Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

ahhhh dreading weigh in tonight....going for gold i am and havent been good this week at all!!

fingers and toes crossed for me girls please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Oh best of luck!!
    Wish I was so close to gold - fingers crossed!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

dammitj wrote: »
    We had 3 nights too!
    Got to see everything we wanted though so I was pretty happy!

WI in an hour, jeepers I'm nervous for some reason.
    Perhaps coz I feel I've been good and I'll be disappointed if I'm not down!

I'm the same as you I feel like I've been really good except Fri. Have stuck to dailies every day and done loads of exercise but for some reason I feel like I might be up. Will be devastated if I'm not down come 6.30!

Fingers crossed for us both then!!!!

Soooo hoping I'm down at least a pound. Will be so gutted if I'm not! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Welcome home to those who were away in Barcelona/Berlin. Kay_80, glad to hear everything went well for the rest of your holiday.

Eefums, sorry to hear that you had been trying so hard & haven't lost any weight yet. Hopefully going to the meetings will work out for you & remember to eat those propoints.

Good luck to everyone with WI tonight & especially to Dubwwgirl - hope you get to goal. I'll be checking in later to see if it was good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    ahhhh dreading weigh in tonight....going for gold i am and havent been good this week at all!!

fingers and toes crossed for me girls please!!!

Best of luck dubsgirl!!! Fingers crossed u do it tonight :)

Lost 3lbs tonight! Can't believe it coz I hadn't been exercising much but totally delighted. Drinking water is so
    Important ladies and I've noticed a BIG difference since I started drinking more water. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Just down half a pound this week, bit disappointed after last weeks great loss, as i did nothing different but at least its a half pound in the right direction. :) hope everybody else is happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

RVN10 wrote: »
    I said last night my bro lost 10 stone in like 8 months , here is a great video that is quite inspirational for someone who thinks they cant lose weight , he told me I could post it so enjoy

Savage video.. very good to see the difference and by the way hes a quite a looker :) Reminds me of Bublé !! :D I lost 4 stone 4lbs with WW over 08/09 and I have put bout half that back on (living abroad etc) but I am determined to get there again!! its the fittest Id ever been in my life I was no longer the 'big one'!!

Hope your weigh loss journey is going well! Best of luck with everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

have my pre's next week in college....so for the next week and half will not have a drop of excercise...so must try and track religiously...must also be aware of my hunger...and not stress eat!

Oi! I've just over a stone gone in 2 calender months...would love another stone by the end of april.

Eat Track Sleep Study....

Up 1.5lbs. It took all my energy not to cry. This is what my weight has been since the 5th Jan:

Week 1: -5.5lbs (first WI after Christmas on the old system)
    Week 2: STS
    Week 3: STS
    Week 4: -3
    Week 5: +1.5
    Week 6: -2
    Week 7: -0.5
    Week 8: +1.5

It's really demotivating. So I made the decision during my meeting to go back to the old points system starting tomorrow and see does it have any affect. I'm gonna spend the evening repointing everything. I'm gonna try it for a week or two. I think if I stay on propoints I'll fall off completely as I'm starting to notice old habits creeping in every Weds after WI because of the results on the scales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 1lb at WI. So annoyed it wasn't 1.5lb, if it was I would have got my 5th silver seven, it has been playing on my mind for the last 2 weeks.

Bit demotivated. Really not liking the way my weightloss is sooo slow. I know, I know every says the slower it comes off the longer it stays off, but if I keep going at this rate it is going to take me 2 years more to get to goal, I have so much to lose. It is very disheartening seeing people of less weight getting such big numbers, and I am being good and exercising at least 5 out of 7 days if not more. :(

Sorry, moan over...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

kildareash wrote: »
    Best of luck dubsgirl!!! Fingers crossed u do it tonight :)

Lost 3lbs tonight! Can't believe it coz I hadn't been exercising much but totally delighted. Drinking water is so
    Important ladies and I've noticed a BIG difference since I started drinking more water. :)

Brilliant result Kildareash well done you :D

So ocean spray cranberry juice 1 medium glass of 250ml is 3pp but if you get the ocean spray cranberry classic light juice 250ml is 0pp :) so well worth it & honestly it tastes the same probably a little more tart but I like it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Hi everyone, I haven't posted on here in over a week I think. Anyway I fell off the wagon big time last week. I was finding it so hard to stay motivated.
    Went to my WI Monday and I was up 1lb which wasn't as bad as I expected.

I made up my mind to get back on track Tuesday (yesterday). I had a great day yesterday eating wise and I went on an hour long walk with my dogs and done 15 minutes on the crosstrainer. I felt so great last night going to bed and I was looking forward to another long walk today. But I woke up this morning feeling sick with a cold so I didn't get any exercise done. I am upset about it now so hoping to feel better tomorrow.

I have my wedding in September and I really need to lose 2 stone at least by then. I made a goal chart running up to Easter week and stuck it on my fridge. I estimated 2lb loss a week and that would result in a stone by Easter. I am going to try my best and exercise as much as possible. I really don't want to let myself down this time. Is 2lb a week achievable girls?? Or is my head just stuck in the clouds?

Sorry for long post just needed to get that all out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Monife wrote: »
    Down 1lb at WI. So annoyed it wasn't 1.5lb, if it was I would have got my 5th silver seven, it has been playing on my mind for the last 2 weeks.

Bit demotivated. Really not liking the way my weightloss is sooo slow. I know, I know every says the slower it comes off the longer it stays off, but if I keep going at this rate it is going to take me 2 years more to get to goal, I have so much to lose. It is very disheartening seeing people of less weight getting such big numbers, and I am being good and exercising at least 5 out of 7 days if not more. :(

Sorry, moan over...

Me to. Finding it very slow and it's disheartening. Just a pound down today and I know it's what I'm to aim for but so I've joined since January and haven't got my stone yet. It's making me loose faith. If I don't get my stone next week I'll be raging!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Up 1.5lbs. It took all my energy not to cry. This is what my weight has been since the 5th Jan:

It's really demotivating. So I made the decision during my meeting to go back to the old points system starting tomorrow and see does it have any affect. I'm gonna spend the evening repointing everything. I'm gonna try it for a week or two. I think if I stay on propoints I'll fall off completely as I'm starting to notice old habits creeping in every Weds after WI because of the results on the scales.

Eabha, I know its easy to say but try to stay focused. Go for it! - Go back on the old system for a while, just see has it any difference in your weight losses. Remember you may need to give yourself time going back to the other points just so that your body readjusts itself to whatever has worked for you in the past. It is very disheartening when your working so hard at it! Treat yourself to a cinema trip or shopping trip to lift your spirits! Best of luck j

boxoff wrote: »
    Eabha, I know its easy to say but try to stay focused. Go for it! - Go back on the old system for a while, just see has it any difference in your weight losses. Remember you may need to give yourself time going back to the other points just so that your body readjusts itself to whatever has worked for you in the past. It is very disheartening when your working so hard at it! Treat yourself to a cinema trip or shopping trip to lift your spirits! Best of luck j

Thanks boxoff. I already feel so much more positive about the future after repointing all my foods to the old system. I've planned my meals for tomorrow and I can see a big difference in my points and meals. I'm going to try it for the month of March and see how that goes. I'll still be going to meetings as I like my leader and class and for the WI. If I reach my goal for March I'll treat myself to new a new ball gown for a college ball in April!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

Had my WI tonight and lost 2.5 lb well pleased, had started to lose faith last week was just fed up with it but stuck with it and it paid off this week :D:D:D:D:D 3 more lbs and i'll be at my 2 stone

irishfm wrote: »
    Had my WI tonight and lost 2.5 lb well pleased, had started to lose faith last week was just fed up with it but stuck with it and it paid off this week :D:D:D:D:D 3 more lbs and i'll be at my 2 stone

Thats excellent. How long did the 2 stone take? Its great to hear about the losses it keeps me motivated!

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    Thats excellent. How long did the 2 stone take? Its great to hear about the losses it keeps me motivated!

I started WW at the start of Dec but came off it for two weeks over the christmas as i was on holidays and put on 4 lb but have lost weight every other week :D:D but have stuck to it and not fallen off the wagon at all this time i have made up my mind to stick to it

i find this thread a great support i have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

oh next tuesday is pancake day, yummmmm . any ideas for fillers. i just do the pancake normal as in flour and milk ,dont need the egg. then drizzzzzzzle the syrip over them and ate them, like to do fillers this time around. ill do them after i get weighd in morning so come i wont have to worry if i go over bord on anything.

• Advertisement

cats.life wrote: »
    oh next tuesday is pancake day, yummmmm . any ideas for fillers. i just do the pancake normal as in flour and milk ,dont need the egg. then drizzzzzzzle the syrip over them and ate them, like to do fillers this time around. ill do them after i get weighd in morning so come i wont have to worry if i go over bord on anything.

im sure i posted a load of ww pancake recipes last week...could be a few pages back now :)

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Pancakes with Nutella and Banana
    ProPoints® Value: 6
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 15 min
    Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Ingredients
    125 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, sifted,
    1 medium Egg, Whole
    300 ml Milk, Skimmed
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled,
    for the filling;
    8 teaspoons Ferrero Nutella
    2 medium Banana, peeled and sliced thinly

Instructions
    To make the pancakes, place the flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Crack the egg into the well and stir, gradually drawing in the flour. When the mixture is thick, add the milk a little at a time until you have a smooth batter – sieve the mixture if there are any lumps.

Spray a small non-stick pan with low fat cooking spray and heat until hot. Add a tbsp of batter and swirl to the edges of the pan. Cook over a medium heat for 1-2 mins until set and beginning to brown on the underside (lift the edge of the pancake to check). Flip and cook for a further 1 minute until brown. Remove from the pan, keep warm and repeat to make 8 pancakes.

Spread half of each pancake with a tsp of nutella, scatter over a few slices of banana, fold in half and serve 2 per person.

Traditional Homemade Pancakes
    ProPoints® Value: 1
    Servings: 12
    Preparation Time: 0 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
    125 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, sifted
    1 medium Egg, Whole
    1/2 serving(s) (1/4 pint) Milk, Skimmed
    1 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled

Instructions
    Put the flour into a bowl and break the egg into the centre.
    Add the milk gradually beating into a batter.
    Pour the batter into a jug.

Heat a non-stick frying pan.
    Spray lightly with low-fat cooking spray.
    Pour in 3 tbsp batter and quickly swirl the pan to coat the base.
    Cook until the batter becomes firm and bubbles appear.
    Flip the pancake over.

Serve with fresh lemon, artificial sweetener or sugar
    (add a Points value of ½ per teaspoon).

Chef Tips
    To renovate this traditional pancake recipe we:
    used skimmed milk
    ditched the oil for low fat cooking spray

Warm Fruity Pancakes
    ProPoints® Value: 7
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 20 min

Ingredients
    4 small Plums (without stone), pitted and sliced
    100 ml Orange Juice, Unsweetened
    20 g Sugar, Caster, or light muscovado
    1/2 teaspoons (as purchased) Cinnamon, Ground
    75 g Apricots, Dried, halved
    1 medium Orange
    1 medium Banana, For the pancakes
    125 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain
    1 pinch Salt
    1 medium Egg, Whole
    300 ml Milk, Skimmed
    2 teaspoons Oil, Vegetable, Any Type
    150 g Cheese, Quark, low-fat plain fromage frais or 0% fat natural yogurt

Instructions
    Put the plums into a saucepan with the orange juice. Add the sugar, mixed spice and apricots. Cook gently for about 10 minutes, until the plums are tender. Remove from the heat.

Finely grate the zest from the orange. Next, use a sharp serrated knife to remove all the peel and pith from the orange, then slice it into segments, removing all the membrane. Add to the plums. Slice in the banana and mix together gently.

To make the pancakes, put the flour, salt, egg and milk into a large mixing bowl with 2 tbsp of cold water. Using a hand whisk or a hand-held electric mixer, whisk the ingredients together to make a thin batter.

Heat a large heavy-based pancake pan or non-stick frying pan and add 2-3 drops of oil for each pancake you make. Spoon in some batter, tilting the pan as the batter is added to swirl it over the base. When the underside of the pancake is cooked, flip it over to cook the other side. Cook 4 large or 8 small pancakes in this way, keeping them warm in a low oven until they are all ready.

Mix 1 tsp orange zest into the Quark, fromage frais or yogurt. Fill the pancakes with the warm fruit mixture and serve with the orange-flavoured topping.

Maple Syrup Pancakes and Pears
    ProPoints® Value: 7
    Preparation Time: 5 min

Ingredients
    125 g Flour, Wheat, White, Self Raising
    2 medium Egg, Whole, beaten
    175 ml Milk, Skimmed
    6 tablespoons (level) Syrup, Any Type, maple
    1 teaspoons (level) Spread, Low Fat, (suitable for cooking)
    800 g Pears, in Juice, Drained, (2 x 400g tins)

Instructions
    Place the flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the eggs, milk, and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Whisk together until completely smooth.

Warm a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When hot add the spread and leave to melt. Add the batter in large spoonfuls to make little pancakes about 8cm across. Cook for about 1 minute until bubbles start bursting on the surface, then flip over and cook for a further 30 seconds until both sides are golden. Continue with the remaining mixture until all 12 panackes are cooked. Set aside in a warm place.

Increase the heat and warm the empty pan. Add the pears and remaining syrup and cook for 2-3 minutes until hot through and starting to caramelise a little. Serve a stack of 3 pancakes with the syrupy pears on the side.

Found them :)

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    Me to. Finding it very slow and it's disheartening. Just a pound down today and I know it's what I'm to aim for but so I've joined since January and haven't got my stone yet. It's making me loose faith. If I don't get my stone next week I'll be raging!!!!

Same here guys. Weight loss is soooo slow since starting the propoints. I'm down 2.5lbs tonight but that's my biggest loss since I started on propoints - and it's only because I climbed a flippin mountain!!

irishfm wrote: »
    I started WW at the start of Dec but came off it for two weeks over the christmas as i was on holidays and put on 4 lb but have lost weight every other week :D:D but have stuck to it and not fallen off the wagon at all this time i have made up my mind to stick to it

i find this thread a great support i have to say

Thats great to hear irishfm. Its good to hear that it can actually be done in such a short time. Delighted for you. Keep it up. Hopefully I can have a result like that and fit in to my wedding dress :o

Have you any tips for me to follow?

Same here guys. Weight loss is soooo slow since starting the propoints. I'm down 2.5lbs tonight but that's my biggest loss since I started on propoints - and it's only because I climbed a flippin mountain!!

Well done on your loss tonight, the weight loss will prob catch up at some stage just keep positive

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    A girl at work just said to me "you've lost weight, you look great" :D:D:D:D:D woohoo, so flippin' happy that someone noticed (even though I played it down and was like "no no not at all") :) Made my day :):)

I hear you on that one. Its a DEADLY feeling. But like you I play down the compliments... I'm just not used to getting compliments on my appearance... let alone my weight. But do you know what - its something I will get used to!!! HEHE! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

stick with it, at least its coming down!! you are doing so well.. I find that the week that i am very good doesnt show until a wk later!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Oh my god Lady Lainey those pancakes that u posted up sound amazing! Will definitely be trying some!

Girls I haven't posted on this in ages!! I've had a really tough few weeks with a lot of personal stuff going on with which I won't bore ye with but have basically fallen off the wagon big time, comfort eating the whole time and everything... Think I'm finally ready to cop on and stop feeling sorry for myself and get back into it! I've been doing loads of exercise to keep my mind off things so that's one good thing I suppose but need to get back into WW now to sort out the diet side of things! I haven't been to a weigh in about 3 weeks cos of everything going on :eek: am really worried about goin back now!

Sorry for the long post...

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

Hi everyone,

some fantastic losses this week!!!!

This thread is so hard to keep up with moves so fast :)

I had my WI last night down 2lbs (plus its TOTM) so delighted 6 and half lbs in 2 weeks :D

Feel I'm going to struggle next week i'm away with work for a few nights has anyone any suggestions on eating out that will be low points?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Eabhabear wrote: »

You shld deffo go back on the old plan and see if it makes any difference? Have you talked to your leader about it?
    It's incredibly hard to stay focused and so many people wld have thrown in the towel already. So fair play to you for sticking with it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement