Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Baby75 wrote: »
    wow seems like we all had one of those weekends! it was my nanas 96th Birthday yesterday and all my aunties are brill at making cakes to die for!
    Snap - my nana is 94 today! And still as sharp as a blade - she'd buy and sell ya!! :D May I follow in her footsteps!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I have just done a grueling session on the step machine, a fast pace 30 minute session and 4 rounds of jumping jacks. Wrecked, I should be able to do more than that, I think its the oul 2 day hangover kicking in.

Never stopped eating all weekend. Was away for a friends birthday so had about 8 cocktails on Sat night, big fry Sun morning and BBQ Sun afternoon. Dorritos are just always the killer for me, lethal:eek:. I was good with my dinner opting for a chicken skewer and salads and then the crisps came out. Also had a healthy slab of birthday cake too. :rolleyes:

So back on track this morning had a smoothie and scrambled eggs. Fish and veg for lunch and maybe lentil bolognase for dinner. No snacks for me this week before WI on Thursday. Was up 1.5 last week and was devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

WI tonight...definitely going to be up!

Aw well, I have found I have my best weeks the week after I've been up.

The end is in sight exam wise, thank god, Saturday is my last one, then I can get stuck back in to WW with a vengeance.

Just realised I got my 10% last week, I had forgotten my card so was using a temporary one - I knew what my weight last week was and was concentrating on getting the silver 7 I never thought about the other! Will that show up tonight when I'm back on my old card?

Whoever was talking about ReadyBrek the other day put me in the notion for it, I went and bought a box and had some for my breakfast, brought me back yeeears! Just like being a child again :)

Baked potato and tuna for lunch, om nom nom!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ugh I've been so bad the last couple of weeks. Need to get back on track properly! I think I might be down this week though, simply due to being too hungover to eat yesterday :o (I must come across as a right alco on here!)

I'm down to a 3-day week in work :( My usual class is 18.45 on Tuesday evenings but I won't be working on Tuesdays and I know that if I'm at home I'll eat more during the day than if I was in work and had a more structured eating plan. So I found out there's a 10.15 class in the next town on Tuesday mornings and am going to give that one a go tomorrow and see what the leader's like. I'm hoping to use my 2 extra free days a week to get some more exercise done. I'd really love to buy a bike but can't afford one at the moment. Will have to keep my eye out for some second hand ones on adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

irishfm wrote: »
    i pm you and never got a response :(:(

Has happened a few times now, myself included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Monife wrote: »
    Where do you get the WW chips Lainy? Are they nice and how much to you get for how many PP? :)

there the old ww chips...there not great to be honest...they're handy for emergencies...and compared to potatoes they are a complete waste of pp value!

100g ww chips is 5pp.....where 100g of raw potatoes is 2pp... much better point value to just make your down wedges from potatoes....

I got the chips at christmas they have the old system on them, havent seen them anywhere since christmas. they mightn't be on the new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

with the weight league, maybe if people miss a week, just let them back in the next week, just give a weekly % and an overall %, this way new people could constanly join as well as people could forget a week and not drop out completely?

PS: just change my settings so I can see signatures .... to all: Nice!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    with the weight league, maybe if people miss a week, just let them back in the next week, just give a weekly % and an overall %, this way new people could constanly join as well as people could forget a week and not drop out completely?

Yeah that's why I had to drop out, I missed a week.

It worked out well that I had to drop out though when I saw that people's starting weights had been posted last week. I wouldn't have been happy with that had I still been on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Lady Lainy wrote: »

Lady Lainy, you're a legend! 42.81% weight loss. Now I'm motivated to finish! Thanks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

did you try goin into user cp and clicking on edit profile?? i don't know if you can change it but sure 2fat,nobody knows you in person so it dosent matter,in another few weeks you'll be 2thin!!!!

fionas046 wrote: »
    Lady Lainy, you're a legend! 42.81% weight loss. Now I'm motivated to finish! Thanks ;)

thats how much you've lost so far? that is AMAZING! I need to lose about the same amount :O big number....but i can do it...eventually.

Currently at 11.94% loss in total, I'd lost it....then gained some back....over college. but lost that again since christmas...so i'm currently back where i was last august before college :D

I've lost 6.47% since Jan 1st :D YIPEEEE

I' havent lost in the last 3 weeks cos of exams, special occasions, and studying and lack of sleep...i've tracked it...when i'm not sleeping properly my body go bonkers...but exams finished this thursday...going to hit the ground running ww wise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

WOW :eek: that's fantastic! I've a 12.86% weight loss since I started last Sep. It's slow but I don't mind because it's staying off bar a lb give or take.

Had a terrible weekend food wise and I'm now dreading my WI. Might go on Thurs to give myself an extra day to try and salvage a STS. I know its cheating but I'll allow it because of exams! Like you Lainy I'm finished Thurs so I plan on getting back on track with exercise and eating properly.

misslt wrote: »
    WI tonight...definitely going to be up!

Aw well, I have found I have my best weeks the week after I've been up.

The end is in sight exam wise, thank god, Saturday is my last one, then I can get stuck back in to WW with a vengeance.

Just realised I got my 10% last week, I had forgotten my card so was using a temporary one - I knew what my weight last week was and was concentrating on getting the silver 7 I never thought about the other! Will that show up tonight when I'm back on my old card?

Whoever was talking about ReadyBrek the other day put me in the notion for it, I went and bought a box and had some for my breakfast, brought me back yeeears! Just like being a child again :)

Baked potato and tuna for lunch, om nom nom!!

the readybrek totally suits me better than the flavhans :O the readybrek doesnt burn the mouth off me so i'm not waiting for it to cool down and eat it...which is great when i'm rushing in the mornings! :D and looking on tesco....2.80 for big 750g box.....thats value...when your weighing it out...that last nearly 2 weeks or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I got these wholemeal wraps in Aldi today, they look great and work out at 4ppts each.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    thats how much you've lost so far? that is AMAZING! I need to lose about the same amount :O big number....but i can do it...eventually.

Currently at 11.94% loss in total, I'd lost it....then gained some back....over college. but lost that again since christmas...so i'm currently back where i was last august before college :D

I've lost 6.47% since Jan 1st :D YIPEEEE

I' havent lost in the last 3 weeks cos of exams, special occasions, and studying and lack of sleep...i've tracked it...when i'm not sleeping properly my body go bonkers...but exams finished this thursday...going to hit the ground running ww wise!

Yep! 8st 13lbs and only 3lb left to go! However, I've had no real loss since January, up 1 down 1 sort or senerio. Very frustrating. :confused:

But I'll get there, when I started this, I reckoned I had not chance of ever finishing but was happy enough with that. All I wanted was to be in a size 16 and no more. Boy did I smile when I bought my first 12.

Keep up your good work, if I can do it anyone can! Good luck with the rest of your exams. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clarelassie

Wow - well done you fionas046!!! That is some serious and brilliant change of life for you! Gives the rest of us hope!!

I have my first WI this Wed - fairly hopeful as mainly I was good bar a few drinks on Sat night out of my weekly allowance. I really like the new pro points so far the way you have a daily and a weekly so when you need to splurge out you can!!

Thanks all for all the helpful posts so far - just been following this for the past few days. All tips gratefully received!! :D

lady lainy,you're a whizz on computer,just did the % thing,ive lost 7.6% since jan 6th!! = 15.5 lbs,when you look at it that way thats now too bad at all!!:P;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

hollyhock wrote: »
    did you try goin into user cp and clicking on edit profile?? i don't know if you can change it but sure 2fat,nobody knows you in person so it dosent matter,in another few weeks you'll be 2thin!!!!

THATS true, thanks

Yep! 8st 13lbs and only 3lb left to go! However, I've had no real loss since January, up 1 down 1 sort or senerio. Very frustrating. :confused:

But I'll get there, when I started this, I reckoned I had not chance of ever finishing but was happy enough with that. All I wanted was to be in a size 16 and no more. Boy did I smile when I bought my first 12.

Keep up your good work, if I can do it anyone can! Good luck with the rest of your exams. :)
    well done,that is some achievment!! you must look and feel great!!

• Advertisement

lady lainy,you're a whizz on computer,just did the % thing,ive lost 7.6% since jan 6th!! = 15.5 lbs,when you look at it that way thats now too bad at all!!:P;)

the computer is my 2nd mother lol it raised me! (it prob also helped me put on the weight...lol the world wide web....the world at your fingertips so you dont have to get off your arse) LOL but now its a tool...

I have 13 pp left and its only 1.40 . How does everyone manage them out throughout the day

had 2 biscuits this morning at 4pp and a yoghurt that was 6 so that added them up

well done,that is some achievment!! you must look and feel great!!

Thanks Hollyhock,

I do feel great, have soooo much more energy for life and I think I look ok!!:o

are people doing alot of exercise , maybe i need to up my game a little:rolleyes:

2fat wrote: »
    had 2 biscuits this morning at 4pp and a yoghurt that was 6 so that added them up

I found these lemon wafers in Aldi. You get three packs of them for 67c. They point at 1pp for 2small wafers. The fact that they're cream filled wafer means you can 'deconstruct' them (if you catch my drift) when eating and they take longer to eat that way. They also come in a Hazelnut flavour. Also the WW desert yougarts are only 1pp each and sooo nice.

If you go this way, you spend 2pp instead of 6pp and still dont feel deprived! ;)

I have 13 pp left and its only 1.40 . How does everyone manage them out throughout the day

Do you have 29pp a day? What have you eaten so far today? Apparently trying to keep your 3 main meals as evenly pointed as possible is the best way, so if you've eaten breakfast and lunch then 13pp would be a good amount to have left for dinner. But I can't do it that way. I was eating 7pp for breakfast (wholemeal toast) but I found I was eating too many carbs so now I only have 2pp for breakfast (0% Fat Activia 2pp, an apple and a banana 0pp), then I have up to 12pp for lunch and then I've a huge 20pp left over for the rest of the day (I'm on 33pp a day). I tend to spend about 13-16pp on dinner and then sometimes I'll use the rest of them on a snack and sometimes I won't.

I don't know if this is a good way to do it but it's how I find it easiest and I never get starving. If you feel you don't have many points left by 2 o'clock in the day then you need to adjust your breakfast and lunch, and maybe cut out the snacks or swap them for 0pp fruit.

Well done Fiona, thats fantastic news. An inspiration to us all:)

are people doing alot of exercise , maybe i need to up my game a little:rolleyes:

Exercise definatly helps, but if you're like me, you hate exercise! So, I found something a little different to get my pulse racing. I go to line dancing and Ballroom dancing lessons 3 times a week. Talk about fun! And OMG do you sweat!

Find something you love, don't do something that you hate, you just won't stick to it long term. :)

• Advertisement

just wondering where are all the old buddies gone??? as in;MISS PIGGY40,PINKCHICK,CAROLINE SPRING,AND JWACQUI(she would be very like lainy with posts etc and advice). if any of ye are still reading posts or goin to ww,let us know how ye're all gettin on!!!! maybe ye all have modeling contracts now and are famous,love to hear from ye xx:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement