Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Thanks for sharing that with us.
    If only you were around when JR got shot it would have saved us months of suspense :-S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Who is funding this, need a serious chat with themselves.

Maybe the high viewing figures and the International award might be a reason to fund it - just saying:rolleyes:

Oh and I thought it was excellent too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

wow sierra wrote: »
    Maybe the high viewing figures and the International award might be a reason to fund it - just saying:rolleyes:

Oh and I thought it was excellent too!!

You don't count.

It might improve!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.rte.ie/ten/video.html#2957424,2957424,flash,255

Love/ Hate star Susan Loughnane talks about her new character Debbie ahead of the second series of the RTÉ crime drama

RTE are giving it a repeat showing again starting this Saturday night

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RTE are giving it a repeat showing again starting this Saturday night

RTE ONE 10:40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 guddd show

is darren not dead stumpy dead johnboy won he got what he wanted unless an ambulance came and saved him cause i seen mary dressed in black and lighting a candle at the church so what could happen nxt if there is a new series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

guddd show wrote: »
    is darren not dead stumpy dead johnboy won he got what he wanted unless an ambulance came and saved him cause i seen mary dressed in black and lighting a candle at the church so what could happen nxt if there is a new series

Serious lack of punctuation.
    There will be a second series and Darren is alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Just watched this on RTE player. I thought it was good up until the last episode. However, the character of John Boy was too unrealistic for me. Early on, He seemed like a reasonable guy, and that stable reasoning was why he was such a success.

However, his reaction to Darren in the last episode was completely unreasonable. It was apparent that Hughie was in the wrong to everybody. The brother should have been able to see this too, especially based on the previous insights we saw of John Boy's character.

Hughies shooting and the last scene did come very unexpectedly for me; certainly came out of the blue.

Not sure what the whole Tommy - Mary thing was about. Thought something more would come from it???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ashsweety69

Jesus! You're all sooo serious, its not real people...don't ya think we get enough about gangland violence and murder everyday in the papers and on the news???? Take the show for wot it is...pure escapism. Oh, and by the way....Robbie Sheehan is a total ride!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Jesus! You're all sooo serious, its not real people...don't ya think we get enough about gangland violence and murder everyday in the papers and on the news???? Take the show for wot it is...pure escapism. Oh, and by the way....Robbie Sheehan is a total ride!!!!
    You bumped a month old thread just to say that?

Are you Robert Sheehan's Mammy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

phasers wrote: »
    You bumped a month old thread just to say that?

Are you Robert Sheehan's Mammy?

Would mammies from the midlands refer to their sons as "total rides"? :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Would mammies from the midlands refer to their sons as "total rides"? :confused:

Middle Ireland is a strange place!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Elmo wrote: »
    Middle Ireland is a strange place!

So true. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Can Rob Sheenan not die in series finales or something?! :pac:

It's back this Sunday on RTE 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

The best thing about the last series was that young Gleeson lad and he was shot. I thought he was very good. Apart from that it was pretty awful and I was surprised that Aidan Gillen was such a bad actor considering how well he is doing. The other guy Sheehan was brutal. The guy that got married in the last series was pretty good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Think I mostly enjoyed the first series. Just had to shelve any sense of reality and enjoy it as a crime romp, was a decent effort for RTE imo.

Second series starts 9.30 tonight.
    RTE have played a blinder with the trailer and previews and kept the whole 'Did Darren survive?' thing in suspense. :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

RTE have played a blinder with the trailer and previews and kept the whole 'Did Darren survive?' thing in suspense. :pac::pac:

I thought the bits used for the ad were badly acted ... Gillan saying "did you tell him, did you tell him".. I cant take him seriously as a "hard man".. I think he was far more suited to the role he had in The Wire..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I thought the bits used for the ad were badly acted ... Gillan saying "did you tell him, did you tell him".. I cant take him seriously as a "hard man".. I think he was far more suited to the role he had in The Wire..

Yep, he does the background manipulator role far better than the hardman role. Plays similar character in Game Of Thrones that he played in The Wire and nails it there also.
    He's probably the only cast member of Love/Hate getting paid super dollars, so they must insist on him throwing a few punches and threatening with a gun, buts he's fairly laughable at it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I think its well made and a high quality production though a little of the acting is questionable, but when the first bit of dialogue at 9.30 on a Sunday evening is about some necropheliac putting "his muck" in a corpse I could just see thousands of people switching over to something else.

The language and the violence is a bit over the top for the time slot, it doesn't personally bother me but there are plenty of people I know who would switch it off because of this. Pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

its not bad at all , never really watched too much of the 1st series

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Its much better than the first series.

Very violent i agree with @bijapos.

Lots of ads, if I was in IRL I'd watch on the Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

A bit edgier all right, looks like the folks over on Animals & Pet issues are not impressed:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056443363

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Very good opening episode, up a good series hopefully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

it was worth the wait, Nidge started as slightly rogueish but he s a total backstabbing nut job this series. Darren ....well you just know it wont end well for him
    while i think its fab I cant help but think that scumbags could use it for ideas
    The model turned actress was great i thought.

As I dont get out much this was long awaited by me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Pretty good show.. very watchable.. I think Gillan would have been better if he'd been cast as the middle class coke sniffer who owed a debt to one of the thugs... cos he's not really intimidating enough to be a thug...

Nice to see the guy from the Chill Insurance ad got a break anyway, after he explained the situation away for poor oul Dave..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Lisha wrote: »
    it was worth the wait, Nidge started as slightly rogueish but he s a total backstabbing nut job this series. Darren ....well you just know it wont end well for him
    while i think its fab I cant help but think that scumbags could use it for ideas
    The model turned actress was great i thought.

As I dont get out much this was long awaited by me

im sure the gougers around dublin lap it up , afterall , new york wise guys couldnt get enough of goodfellas and the sopranos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lookinbusy

I reckon the story is only OK, some of the acting could be more convincing, can't say any of them come across as very threatening characters. I think who ever the guy is that plays John Boy is not suited to the part at all. Pitty they killed of your man Gleeson's character in the first series.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement