Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Christmas sale 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Is neverwinter nights 2 a good game?

I found it fun for a few hours, But it is linear, There did not seem to be much variation to it and as such it was not for me.

Not sure if this is allowed but here is a link to a save file for AI Fleet Command. It is a vanilla 5.000 file and is 500 ships from the 30,000 marker required for the achievement.

Obtained from here

You need to create a profile called Kai and set it as current, Load the file and wait a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is Brink worth a fiver?

I think so. Played it at launch on the 360 and while it had it's flaws, they're supposed to be patched out now. Think I'll get it myself at that price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Limbo for me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Limbo for me today.

mind your back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Still haven't bought a single game in the sale yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

danthefan wrote: »
    Still haven't bought a single game in the sale yet.

I bought only portal 2 so far. was craving for it ages! nothing tickles my fancy so far :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Got 4/5 games so far. Pretty low this year but my wallet isn't complaining

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

bought tropico 4, serious sam 3, hard reset on steam, humble bundle 4 and 3 on humble bundle and duke nukem 3d, descent 3 and unreal gold on gog

now that I have them all I dont really want to play any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Yeah, only bought 2 cheap games so far, total €2.80 spent, lol.
    Pretty disappointing this year, no real must-buy games for me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

I bought payday yesterday, went to buy mass effect 2 because steam said i didn't own it, but when I got to the checkout it told me I did own it already. :(
    I've been wanting to buy Edge for a while, so I'm going to get that in the new year and see if I can quickly do the achievement for it.

Speaking of which, I am disappoint at today's achievements.
    I have none of the games, and I can't do the free one because of the download size of the game for it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I bought payday yesterday, went to buy mass effect 2 because steam said i didn't own it, but when I got to the checkout it told me I did own it already. :(
    This is my problem with Steam sales. I apparently forgot I had Limbo and a couple of other things.
    Still nothing for me yet. Mulling over Silent Hill: Homecoming. I haven't played any of them since the very first one, even if it's crap I'll probably still like it... And maybe Alien Breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Is Divinity II any good?

nesf wrote: »
    Is Divinity II any good?

I ask the same thing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Skydrift looks right up my street, any one know if it's any good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I really liked divinity 2, i got it there during the summer. Not as good as skyrim or the witcher 2 (imo) but if you're an RPG fan id recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Saw Fable : Lost Chapters for 4 something earlier
    Will have to pick it up,havent played it in years and was really the only Fable game i properly liked

Saw Fable : Lost Chapters for 4 something earlier
    Will have to pick it up,havent played it in years and was really the only Fable game i properly liked

It was fun, But when you can get the best sword in the game within an hour of starting... It just loses it's charm:P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Spunge wrote: »
    I really liked divinity 2, i got it there during the summer. Not as good as skyrim or the witcher 2 (imo) but if you're an RPG fan id recommend it.

Bought. If it's crap I'll hunt you down and kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Goddamn it, got another 3 achievements and ended up with 3 more pieces of coal.
    So my tally so far is 8 pieces of coal and Half Life 1, so tempted to craft the 7 lumps of coal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Do it! You know you want to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I wish the 75% off Mass Effect would go towards the addons as well. Still haven't picked them up for the 2nd game.

Can someone become a test lab rat and craft the coals?

I am really tempted to see what sort of reward you can get.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kiith wrote: »
    I wish the 75% off Mass Effect would go towards the addons as well. Still haven't picked them up for the 2nd game.

I bought them all. They're not really worth it and don't add anything to the game. A lot of people like the shadow broker but found that very disappointing as well. They're mostly combat focused which is far and away the weakest area of Mass 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I bought them all. They're not really worth it and don't add anything to the game. A lot of people like the shadow broker but found that very disappointing as well. They're mostly combat focused which is far and away the weakest area of Mass 2.

I'd skip most of them, but i want Shadow Broker (to expand Liara's story) and Arrival (prelude to 3). Just the ones that effect the story a bit. And maybe Overlord.

Well my recommendation is to skip overlord and the Arrival (when you play it you'll realise it's totally inconsequential to the plot). Shadow Broker if you really must, it's the most fleshed out but don't go in with high expectations.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Maybe I missed a post but what is the link to a high quality image from limbo with christmas decorations on the list of offers. about 6 pages through?

http://media.steampowered.com/apps/hs/Illustration_huge_22_06015924.jpg

Is there an egg or piece of coal related to it?

I crafted mine and got Greed Corp, AFAIK its just the same as completing the achievements minus the chance of coal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I got Avadon black fortress :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

CramCycle wrote: »
    Maybe I missed a post but what is the link to a high quality image from limbo with christmas decorations on the list of offers. about 6 pages through?

http://media.steampowered.com/apps/hs/Illustration_huge_22_06015924.jpg

Is there an egg or piece of coal related to it?

They've had one every day. I think it's just a nice picture that shows the deals currently on offer.
    Then again, thinking of some of the things Valve have done in the past, if you turn it upside-down, invert the colours, convert it to ascii art, compress it with 7z, decrypt using the rosetta stone and rename as a sound file with a human sacrifice on an Incan alter when the planets are of the correct alignment, then you might be given a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Been feeling like playing Broken Sword the last few days but instead of getting up and finding the discs I've ended up just buying the triple pack, Steam sale you've done it again :pac:

Advertisement