Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Broomwagon (off topic chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I had to google that, it appears we don't have the same suicidal past-times down the country. Right, I'm off to agitate slurry on my own.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

agitate slurry

I hope that's not a euphemism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I was looking at the thread about the guy who got hit by a milk float in London. It got me thinking about the time I fell off the back of a milk lorry (a lorry - not a float!) when scutting as a young lad. We lived near the Grand Canal at Harolds Cross Bridge and used to hop on the back of trucks all the time for a laugh (very bad idea, don't try this at home etc.).

It just occurred to me that you never see anyone scutting these days. Why not? Trucks no longer on the streets? Road safety message getting through? Better enforcement? Kids just have better things to do?

Why? In a word - "Darwin"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

How come the Friday whinge thread is closed, and it's still Friday? I wanted to add my whinge about other cyclists. I hate them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Wippermann Connex 10S0 €26.76 or
    KMC X10-93 €26.14

????

just replaced my chain with a mavic which i dont seem to be able to get anymore, so looking for a replacement for the spares shelf

• Advertisement

Jawgap wrote: »
    Why? In a word - "Darwin"

Perhaps but unlikely. I'm sure kids these days are just as brainless and convinced of their own invulnerability as they ever were. Maybe they're just lazier.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Perhaps but unlikely. I'm sure kids these days are just as brainless and convinced of their own invulnerability as they ever were. Maybe they're just lazier.

Theyre all out stealing bikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

If kids are lazier or more boring than previous generations it's the fault of parents and society. There can't have been a genetic leap in the last 20 years that made kids naturally lazier or duller. A fella in work was moaning about his kids today.

To be read in a Sunderland accent.

"Kids these days, they want everything duun't they?"
    "Ah'd've been 'appy runnin' round with a ball".
    "Ma kids didn't even knuuuw what a tarzy was when we passed one the other day."

yeah pal, whose fault is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

What's a tarzy?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sunderland - the first place I ever came across deep fried Mars bars (it was actually Peterlee, just outside Sunderland) - the Scots claim to have invented them in the 1990s, but I recall them in the 1970s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

Beasty wrote: »
    deep fried Mars bars
    tj6GIZR_drooling_homer.gif

Battered curly wurlies are better, though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

niceonetom wrote: »
    What's a tarzy?
    It's hard to find a picture of a non-XXTREEEEEMMME to the maXX tarzy.

2_boys_river_ropeswing_small.jpg

It's a rope swing over a small river.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Hermy wrote: »
    Some kids attempted to scut on the back of my taxi during the snow.
    You cannot deny the facts - it's still going on!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Does jumping on the back of a slow moving car count? I remember clinging to the back of a container lorry hoping it would stop before I ended up at Newlands Cross.

You're right Pete - I blame the parents. If they were any use, there would be kids swinging from trucks all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

It's hard to find a picture of a non-XXTREEEEEMMME to the maXX tarzy.

2_boys_river_ropeswing_small.jpg

It's a rope swing over a small river.

If not for that I wouldn't have known what they were, all the same though here's me being extreme about a year ago.
    74302_1598283967238_1540176569_31441746_1852154_n.jpg

Picture's a little easier to see...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Just found out that I'm missing one of my bar end plugs is gone, I was convinced I had a spair set of BBB's but they're gone too :mad:

Gives me an excuse to change my tape I guess though :o

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

eh..how come there's about 8 threads on folding bikes at the moment???seems suspicious...

It's like a bed bug infestation down there but with sh!t folding bikes!

I blame Lemag, no reason for it, but it's his fault:D

Holyboy wrote: »
    sh!t folding bikes!

Can you not read? They are better than Bromptons.;)

Can you not read? They are better than Bromptons.;)

Oh yeah, I did read that but then forgot it very quickly when I looked at the site, BUT maybe they are better, we should all buy one so we can find out:D

• Advertisement

Ah whats going on at all, has happytramp been hacked or summit??
    It's all gone crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

Nope, just pushing the spam off the front page. All has returned to normal. Well worth the 20 min that took. :D

I was just wondering where I might find a value for money option for city cycling. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Ah drat! I know I have a URL for that around here somewhere.

Ah I see, you computer wizzes, I will never understand the whole thing, my expertise starts and ends with bikes, oh and fishing reels and rods, wow, two whole arrows to my bow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

Deadly. The Vuelta starts today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

scaled.php?tn=0&server=739&filename=gqfjb.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

And yes I know it won't last :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

RobFowl wrote: »

And yes I know it won't last :rolleyes:

Maybe next year when ye're in the championship :pac: Joking aside, I think this could be a big year for the pool.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I think this could be a big year for the pool.
    It clearly already is, one point ahead having played only one more game. 2012, however, is likely to be a different (but same old) story .....;)

(or are you referring to the Monkey Hangers?)

• Advertisement

Anyone up for a spin on Tuesday afternoon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement