Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Or else it's a lazuras like recovery like Max Branning and Peter Barlow.

I dont know who Max Branning is, but Peter Barlow was hardly ever going to be left permanently disabled. I cant remember it been said he would anyway. The only thing i remember was if he was going to pull through or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I dont know who Max Branning is, but Peter Barlow was hardly ever going to be left permanently disabled. I cant remember it been said he would anyway. The only thing i remember was if he was going to pull through or not.

Who mentioned Permanently?

Max Branning is in Eastenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,118 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was hoping for a miracle recovery for Jackson myself :(

Emmerdale’s Nicola (Nicola Wheeler) and Carl (Tom Lister) will be relived to find Jimmy (Nick Miles) alive but in hospital tonight after his disappearance last week, but are shocked by the news that the haulage boss has amnesia.
    Whilst he is out of danger, the head injury he sustained, caused by a blow to the head delivered by his ex-fiancee Kelly Windsor (Adele Silva), has caused him to not remember anything, including what happened, or who anyone is.

Whilst originally not deterred by such information, and making it her personal challenge to make him remember, it would seem that Nicola’s pushy personality is to much for a newly introduced Jimmy, who breaks her heart by recoiling from her touch and refusing to share a bed with her.
    It has not yet been revealed if this memory loss is temporary or permanent, nor has it been said what Kelly will make of the situation. Kelly is due to rejoin the cast very soon, so this could be her best chance to win back Jimmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

I was hoping they weren't going to go with the memory lose angle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ok I'm very confused here. Does Derek actually realise the fact that he raped Lisa or is he mentally ill and thinks he's done nothing wrong?

Cause he's doing a good job making me believe he's skitzo.

Either that or he's being extremely manipulative and trying to completely mess with Lisa's head.

Ok I'm very confused here. Does Derek actually realise the fact that he raped Lisa or is he mentally ill and thinks he's done nothing wrong?

Cause he's doing a good job making me believe he's skitzo.

Either that or he's being extremely manipulative and trying to completely mess with Lisa's head.

The latter could well be the case

Lisa tells tonight

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lisa tells tonight

Good

That was really upsetting. There has not yet been invented a smiley face icon that expresses how sad I feel right now.

• Advertisement

I think Derek might have raped other women before Lisa - Jai definitely didnt believe him

Poor Lisa the scenes with her and Zak were heartbreaking - amazing work by the actors

I think Derek might have raped other women before Lisa - Jai definitely didnt believe him

Poor Lisa the scenes with her and Zak were heartbreaking - amazing work by the actors

Fair city writers and actors should take note, should be made study what their emmerdale equvilants come up with.

I think the same thing, Derek did say something like "just like all the others" and it made me think he had done it before. Plus he was totally grooming Lizzy, the same way he did Lisa.

The two actors were brilliant alright, Zak's emotional reaction, the kind of helplessness and how he expressed that he had let her down, was really unexpected by me, and really powerful. It kind of showed that, like when Lisa was raped it compromised her womanhood, and the same act compromised his manhood, his role of paterfamilias, of protector.

I knew he'd be upset like, but it was more layered, not just "You were raped now I'm sad, let's hugandcry." Really packed a wallop. It was deeply upsetting and I'm a man like. I nearly phoned the helpline number that they put up afterwards.

I think the same thing, Derek did say something like "just like all the others" and it made me think he had done it before. Plus he was totally grooming Lizzy, the same way he did Lisa.

Only difference was, Lizzy was up for it. Don't think she would have objected if he had tried it on with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Only difference was, Lizzy was up for it. Don't think she would have objected if he had tried it on with her.

She thought he liked her doesn't mean that she was "up for it" and I don't think she would have wanted to have been raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

i thought zak would have gone and batterd that scumbag straight away when poor lisa told him , instead he stayed with lisa. the intence of acting in that last scene when zak was holding lisa and she was breaking her heart crying ,zak telling her ''im here now lisa ,im here.'' and yes he did rape other weman the bastard '' oh you know what they are like'' he said to jai.

shoes34 wrote: »
    She thought he liked her doesn't mean that she was "up for it" and I don't think she would have wanted to have been raped.

She probably hasn't had sex in years. She would have likey jumped at the chance to go at it. Last time I checked mutual concent between two adults does not constitute rape.
    cats.life wrote: »
    and yes he did rape other weman the bastard '' oh you know what they are like'' he said to jai.

It is wrong to draw the conclusion that he has raped others from what he said to Jai.

He said that in the context that women are slags and are all up for it, not that it's somehow OK to rape them. He isn't stupid.

She probably hasn't had sex in years. She would have likey jumped at the chance to go at it. Last time I checked mutual concent between two adults does not constitute rape.

It is wrong to draw the conclusion that he has raped others from what he said to Jai.

He said that in the context that women are slags and are all up for it, not that it's somehow OK to rape them. He isn't stupid.

Practice what you preach kiddo, I'm not trying to jump down your back or anything, but you're making massive assumptions by what you said up above about Lizzy. How could you possibly know what she was thinking? What you're basically saying is that she was well up for it which, is exactly what Derek said when he raped Lisa. (Not drawing conclusions, I'm quoting him directly).

You're saying that as soon as a man shows Lizzy any attention the knickers are down around her ankles she and assumes the position. And that is a terrible thing to say about a woman. You're making her out to be some sort of slut.

I understand where you are coming from, and why you're saying what you're saying but what I remember Lizzy saying is "It's been so long since a man showed me any attention" and "I'm lonely Lisa". NOT "Can't wait to be fc uked."

She wanted a boyfriend, a relationship.

And about what I said before, he was grooming her the same way he did Lisa. What if they were alone together doing the over time, he begins to force himself on her like he did Lisa? Lizzy says she wants to take it slow, go out a few times first. Do you think he would have given her a choice?

Does Cain know yet about Lisa? I half expected him to go mental on Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Debbie's hair is just awful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Alicat wrote: »
    Debbie's hair is just awful!

She needs to do her roots again although i prefer her being a brunette

Emmerdale's Cain Dingle will try to kill ex-fiancee Charity Tate when he flies into a jealous rage

The village bad boy - played by Jeff Hoardley - tricks his former flame into meeting him at a hotel and when their heart-to-heart is interrupted by a porter bearing a gift Charity (Emma Atkins) has bought for new man Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson), Cain sees red and pounces on his ex-lover.

Jeff said: "There's quite a personal note with the present and Cain wants to know why she never wrote stuff like that for him.

"Charity throws a flippant comment back and a red mist comes down. In a moment of craziness, he pushes a pillow over her face. He thinks, 'If I can't have you, nobody else can', but thankfully he realises what he's doing just in time."

Cain's rage comes after an evening of revelations between the pair.

Jeff revealed: "Cain pushes Charity and it's a real cat-and-mouse game for a while. She almost gives in - but then he brings up her past as a prostitute again.

"She ends up telling him stuff he never knew though, like how she was abused by one of her first clients and never got paid much - it's a real heart-to-heart."

As well as trying to win back Charity, Cain also plans revenge on Jai - by attacking the businessman's brother Nikhil (Rik Makerem).

Jeff added to Inside Soap magazine: "Despite what Cain says and does, Jai makes out he's not bothered. So Cain's plan B is to get to his brother instead.

"He tells Nikhil to have a word with Jai or he'll suffer the consequences. He gags Nikhil and ties him up - then dumps him in a bin to prove his point. Nikhil is stuck in there overnight - but Jai later tells Cain that, no matter how much bullying he does, he's not getting Charity back."

You can see Amy and David definetely hitting it off eventually.

You heard it here first!:P

You can see Amy and David definetely hitting it off eventually.

You heard it here first!:P

I cant stand Leyla so I dont mind

I laughed when I saw Nikhill in the bin and Cain delighted with himself.

Powerful stuff with Cain and Charity tonight excellent acting

So that's what it's like when doves cry

Emmerdale bosses have confirmed that show newcomer Ella Macey is to embark on an affair with a toyboy in a forthcoming storyline.

Ella - played by former Doctors actress Corrinne Wicks - is currently settled at Home Farm with on-off partner Declan (Jason Merrells), daughter Mia and former father-in-law Dermot.

However, a post on the ITV soap's official website has announced that Ella is about to stir things up by having a "steamy" relationship with a man "young enough to be her son".

The site has not named the man in question but further details are expected to be revealed in the coming weeks.

Emmerdale bosses have confirmed that show newcomer Ella Macey is to embark on an affair with a toyboy in a forthcoming storyline.

Ella - played by former Doctors actress Corrinne Wicks - is currently settled at Home Farm with on-off partner Declan (Jason Merrells), daughter Mia and former father-in-law Dermot.

However, a post on the ITV soap's official website has announced that Ella is about to stir things up by having a "steamy" relationship with a man "young enough to be her son".

The site has not named the man in question but further details are expected to be revealed in the coming weeks.

What odd Adam Barton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭glengirlie

Just wondered why Paddy Kirk is a skin head at the moment- aka no hair? Is there a reason or is it just the actor's personal choice!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement