Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Best of luck with post Christmas WIs everyone. It probably won't be as bad as you are expecting (certainly wasn't for me!) but even if it is, or if it is worse than you expected just put it to one side.

Christmas is the most indulgent time of the year, it's hard to lose weight when temptation is all around. Just keep focused and onwards and downwards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Have my post christmas WI 2moro evening, not looking forward to it at all, didnt track at all over the christmas so it can only be bad.
    not going to let it get me down tho, just going to work on it and get it all back of again. fingers crossed damage wont be to bad tho!!!

messrs wrote: »
    Have my post christmas WI 2moro evening, not looking forward to it at all, didnt track at all over the christmas so it can only be bad.
    not going to let it get me down tho, just going to work on it and get it all back of again. fingers crossed damage wont be to bad tho!!!

I did not do one day of tracking from my last christmas meeting to the one this morning and I lost .5. I think that subconsciously WW has infiltrated my mind! Before when I would have biscuits/sweets at christmas, I would have probably polished off the tin myself (literally eating until I felt physically sick :( ) This year I ate enough to satisfy my craving.... still massively pigged out but compared to other years I suppose it was an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi all

Back again!! ;)

Need advice on two things if any one could help me?

1) Looking for the best free WW app??

2) Recipe/link to make a ww friendly curry sauce (with no tomatoes inc if possible)

Thanks to any1 who can help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

foundry wrote: »
    Hi all

Back again!! ;)

2) Recipe/link to make a ww friendly curry sauce (with no tomatoes inc if possible)

Can't help with the curry but the app iwatcher is 79c and worth every cent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

I was up 2 at my post Christmas weigh in this morning!! Not bad considering I missed the last week before Xmas!! 2 pounds is doable.....looking forward now to the next few weeks, hoping to lose the 2 and a few more for good measure.. 13 weeks to valentines!!!! I can do 7 pounds by then... Looking forward to the new changes in the program too..

Can't help with the curry but the app iwatcher is 79c and worth every cent!

+1 for iwatcher. I also use targetweight (think it's free) just to track my weight losses each week.

Hi all

Back again!! ;)

This isn't really what you're looking for but this recipe is from WW's seriously satisifying, might give you an idea.

Curried Rice and Chicken
    Pro points per recipie - 43 Serves 4.
    Pro points per serving - 11
    low fat cooking spray
    1 large onion
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 tblspoon curry powder
    400ml chicken stock
    125g hot basmati rice
    200g cauliflower florets
    4 x 110g skinless chicken drumsticks
    4 x 110g skinless chicken thighs (bone in)
    coriander leaves

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
    Spray a large non stick frying pan with cooking spray and heat until hot. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes until softened, adding water if it sticks. Stir in the garlic and curry powder and cook for a minutes. Add stock and stir.
    Place rice, cauliflower in bottom of oven proof dish. Pour over stock + onions, stir.
    Rinse and dry the frying pan, spray with cooking spray until hot, add chicken and brown all over. Add chicken to dish, nestling down into rice. Cover with foil and bake for an hour. After an hour, check the rice. If it is still sliightly crunchy, cover again and cook for another 15 mins. Scatter coriander over to serve.

If anyone wants more recipes from the book just post up here and I can take it from the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Hopping on the post-Christmas bandwagon :D

It's almost a year since I joined for the first time, and haven't been to a meeting in months. I kept the majority of the weight off until October when I went to Italy and then what with exams and Christmas I'd say I'm right back where I was this time last year.

Was meant to go to my meeting tonight but I stayed in my mams for another night (first big mistake, as long as I'm still here it's still Christmas for both of us :P ) so I'll get stuck in with both feet tomorrow and re-join next Monday.

Starting my new job next Tuesday (eeeeeeekkk!!) so new year, new job, new start. Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Didn't track almost for almost all of the 2 weeks over christmas and managed to lose 3.5 pounds, got my 7pound star sticker too, was surprised to say the least!! Like others have said, WW must be subconciously starting to ingrain in my mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

So I went back tonight and had put on a little over a stone in the 9 months I've been away. But i got such a nice surprise, my old leader from 3 years ago was still at the meeting i went to today and she recognised me straight away (without even looking at my card) and gave me such a great welcome back that it made me feel wonderful even though i weighed more than I was expecting and had a really bad day in work. she was the best leader I ever had and got me the closest to goal I'd ever been (half a pound away). A good leader really makes the world of difference.

I'm so much more motivated know and ready to get straight stuck in tomorrow. have my food planned out for the day and everything. Will more than likely become a regular poster!

Well done to all who have already had a post xmas WI and good luck to those who have it coming up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

joined back tonight and was 21st 3.5lbs :mad:

only way is down from here watch me go

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Jaysus I'm starving!..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

LinK3 wrote: »
    I was up 2 at my post Christmas weigh in this morning!! Not bad considering I missed the last week before Xmas!! 2 pounds is doable.....looking forward now to the next few weeks, hoping to lose the 2 and a few more for good measure.. 13 weeks to valentines!!!! I can do 7 pounds by then... Looking forward to the new changes in the program too..

What are the changes link3?

What are the changes link3?

Members who would normally start off on 29 points will now be on 26 points (doesn't apply to existing members but you can follow this if you want)

They are bringing in simply filling days - you don't have to track, you can have anything you want as long as it is a simply filling food (green foods in the purple guide). Think this is great, have done simply filling before and by the end of the week I was really struggling! At least you can take it or leave it this way.

Also they have released guidelines on how many points you should have for brekkie, lunch, dinner etc. based on a daily allowance of 26 pp.

We also got a 7 day meal planner with the meals done out for us.

joined back tonight and was 21st 3.5lbs :mad:

only way is down from here watch me go

Onwards and downwards. Take it one pound at a time! Set mini goals for yourself and you will be flying x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

Happy New Year all :-)

Uh-oh! didn't go to WW last night. Wanted an extra week to be good this week before assessing the Christmas damage. Relieved to be eating healthily again I have to say. I think I want all the bad stuff but when I overdo it I feel like crap. So if anything, I'm taking this splurge as a positive! I dread to think what i put on but I lost it before and I can lose it again.

Just wondering will i get these new guidelines next week when I go? Or have I lost out because I missed this weeks meeting? the changes sound interesting, looking forward to it :-)

Happy New Year all :-)

Uh-oh! didn't go to WW last night. Wanted an extra week to be good this week before assessing the Christmas damage. Relieved to be eating healthily again I have to say. I think I want all the bad stuff but when I overdo it I feel like crap. So if anything, I'm taking this splurge as a positive! I dread to think what i put on but I lost it before and I can lose it again.

Just wondering will i get these new guidelines next week when I go? Or have I lost out because I missed this weeks meeting? the changes sound interesting, looking forward to it :-)

Not too sure! We got a booklet called Healthy Start Week one and we will be getting booklets for the next three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi all

Back again!! ;)

I use WW Diary. It's brilliant and free :) It has an activity PP calculator and a tracker and it also tracks your weight, your water/veg/dairy and alcohol intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Just home from first WI in months, up 1 stone 2 pounds since I was last there :o. Felt awful but getting stuck into it now. Sitting here planning my food for the week, basing it on the kick start booklet they handed out at the meeting. Hope to see a positive result next week! Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm actually really excited about my meeting tonight :eek:

And I'm going to be up. Perhaps I've finally lost it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Here goes!!!!

First class back tonight, going with my sis....I was doing really well and was 5lb off my goal the last time (just over a year ago) and was laughing all the way to the size 10 clothes rack when I got ill and couldn't exercise or anything.... downhill from there. Too much Jeremy Kyle and sausage rolls and feeling sorry for myself. I would say in the past year I have put up at least 2 and a half stone... Im feckin ragin with meself... but I'm back on both feet now and I am determined...

I will be relying on all you folks for support... yas were so good the last time! This for me is much better than the meetings could ever be!!!

Have at least 2.5 stone to lose..... fingers crossed....

I have downloaded a points calculator on android apps just wondering if anyone else finds any other apps on android good???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I haven't been here in a few weeks as I haven't really been following the plan. Between exams and Christmas I have put on nearly 6lbs :o I drawing a line under it and I'm starting afresh. I've decided to do it by myself for a while as I don't want to waste money like I did last year. I weighed myself this morning and I was down 1.5lbs from last week :)

Well done to everyone who had losses and to those who had gains you can draw a line over the holiday period and look ahead to the new year. I have a ball coming up this year and I'm going on a sun holiday in June so I'm focusing on those. Its my first sun aka bikini holiday in years so I'm really nervous about it. For those of you starting out its good to focus on these type of events to help you stay on track :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

hi all, have been following your posts over the past few months, I,m a gold member with about half a stone to get back to goal but have been messing before christmas up a lb here down same and so on but am back on track now and heading back to class tomorrow to face the music. is anyone else struggling with the same half stone that seems to be well stuck. anyway wish me luck for the weigh in and well done to everyone who actually had a good result i admire you guys

Ah girls I am really looking forward to my class now... I can't wait to get back on the bandwagon and share all the success you are having....

Eabhabear - well done on your weight loss.... I know I wouldn't have the guts to do it on my own coz I would keep lying to myself... I need the classes for that.... but jesus to have the determination to lose weight over christmas ESPECIALLY doing it on your own... fair play!!!! :):):)

FYI!!!! just saw on the Aldi website that from tomorrow they are having a special on lots of WW food items. Bagels, sauces, wraps, snacks..... I shall be hitting there in spots in the morning!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ali85 wrote: »
    FYI!!!! just saw on the Aldi website that from tomorrow they are having a special on lots of WW food items. Bagels, sauces, wraps, snacks..... I shall be hitting there in spots in the morning!! :)

Lidl were doing a special on the sauces yesterday - picked up a few there. But if there is other stuff in Aldi must check it out!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well I'll be a monkey's father's brother.

I stayed the same!

This is unprecedented for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

I stayed the same too. I was really expecting to be up. :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

went back tonight and was expecting it to be very bad but wasnt that bad at all, was only up half pound so am happy enough with that, time to start working on getting it and more along with it of now.
    my niece asked me to sponser her for her confirmation and its in March so i have 9 weeks to get down as much weight as possible.
    spoke with my leader and said i should set a goal of 9lb - so 1lb per week.
    that should be doable enought - shouldnt it??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement