Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I just noticed i've kept my new years resolution....at christmas i was just feeling so crappy...feeling invisible in my own family...ironic how the elephant in the room could be invisible....

my resolution wasn't to lose weight...it was to just be more positive ab..out my self, put my self out there....get noticed...first few weeks had to kinda keep drilling it into my self...come on....gotta make it happen for your self...made my self grow a pair and stop being so afraid and negative..

well i think it worked :O i think i've like reprogrammed my brain :O i dont jump straight to the negative half as much as I used to....like this weekend just gone..yeah i ate all round me....but feck it...first thing this morning back track...one weekend isn't going to end the journey...it was a pit stop :P

Maybe obama is onto something with this whole "yes we can" thing. believe you can....and you will! :O I think my own worst enemy has been my own negativity on my self....

but i think the kick up the arse i gave my self has flowed into my weight loss aswell...like i've lost 21lbs since january first :O i know other ppl have lost alot more than that in shorted in times...but to me 21lbs is huge progress....its consistent thats 21lbs in 19 weeks....thats an average of 1.1lb every week since the start of the year... :D If i keep that up that'll be 57lbs in 2011 + plus the 18lbs from last year....so the small numbers do add up! and can add up to some freaking huge numbers!

I now refuse to let my self think say the words "i wont be able" when it comes to my weight loss now....cos well...i am able....cos i am doing it!

another ramble of gibberish! lol thats prob the results of too much coffee and 2 hours sleep.....

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

misslt wrote: »
    Baked potato and tuna for lunch, om nom nom!!

Snap... with a big rocket salad...DELICIOUS and all for only 6pp:D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

After reading on here about the sunrice from Aldi, I tried them yesterday...oh holy god..they are delicious...thank you:p

brightstar wrote: »
    After reading on here about the sunrice from Aldi, I tried them yesterday...oh holy god..they are delicious...thank you:p

they are totally addictive lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MrsMoneypenny

I've just made the banana muffins, they smell devine :-) am so excited to try them :-)

Anyway was wondering what are the points for the full recipe, I know 6 portions 3pp each but is it as simple as saying full recipe 18pps? Was wondering would it work if I made it as a bread type in a loaf tin? Would it rise etc or is this purely muffins only?

Sorry to bother ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

I seriously need a kick up the ass! Having such a **** day,hate my job and feeling crap too which doesnt help. I know this might be TMI but really need to go to the loo and cant! feel so bloated and manky, drinking loads of water in the hope that it will help! Have WI 2moro so want to feel better by then! Sorry for rant but just so frustrated!!!!!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

Do you have 29pp a day? What have you eaten so far today? Apparently trying to keep your 3 main meals as evenly pointed as possible is the best way, so if you've eaten breakfast and lunch then 13pp would be a good amount to have left for dinner. But I can't do it that way. I was eating 7pp for breakfast (wholemeal toast) but I found I was eating too many carbs so now I only have 2pp for breakfast (0% Fat Activia 2pp, an apple and a banana 0pp), then I have up to 12pp for lunch and then I've a huge 20pp left over for the rest of the day (I'm on 33pp a day). I tend to spend about 13-16pp on dinner and then sometimes I'll use the rest of them on a snack and sometimes I won't.

I don't know if this is a good way to do it but it's how I find it easiest and I never get starving. If you feel you don't have many points left by 2 o'clock in the day then you need to adjust your breakfast and lunch, and maybe cut out the snacks or swap them for 0pp fruit.

Ya im on 29pp. I think il re ajust the breakfast and lunch . finished dinner now and 5pp left

fionas046 wrote: »
    Exercise definatly helps, but if you're like me, you hate exercise! So, I found something a little different to get my pulse racing. I go to line dancing and Ballroom dancing lessons 3 times a week. Talk about fun! And OMG do you sweat!

Find something you love, don't do something that you hate, you just won't stick to it long term. :)

i like arobics so il do that and with the running around after the kids should do it hopefully , thanks:D

kty wrote: »
    I seriously need a kick up the ass! Having such a **** day,hate my job and feeling crap too which doesnt help. I know this might be TMI but really need to go to the loo and cant! feel so bloated and manky, drinking loads of water in the hope that it will help! Have WI 2moro so want to feel better by then! Sorry for rant but just so frustrated!!!!!!!:(

You can buy the fibre in powder form, it disappears in your tea/coffee. Prunes are great, nothin worse when you feel like that. chin up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

2fat wrote: »
    Ya im on 29pp. I think il re ajust the breakfast and lunch . finished dinner now and 5pp left

Do you mind me asking what time you go to bed at? As it seems very little to last between now and say 9. What you could do is have 4 smaller meals and spread them throughout the day. It could be a better way to make the points last.

You can buy the fibre in powder form, it disappears in your tea/coffee. Prunes are great, nothin worse when you feel like that. chin up

Thanks 2fat, will try them. Just one of those days where you just wanna crawl under the duvet! And to top it all off, I have the Dentist this eve, have to get a filling, only good thing is i suppose i wont be able to eat after it!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

So you have breakfast, lunch and dinner all before 4 o'clock? Maybe you could spread your meals out a bit more?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

oh i just worked out that percentage thingy:D i've lost 24% of my body weight:D

kty wrote: »
    Thanks 2fat, will try them. Just one of those days where you just wanna crawl under the duvet! And to top it all off, I have the Dentist this eve, have to get a filling, only good thing is i suppose i wont be able to eat after it!!!:rolleyes:

We all have days like that, after dentist buy a mag and jump into the bath. thought i was gona fling one of the kids out the window yesterday:D , just had a an apple and took few deep breaths, the old me would have ate the entire fridge so i suppose its just a matter of changing things around. good luck at the dentist, hopefully it wont be to painful

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

brightstar wrote: »
    i've never bought them but have heard so much,,i wish they were individually(sp) wrapped tho,,i dont trust myself to buy them otherwise:D

So you have breakfast, lunch and dinner all before 4 o'clock? Maybe you could spread your meals out a bit more?

ya will defo re adjust. wil probably starve for the night now, still gettin used to the plan:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 velleity

Had my second WI today and lost one pound. I'm coming to accept that I will never be one of those people who loses big one week to the next. I guess it's just not the way my body is built. But, if I'd been eating the way I was before I joined I'd probably be up by a pound this week, so to be down is better.

I'm getting serious envy from your percentages. But also inspiration. For now, I'm just focusing on my 5%, and I trust that in time they'll build up.

kty, sorry you are having such a lousy day. Mybe if you're not too wrecked from the dentist you could do some kickboxing or something and beat the frustration out on something. ;)

tantipie, congrats on your percentages. That is fantastic.

We all have days like that, after dentist buy a mag and jump into the bath. thought i was gona fling one of the kids out the window yesterday:D , just had a an apple and took few deep breaths, the old me would have ate the entire fridge so i suppose its just a matter of changing things around. good luck at the dentist, hopefully it wont be to painful
    Will do that now if i have the energy! Hoping it wont be painful either, thanks a mil.;)

velleity wrote: »
    kty, sorry you are having such a lousy day. Mybe if you're not too wrecked from the dentist you could do some kickboxing or something and beat the frustration out on something. ;)

Oh id actually love too believe me, but have a trapped nerve in my foot at the mo and cant do much till i get the MRI on it! Its a balls, thanks though.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Oh Kty that sounds awful! Ya poor pet.... Maybe a nice hot bath and mags would be on the cards...

Folks, had my worst week of eating since January - dont know what I was doing at all - ordered a satay chinese with all the chinkers trimmings and now popped on the scales there and looks like am up at least 2 pounds :(:(:(

Does excerise show on the scales immediately? Hope NOT! Ran the legs off myself after wat a SINFUL night eating/drinking I had friday....

velleity wrote: »
    Had my second WI today and lost one pound. I'm coming to accept that I will never be one of those people who loses big one week to the next. I guess it's just not the way my body is built. But, if I'd been eating the way I was before I joined I'd probably be up by a pound this week, so to be down is better.

I'm getting serious envy from your percentages. But also inspiration. For now, I'm just focusing on my 5%, and I trust that in time they'll build up.

tantipie, congrats on your percentages. That is fantastic.

Thats it velleity - joining WW I was convinced that my bodys metabolism was so slow that it was actually physically impossible for me to loose any weight! Since starting in January, Ive had plenty of weeks where I'd be down a half a pound, but hey its a journey as they say. Ive put on two weeks since january, and find that with huge losses I had, I always put on the week after!

Well done on your loss - Love your thinking, jeepers Id only shudder to think what size I would be now if I didnt bite the bullet and join WW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Girls any nice recipes for dinners??

javagal wrote: »
    Girls any nice recipes for dinners??

Just had chilli con caire which was pretty good - 6pp for the rice, and im pointing a portion of sauce with it at about 5pp....

Half ristorane pizza is another good one.

I also LOVE lyold grossmans chilli chicken sauce with pasta - its low on points aswell - fry chicken, throw in few mushrooms/peppers/veg and add sauce - think its about 5 or 6pp for sauce and 6pp for pasta

Enjoy

I've just made the banana muffins, they smell devine :-) am so excited to try them :-)

Anyway was wondering what are the points for the full recipe, I know 6 portions 3pp each but is it as simple as saying full recipe 18pps? Was wondering would it work if I made it as a bread type in a loaf tin? Would it rise etc or is this purely muffins only?

Sorry to bother ya!

i think the full recipe was like 20pp I've constantly been tweaking my own copy of the recipe in the ww recipe builder, so its prob changed it slightly since posting it here. I'm complete novice to baking so i honestly couldn't tell anything about how it would be in a loaf. i like the muffins cos the portions are pre-defined

Eabhabear wrote: »
    WOW :eek: that's fantastic! I've a 12.86% weight loss since I started last Sep. It's slow but I don't mind because it's staying off bar a lb give or take.

Had a terrible weekend food wise and I'm now dreading my WI. Might go on Thurs to give myself an extra day to try and salvage a STS. I know its cheating but I'll allow it because of exams! Like you Lainy I'm finished Thurs so I plan on getting back on track with exercise and eating properly.

I think Im gona do the same Eabha, had a brutal weekend eating wise, kinda weird in that I was eating like my old self without even realising. I know I shouldnt but might wait til wednesday, just feel so bloated today. Its a "Love to just crawl under the devut with a giant bag of sweets day"! Hope exams are going well :)

another dinner party tomorrow! I'm just going to eat healthy in general....eat when im actually hungery...and drink lashings of water! Start fresh saturday again! I'm exhausted...went to be last night at 8 o clock! tossed and turned all night long and was up at 5.30 this morning to get in an hour or so of study before exam at nine.

when i got home today...i DID crawl under the duvet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

boxoff wrote: »
    Just had chilli con caire which was pretty good - 6pp for the rice, and im pointing a portion of sauce with it at about 5pp....

Half ristorane pizza is another good one.

I also LOVE lyold grossmans chilli chicken sauce with pasta - its low on points aswell - fry chicken, throw in few mushrooms/peppers/veg and add sauce - think its about 5 or 6pp for sauce and 6pp for pasta

Enjoy
    They sound great but I could NEVER eat half a pizza!
    Can u gimme the recipe for your chili please?

Have chicken caccatoire pasta bake bubbling away in there yum!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    another dinner party tomorrow! I'm just going to eat healthy in general....eat when im actually hungery...and drink lashings of water! Start fresh saturday again! I'm exhausted...went to be last night at 8 o clock! tossed and turned all night long and was up at 5.30 this morning to get in an hour or so of study before exam at nine.

when i got home today...i DID crawl under the duvet!

Haha bet you didnt take a bag of sweets under the devut with ya! hope exams are going well - heading out myself saturday with my friends for lunch then invited to a work dinner, Il hardly do the two but jez after this wekend I hope I have a brilliant week cos im gona need it! Hada sneaky look on the scales a moment ago and reckon im 2 pounds up :( I blame "having a life!" - oh hate tossing and turning, maybe try a lil excerise this eve followed by a nice shower/bath!

• Advertisement

boxoff wrote: »
    Haha bet you didnt take a bag of sweets under the devut with ya! hope exams are going well - heading out myself saturday with my friends for lunch then invited to a work dinner, Il hardly do the two but jez after this wekend I hope I have a brilliant week cos im gona need it! Hada sneaky look on the scales a moment ago and reckon im 2 pounds up :( I blame "having a life!" - oh hate tossing and turning, maybe try a lil excerise this eve followed by a nice shower/bath!

blinking is about as much exercise i can manage today i think...and even thats a struggle...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement