Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards hill Climb Challenge: 05/11/11 Start 09:00

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Stocking Lane
    My prize for the slowest time will be in the form of a voucher (assuming O'Briens do vouchers) for booze of your choosing. It will come in a handy, non-euro compliant, sandwich bag, so it doesn't get wet on your way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭maloner

Friday's Leinster Munster game may have an impact (most likely a negative one...) on my performance, but I'll aim to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Hope to make it there also...............I shall be competing in the Veteran Category :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Slieve Mann
    maloner wrote: »
    Friday's Leinster Munster game may have an impact (most likely a negative one...) on my performance, but I'll aim to be there.

Just got tickets, in the fancy area, oh dear.

Slieve Mann
    g0g wrote: »
    Is my offer of help with finish/timing any use or are there enough organisers already? I'd be happy to help but no point in having a heap of us to organise something that might only need one person!

If possible I'd like someone to take down times at the end, watches don't have to be synced, just so that I can do a quick subtraction at the end to get the winner, if someone is pushed we can figure out the time difference at the end for an official time.

Your the first volunteer unless you want to ride it, in case, we will need more volunteers or the honour system (first person up writes down the time and records it for everyone else after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭g0g

Slieve Mann
    CramCycle wrote: »
    If possible I'd like someone to take down times at the end, watches don't have to be synced, just so that I can do a quick subtraction at the end to get the winner, if someone is pushed we can figure out the time difference at the end for an official time.

Your the first volunteer unless you want to ride it, in case, we will need more volunteers or the honour system (first person up writes down the time and records it for everyone else after that.
    Grand stuff yeah I'll be there Sat morning then. As I mentioned I'll probably park at viewpoint early, take a spin down and up the route on the bike to time myself (don't worry I don't plan on winning!!!) and be there before 9 to time you lot. I'll record the times but do I not need to know start times/order/intervals?

Slieve Mann
    g0g wrote: »
    Grand stuff yeah I'll be there Sat morning then. As I mentioned I'll probably park at viewpoint early, take a spin down and up the route on the bike to time myself (don't worry I don't plan on winning!!!) and be there before 9 to time you lot. I'll record the times but do I not need to know start times/order/intervals?

If you record the finish time and name of everyone who gets to you thats fine, I'll have the intervals with me and we can tally them up afterwards (should only take 2/3 minutes)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Might be worth editing the first post with all the important details. Route, start location , start time. Not so obvious when it's spread over a few pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bradyj

This looks like a great event! Tis cool beans of the organiser!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Might also be worth (for everyone's sanity), sticking up a list of who's taking part. Allows Cram et al to decide spacings, etc, and let the less "accomplished" climbers of us know that it's not just going to be me competing against 2 or 3 insanely strong climbers. :D

Edit: Actually here we go:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai-0a_C9geatdC0yeGRoU2UydExUS1N2MlF0bHJ5U2c

Stick your names down there, yarr. The expected time is purely to allow Cram to organise better, maybe the faster riders should go first, or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Fúck it, I'm in.

oflahero - singlespeed? You loon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Stocking Lane
    Will there be an age handicap?

I think 2 minutes for everyone over 41 (called Daragh_) is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

maloner wrote: »

ive been debating all week whether i should even pretend to myself that ill make it to this after going to the match... im going to try though. if there's a vets catagory, can we add a hungover catagory :D... c'mon leinster!

oh. and if there is a start list can i go last (extra 30mins in bed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

joker77 wrote: »
    Fúck it, I'm in.

oflahero - singlespeed? You loon.

My geared bikes are down in the old pair's garage awaiting a bit of tuneage, and I know I will just not be able to get down there and back in time for 9am tomorrow morning after going out for a few tonight. Anyway, the singlespeed gives me all the excuse I need for a crap time...

EDIT: The amount of sandbaggery on that google doc is incredible. 16 for joker77 for example, will you gerrouddadatgarden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

OK I was there today and the best I could do was 18.22 anything below that today and I would need a basin beside me :eek: anyway its a bit of crack and could somebody remind me tomorrow that I am having fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

oflahero wrote: »
    The amount of sandbaggery on that google doc is incredible. 16 for joker77 for example, will you gerrouddadatgarden

ha ha - I've never timed myself (I've never timed myself on any climb actually - I've signed up for Strava but keep forgetting to switch on the Android app).

Being conservative after my pretty dismal time in the league hillclimb earlier in the summer - you'd 2 minutes on me there boyo

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wiggles87

Afternoon, chaps. I shall join you all for a spot of sweating in the early morn.Toodle-oo

Slieve Mann
    Wiggles87 wrote: »
    Afternoon, chaps. I shall join you all for a spot of sweating in the early morn.Toodle-oo

Oh dear, 18hours and 30minutes, at least we know who the lanterne rouge will be :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wiggles87

I can deal with that.You best believe sonny boy

daragh_ wrote: »
    Will there be an age handicap?

I think 2 minutes for everyone over 41 (called Daragh_) is fair.

Great idea is that 2mins for everyone over 41 or 2mins for every year over 41 ;)

• Advertisement

Slieve Mann
    seamus wrote: »
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai-0a_C9geatdC0yeGRoU2UydExUS1N2MlF0bHJ5U2c

Stick your names down there, yarr. The expected time is purely to allow Cram to organise better, maybe the faster riders should go first, or something.

I'll have a starting order in the morning, we'll follow your lead on claimed fastest goes first, others can join in at the end if they don't sign up, judging by the numbers I'll be at the starting line for about 30 to 45 minutes sending people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spelean

Hi, I'll be there too.

N

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

Gonna try and make it over if I can get organised in time in the morning - might have one or two others with me.
    Can someone just confirm that you're starting just above where the road passes over the motorway?

Greyspoke wrote: »
    Gonna try and make it over if I can get organised in time in the morning - might have one or two others with me.
    Can someone just confirm that you're starting just above where the road passes over the motorway?

AFAIK its just after the roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Slieve Mann
    Carpenter wrote: »
    Great idea is that 2mins for everyone over 41 or 2mins for every year over 41 ;)

Excellent idea - I hope to make it in the morning. That 'last place' booby prize is mine, all mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Carpenter wrote: »

I vote for the latter...............now where did I put my Birth Cert?

Slieve Mann
    Greyspoke wrote: »

Start point is in the first post, we'll all meet in the car park to the left after the roundabout.

AAAAAAA its great all the good boys are rapped up in bed :D or in the pub?????

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

so feckin drunk... leinster triumphant! im not going to be so feckin triumphant in the morning me thinks. but maybe if i stay drunk....
    (in answer to carpenter's question)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Here is the contribution for tomorrow from my better half:

180274.jpg

...assuming they last the night that is, 'cos I'm feeling kinda hungry. And assuming any survivors from overnight survive the onslaught of our daughter on the way there.

Oh, they are made with dark chocolate (the only kind of chocolate!) so may not appeal to milk chocolate fans.

Advertisement