Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

great but how do you make em :)

I just combined everything in a batter...and threw them in the oven for about 15mins at about 200

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Monife wrote: »
    Down 4lbs at WI tonight, absolutely delighted!!! To say I did a dance on the scales is an understatement!!! Got my 6th silver seven and my 3rd stone :D:D:D Looks like my plan worked, although wont be doing that every week but its a nice pick me up!

Going to catch up on posts now, was just dying to post 1st :D

Delighted for you Monife. 3 stone WoW. well done.

Right determined to have two perfect days before WI...going to do 15 mins on treadmill in the morning....to just wake my system up..then

breakfast: oatmeal, skimmed milk, Skinny Mocha, Pint of Water 6pp

Study

Lunch: 2 scrambled eggs, Large can of ww spaghetti 10pp

Study

45 mins on treadmill

Dinner: Boiled Potatoes + George Forman Chicken Breast. peas + corn 14pp

I'm sure there will a few extra bits sneak in, but thats the core of the eating for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    i think you can get Quorn steaks...wonder would they work in it

I think you can actually, I personally don't like quorn, but it would reduce the pp for those meat eaters..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

m'lady wrote: »
    I think you can actually, I personally don't like quorn, but it would reduce the pp for those meat eaters..

If you want protein lentils work great as a mince / steak substitute :) I live with a vegetarian...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Wow Monife well done might give that a go coz I've 3 more WI's till my holidays and would be amazing if I was down in the 14's for it (havent seen that weight since about 4th yr in school so 10+ yrs Jasus!!!)

Thanks. Yeah I can't wait to get into the 14 stone bracket, 3lbs away :) Last time I was 14 stone was when I was 14yo about 9 and a half years ago!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I'd love that plan if you wouldn't mind. I plan on really focusing on toning once my exams are finished!

For your inspiration think of the washboard stomach you'll have once you do a few weeks of them ;)

Hi Eabha, I'll post it tonight - didn't get a chance last night as had to go to out for a bit! You are right, I was looking at my tum while I was getting ready for bed last night and decided I defo have to do something about it! So going to start this weekend! Will aim to do the w/o twice a week!

WI tonight, I hope to God, I'm down! I was really good this week! Used only 21 weeklies, stuck to my 29 every day except last Sat when I went out for my birthday dinner. Have exercised every day except Friday and last night! If I'm not down, I will cry :(

Just on the carbs issue, I could not avoid carbs, I'd be starving! Fair play to anyone doing it, you have my utmost admiration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

Down 2.5 at WI Got my 5th silver 7 feeling very pleased with myself :D

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Just on the carbs issue, I could not avoid carbs, I'd be starving! Fair play to anyone doing it, you have my utmost admiration!

Oh I couldnt avoid carbs either! I just was giving myself a boost/good week as I was getting really p**sed off with the crappy results the last few weeks. I am back to my cereal in the morning today. Missed it! I might alternate a few days with cereal and a few with fruit salad, and the same with lunches, salads a few days and sambo's or wraps the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Thanks. Yeah I can't wait to get into the 14 stone bracket, 3lbs away :) Last time I was 14 stone was when I was 14yo about 9 and a half years ago!!

we're about the same ive 4lbs to go to get into the 14's

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Had WI yesterday evening and was down 3lbs :D woohoo.
    Oh and it was me who gave the bun recipe Lainy and your very welcome. thank God I have a greedy bunch in this house cos between my OH and the kids they were all gone in 2 days and I made 2 batches of them :eek: so I only had 1 he he

jackmax wrote: »
    Had WI yesterday evening and was down 3lbs :D woohoo.
    Oh and it was me who gave the bun recipe Lainy and your very welcome. thank God I have a greedy bunch in this house cos between my OH and the kids they were all gone in 2 days and I made 2 batches of them :eek: so I only had 1 he he

have to confess...i ended up having 3 last night :O they were SO nice....that i had to throw the rest of them out to the birds...it was the only way i could stop my self from eating them :O

I think i'll save them for special occasions...just too nice to have around the house...

wow everyone seems to be doing so well this week :P maybe the league table is doing its bit...

I dont feel bloated or bot bellied...but took a sneak peak on the scales and it says i'm up :O

I must have put on muscle...been excercising every day for the last week, and as i havent been using the treadmill in weeks, maybe its muscle...cos my eating hasnt been that bad to explain 2.5lbs up :O

could be slighly dehydrated too and retaining water in the heat...no coffee today....just water water water...

what ever the result is this week, all the excercise can only stand to me and maybe show next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Layla0509 wrote: »
    we're about the same ive 4lbs to go to get into the 14's

:)

Few of us in the same situation! I've 4.5lbs to go to get into the 14s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

I have just discovered Weight Watchers Caramel Wafers, they are delicious so much more luscious then Pink & Whites but still only 1pp each :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Elemis wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

well my lack of motivation showed on the scales...up 2lbs. Feel so bloody down and fed up. Once i lost the stone everything slowed down and it felt like i was losing single pounds by the skin of my teeth. Finding it very hard to keep within points and just lacking motivation full stop.

I had bought a size 12 dress for a family wedding in two weeks, it was/is a little tight but I was doing so well at the time that I figured it'd fit nicely in time. I brought it back today and got the 14. The 14 doesnt fit me round the waist as well as the 12 did, its def too big, I must be in between sizes. But what can i do only bring in to the alterations place to get the waist taken in.

The thing is I'm off on hols on sat for a week, and we're about to start trying for baby number 2, so I feel like giving it up now as whats the point.
    I'll prob be back here in a years time with a couple of extra stone to lose.

I'm just not happy being this weight (now 12st 8lbs). I was far happier in myself at 11st 1lb, and I feel its affecting my happiness and overall mood and self confidence so much.

EDIT: just reading back over my post, what the hell is wrong with me, I have so much going for me, a family holiday, a new baby, and being size 12 and a half (!) is not the end of the world, compared to what some people's problems are...I wish i could just stop feeling this way, someone tell me to cop on to myself!

Cop on to yourself!! :D The sun is shining. Size is irrelevant, for your health's sake and potential new baby's sake don't give up, try and get to that 11 stone but don't be miserable doing it, be positive. Life is wonderful.

Mollie57 wrote: »
    Always thought quinoa was carbs. My stomach wont tolerate rice pasta or noodles except in small quantities and then only occasionally so I am a spud woman

Isn't Ryvita also?

Hi everyone, i really hope someone can help me, i've recently started ww and am still trying to figure out pro points, i've been given a fabulous Baileys easter egg large of course with 12 baileys truffles in. Can anyone tell me how many propoints would be in the egg and each truffle, no nutrional information on the box it only says net weight is 445g. Hope someone can help me. Thanks

Michelle xx:o

I think the standard guide for chocolate is 15 pp for 150g.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Just had WI minus 4.

I have now lost 16% of my starting weight and come down 6.4 on the BMI scale 38.5lbs lost

The thing is I am really eating very well and some treats every week use all my dailys and all my 49points each week the only thing I don't use is activity points as I dont want to be dependant on them in case I get hurt or anything and cant exercise. I had my totm last week and i never got my usual spot the first time since i was 15..........(1/4 of a century ago) hitting 40 in July....

:D:D:D:D
    I feel really good and so Happy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I have officially just completed my first proper purchase (i.e.: not penneys) for the first time in maybe a year. I am glad to say that I finally got a job and am back to a size 12! I'm not exactly where i want to be with certain parts of my body but this is a bloomin good week for me. The first of many I hope, so I splashed out on a few tops from topshop to wear with my black skinny jeans. Whoop. WI tonight though, I just never know what to expect anymore because I go every week convinced that I haven't lost anything and then i drop either 1 lb or 0.5lb so who knows!

Off to buy a couple of sun loungers, hope i'm not getting too ahead of myself, stay away rain! :):D:):D

Does anyone else just hate when you sit down to eat something and someone asks 'Are you still doing weightwatchers??'. Grrrrrr YES I AM and I am allowed to eat, wish i had never told anyone that I was doing it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

lil kc wrote: »
    Does anyone else just hate when you sit down to eat something and someone asks 'Are you still doing weightwatchers??'. Grrrrrr YES I AM and I am allowed to eat, wish i had never told anyone that I was doing it :rolleyes:

Yes! I get that a lot with my sister.

I don't even tell anyone in my family how much I've lost on a week-to-week basis anymore. She did ask me last week how I was getting on and I said not as well as I hoped and told her I'd lost 4lbs in 4 weeks. Instead of her being encouraging (she's done WW in the past) she just goes "...oh" :mad:

oh i hear you there!!!!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    oh i hear you there!!!!

Definitely hear ya there. Brought a WW muffin (4PP) into work today for morning break and one of the girls was like eyeing up the muffin and says "How's your weightwatchers going"

GRRRRR :mad:

Definitely hear ya there. Brought a WW muffin (4PP) into work today for morning break and one of the girls was like eyeing up the muffin and says "How's your weightwatchers going"

GRRRRR :mad:

Yeah like my best friend will being me for lunch then just as I start eating will say something, also if I make a mini pizza and chips and sit down with my brother he will say something like oh I see you're being really healthy today! Ughhh he can demolish a bloomin wagon wheel pizza!

Yeah like my best friend will being me for lunch then just as I start eating will say something, also if I make a mini pizza and chips and sit down with my brother he will say something like oh I see you're being really healthy today! Ughhh he can demolish a bloomin wagon wheel pizza!

men are the worse....sure i was telling the gang....that would be ye...."the gang" :P my last ex actually would use the words "are you eat....again?" He was just an ass......but i like to think....like to hope....that some ppl just dont realise the things they say are so hurtful! just depressing to think...the people we love...the people who are meant to love us would say such hurtful nasty things on purpose....

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

How long are the banana muffins to be cooked for? I printed off the recipe a few days ago but can't see it on it? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Micki wrote: »
    How long are the banana muffins to be cooked for? I printed off the recipe a few days ago but can't see it on it? :o

I bake them at 180 for 28/30 mins!
    Enjoy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Must.Stop.Jumping.On.Scales.Every.5mins!!!!

Really, I'm not helping myself! My weight seems to yoyo every single day and I get so disheartened when it goes up.
    Think I'm just too impatient. I'm on week 11 now and only down about 7lbs. Crawling is an understatement!
    I have def improved though - seem to have lost my 'muffin top' all of a sudden! :D
    Have no work lined up for a few weeks now (I work freelance) so going to be EXTRA good now that I actually have time to cook/ plan etc.
    Off to New York for a week soon tough - that will probs blow my plan out of the water! :p

Well done for all the losses ladies. You're all doing fab!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement