Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Cant remember off the top of my head. but the Nutritional information is on the packs.

Whan i say parama ham....anything like....black forest ham, or spanish ham...any of those kind thin slices of ham. aldi and lidl do loads. even tho it makes no difference to the points, I always try to trim the big long white fatty strip on "ham" just to make it that little bit leaner,

I've done it a few times just using bog standard super value wafer ham....exactly the same, still delish!

ok thanks for that.. great recipe! ill have to try and get more adventurous in the kitchen! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kenna3

hey to all

hope ye dont mind having a newbie on board

my history so far for 2011...

Woke up in jan and realised i was sooo overweight it hit me like a bus think the pictures from xmas was a helping hand in the realisation

Joined a gym at end of jan,lost a total of 1 stone up till july didnt think it was good going on the weight loss side but definetly made an impact on my shape which has changed, im getting curves again :)

ive been following this thread for a couple of weeks and find it soooo motivational and some inspiring stories. I joined ww 4 weeks ago and im -9 lbs WOOHOO i think thats good going, got my first silver seven at wi today was delighted...anyway just wanted to share and look forward to the weeks and months ahead of chatting :)

wi week 1 : -3lbs

wi week 2 : -2.5 lbs

wi week 3 : was away did not get to one

wi week 4 : -3.5 lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

kenna3 wrote: »
    hey to all

hope ye dont mind having a newbie on board

my history so far for 2011...

Woke up in jan and realised i was sooo overweight it hit me like a bus think the pictures from xmas was a helping hand in the realisation

Joined a gym at end of jan,lost a total of 1 stone up till july didnt think it was good going on the weight loss side but definetly made an impact on my shape which has changed, im getting curves again :)

ive been following this thread for a couple of weeks and find it soooo motivational and some inspiring stories. I joined ww 4 weeks ago and im -9 lbs WOOHOO i think thats good going, got my first silver seven at wi today was delighted...anyway just wanted to share and look forward to the weeks and months ahead of chatting :)

wi week 1 : -3lbs

wi week 2 : -2.5 lbs

wi week 3 : was away did not get to one

wi week 4 : -3.5 lbs

welcome! and well done, you seem to be flying it with ww.. well done on the losses so far!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kenna3

hi cailindana

thanks very much...im still trying to figure out my way round how to post replys, smilie faces etc lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Last weeks gain has been avenged!!

3.5LBS down, so back below 200LBS, back to over 3stone lost and now also below 90kgs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Last weeks gain has been avenged!!

3.5LBS down, so back below 200LBS, back to over 3stone lost and now also below 90kgs!!

And don't forget your all important Bath victory!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

I was advised to follow a low GI diet as i have PCOS and it is supposed to be the best way to go about losing weight when you have this. I haven't tried it yet but was wondering if anyone knows of any low GI foods which are also low in PP? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Boop22 wrote: »
    I was advised to follow a low GI diet as i have PCOS and it is supposed to be the best way to go about losing weight when you have this. I haven't tried it yet but was wondering if anyone knows of any low GI foods which are also low in PP? Thanks :)

The link below has a general list of foods that are low, medium and high GI.

http://www.the-gi-diet.org/lowgifoods/

What I noticed, was that weetabix is high GI, but All Bran was low GI. Also, wholewheat pasta shapes, spaghetti, rice, sweet potatoes and new (baby) potatoes are low GI. But mashed and baked potatoes are high GI.

There are a few on this thread (I think) with PCOS that should be able to help too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Down one today, delighted because I was still a bit convinced last week was a false loss. Only 3 lbs to go for my 3rd stone. On a bit of a mexican kick this week have recepies to try for spicy bean burgers and chickpea enchiladas, will post them up of they work out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Boop22 wrote: »

Offhand, porridge and sweet potatoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Hi o/

New to the whole WW club as of last night.

Decided am in a good place, physically and mentally, to actually get on top of this and sort out my fat ass :D

So heres hoping for some success :) And wish you all the best in yours too!!

But one quick Q - how many PP in a cuppa tea with a splash of milk? I know the tea is 0 but does the milk make up anything or am I just being paranoid and overthinking it??

Thanks and am glad theres extra support out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Tmeos wrote: »
    Down one today, delighted because I was still a bit convinced last week was a false loss. Only 3 lbs to go for my 3rd stone. On a bit of a mexican kick this week have recepies to try for spicy bean burgers and chickpea enchiladas, will post them up of they work out well.

Mmm, I love Mexican. Chickpea enchiladas sound amazing. Please do post if they are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Any one ever get an insult and compliment all in one go!!!

My two sisters have started doing ww at home, my youngest sister put on weight over her exams and summer, I was thinking she was after putting on a bit of weight and she looked as if she was around the same weight as I am now. my other sister has a lot to lose and has major health problems, so happy she is back on the saddle, she was telling me their starting weights and when she told me our younger sisters I said oh same as me so! and she went OMG your that light!!!!! :D:eek::P:confused:
    yea thanks sis! LOL at least she apologized after!

I hate to think I go to all this trouble and I look heavier because of my weight on my tummy! left over from my beautiful kids.... still at least I will be healthier and fitter and then I will win the lotto and fix my tummy :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

had all my fruit chopped up for smoothie this morning,

strawberries, 2 bananas, tinned pears,

Was going to half on my porridege, and use half in a smoothie.... :) popped them into the blender.....and NOTHING :( blender is dead! So ended up having a mountain of fruit with my porridge...LOL but just means now i can buy a new blender without getting given out to, going to get one for doing ice :)

so annoying....why are strawberries so expensive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

There on offer for 3euro at the moment in Tesco? I know and they are gorgeous. I'm half thinking of trying to grow some next year and rhubarb as I love it too. Both totally easy to grow we had them when we were kids. Took all that for granted at the time!!

Really nice brekkie this morning. I was going to just have egg and toast v boring.....so just whisked the egg and soaked slice of bread for french toast. Sprinkled on a bit of Splenda and some cinnamon, some sliced strawberries and blueberries and dollop of natural yoghurt. Delish all for the same 5pp as the egg and toast on its own. It's great how I've started to think about what you can do differently with food and a little bit of effort how it can make it more interesting every day so you don't get bored of it.

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    There on offer for 3euro at the moment in Tesco? I know and they are gorgeous. I'm half thinking of trying to grow some next year and rhubarb as I love it too. Both totally easy to grow we had them when we were kids. Took all that for granted at the time!!

Really nice brekkie this morning. I was going to just have egg and toast v boring.....so just whisked the egg and soaked slice of bread for french toast. Sprinkled on a bit of Splenda and some cinnamon, some sliced strawberries and blueberries and dollop of natural yoghurt. Delish all for the same 5pp as the egg and toast on its own. It's great how I've started to think about what you can do differently with food and a little bit of effort how it can make it more interesting every day so you don't get bored of it.

there the ones i wolfed down this morning :P omg....they were seriously some of the nicest ones I've never had....perfectly ripe, not a single one wasted! :D

but like 3 euro was special offer price...still pricy enough (or am i just cheap)
    like they'll be like 3.99 or something when that offer ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Ha ha no I agree. For the amount you get for 3 bob it makes you think. But then there too nice so I'm like sod it, love myself and worth it so....I can't seem to find them much cheaper anywhere else so next year I'm getting green fingered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Have been away from this thread for quite a while getting comfy.. But i'm on hols in 3 weeks and determined to shift 3lbs so I can enjoy myself over there...

History:
    Started WW in April at 13 st 10.. My goal weight was 10st 13.. I'm now 11st 5.75 and loving my new figure...

Gonna read back through this thread for new recipes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Ha ha no I agree. For the amount you get for 3 bob it makes you think. But then there too nice so I'm like sod it, love myself and worth it so....I can't seem to find them much cheaper anywhere else so next year I'm getting green fingered :D

Lidl often do them for €2.25, i think. They also do raspberry offers every now and again, 1 EURO for a small tray :D

Lainy, you're not cheap. We are being ripped off as usual. I think the price is outrageous too. In Tesco up North, they are doing 2 large punnets of strawberries for £3 (€3.40)!! :eek:

We have wild strawberries out in the garden....but there the tiny tiny ones. we have the more for the sentiment and appearance. Mint and wild strawberries growing together....

at least those 3 euro strawberries in tesco are irish grown....so even tho tesco are prob slightly screwing the farmer over....at least we'e supporting irish produce! I do try to "buy irish" when i can, but face it....sometimes its just cheaper to by the import....sadly

but you know what....i'm actually still full after breakfast...then again....it was 300g of strawberries, 200g tinned pears (drained) 2 bananas and porridge LOL the fruit was already chopped before i realised the blender was dead....and even in the fridge...the fruit would have dried out....its never as nice as it when freshly chopped up....

Making Quorn and Courgette Lasagne today :D

last night the Quorn/Courgette cottage pie was SOOOO nice :D even my mom has said my eating has gotten healthier 10 fold!

granted the odd time a cupcake falls over and lands in my mouth....but u know what.....sue me :P I like cake! Hell I LOVE cake :P LOL

but my attitude to it has totally changed....its not oh god i'm eating this diet crap food....I've had a low fat healthy boring tasteless crappy dinner.....i deserve to have a banoffee muffin...

now its more like......oh god i cant wait for dinner tonight.....its healthy, fresh, so yummy and filling, I've made it my self, so i'm kinda proud of my dish. And I dont want to spend 5 seconds eating a cupcake even tho i've spent an hour making a really good dinner.

I think I'm getting a far healthier attitude to food....i've also noticed I'm not geting as many tooth aches! So over all my eating has to healthier, if my body and mind are feeling better....and I think...having a doctor telling me...that something was hindering my weight loss was my saving grace...

(for newbies....I was already overweight, and my doctor put me depo contraceptive injections, I was on it for four years....found out about 2 weeks ago...those injections have the highest most severe amount of weight gain associated with them, she said with my borderline thyroid, and these injections in my system....it would be quite difficult if not impossible to lose weight, because these are hormone injections which increase the appetite)

It could take a few months for the injections to leave my system fully, in the month after i finished the injections i gained a whole stone just from water retention...thank god the doctor said that was normal....cos i was losing the plot....and i could feel my self giving up....slightly...i stopped writing my blog, i quit the table on here...

But now i'm going to focus on LOOKINg better, FEELING better, Fitter, Healther....and a side effect of that... should eventually be losing weight...confidence going up....motivation up!

Toning, Cardio, Weights 5 times a week, 30 - 40 mins a day, 2 litres of water a day, more fruit and veg, and taking care of my hair, skin & teeth :)

WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!

• Advertisement

Right well thats the lasagne made!

the whole thing... is 20pp....its a standard domino square lasagne dish....20pp

Instead of jar white sauce, or making a roux from flour and milk, I used a sachet of ERIN WHITE SAUCE (on offer in tesco for like 35c)

the 20g sachet is 2pp + 280ml skimmed milk makes up 1/2 a pint of white sauce for 5pp :D

Whole lasagne = 20pp
    1/2 of lasagne = 10pp
    1/3 of lasagne = 7pp
    1/4 of lasagne = 5pp

Preheat oven to about 180C

Spray oven dish with frylight oil, (helps prevent sticking, makes cleaning WAY EASIER)

400g Quorn Mince
    500g Pessata
    2 Large Onions,
    Fist full of Fresh Basil leaves,
    As much garlic as you like
    Season with what ever salt and pepper, chili flakes you want

Fry mince till cooked and no longer frozen, Add your diced onions and garlic and basil leaves, the smell is AMAZING. FRESH Basil really makes the difference. Leave the onion to cook for few mins, Add pessata, and bring to boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer while you prepare white sauce and courgettes

3 courgettes are the perfect amount for a "family size" lasagne, Top and tail and slice lengthways, giving you sheets of courgette,

Prepare white sauce according to instructions on packet.

Grate 30g Dublin Light Cheese (2pp) and have it ready to use,

Layer lasagne in oven dish, meant, courgette, sauce, ect. and sprinkle final top layer with cheese and put in oven for about 30 - 40 mins,

(I havent made this before, havent tasted it before....I really hope its nice)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

only lost 1/2 pound tonite after being so good all week. joined curves and am doin a good bit of walking too. Also barely touched my weeklies:( on the upside though, i did reach my 5% goal tonite so at least that's something i suppose:)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

I lost a half pound this week too but after gaining the last two weeks I'm happy! Down slowly but surely, I will get my last 3.5 pounds off:)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Guys I know this is a bit of a weird question but is it normal to not see an inch loss for a while? Like I've lost 12 pounds (down to 13 stone 10) and I haven't seen any inch loss at all :O people have noticed I've lost weight but I'm still measuring the same as I was day one!! is this normal/similar to others' experiences? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Hi All,
    Its been ages since I have had some time to read loads of posts and see how everyone is doing. Loads of people are doing really super.. Congrats.
    hollyhock wrote: »
    :Ddown 2lbs on thurs,ive done out a little graph for myself from last week,22 weeks,(i know,i know,nobody wants to hear that yet!!),but i reckon at a doable 1lb per week,thats just over 1.5stone,so ive 2 gone notches down already,if you could see the downward curve every week i hope that will keep my motavation up!!:D i'll try it and see,anyway,good luck!
    meant to say 22 weeks til christmas,ssh!

I have been doing exactly that since the start of Feb and I did it for 52 weeks -I love my graph. I have my "wish line" which I had drawn out as 1lb per week loss over the 52 weeks, and my "actual line" which has been pretty keeping up with my "wish line"!! On weeks where I've crossed to the wrong side of the line it does wonders to kick me back into gear again. It's brilliant motivation so good luck with yours:) After today's WI I've officially lost 30 pounds!!! This time me and my little graph will get there :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Niamh94 wrote: »
    Guys I know this is a bit of a weird question but is it normal to not see an inch loss for a while? Like I've lost 12 pounds (down to 13 stone 10) and I haven't seen any inch loss at all :O people have noticed I've lost weight but I'm still measuring the same as I was day one!! is this normal/similar to others' experiences? :/

I've dropped from a size 16 in dresses to a size 12. However I am still a size 16 in jeans because I haven't lost any inches on my legs :mad: The weight will fall off in different places and the inch loss will come eventually. Eveyone's different just be patient :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭yolanda

Hi Everyone

Sorry now to interrupt and ask such a boring q but I have just had a baby 2 weeks ago and regularly would log on to this thread to check things out during the pregnancy. Was fantastic and well done to everyone!

Just wondering when I could rejoin ww after having a baby. Tried to look it up on the ww website but dont really have any answers on it. Does anyone know when you can join after having a baby or is there a specific time frame you have to wait?

Thanks in Advance!!

I think you can join anytime, but you MUST tell your leader if your breast feeding, cos that is taken into account when making up your point allowance.
    breast feeding burns ALOT of calories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

I think any time is fine but maybe wait till after your six week check just to give yourself a chance to recover. It's no joke with a newborn so don't put too much pressure on yourself to loose the weight quickly.

Also as Lainey says above if you are breastfeeding a serious reduction in your calorie intake can interfere with your milk supply so make sure you eat enough high quality food.

Good luck with it, I'm hoping to get to goal for my little ones first birthday in September. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Sorry, I've been lurking here recently too :)

Just rejoined WW after 2nd baby, to answer Yolanda's q you must be at least 6 weeks post natal and have been declared fit by your doctor, so after your 6 week check if all going ok. There's a booklet you get for breastfeeding if that applies to you, and you get an extra 14 points a day if BF fully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement