Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I prefer to have more Religion classes, she let us do our homework and study in the classes, with the very occasional class of actual work :L

We do the exam syllabus even though we don't do the bloody exam it's ridiculous :/
    And a double IT class that involves learning how to turn a computer on (waste of time )

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

Siobhnk wrote: »
    TCD or UCD? in general like which would you choose?

UCD for me because of the sporting side different atmosphere and more working class background to it :) plus the courses are equally as good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I haven't done any homework since Wednesday! Crap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

What's a free period? :s
    Well most people's subjects aren't enough to fill up their timetable, so up until a few years ago sixth years would just have study classes to fill up the free periods. Not any more though :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Almost finished mine for today, feels great to have it done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Staring at my Sylvia Plath essay. Love the woman but I just can't write about why I like her :(

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Either talk to her calmly and tell her that you're old enough to have the responsibility to do your own work, and that it's your future and you're the one responsible for it. If that doesn't work and she's still at you, I suggest going to your nan's to study. :) Or maybe, if you/a friend drives, start going to the library? There has to be somewhere nice and quiet where you can get some good work done without her nagging. After school study maybe?

I began telling her to not be at me about study that I'll manage myself as soon as school finished last year! :D See, she's at me whenever I'm not sitting at the desk with books open.. Since first year I'm known to take a break until about half 4 before opening a book and this is when she starts with it.. She normally works weekends and I get loads of work done but this was the first she was off and at me all weekend!! Think I need to head library on Saturdays definately when she's here!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Im glad I get my homework done on fridays, well, most fridays depending on the mood :rolleyes:
    Anyway, looking forward to mid-term are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

ConTheCat wrote: »
    I began telling her to not be at me about study that I'll manage myself as soon as school finished last year! :D See, she's at me whenever I'm not sitting at the desk with books open.. Since first year I'm known to take a break until about half 4 before opening a book and this is when she starts with it.. She normally works weekends and I get loads of work done but this was the first she was off and at me all weekend!! Think I need to head library on Saturdays definately when she's here!

Definitely go to the library! My mum nags at me but then again I'm rarely known to start my homework even by 9.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

13spanner wrote: »
    The course i want was 390 last year, so really I need 420 to be safe. I know it's well within my range, but knowing that makes me think I don't need to study :( anyone else have that problem?

I had such high hopes for today. I have hardly done anything. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I haven't been in school since Tuesday. I had planned to get so much work done over the last few days but I'm just starting my homework now and not only have I not opened a book for almost a week, but I don't know where most of them are :o

Joey. wrote: »
    I haven't been in school since Tuesday. I had planned to get so much work done over the last few days but I'm just starting my homework now and not only have I not opened a book for almost a week, but I don't know where most of them are :o

Like promising yourself you're doing heaps of work over the midterm and then feeling shit on the last sunday because you've done nothing...

Cian A wrote: »
    Like promising yourself you're doing heaps of work over the midterm and then feeling shit on the last sunday because you've done nothing...

Exactly, except I feel grand about it tbh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Exactly, except I feel grand about it tbh :p
    The only way to be!

AnamGlas wrote: »
    The only way to be!

Be grand sure :) I will start studying properly after midterm, I swear...

Be grand sure :) I will start studying properly after midterm, I swear...

That's what we all say :pac:

But seirously, I really hope I can start studying, how do you all study?

I just jot down keypoints from the topic that I am studying, do exam papers and the likes

Lads, I just got a difficult question correct in applied maths, I don't think any of you do it but trust me, these types of applied maths problems would blow the shit out of the weak minded's brain.I think I spent two hours on saturday trying to figure this one out :eek:. This is a special moment.

Weekends really do seem to last longer when you don't go out on Saturday night, hmmm. I'm going out next Saturday though ^_^

And I felt grand all weekend, now I'm starting to feel sick again. Owwy my throat. I think I'm allergic to school...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Does anyone know if there's any like, society type things in college where you can learn French/Italian/Spanish away from the course you're doing?

I'd love to study a language abroad for a year. But I've no 3rd language for LC :(

That weekend flew :(

• Advertisement

Manic2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's any like, society type things in college where you can learn French/Italian/Spanish away from the course you're doing?

I'd love to study a language abroad for a year. But I've no 3rd language for LC :(
    Most colleges seem to have a French soc, no idea about other languages though I assume they would. A lot of them let you take beginners language modules for credits, and you can go on an erasmus year if you do enough of them. Or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Just started watching The Big Bang Theory, don't think it's a great idea to start a 91-episode series in 6th year :p

Manic2 wrote: »

UCD do a horizons thing, basically taking a module in something different to your degree. So I'd say you can take one in a language?

Just started watching The Big Bang Theory, don't think it's a great idea to start a 91-episode series in 6th year :p
    I decided to rewatch Gossip Girl from the very start during fifth year, wise decisions. I should really start taking this whole leaving cert business more seriously...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Thanks everyone for the replies. :)

Yeah I'm watching multiple shows at the minute, watching them the day after they air in America.
    I'm watching Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, The Big Bang Theory, Pretty Little Liars, The Secret Circle, Supernatural and The Lying Game. :o

Like I said, I did just that within 4 days of exam week last summer. I think that level of procrastination will never be reached again in my life.

Ugh the weekend went so fast, back to school :(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

only starting me homework now..
    i shall be up all night. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Namlub wrote: »
    If you go to school in town, just pop over around eleven. Possibly wear a wig.

What is wrong with you both, why would you want PE?! Bear in mind we have three religion classes on top of that. Apparently "The Department" doesn't want us to have any free periods -.-

I do, on the very big hill:cool: Hmmm, a wig sounds like effort. Can I just say I got a haircut and am wearing a sports bra?

• Advertisement

I do, on the very big hill:cool: Hmmm, a wig sounds like effort. Can I just say I got a haircut and am wearing a sports bra?

...and I'm just out of prison

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement