Slane every year and a great support bill will help them sell it out.

But maybe the boost from the crowd who attend Slane every year and a great support bill will help them sell it out.

Yea i was kinda shocked aswell about KOL selling 80,000 and then selling a further 14,000 for the O2 (i know a lot of people would have gone to both) . I think if the had Coldplay and Snow Patrol on the bill it will sell well imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

Yea i was kinda shocked aswell about KOL selling 80,000 and then selling a further 14,000 for the O2 (i know a lot of people would have gone to both) . I think if the had Coldplay and Snow Patrol on the bill it will sell well imo

Yeah if a strong support, like snow patrol, can be signed up with Coldplay Slane could well sell out. Plus with no oxygen this year there will be a certain cohort interested in going along for the 'experience' and not caring much whose playing.

jpjc05 wrote: »
    Yeah if a strong support, like snow patrol, can be signed up with Coldplay Slane could well sell out. Plus with no oxygen this year there will be a certain cohort interested in going along for the 'experience' and not caring much whose playing.

I wish The Strokes were touring now.

Nowadays you can see two arena-sized acts supporting the headliner at Slane.

I'd say Coldplay, Snow Patrol and The Strokes would be a sure sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

That would be an awful waste of a Strokes gig. If they do come hopefully its indoor.

nm wrote: »
    That would be an awful waste of a Strokes gig. If they do come hopefully its indoor.

Lol

Slane Castle Facebook
    Thank you guys for your continued interest in the Slane 2012 Concert. I have informed Lord Henry on all of your comments and he is even aware of the newly formed 'Coldplay fo Slane' page.
    I will of course keep you all updated on any further developments regarding the concert.

Thanks a million.
    Rhonda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

So only The Stone Roses and Coldplay have been mentioned by the official facebook page. That says a lot.

Slane Castle Facebook

Get back to her and ask her to put on the Big 4. :D

Get back to her and ask her to put on the Big 4. :D

Nah would'nt waste their time ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse

• Advertisement

Nah would'nt waste their time ;)

Do you know something the rest of us don't?? :eek::confused: