Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

m'lady don't get disheartened by it, don't know about anyone else, but I always weigh more after totm and not during, have you joined the gym recently?? Are you drinking enough water?? I'm not being nosey but our leader always tell those who use a gym that it can take weeks to show on the scales and always recommends members to eat some of their activity points when they use a gym.

I STS thank god.

There is a girl in our class who joined Jan 2010 and this evening got to her goal weight, she has lost a total of 6 stone, she was so thrilled to get it today as it is her 26th birthday and said it was the best present she could ever give herself. It was such a moving class, she cried so much with
    delight and explained how tough it was for her growing up "always being the fat one" (her words) she had us all in tears. BUT grrr our leader is such a wagon she was really dismissive towards her, fair enough, the leader has a job to do but she just wanted to get on with the class and it just felt as though she didn't really care about the girls success.

ok rant over about the leader.. but its so difficult when you've paid enough and you hear about of all the great leaders when I have such a cow as leader.

Hey thank you Colliewobbles... maybe I am not drinking enough water, I will drink more this week. I wont let it deter me, just stay on track and hope for next week. 6 stone...wow that girl must have felt fantastic, fair play to her. Well done on sts this week.. cheers to another week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Just got a LOVELY plus size jacket on ebay :) NEW :D 30 euro incl shipping. something nice and girlie and stylish for college and out and about :D
    Delighted! Didn't want to wear a big manly bulky jacket for college :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

:mad: Just found out I have to work tomorrow night which means I'll have to miss my WI. Guess the 2nd stone will have to wait til next week :(

Fiona welcome back! m'lady your good work will probably show up next week. Sometimes your body takes time to catch up with our work!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

m'lady wrote: »
    Well after going to gym 4 times, tracking every day and not going over my points I gained 1.5 lbs, so upset to be honest. Can't even blame totm cos that finished on Sunday :(

m'lady don't get disheartened by it, don't know about anyone else, but I always weigh more after totm and not during, have you joined the gym recently?? Are you drinking enough water?? I'm not being nosey but our leader always tell those who use a gym that it can take weeks to show on the scales and always recommends members to eat some of their activity points when they use a gym.

I STS thank god.

There is a girl in our class who joined Jan 2010 and this evening got to her goal weight, she has lost a total of 6 stone, she was so thrilled to get it today as it is her 26th birthday and said it was the best present she could ever give herself. It was such a moving class, she cried so much with delight and explained how tough it was for her growing up "always being the fat one" (her words) she had us all in tears. BUT grrr our leader is such a wagon she was really dismissive towards her, fair enough, the leader has a job to do but she just wanted to get on with the class and it just felt as though she didn't really care about the girls success.

ok rant over about the leader.. but its so difficult when you've paid enough and you hear about of all the great leaders when I have such a cow as leader.

Can you change class? I've come to realize how important your leader is. I've been in WW before but my lack of commitment to it was definitely influenced in part by the leader. The leader I have now it great and it's down to her that I've stayed for every meeting for 12 weeks. And that has definitely helped in my success to date.

1.5 down today - 24lbs in 12 weeks. Still feeling motivated. Re-evaluated my goal tonight. So 4 to go to 2 stone and goal!!

Just made the gnocchi from this weeks mag. Really good. Will definitely make it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Ooo I'm planning on making that tomorrow night. It seems quick and easy. Dinner tonight was a first time attempt at recipe that was really good. You need a bit more time than something quick after work (like I did), it's one for the weekend. I need more seasoning next time and to dry out courgette a little more with kitchen towel or sieve. Again with more time you could let it drain in the sieve.

I promise I'm not addicted to them, they were in pack of 4 in Tesco.....

Courgette Casserole 16pp
    125g flour (self raising or plain)
    700g Grated Courgette (It's about 3 large courgettes)
    1 Small Onion finely diced
    1 egg and 4 egg whites
    40g Low Fat Cheddar Cheese
    Parsley
    1 teaspoon Baking Soda
    1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder

Sift Flour and dry ingredients. If you have time let grated courgette dry out a bit or soak up extra water. Mix all wet ingredients and then fold in flour...don't forget to season!

I used an 8 inch round silicone tin. 200c (fan oven) for 45 mins.

Was gorgeous and really filling. In a way it's pretty much a quiche without the crust. But 8pp for half of it was a dinner and a half. Could almost do a quarter of it.

• Advertisement

Eabhabear wrote: »
    :mad: Just found out I have to work tomorrow night which means I'll have to miss my WI. Guess the 2nd stone will have to wait til next week :(

Fiona welcome back! m'lady your good work will probably show up next week. Sometimes your body takes time to catch up with our work!
    Thanks! And well done on your second stone.. you must be feeling great?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

gillou83 wrote: »
    woohoo. first week on ww and 7lbs loss. soooo happy. cant believe ive lost so much. never feel hungry and feel like im eating loads but sticking to it religiously. aiming for another stone so fingers crossed.:D:D:D

Well done thats fantastic news. I'd the same loss my first wk and there's nothing more motivating than that. Just be careful this week because my leader told me its alot of water you loose from your body the first week so be careful ya dont put some on again this week. Well done though thats great.
    Well done to everyone else on the great losses aswell. My WI is thursday so fingers crossed ill have even half a pound down!! I havnt been too good this week and my TOTM is due so that wont help!!
    Was just catching up on alot of the posts and people were on about sneaky weigh in's at home. I do sometimes do that mid week cos i feel if i'm not doing good i can see on the scales where the hand used to be going to,and to me nothing could be more motivating!!
    Good luck this week everyone, were one week closer to xmas so that means one less week to loose that stone!!
    KEEP TRACKING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Ooo I'm planning on making that tomorrow night. It seems quick and easy.

It was really quick and really easy. The recipe uses a 500g bag of gnocchi (tesco). I only used 200g for the one serving and it was plenty. Used passata rather than chopped tomatoes and put in fresh garlic. I used the full 75g of light mozzarella (aldi) though and I think it needed that extra bit. I also left out the olives. Worked out at 11pp and very filling.

Thanks! And well done on your second stone.. you must be feeling great?

Thanks but unfortunately I haven't got it yet, still 0.5 lb away. I was hoping to get it tomorrow but work has prevented that. It's motivated me to work hard for the next week to get it. It's been a VERY long time coming. Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 FoxyChickNic

Hello There,
    Long time lurker, first time poster :o)
    I recently re-joined WW after losing a stone just before Chrimbo but I fell off the bandwagon (literally, slipped on the ice and busted my wrist) so I decided a few weeks ago to get back on the wagon. Forget everything I know about the old points system and embrace the new PP's. So far so good!!
    I was down 3.5lbs the first week and 2.5lbs this week so almost at my first silver 7 whoo hoo! I also started doing the C25K and am on week 6 of that and I have to say I'm really starting to feel the benefit of all the effort already and I'm only two weeks back in the game.
    You guys are a key factor in that - reading how u spur each other along and help each other has made me realise I'm not doing this alone and as someone said a few weeks back - it's like a daily meeting popping in here!
    Looking forward to getting to know you all more and thanks again for all you've helped with so far - long may it continue.

• Advertisement

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Thanks but unfortunately I haven't got it yet, still 0.5 lb away. I was hoping to get it tomorrow but work has prevented that. It's motivated me to work hard for the next week to get it. It's been a VERY long time coming. Fingers crossed!!

Can I ask can you feel a difference with near 2 stone off? I've just 1.5 off and can't feel it still :(

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Tomorrow is a new weight watchers day!! that is all thats going through my head right now.. Damn weddings!! lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 FoxyChickNic

Tomorrow is a new weight watchers day!! that is all thats going through my head right now.. Damn weddings!! lol :)

Ah Lisa, like you said yourself - it's not a regular occurence and it sounded like a great night and oh look at that it's Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Well have been off the wagon for the past couple of weeks...haven't been overly bad food wise but have drank a lot the past 3 weekends and haven't tracked at all:mad: On the up side, I joined a gym this week and had my first Taebo class last nite, it was so much fun I actually can't wait for the next one. But omg am I feeling the pain today. I literally can hardly walk:eek: Does anybody know whether you should work through that pain or give your body a day's rest?? Am in two minds of whether to hit the gym later!!
    Really bad weekend on the cards for this weekend, I have my b day party/house party on Fri, a friends going away party on Sat and then out all day Sunday for the Dubs match:D It will be disasterous drink wise but am going to make good food choices. After that I have 2 full weeks before I head to Lisbon so am gonna be realistic and aim for a 3 pound loss. Fingers crossed I can keep myself motivated as I have stopped going to meetings and trying to do this on my own (and with the help of this thread of course). Sorry for the essay :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

fionas046 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I've been off radar for the past few weeks but have kept right up to date with your posts. I've fallen totally off the wagon and felt I was in no postition to add positive thoughts so I've remained silent. I've just returned from a weeks cruise in the US and after a week of georging on any amount of the most fattening food and drink I've decided its time to pull up socks and jump back on the wagon.

That cruise sounds fab :D Jealous.com :p It's good that you are back on the wagon and even though you have put on weight, the important thing is that you know you can lose it and you know what it feels like to be minus the weight so it'll give you the incentive to keep going! Plus we are all rooting for you! :D:D:D
    Well after going to gym 4 times, tracking every day and not going over my points I gained 1.5 lbs, so upset to be honest. Can't even blame totm cos that finished on Sunday :(

Totally understand how you feel m'lady, this was happening to me at the start of the summer. I'd be really good, stick to the plan, then get up the scales and put on weight. All I can say is keep going, it has to pay off, if not this week then next week! :):) Just don't do what I did - go completely off the wagon and not go to class, only to put on half the weight you lost in the first place :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I don't think I'm going to be down this week. I stuck with the plan and tracked but my scales aren't cooperating!

I did start on the back of losing half a stone through illness so I'll put it down to that and next week my efforts will show on the scales. Not going to let it put me off the plan this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I don't think I'm going to be down this week. I stuck with the plan and tracked but my scales aren't cooperating!

I did start on the back of losing half a stone through illness so I'll put it down to that and next week my efforts will show on the scales. Not going to let it put me off the plan this time.

Das Kitty, I'm in the same boat, dont think I will be down either!! If I am honest though I barely used my 29 points every day and didnt on some days so think I actually didnt eat enough this week to lose weight.

Weigh in at 6.00 pm - the scales wont lie!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Das Kitty, I'm in the same boat, dont think I will be down either!! If I am honest though I barely used my 29 points every day and didnt on some days so think I actually didnt eat enough this week to lose weight.

Weigh in at 6.00 pm - the scales wont lie!!

Mine's at 6.45. I ate my 29 but didn't even eat half of my 49. I had beer 4 of the 7 days though, I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Love beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Mine's at 6.45. I ate my 29 but didn't even eat half of my 49. I had beer 4 of the 7 days though, I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Love beer!

It might have something to do with it. I read/heard somewhere that every time you drink alcohol, it hinders your weightloss because it can take up to a day for the alcohol to break down properly and your body chooses to break down the alcohol first, so any food you eat is not broken down properly. So your body doesn't start working properly til a day after you have drank the alcohol. Hope that makes sense. It is annoying though, I am partial to a few drinks a couple (2/3) days a week and I think I would fall off the wagon if I didn't have my few drinks. Just means we have to work extra hard and the weight won't come off as easy as we would like it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Completly back on track after a disastros summer was up 16lbs when I got weighed last week.
    I should be down tomorrow as I had an ok week gently breaking my self back in and again detoxing form the SUGAR......its either all or nothing with me and sweets/chocolate/crisps so I am off them ,I can't stand the false sweets either ie low fat chrisps or WW bars or the sweets from class.

I was not too strict this week as I had to break a lot of regained bad habits but should be down even just eating healthy this week has made me feel much better.
    Roll on WI tomorrow then its track track all the way till christmas, I want to get rid of the 16 I put up plus another 5 to hit the four stone mark and fit in the new clothes which I have just bought but are to tight was not getting a bigger size I will no longer Buy anything bigger then a 16 and that is only a temporary rule till it 14 then 12

IS FEIDIR LINN:):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I'm dual 'pointing for the next few weeks'

I've my spreadsheet which has contributed to 3st loss in 30wks and I've started tracking on a site called sparkpeople.com(tracks calories/fat/carbs/protein/sodium intake.

I'll give it a go for a while to see if it has any benefits, I was starting to stagnate a little on the WW points.

just above/below 14st(196lbs) for a good number of weeks now, need to try something different to give me a renewed boost

I did really well on SparkPeople a while ago. It's quite motivational. The emails can get to be a bit much, but it is good. Hope it works for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    That cruise sounds fab :D Jealous.com :p It's good that you are back on the wagon and even though you have put on weight, the important thing is that you know you can lose it and you know what it feels like to be minus the weight so it'll give you the incentive to keep going! Plus we are all rooting for you! :D:D:D

Oh believe me Shoe Lover it was Fab but I'm paying for it now! :o
    It's the type of holiday you would only do every couple of years at the most as you spend so much time just 'grasing' on food. Its available 24/7 and its all included in the price.:o (not a good thing!)

Having said that, had I had my WW head on, it would have been quite easy to eat healthy fresh food but then when you do something like that you have to throw caution to the wind. Anyway, its done now, so onwards and downwards! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

:D 1.5LBS Down!!!!!

Happy dayz as it was an excersise void week!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Then something must be working!! Excellent.

Can I ask can you feel a difference with near 2 stone off? I've just 1.5 off and can't feel it still :(

Yep I can feel a massive difference. The last 7lbs though were the biggest difference. I used to be a size 16 now I can fit into size 12 dresses and tops. However my legs are a different story. I'm still a 16 in jeans and trousers. It's really nagging me so that's what I'm working on now. I have gained a lot of confidence with that 2st and people have noticed it as well.

I was 13st 8.5lbs starting so not sure where you are at now. If you have more to lose that could be why you aren't feeling it yet? Keep at it because you have done really well so far and there's no reason why you can't lose another 1.5st :)

Welcome back aspie mum! Good luck with your WI and to everyone else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

I read this on weight watchers online and I have put it on a post it inside my ww folder..it definitely gives me the little kick I need when I am considering munching something I really shouldn't
    " Don't lie to yourself about what you are eating. The plan works and if your not losing, your probably the problem"

It won't be the case for everyone but it sure is to me...find it easy to forget about that one square of choc or last glass of wine...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

sarahfancy wrote: »
    I did really well on SparkPeople a while ago. It's quite motivational. The emails can get to be a bit much, but it is good. Hope it works for you!

I delete the emails straight away, dont read them at all.

I just wanted something that will be available to me where ever I go and as it lists the Cals/Carbs/protein/Fats everytime you select food I hope I become more aware of the 'values of food' rather than just learning off points for each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lainy I so need a new coat but I want a warm one! just in case its cold again!

brightstar so true I am guilty of doing that my self! not this week though!

Question!
    I have checked and rechecked knorr beef stockpots and have got 0 pp is that right considering in my book it says 1 per stock cube!

I was ages trying to get a fancy ticker for my Signature but couldn't get some of them to work! picked a christmas theme to remind me :D what I am aiming for!
    bring it on WI tomorrow and Ive tracked like a mad thing, no cheating if it went in my mouth its down in my book! haven't eaten all my weeklies either! So FX Ive at least 1 pound lost tomorrow I would take a 0.5 loss but want more :D

Is feidir linn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

Hi All , Finally got started on pro points on yesterday and feel great that ive done it but confused to the propoints compared to points ! the wheel is impossible , if anyone could give me a good soup recipe (tasty) that would be great , ill end up going shopping and spending a fortune on ww meals , cause ive no idea how to count what i make myself as yet , 2.5 stone to loose but deffo feelin positive , hope it lasts :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

laura29 wrote: »
    Hi All , Finally got started on pro points on yesterday and feel great that ive done it but confused to the propoints compared to points ! the wheel is impossible , if anyone could give me a good soup recipe (tasty) that would be great , ill end up going shopping and spending a fortune on ww meals , cause ive no idea how to count what i make myself as yet , 2.5 stone to loose but deffo feelin positive , hope it lasts :D

Welcome to the thread. That wheel is useless, I would definitely recommend investing in the ProPoints calculator at your next meeting. Below are 2 recipe's for soup I make.

Carrot and Corriander - 0PP

Small bag of carrots (5-8 carrots)
    Whole pack of fresh corriander
    2 Onions
    2 cloves of garlic
    1 veg/chicken stock cube
    1L boiling water

Peel and chop carrots, chop corriander, onions and garlic and put into a pot with 1L of chicken or veg stock.
    Bring to the boil and then let simmer for 45 mins to an hour.
    When cool, blend.

Spicy butternut squash - 0PP

1 BNS
    2 Onions
    2 red peppers
    2 red chilli's
    1 veg/chicken stock cube
    1L boiling water

Peel and chop BNS. De-seed and chop red peppers, chop onions and chilli and put into a pot with 1L of chicken or veg stock.
    Bring to the boil and then let simmer for 45 mins to an hour.
    When cool, blend.

Enjoy :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement