Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Hello holidays <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Finished tomorrow.. Can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Two weeks off, and no homework :)

2 weeks of food, movies, music and generally being lazy. YES.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Applied Maths test finished tonight. Delighted with it in the end. Ended up answering everything despite my panicking this afternoon that I wouldn't be able to when I realised starting studying at 3.30 for a test at 6, while fitting in dinner there as well, was a bad idea.

Now, everything is done. Sweet freedom!!!
    freedom222.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Anyone got any mind-blowing plans for the next two weeks? Or any plans at all?

I have a date with Skyrim

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

MGMTea wrote: »
    I have a date with Skyrim

Meh, I've played it too much..(level 50) Gets kinda boring after a while. I'll have to create a new character soon though!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Food + Sleep = :D
    :D + Applied Maths HW =:mad: followed by :confused: followed by :( followed by :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Hi everyone, I've lurked here a bit but haven't posted yet.

:)

• Advertisement

0mega wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I've lurked here a bit but haven't posted yet.

:)

Hello :D *waves*

So what subjects do you do..?
    Are you enjoying 5th year...?
    Do you like school.....?
    Are you awesome....?
    Isn't this Thread awesome......?

And finally WELCOME!!!!

We may just be an odd bunch but we are nice peoples, honest*

*most of the time anyway...

decisions wrote: »
    Hello :D *waves*

So what subjects do you do..?
    Are you enjoying 5th year...?
    Do you like school.....?
    Are you awesome....?
    Isn't this Thread awesome......?

And finally WELCOME!!!!

We may just be an odd bunch but we are nice peoples, honest*

*most of the time anyway...

Hey! :D

I do Bio, Chem, Span and History.
    Yeah, 5th year so far is pretty good actually! Not really as tough as I was expecting either (aside from Maths and Irish)
    I do actually, I'll be sad to leave it! :pac:
    Yes. :cool:

Thanks for the welcome. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I intend to chill with the family. It's rare for there to be more than four of us in the same country, never mind the same house. Maybe DJ a party or two (anyone need a DJ for New Years?), probably throw in some Skyrim, maybe get some work on that new mixtape done, but no serious plans.

Hey! :D

I do Bio, Chem, Span and History.
    Yeah, 5th year so far is pretty good actually! Not really as tough as I was expecting either (aside from Maths and Irish)
    I do actually, I'll be sad to leave it! :pac:

Thanks for the welcome. :)

HL Maths and irish..?

HL Maths and irish..?

Yeah. :p

I really do not like project maths :pac:

What subjects do you do? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I really do not like project maths :pac:

Couldn't be any more correct there!:rolleyes:

Eng H
    Iri O
    Mat H
    Fre H
    Eco H
    Phy H
    ApM H

Yeh Maths can be a bítch.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 93 ✭✭smurphy11

Eng H
    Iri O
    Mat H
    Fre H
    Eco H
    Phy H
    ApM H

Yeh Maths can be a bítch.

hey man just out of interest where do you go to school, and how big is it, just cos my school has 800 students and still doesnt offer economics or applied maths which i think just isnt adequate:D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

Finally got all my exams back:

Maths A1
    English A2
    Irish A1
    French A1
    Biology A1
    History A1
    Music B1
    Applied Maths A1
    Japanese A1

Got 100 in Japanese, French and Irish. Japanese and French were fair enough - most of the questions were 'you're either right or wrong' types like - but I think my Irish teacher (who's been out for the last month) marked too easily; there's no way a) I deserved 100 and b) anyone should be given 100 in 5th Yr HL Irish...A few people got unexpectedly high marks :/ I haven't seen the exam script yet, but I can guarantee you it was riddled with grammatical errors that I should have been deducted for...I mean, aside from the fact that 90% of my 3 pages on An Triail were made up!

Otherwise, I'm just hoping I can keep this up til June 2013 ^_^ Especially Maths...125 points for an A1 is delish, no? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Never posted here before.

5th year is graaand, was expecting to be pretty traumatised already. I do the normal three, Home ec,Spanish,business,biology,geography! Business being my favourite, maths being my least!

• Advertisement

MegGustaa wrote: »
    Finally got all my exams back:

Maths A1
    English A2
    Irish A1
    French A1
    Biology A1
    History A1
    Music B1
    Applied Maths A1
    Japanese A1

Got 100 in Japanese, French and Irish. Japanese and French were fair enough - most of the questions were 'you're either right or wrong' types like - but I think my Irish teacher (who's been out for the last month) marked too easily; there's no way a) I deserved 100 and b) anyone should be given 100 in 5th Yr HL Irish...A few people got unexpectedly high marks :/ I haven't seen the exam script yet, but I can guarantee you it was riddled with grammatical errors that I should have been deducted for...I mean, aside from the fact that 90% of my 3 pages on An Triail were made up!

Otherwise, I'm just hoping I can keep this up til June 2013 ^_^ Especially Maths...125 points for an A1 is delish, no? :P

Wow.. :eek:

Well done, I wish I'd done that well in my exams!

smurphy11 wrote: »
    hey man just out of interest where do you go to school, and how big is it, just cos my school has 800 students and still doesnt offer economics or applied maths which i think just isnt adequate:D

Same size school give or take, all girls, north Dublin.

You are annoyingly clever you know that..?

Does anyone know what three texts they're doing for comparative yet? We've done How Many Miles To Babylon? by Jennifer Johnston and The Constant Gardener (film), though we have yet to do any comparison between them :P, and our third text is possibly going to be Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. I'd die of happiness if it were, I love that book!

How much have you all done in English so far, actually? We've read and done a couple of questions on Macbeth (it was the first thing we did), and we've covered Plath, as well as two comp. texts and an assortment of comprehensions, a monthly composition essay, and a couple of unseen poems. Because the English course isn't as clear-cut and sequential as, say, Biology, it's hard to know what the pace is supposed to be like :P

Yeah but I'm basically Hermione Granger too, in terms of general nerdiness/not having much of a life, which sort of compensates for that :P

My English teacher is a spa of the highest order.

So far we have done Wordsworth, Bishop and read Gatsby. We have to vague as hell answers on the poets and that's it, I think we have had about 5 pieces of HW all year...

Yeah but I'm basically Hermione Granger too, in terms of general nerdiness/not having much of a life, which sort of compensates for that :P

You sound like the kinda person I('m constantly told I) could be if I wasn't a lazy git. You also sound awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

+1

Goddamnit, Meg, I don't like it when people on the internet are so much smarter than me :L

You sound like the kinda person I('m constantly told I) could be if I wasn't a lazy git. You also sound awesome.

Everyone is awesome on the internet though :D

• Advertisement

Everyone is awesome on the internet though :D

'Cept trolls, they ain't awesome.

200px-Trollface.svg.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement