Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Trevor451 wrote: »
    You guys should show your support for a windows phone 7 sub forum. I think It would be a great idea

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72921258
    Good spot, I've added my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,562 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

does anyone know any combos for the alchemic phone 7 game.im really frustrated with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Angry birds out tomorrow for €2.99 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Angry birds out tomorrow for €2.99 :D

Meh I'm bored of it. Same **** over and over :) plus I can play it on gfs phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

does anyone know any combos for the alchemic phone 7 game.im really frustrated with it
    Sounds interesting, do you have any more info on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So, as someone who's on his 2nd Android phone (Desire and now a Desire HD), I've gotten a bit annoyed with the constant need to flash new ROMs onto it to get the best out of the phone - and fix the bugs from the last release.

I've been watching WP7 for a while now and I'm thinking my next phone may be going this route. Am I mad, or is Android still ahead of the game for now?
    Also what phone? I've become very fond of the big screen on the HD but the LG Optimus over in Bargain Alerts at the moment looks tempting too - and €160 or so on ebay from Germany - so maybe it'd be a good introduction...

Or would I be better waiting for the next generation of handsets around Christmas and deciding then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Yeah you can install apps from the zune store. They take a few minutes to be synchronized with your phone though.

• Advertisement

I always open the marketplace and press home button and let it run in the background. It always works for me :)

Though id sooner connect to wifi at home and download apps or updates its just handier, than hoping that its syncing the apps in the background

If ya like Angry Birds yes :) Theres been very few XBL Games yet on Windows Phone that disappointed me after forking out money for them. Their all high quality and never had a problem. You can always use the trial before buying :P
    Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    So, as someone who's on his 2nd Android phone (Desire and now a Desire HD), I've gotten a bit annoyed with the constant need to flash new ROMs onto it to get the best out of the phone - and fix the bugs from the last release.

I've been watching WP7 for a while now and I'm thinking my next phone may be going this route. Am I mad, or is Android still ahead of the game for now?
    Also what phone? I've become very fond of the big screen on the HD but the LG Optimus over in Bargain Alerts at the moment looks tempting too - and €160 or so on ebay from Germany - so maybe it'd be a good introduction...

Or would I be better waiting for the next generation of handsets around Christmas and deciding then?

Well personally i think Omnia 7 is the best one out there (even with the updating problem which are fixed now) just you need an amoled screen for WP7, audio, camera and battery life is also better on Omnia 7. It makes such a big difference. Then again LG is unbelievable value. Also smaller screen means better graphics than Omnia 7 or HD7.

If ya do want to go for Omnia 7 id go on Amazon to ship over the 16GB version from Germany T-Mobile. Its just alot better than crappy 8GB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

Just read these 2 new reviews on Gizmodo and Engadget about the new WP7 update coming out soon. Remember that Mango isn't even finished yet and there's lots of new features they don't even know about.

€160 is a bargin for the LG Optimus 7, the thing with WP7 is it just works!

http://gizmodo.com/5813901/the-next-windows-phone-its-pretty-great

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/27/windows-phone-7-5-mango-in-depth-preview-video/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Only by credit card, as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

Windows Phone 7.1 SDK Beta 2 released and public Mango Beta for registered App Hub developers announced: http://ot/NJgg

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

Correct link is http://bit.ly/irZ6Hd

simi956 wrote: »
    Correct link is http://bit.ly/irZ6Hd

It looks like its been release a day early as there's supposed to be a "juicy" surprise tomorrow.

http://www.neowin.net/news/wp7-microsoft-hints-that-mango-beta-could-be-imminent

Try " Lil' Demons: Splatter " :) Awesome 1st person shooter :)

Way better than Angry Birds :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

AntiVirus wrote: »
    It looks like its been release a day early as there's supposed to be a "juicy" surprise tomorrow.

http://www.neowin.net/news/wp7-microsoft-hints-that-mango-beta-could-be-imminent
    Actual release date to be announced tomorrow maybe?

Actual release date to be announced tomorrow maybe?

Could be? Not long now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Not sure if this is the right thread, but didn't think it warranted it's own one.

Like many others I ordered the LG Optimus 7, just wonder can anyone recommend a cover for it? I'm thinking along the lines of a gel cover with a screen protector (clear film type thing).

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but didn't think it warranted it's own one.

Like many others I ordered the LG Optimus 7, just wonder can anyone recommend a cover for it? I'm thinking along the lines of a gel cover with a screen protector (clear film type thing).

Thanks

This is what I ended up getting for my Optimus 7 and it works a charm, I got myself a black one and a clear one. The clear went kinda yellow, as cheap materials generally do, but the black still looks great, and does a wonderful job too.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/2-x-Blue-TPU-GEL-Case-Cover-LG-E900-Optimus-7-/170654020226?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item27bbc5b282#ht_2730wt_1096

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

DjFlin wrote: »
    This is what I ended up getting for my Optimus 7 and it works a charm, I got myself a black one and a clear one. The clear went kinda yellow, as cheap materials generally do, but the black still looks great, and does a wonderful job too.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/2-x-Blue-TPU-GEL-Case-Cover-LG-E900-Optimus-7-/170654020226?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item27bbc5b282#ht_2730wt_1096

Yup i got this one in black too and it's great. Definitely worth a shot.

Just been reading a thread over on xda where they have the Mango update and it installs and works on unlocked LG phones. The LG is the only phone that can relock itself using the LG MFG app :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

DjFlin wrote: »

Thanks. The link is to a blue cover and he doesn't seem to have a black one? (Or am I just blind?) Look perfect though.

Cheers

Edit: Just looking for screen covers too, I had an Invisible Shied for my Ipod Touch and it was great, but www.zagg.com doesn't seem to have a shield for the LG E900 Optimus 7 model yet, they have other optimus' though. Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

The Facebook app got a quiet update to version 2.0 this morning and brings with it live tiles and push notifications; even better you can specify what kinds of notifications you want or not.

If WP7 wasn't the ultimate Facebook platform before I think it would be safe to say it is now ;-)

Got an email invite to the Mango beta this morning. Downloading it as I type this, cant wait :D
    The Facebook app got a quiet update to version 2.0 this morning and brings with it live tiles and push notifications; even better you can specify what kinds of notifications you want or not.

If WP7 wasn't the ultimate Facebook platform before I think it would be safe to say it is now ;-)

Odd, I'm not getting any update notification. Does it have chat?
    T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Thanks. The link is to a blue cover and he doesn't seem to have a black one? (Or am I just blind?) Look perfect though.

Cheers

Edit: Just looking for screen covers too, I had an Invisible Shied for my Ipod Touch and it was great, but www.zagg.com doesn't seem to have a shield for the LG E900 Optimus 7 model yet, they have other optimus' though. Hmmm

I just searched and picked the closest one I could find. Look for "LG E900 Gel" and you'll get some good ones. (E900 is the devices official name)

As far as screen protectors go, just do a search for 3.8 inch screen protectors.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now have 2.0. Its nice enough I suppose. About time they added live tiles.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement