Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

fat bloke wrote: »
    Have you any more info on that?

I bought my wife an unlocked omnia 7 and it's great but 3G doesn't work on it. The little symbol is there and it's turned on and everything, but when you try the browser it just times out. - Is that something the provider could sort out do you reckon? (Vodafone). Does she need to get 3G settings updated on it or something? It works fine on wifi.

I'm with Vodafone too and this app sorted it out for me anyway. Just go into the marketplace on the phone, and one of the menu options should be for the Samsung zone. There's an app there, I think it's called Network Profile or something like that (don't have my Omnia at the moment). When you install and run it it lets you pick your coountry and network and then it sets up all the APN/3g/MMS etc settings for you and reboots the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

okay ive got zune working it just needed an update but the 3G still wont work.im with 02

what update?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,597 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

when i connected it to my laptop it said there was an update available for zune.its probably an old one but i only got the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

okay ive got zune working it just needed an update but the 3G still wont work.im with 02

I'm on O2 as well and I have my 3G APN set as "pp.internet". This works perfect for me but you will need a data add on on PAYG or else you have to use the 99c a day charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Tomorrows XBL game should be Plants vs Zombies. Grab Rise of Glory before it goes away :) its def worthy game

• Advertisement

There's a new touch version of boards.ie :)
    Go to touch.boards.ie :) works better than m.boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

There's a new touch version of boards.ie :)
    Go to touch.boards.ie :) works better than m.boards :)

It's nice, but they've gone way overboard on the advertising.

Bejeweled Live is DOW 2.99
    Plants vs Zombies is up there as the new XBL game for 4.99 (downloading now) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Downloading the trial of Plants VS. Zombies now.

Is Bejewled worth a purchase, in your opinion?

• Advertisement

Downloading the trial of Plants VS. Zombies now.

Is Bejewled worth a purchase, in your opinion?

Its worth it if you like endless games :-) its good when your bored :-) took hours to get some achievements :-) still can't get them all. Just go for the trial :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Just was watching a mango preview where they demonstrated some features of sliverlight on wp7 mango and it was hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Plants vs Zombies might be my first game purchase on the phone.

I have it on Steam and bought it on the 360's popcap sale yesterday, but it is perfect for the phone i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Nokia's first WP7 device has been leaked today... Quite surprised it's not already posted here!
    I'm posting this from my Omnia 7, so not sure if the link will work properly.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/23/nokias-first-windows-phone-images-and-video/?m=false#0_undefined,0_

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Undead wrote: »
    Nokia's first WP7 device has been leaked today... Quite surprised it's not already posted here!
    I'm posting this from my Omnia 7, so not sure if the link will work properly.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/23/nokias-first-windows-phone-images-and-video/?m=false#0_undefined,0_

I'm pretty sure it's a staged leak. He asks a few times for no one to take pictures or film, yet its all recorded and edit by specifically to be shown. This was not recorded by some one with a little camera phone. This has been leaked to start the gossip rolling...

We won't know until the first phones are out or until nokia tells us what they have change/added to the OS/phone but Microsoft have allowed Nokia alot more freedom when it comes to WP7 than any of the other companies.

“We have the ability to do customisations and extensions to the software environment that are unique and therefore differentiate. It’s very important to understand this is not a standard OEM agreement. Microsoft is placing a big bet on us.”

You can read more about it below.
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/38495/nokia-windows-phone-7-changes

Gizmdo have a nice video clip showing you some of the new feature's in the Mango update. Also they seem to really like the new Mango update.

http://gizmodo.com/5813901/the-next-windows-phone-its-pretty-great

:)

Brand. Even though Nokia sales are down they still sell alot of phones. Maybe just enough to accelerate WP7 growth faster. Also if u look up the details of Nokia Microsoft seal. Nokia is allowing Microsoft to use their services. So ovi maps will be merged into Bing, carrier billing and availability in more countries and so on :)

• Advertisement

Brand. Even though Nokia sales are down they still sell alot of phones. Maybe just enough to accelerate WP7 growth faster. Also if u look up the details of Nokia Microsoft seal. Nokia is allowing Microsoft to use their services. So ovi maps will be merged into Bing, carrier billing and availability in more countries and so on :)

I hope that some of the ovi maps functionality will be available to other wp7 users (I love the offline navigation)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Just was watching a mango preview where they demonstrated some features of sliverlight on wp7 mango and it was hilarious :D

Are they on about silverlight as a dev tool or silverlight on WP7?

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing to be honest. Suppose we'll have to wait and see.

I agree. If they start doing custom **** that means that HTC Samsung or LG owners will get the updates faster cause they won't be updating custom features. This would leave alot of Nokia owners angry

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

AntiVirus wrote: »

“We have the ability to do customisations and extensions to the software environment that are unique and therefore differentiate. It’s very important to understand this is not a standard OEM agreement. Microsoft is placing a big bet on us.”

You can read more about it below.
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/38495/nokia-windows-phone-7-changes

"We are going to be allowed to put tits on a bull"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Is anyone else using the new touch boards? Can you see the smileys/emoticons in a post? They aren't showing up for me. Its just blank. Can only notice they are there when I go to quote a post.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Is anyone else using the new touch boards? Can you see the smileys/emoticons in a post? They aren't showing up for me. Its just blank. Can only notice they are there when I go to quote a post.

Some aspects of the touch boards site are not working properly for me. One example of this is that the "forum" button is inside the search box.

That Pac-Man: Championship Edition DX is pretty good fun for a pacman game! :pac:

You guys should show your support for a windows phone 7 sub forum. I think It would be a great idea

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72921258

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Trevor451 wrote: »
    You guys should show your support for a windows phone 7 sub forum. I think It would be a great idea

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72921258

It's a nice idea, but I don't think there's the demand for it, and there likely won't be for a while

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement