Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nerdygirl

RVN10 wrote: »
    I said last night my bro lost 10 stone in like 8 months , here is a great video that is quite inspirational for someone who thinks they cant lose weight , he told me I could post it so enjoy

Just saw this now ......wow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Up 1.5lbs. It took all my energy not to cry. This is what my weight has been since the 5th Jan:

Week 1: -5.5lbs (first WI after Christmas on the old system)
    Week 2: STS
    Week 3: STS
    Week 4: -3
    Week 5: +1.5
    Week 6: -2
    Week 7: -0.5
    Week 8: +1.5

It's really demotivating. So I made the decision during my meeting to go back to the old points system starting tomorrow and see does it have any affect. I'm gonna spend the evening repointing everything. I'm gonna try it for a week or two. I think if I stay on propoints I'll fall off completely as I'm starting to notice old habits creeping in every Weds after WI because of the results on the scales.
    Good on you for having a plan B & not going straight to the biscuit tin. Hope it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Have a leaving do for one of the girls in work today, lunch, afternoon cake (which I prob wont have) and then drinks and canapes in the evening. Anyone know the best point friendly canapes to stick to? And also anyone know the points in the mini bottles of white wine you get in the pub? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

WI tonight - not sure how it is going to go. Did a good bit of exercise this week, but TOTM so you never know. As long as I'm not up, I'll be happy :)

Just reading over the last few pages and it seems most ppl are losing the weight slowly! Thank god it's not just me! :) I lost 8.5lbs in the first two weeks but since then it has been slow with no more than 1.5lbs per week. That said, I think that's better. I did the old plan three years ago when I had less to lose and I just couldn't stick to it. It was grand when I was losing the weight but then when I switched to maintenance, I got p'd off really quickly as I still felt I was on a diet and was constantly thinking about how many points I had left - within a year, I was back to my old habits & old weight :( This time round, with the new system, I feel much better about it, I'm not as obsessive about the points.

That said, not every plan suits everyone and that's ok too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Up 1.5lbs. It took all my energy not to cry. This is what my weight has been since the 5th Jan:

Week 1: -5.5lbs (first WI after Christmas on the old system)
    Week 2: STS
    Week 3: STS
    Week 4: -3
    Week 5: +1.5
    Week 6: -2
    Week 7: -0.5
    Week 8: +1.5

It's really demotivating. So I made the decision during my meeting to go back to the old points system starting tomorrow and see does it have any affect. I'm gonna spend the evening repointing everything. I'm gonna try it for a week or two. I think if I stay on propoints I'll fall off completely as I'm starting to notice old habits creeping in every Weds after WI because of the results on the scales.

It's worth a try if it makes you feel better, but you are down 8lbs in two months. What was your rate of weight loss like on the old system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

had WI last night and was down 3lbs :D really wasnt expecting it at all!! thought i would either be up or STS so was thrilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭eefums

Monife wrote: »
    Have a leaving do for one of the girls in work today, lunch, afternoon cake (which I prob wont have) and then drinks and canapes in the evening. Anyone know the best point friendly canapes to stick to? And also anyone know the points in the mini bottles of white wine you get in the pub? Thanks

hey, had my first class on tueday and the leader had a bag which had a mini bottle of wine in it, she siad it was 4 propoints i think!
    hope thats a bit of help!
    as for the canapes, cant help, im new to this but maybe if u mentioned which ones you expect to be there then people could help!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Well done on the loss!! How you find barcelona? I came home yday and it was amazing!! Didnt eat masses just not great food ****ty food (kfc n burger kings an crisps!!) Walked a bit too!! Jus smotherin with cold now so havin got into routine since highly doubt iv lost weight.. away again this week wi girls !! Aahhh its ruining all my routines!!

Need t shift this cold before I can go back to the gym i think I might die!!

Best of luck to everyone this week!! I need some mojo back :D

Thanks Shellybelly - I bet you got that cold on the top of the open-top bus!! :D Mine was just clearing up before we went and I ended up twice as bad by the time we got home. Sudafed and/or Lemsip - yer only man!! Get well soon!

Monife - in regards to canapes, obviously the raw veg and dip would be the best option but they may not always be on offer.
    Try to stick to crackers (rather than french bread) and try to avoid anything fried or greasy.
    Have good night and remember you always have your 49 weekly points!!

Eabhabear - sorry to hear you're so disheartened but fair play to you for not giving up. Good luck going back on the old points and don't forget to update us on your progress - you might not be the only one reverting! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Im glad also to see people are losing it slow, I am 7 lbs down since January 19th, but then again I never did lose it fast!

I think my problem lies with me 'keeping' about 6 pp each day to have a treat in the evening when I get my daughter to bed, it could be anything from a bar of chocolate to a sandwich, could I be sabotaging my plan?? It really is the only thing that keeps me sane, and motivates me to be good during the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

m'lady wrote: »
    Im glad also to see people are losing it slow, I am 7 lbs down since January 19th, but then again I never did lose it fast!

I think my problem lies with me 'keeping' about 6 pp each day to have a treat in the evening when I get my daughter to bed, it could be anything from a bar of chocolate to a sandwich, could I be sabotaging my plan?? It really is the only thing that keeps me sane, and motivates me to be good during the day...

I'm a firm believer in doing whatever works for you.
    For example, I have no pp left over tonight for a biscuit and I'm annoyed about that as once I have my dinner that's it for the day!
    I like to save my 49 points for the weekend in case I need them, and I would usually keep a few pp for a snack with tea in the evening.

The weight is coming off slowly but I'm hoping that means it will stay off.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tralalanin

okay so ive just joined this thread.... so HELLO to all!

ive been doing WW's with my mum forever, i dont actually attend classes but i help her out with her points and keeping to them by cooking healthy dinners and helping her stay on track at weekends by making healthy breakfasts so she can avoid frys which are a big thing in our house at the weekend! by pointing her meals ive gotten into the habit of doing my own and so since last may when i weighed 10 st 2 lb i have lost 2 stone... which would put me at 8 st 2 lbs, which i was since about a month and a half ago when i put on 9 lbs as i had stopped watching my weight...it may appear that im still quite slim but as i am 5 ft 1 inch, weight of any sort just falls heavily on me, especially on my thighs and hip area... so now ive started doing the pro points plan with mum since last thursday and am going to weigh myself this evening and hopefully have some improvement!

sorry my post is so long, but anyone who as any tips on the pro points plan as i find it completely different to the last WW diet that would be so helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i'm finding it very slow also then again i was slow on discovery,,,but looking back i've lost 10lbs since christmas which isnt so bad,,i'm 2 and half stone down since last july and 3lbs to goal but i'm findindg i'm getting frustrated and didnt even go to weigh in today as i'm up,,i'm still tracking everything but can't handle the scales showing a gain:)
    i keep about 6 points a day for snacks too,,otherwise we'd just go off track and blow it altogether:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Thanks girls, I was starting to think I was the only one that has their daily treats! I really need it, I know if I didnt have something in the evening I would go off track, and there is no point in me trying to have fruit or yogurt, it wont work!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    Thats great to hear irishfm. Its good to hear that it can actually be done in such a short time. Delighted for you. Keep it up. Hopefully I can have a result like that and fit in to my wedding dress :o

Have you any tips for me to follow?

just stick with it lady :) if you stick with it it will pay off in the end and you will be lovely in your wedding dress :D when are you getting married??

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I always keep about 6pp too for after the kids are in bed. We have our dinner at about 5pm & I like for us all to eat together, so I need a supper. Some nights I am quite healthy - ryvita, philly light & salad - some nights it is rubbish - velvet crunch, chocolate - or some nights if I'm not hungry (doesn't happen too often) I have a glass of wine. I think my late night snacking was my downfall, so I'm trying to cut down, but I still need something, so I have to save points for it. This week my hubby is on nights & I feel old habits starting to creep in as I am on my own in the evenings & I have gone over my dailies the last 2 nights by having that extra snack at night. Now I have confessed it, I really must try to put a stop to it! It's only habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

-Chop up BNS, removing pips/ seeds!
    -Don't peel the skin (easier not to but u can if you have the time/ patience)
    -Soften them in micro for 4 mins then sprinkle salt, pepper and Cajun spice on and pop them in oven for 20 mins. (Takes around 45 mins otherwise!).
    - Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

kashmir wrote: »
    It's worth a try if it makes you feel better, but you are down 8lbs in two months. What was your rate of weight loss like on the old system?

Hi guys, thanks for all the support. It's what I love about this thread :) I'm already feeling so much more positive today and looking at my meal plan for today I think it just suits me better. I'm tired of being the fat one and not fitting into nice clothes and I got so far before Christmas that I really just want to get to goal!

I only really have loss 2.5lbs in 2 months as the 5.5 was loss during the Christmas holidays on the old system and not on ProPoints. On the old plan I lost 20lbs in about 3 months.

My leader is away for 2 weeks so when I get back I'll say it to her. I think WW need to know for their records especially if I start losing weight. I'll keep you all informed of my WI's. I won't mention old points or anything like that so not to confuse you's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Our leader mentioned last night that a woman cut out her evening snacking and lost 6lbs the following week :eek: I personally couldn't do it completely as I find I really need it after dinner. I'm gonna have an options hot chocolate and a small bar in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

I always have a treat in the evenings. I love sweets and chocolate so if I gave them up completely I know I would only fall off the wagon big time. So I try to keep about 5 or 6 pp a day for the night time when the kids are in bed. I love double deckers and they are only 6pp :D If I don't have that many pp left I have a couple of squares of chocolate. I'm convinced that's why I have stuck with it for this long and not fell off the wagon at all. I have tried loads of other diets and gave up sweets but always just went on a binge. This time I have something nice most days and if I am really craving it during the day I just use pp from my weekly allowance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Eabha I have to commend you for sticking with WW & reverting to the old plan rather than throwing the towel in which would be easier to do. Best of luck on the old plan & do pop in & keep us informed.

I think this plan suits me way more than the old due to the fruit & weeklies but I think you have to be more regimented on this plan than the old in terms of what you eat & when. For ppl doing shift work or in college with different times of day for each meal from 1 day to the nxt probably messes with pp & how it works on your metabolisim. You did so well on the old plan so I'm sure you will again, keep the faith & it will happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

I'm with you ladies I keep 4-6 pp per day for treats as well. If I'm out on audit I'll have a bit of Choc at lunch time to keep me going & in the evening I need either a biscuit with a cup of tea, an icepop or some crisps/ popcorn etc.

I'd totally fall off the wagon if I couldn't have something nice each day so I think if we find it working for us long term it's okay to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

hey all, just quickly online while the boss is out of office!! :D

well done to everyone this week, some great losses and even if not so good dont let it get you down, today is the fresh start!!

well i was down 2 pounds!!! soo happy so just 0.5 to lose this week and ill be GOLD!!!

was rushing after class to go to gig so ended up getting batter sausage and chips with garlic dip...was yummy and totally worth it!! then a bucket loads of bulmers light to follow!! enjoyed my night and today is a new day, have my session with a trainer in gym tonight so that will blast it off hopefully!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭pw01

jackmax wrote: »
    I always have a treat in the evenings. I love sweets and chocolate so if I gave them up completely I know I would only fall off the wagon big time. So I try to keep about 5 or 6 pp a day for the night time when the kids are in bed. I love double deckers and they are only 6pp :D If I don't have that many pp left I have a couple of squares of chocolate. I'm convinced that's why I have stuck with it for this long and not fell off the wagon at all. I have tried loads of other diets and gave up sweets but always just went on a binge. This time I have something nice most days and if I am really craving it during the day I just use pp from my weekly allowance :)

is it the normal sized double deckers that are 6pp??? thats very good

• Registered Users Posts: 11 len81

hi everyone,

I have been reading this thread for quite a while...picked up lots of tips.

I joined weight watchers around 6wks ago and I am making VERY slow progress. The last few wks I have either stayed the same or only lost 0.5lbs. I normally eat into my 49 wkly points quite a bit and wondering should i try not to - even tho my leader has said its fine once i dont go over them.

Breakfast is normally around 5-6 points (weetabix with semi skimmed milk, lowfat yogurt) Looking for some incentives for lunch and dinner. normally for lunch I have brown bread sambo with turkey,peppers, tomato, lf mayo - 7propoints). Dinner...is whatever i can afford point wise. I normally only have around 10-14 points for it as i normally need to snack on something during the day.

I big grazer as I get very faint if I have not eaten for a few hours. I dont eat alot of fruit due to an allergy. Any low point snacks?

I am trying to point a curry I make usings Sharwoods curry powder, water, tinned tomatoes, chicken, peppers and onions. There is no nutritional values on the curry powder.....does that make it zero pp??? And how many points in boil in the bag rice?

Sorry for the million questions....im just very close to giving up on this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crazyy

hi :) well done to everyone, so many great results! I haven't lost since starting propoints and it's getting frustrating so I've decided to go back to the old system aswell! so good thinking, Eabha hopefully we'll get better results. I lost a stone on the old points and have gained 6 pounds of that back since January! fingers crossed I can shift it again :)

tantipie wrote: »
    i'm finding it very slow also then again i was slow on discovery,,,but looking back i've lost 10lbs since christmas which isnt so bad,,i'm 2 and half stone down since last july and 3lbs to goal but i'm findindg i'm getting frustrated and didnt even go to weigh in today as i'm up,,i'm still tracking everything but can't handle the scales showing a gain:)
    i keep about 6 points a day for snacks too,,otherwise we'd just go off track and blow it altogether:rolleyes:

I understand where you are coming from but I think avoiding your WI is a slippery slope that you have to be very disciplined to recover from. You have done so well in 7 months you have nothing to complain or beat yourself up over, we all have bad days and weeks and so what, it's only a blimp (you might not even have been up, that often happens me). The nearer you are to goal the harder it is, it took me weeks to shake the last couple of pounds but that really does make maintenance easier believe me. Don't forget when you get to goal you are allowed to be within 5lb of your goal weight before you have to pay so there is a reason for that - over time you go up and down a bit. Keep with it, you are nearly there.

Agree you have to have your snacks and treats or you won't succeed, you need a bit of comfort in life or what's it all about hey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I think my problem lies with me 'keeping' about 6 pp each day to have a treat in the evening

I'm exactly like you, m'lady. I couldn't do it if I didn't keep my points until the evening. The evening is when I'm hungriest! I can get through the day from 5.30am to 6pm on as little as 8pp and not be hungry but once dinner is done, I have to have my treat :D
    -Chop up BNS, removing pips/ seeds!
    -Don't peel the skin (easier not to but u can if you have the time/ patience)
    -Soften them in micro for 4 mins then sprinkle salt, pepper and Cajun spice on and pop them in oven for 20 mins. (Takes around 45 mins otherwise!).
    - Enjoy!

I LOVE BNS chips! I must try putting them in the microwave first. I have been cutting them in 1/2 and removing the seeds, then bunging them in the oven while it's heating up so that the skin is easier to remove, but the microwave might speed it up, they do take a while to make! But totally worth it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

len81 wrote: »
    hi everyone,
    I joined weight watchers around 6wks ago and I am making VERY slow progress. The last few wks I have either stayed the same or only lost 0.5lbs. I normally eat into my 49 wkly points quite a bit and wondering should i try not to - even tho my leader has said its fine once i dont go over them.

Breakfast is normally around 5-6 points (weetabix with semi skimmed milk, lowfat yogurt) Looking for some incentives for lunch and dinner. normally for lunch I have brown bread sambo with turkey,peppers, tomato, lf mayo - 7propoints). Dinner...is whatever i can afford point wise. I normally only have around 10-14 points for it as i normally need to snack on something during the day.

I big grazer as I get very faint if I have not eaten for a few hours. I dont eat alot of fruit due to an allergy. Any low point snacks?

I am trying to point a curry I make usings Sharwoods curry powder, water, tinned tomatoes, chicken, peppers and onions. There is no nutritional values on the curry powder.....does that make it zero pp??? And how many points in boil in the bag rice?

Sorry for the million questions....im just very close to giving up on this :(

Welcome Len81 - Curry Powder is 1 PP for every 15g. Boil in the Bag rice is 6PP for each bag.
    For lunch I usually have a salad of some kind with a bit of cheese (cheddar or feta) and dressing which have to be pointed. I would always chose crackers (melba toast etc) instead of bread for lower points. I follow it with a WW yoghurt for 1PP. Tbh this probably works out as the same points you eat for lunch but if you're looking for variety maybe that can help.
    Some low fat snacks that we all love are:
    Velvet Crunch (2PP)
    Curly Wurly (3PP)
    Ginger Nut Biscuits (1PP)
    Laughing Cow Light x 2 (1PP)
    Ice Pops - vary in points but usually 1-2PP

I find sometimes that it helps to look through the WW books that I got at my first class for ideas on stuff to eat.
    Best of luck.

I LOVE BNS chips! I must try putting them in the microwave first. I have been cutting them in 1/2 and removing the seeds, then bunging them in the oven while it's heating up so that the skin is easier to remove, but the microwave might speed it up, they do take a while to make! But totally worth it! :D[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I do! going to try the micro now, don't know why I never thought of that before dah!! :rolleyes: They are so tasty and 000000 points yeh!!

Oh, meant to say, for those who like paprika, sprinkle a little on top, yummy or Cayenne Pepper (but very hot).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

irishfm wrote: »
    just stick with it lady :) if you stick with it it will pay off in the end and you will be lovely in your wedding dress :D when are you getting married??

Haha thanks I hope so. Wedding is in September so plenty of time if I stick to it now. Dress is in the shop in July so i'd like at least a stone down by then :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement