Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Anyone got some good lunch suggestions that dont involve bread? Ive been eating Ryvita, free salad, ham and velvet crunch for a while now...could do with a change. Thanks!

Soup. WW wraps, WW Bagel

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

nuttykat wrote: »
    Soup. WW wraps, WW Bagel
    I made Harissa Chick Peas from the new WW Propoints recipe book last night for my lunch and it was really nice.

Fry off 1 courgette and 1 finely sliced red onion for 5mins.
    Add 4 teaspoons of Harissa paste and heat for a further 2/3 minutes.
    Remove from heat.
    Add drained tin of chickpeas.
    Stir in 4 tablespoons of the illusive Greek Yogart - or Natural as needs.

11ppts for entire recipe. Divide to two portions for 6ppts.

I warmed it in work and served with lettue and cucumber.
    Very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

hey guys,

just back from my first weigh in after starting last week and i lost 8.5 pounds! i am so so happy! i didnt really feel as this was working and then when i seen the scales showing the next stone down i was just thrilled! i dont know if i would have got through it more if i wasnt on here reading so thank you guys for all your posts!!!
    onwards and upwards (or downwards i should say :) )
    Thats a fantastic loss. Well done. Enjoy the "downwards" trend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Congratulations everyone on the great losses this morning - especially if they were unexpected! Good luck to anyone with WI this evening.

Just had a lovely lunch. Tesco low fat mini naan (4pp) covered with passata (0pp) & 15g light Coleraine cheese (1pp) & peppers & mushroom. Pop into the oven for 10 mins @ 200C. Serve with a green salad, all for 5pp. Sorry it's no good for those of you have to bring a packed lunch & don't have an oven to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

down 1.5 today - delighted :D

Well done everyone - keep it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭eefums

eefums wrote: »
    hey all, long time reader first time poster
    finally got my ass in gear last night and joined, my starting weight is pretty heavy, but i weighed 6.5 pounds lighter on the ww scales than my scales at home so that was a really nice start :D
    so i sat down las night when i came home and i pointed a typical day for me, and for a few meals that I know we will be having this week having done the shopping, it seems to me very bizarrely that i am going to struggle to eat all my points every day dn Im not sure if i will even have t dip into my weekly points?
    Is this normal? Or do you reckon i am doing something worng?

any takers? have annoyed people saying i cant eat my points :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

any takers? have annoyed people saying i cant eat my points :(

Well what kind of food do you eat eefums? Perhaps you were a good healthy eater to start with? are you also including all your snacks, milk, bread etc?

Ill be honest if I didnt have my treat at night with a coffee I certainly wouldnt be using all my 29 points, but I need to have something at night, its the only thing that keeps me sane!

m'lady wrote: »
    Well what kind of food do you eat eefums? Perhaps you were a good healthy eater to start with? are you also including all your snacks, milk, bread etc?

Ill be honest if I didnt have my treat at night with a coffee I certainly wouldnt be using all my 29 points, but I need to have something at night, its the only thing that keeps me sane!

Thanks for replying m'lady.
    I have and have been always havin porridge made with water topped uo wtih milk a half spoon of sugar and a bannana for brekkie

lunch is usually salads with a meat and sweet chilli sauce cressing with rice cakes or this week iv been having veggie soup which i pointed as 0 points and rice cakes with tuna rocket and tomatoe and a low fat yoghurt
    midday im having an apple
    and dinners this week was a tomato based curry last night with half a bag of boil in bag rice tonighti s goin to be thai weet chilli chicken with rice
    this are adding up only to about 25 ish points a day and leavin me iwht 10 points to make up at elast most days.
    I was lookin forward to the weekend and altho it amy change as of yet i dont have any plans, im prob not gointo be dipping into my weeklie points nad have even so far decided that on saturday i will have a hlaf bottle of red to 'make up' my points witha steak dinner???
    im jsut owndering if anyone else finds this normal? to make up my estra points tonight iv deided to have chips with my dinner and to have 3 ferero rocher sweets (myboyf brought me home a box on mon, typical that i start a diet today:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Thanks for replying m'lady.
    I have and have been always havin porridge made with water topped uo wtih milk a half spoon of sugar and a bannana for brekkie

lunch is usually salads with a meat and sweet chilli sauce cressing with rice cakes or this week iv been having veggie soup which i pointed as 0 points and rice cakes with tuna rocket and tomatoe and a low fat yoghurt
    midday im having an apple
    and dinners this week was a tomato based curry last night with half a bag of boil in bag rice tonighti s goin to be thai weet chilli chicken with rice
    this are adding up only to about 25 ish points a day and leavin me iwht 10 points to make up at elast most days.
    I was lookin forward to the weekend and altho it amy change as of yet i dont have any plans, im prob not gointo be dipping into my weeklie points nad have even so far decided that on saturday i will have a hlaf bottle of red to 'make up' my points witha steak dinner???

im jsut owndering if anyone else finds this normal? to make up my estra points tonight iv deided to have chips with my dinner and to have 3 ferero rocher sweets (myboyf brought me home a box on mon, typical that i start a diet today:D)

And do you normally snack? to be honest in my opinion by looking at what you have listed that maybe you havent been eating enough? Which was my problem before, and I simply couldnt shift the weight. I would try and increase the amount of points in your breakfast for a start, personally I wouldnt be using up points on the red etc for the sake of it, I would be trying to bump it up with good food?

m'lady wrote: »
    And do you normally snack? to be honest in my opinion by looking at what you have listed that maybe you havent been eating enough? Which was my problem before, and I simply couldnt shift the weight. I would try and increase the amount of points in your breakfast for a start, personally I wouldnt be using up points on the red etc for the sake of it, I would be trying to bump it up with good food?

no i dont snack too much i suppose, i like somethign sweet inthe evening for instnace the ferero rocher tongiht? or i bought mini bars like chomps and the like the weekend, but cruly wurlys will be a new thing, like i kno im goin to have to have one of those a day cos otherwise il end up bigning on a whole bar of dairy milk or something?
    what else can i have for brekkie, I cant eat wheat btw so toast is out of the question and fruit the other alternative isnt my favourite adn its free poitns too :D
    i was thinkin that bumping points up by eating chips adn ferero rocher and drinking wine wasnt a good idea cos it didnt seem like the best diet to be honest ha ha! but i dit know what else to eat? im pretty full forthe day onthose three meals with my few snacks of apples adn choccies intheir?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Eefums I'd agree with m'lady & say you are not eating enough.

I also had problems eating my full allowance each day in the beginning (I'm on 29 dailies) but I think it's imperitive that you eat at least 29 if you can't manage your full quota which I've forgotten now but I think you said 36??

29 is the minimum & I think there's a large risk of your body going into famine mode (ie storing all you eat as fat & not burning therefore resulting in weightloss)

I would suggest you give yourself one nice treat a day & change it around to suit yourself eg curly Wurly, velvet crunch hot Choc etc. I'd add extra protien to lunch or dinner & add something with points at breakfast, some eggs or juice maybe??

As for your weeklies use them if you want but don't force yourself to each wk if you really feel you can't but when it comes to the dailies definitely try to it just involves a little more planning & maybe for you it may be easier to switch to fuller fat dairy etc adding pointed veg like peas, sweetcorn or parsnip or an avocado to a salad ( high point but very good for you i allow myself at least 1 per month as i love them!! ) gravy, White sauce tartare sauce etc to meals to bulk out. Then add other things as you get into it.

Most of us have found we lose more eating all our dailies & all/ some of the weeklies, if you look back on the thread it may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Congrats on the losses everyone that's great to read this afternoon :)

So I survived the rest of my trip! Drank my weeklies & more on sat but throughly enjoyed it & was worth it came back Monday evening & it's been all go since made sure to get groceries on the way home from airport to ensure I'd good stuff in! Was making soup till 10pm past night!!

Kildaresh will check out the amt of OF lite cranberry later I haven't forgotten but my mam nicked my shop guide while I was on hols!! I've inspired her apparantly so im reclaiming it later :D

Finglasgal I hope your mam is okay, take it easy & wishing you & yours the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

no i dont snack too much i suppose, i like somethign sweet inthe evening for instnace the ferero rocher tongiht? or i bought mini bars like chomps and the like the weekend, but cruly wurlys will be a new thing, like i kno im goin to have to have one of those a day cos otherwise il end up bigning on a whole bar of dairy milk or something?
    what else can i have for brekkie, I cant eat wheat btw so toast is out of the question and fruit the other alternative isnt my favourite adn its free poitns too :D
    i was thinkin that bumping points up by eating chips adn ferero rocher and drinking wine wasnt a good idea cos it didnt seem like the best diet to be honest ha ha! but i dit know what else to eat? im pretty full forthe day onthose three meals with my few snacks of apples adn choccies intheir?

Why not have porridge with milk instead of water, let it soak the night before and it is honestly so creamy and delicious. Are you weighing everything and pointing it like that? I'm finding 29pp a day very hard to stick with...maybe I just have a big appetite :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

A girl at work just said to me "you've lost weight, you look great" :D:D:D:D:D woohoo, so flippin' happy that someone noticed (even though I played it down and was like "no no not at all") :) Made my day :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

You need to eat at least 29pp a day.
    I was on 33pp when we changed over in Jan and I was finding it difficult to eat that amount at the start. I was using the weeklies for alcohol at the weekend!
    I'd say once you get into to it, you will find that you do actually eat a few more.
    I kinda break mine down to 5-10-15 and a few spare for treats :D
    Kay_80 wrote: »
    Kildaresh will check out the amt of OF lite cranberry later I haven't forgotten but my mam nicked my shop guide while I was on hols!! I've inspired her apparantly so im reclaiming it later :D

Your as good, thanks! Glad you enjoyed your trip. I've just been drinking the normal one coz I'd bought it already. Just said feck the points this week!

WI tonight :eek:...have barely exercised, but food wasn't too bad. Although OH came home with Abrakebabra for dinner yesterday. Dread to think the points total but had the chicken kebab and chips and added my own mayonaise and a little bit of cheese. Wldn't say I went way over my points as I'd eaten minimal points yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    A girl at work just said to me "you've lost weight, you look great" :D:D:D:D:D woohoo, so flippin' happy that someone noticed (even though I played it down and was like "no no not at all") :) Made my day :):)

Same! I normally wear loose clothes but yesterday I had a stretchy tshirt on under my hoodie and when I took that off cos I was too warm three people said they could see I've lost weight! I was so happy!! Little things like that make such a difference, made me want to try even harder :)

misslt wrote: »
    Same! I normally wear loose clothes but yesterday I had a stretchy tshirt on under my hoodie and when I took that off cos I was too warm three people said they could see I've lost weight! I was so happy!! Little things like that make such a difference, made me want to try even harder :)

Yeah it's a great feeling! No one knows I'm on WW except for my boyfriend so it was really nice to hear it! Now I won't be too upset tomorrow at WI if I don't lose :)

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Eefums I'd agree with m'lady & say you are not eating enough.

I also had problems eating my full allowance each day in the beginning (I'm on 29 dailies) but I think it's imperitive that you eat at least 29 if you can't manage your full quota which I've forgotten now but I think you said 36??

29 is the minimum & I think there's a large risk of your body going into famine mode (ie storing all you eat as fat & not burning therefore resulting in weightloss)

I would suggest you give yourself one nice treat a day & change it around to suit yourself eg curly Wurly, velvet crunch hot Choc etc. I'd add extra protien to lunch or dinner & add something with points at breakfast, some eggs or juice maybe??

As for your weeklies use them if you want but don't force yourself to each wk if you really feel you can't but when it comes to the dailies definitely try to it just involves a little more planning & maybe for you it may be easier to switch to fuller fat dairy etc adding pointed veg like peas, sweetcorn or parsnip or an avocado to a salad ( high point but very good for you i allow myself at least 1 per month as i love them!! ) gravy, White sauce tartare sauce etc to meals to bulk out. Then add other things as you get into it.

Most of us have found we lose more eating all our dailies & all/ some of the weeklies, if you look back on the thread it may help.

thanks kay, jsut as i dont ahve any plans this weekend i dont see my self eating my weeklies, but i think other weeks that may not be a rpoblem.
    I thinking maybe switching to fuller fat versionsmight be a good option like fuller fat yoghurts and things like that as its good food and bulkin up my points. thanks a mill for all teh adviec ladies
    i really wnat to lose this week, iv been tryin on my own for two months now and running 5km three times a week, and iv seen no changes so im jsut gettina tad bit annoyed at this stage
    heres hoping to a good week

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hey everyone...Have not been on this is waaay too long!! Been about 2 weeks and things have not been going well WW wise!!

Have gone AWOL with the eating...I had my DD2 1st birthday last week and we went to McDonald's for that...I didn't have any food there but we decided to get a chinese on the way home. That wasn't even so bad but the week that followed was disasterous and I feel like I have just lived on take away the last week!!

I was going to skip my WI this week but my OH weighed himself today and was down 2lb (better than he's done in weeks - we think it was because he was eating closer to his point allowance than he has done since we started) so that's given me a bit of a push...I reckon I'll be up but need the kick to get me back on track....The wedding is in 16 weeks now and I really want to shift some of this weight by then!!

Well rant over....I will be more of a regular on here again!!
    :)

misslt wrote: »
    Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Yeah it's a great feeling! No one knows I'm on WW except for my boyfriend so it was really nice to hear it! Now I won't be too upset tomorrow at WI if I don't lose :)

Delighted for ye ladies. I think it's nearly as good a feeling as seeing the loss on the scales.
    I'm the same Shoelover, only my boyfriend, mum and sis knew I was joining. I didn't really want anyone to know I was doing it because I didn't want people to be asking me every week. I only told my best friend when I'd lost a stone! But my boyf told his parents and work colleagues and I think he told a couple of friends too last week too. I could have killed him!

• Advertisement

thanks kay, jsut as i dont ahve any plans this weekend i dont see my self eating my weeklies, but i think other weeks that may not be a rpoblem.
    I thinking maybe switching to fuller fat versionsmight be a good option like fuller fat yoghurts and things like that as its good food and bulkin up my points. thanks a mill for all teh adviec ladies
    i really wnat to lose this week, iv been tryin on my own for two months now and running 5km three times a week, and iv seen no changes so im jsut gettina tad bit annoyed at this stage

You don't have to eat your weeklies, they are just in case! I have never eaten more than 10 of mine but that's just because I haven't needed them (yet)!
    Fair play to you for trying it by yourself. I did the old points system by myself last year and I did lose weight but then I put it right back on so I much prefer going to meetings and logging on here. The extra support is great - makes me feel that I'm not alone!
    The only advice that I'd have for you is to make sure you weigh everything! It's the best thing for making sure you are eating right and counting the points correctly :) Good luck :D

If you're going to be doing a lot of exercise you definately need to eat more. That could possibly be one reason why your not seeing the results.
    Some of the ladies on here recommend measuring yourself...the weight loss might not register on the scales but you could be loosing inches.

kildareash wrote: »
    If you're going to be doing a lot of exercise you definately need to eat more. That could possibly be one reason why your not seeing the results.
    Some of the ladies on here recommend measuring yourself...the weight loss might not register on the scales but you could be loosing inches.

yea i lost two inches from my waist but that was str8 after xmas when i measured myself first and was prob still really bloated and have lsot 0 pounds!
    but sure heres hoping now!
    You don't have to eat your weeklies, they are just in case! I have never eaten more than 10 of mine but that's just because I haven't needed them (yet)!
    Fair play to you for trying it by yourself. I did the old points system by myself last year and I did lose weight but then I put it right back on so I much prefer going to meetings and logging on here. The extra support is great - makes me feel that I'm not alone!
    The only advice that I'd have for you is to make sure you weigh everything! It's the best thing for making sure you are eating right and counting the points correctly Good luck

thanks i expect htat i will need my weeklies for a busy weekend this weekend is goint o be exceptionally quiet!
    i jsut tried losing some weight by excercising more and eating less, however didnt realise that eating less would be so ineffective, back to eating more now i guess lovin it:D as long as i actually lose weight now!
    so far iv been pretty accurate with portions sizes etc must must rememrb to keep doin that!
    I RERREEEEAAALLLLYYYYYY want to lose weight now i feel like iv been ona diet and sweating my ass of excercisin for two months and iv seen nothig in return so i RRRRRRRREAAAAAAAAAAALLLLYYYYY wnat to see soem resutls this week

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Well, the good news is that my home scales was wrong and I was down - yes, DOWN - half a pound!! :D
    I know it's only half a pound but it's the right direction. It must have been all the walking in Barcelona.

Well done everyone on the losses this week.
    I have so far celebrated last night's weight loss with a donut and a slice of cake! :o (There was a coffee morning for a colleague who is retiring so there was loads of yummy food all laid out in front of me - what's a girl to do??)

Did you enjoy Barcelona?
    I told you the walking is great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

yea i lost two inches from my waist but that was str8 after xmas when i measured myself first and was prob still really bloated and have lsot 0 pounds!
    but sure heres hoping now!

thanks i expect htat i will need my weeklies for a busy weekend this weekend is goint o be exceptionally quiet!
    i jsut tried losing some weight by excercising more and eating less, however didnt realise that eating less would be so ineffective, back to eating more now i guess lovin it:D as long as i actually lose weight now!
    so far iv been pretty accurate with portions sizes etc must must rememrb to keep doin that!
    I RERREEEEAAALLLLYYYYYY want to lose weight now i feel like iv been ona diet and sweating my ass of excercisin for two months and iv seen nothig in return so i RRRRRRRREAAAAAAAAAAALLLLYYYYY wnat to see soem resutls this week

It would be really strange to be exercising more and eating less and not losing any weight at all at all. Maybe you should keep a food diary for two weeks and write down everything you eat and if you still aren't losing weight then it might be worth going to your doctor. Even if your body went into starvation mode you should have still lost some weight initially!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

dammitj wrote: »
    Did you enjoy Barcelona?
    I told you the walking is great!!

Ah thanks Dammitj. We had a great time but 3 nights was much too short! :(

We had 3 nights too!
    Got to see everything we wanted though so I was pretty happy!

WI in an hour, jeepers I'm nervous for some reason.
    Perhaps coz I feel I've been good and I'll be disappointed if I'm not down!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Well, the good news is that my home scales was wrong and I was down - yes, DOWN - half a pound!! :D
    I know it's only half a pound but it's the right direction. It must have been all the walking in Barcelona.

Well done everyone on the losses this week.
    I have so far celebrated last night's weight loss with a donut and a slice of cake! :o (There was a coffee morning for a colleague who is retiring so there was loads of yummy food all laid out in front of me - what's a girl to do??)

Well done on the loss!! How you find barcelona? I came home yday and it was amazing!! Didnt eat masses just not great food ****ty food (kfc n burger kings an crisps!!) Walked a bit too!! Jus smotherin with cold now so havin got into routine since highly doubt iv lost weight.. away again this week wi girls !! Aahhh its ruining all my routines!!

Need t shift this cold before I can go back to the gym i think I might die!!

Best of luck to everyone this week!! I need some mojo back :D

dammitj wrote: »
    We had 3 nights too!
    Got to see everything we wanted though so I was pretty happy!

WI in an hour, jeepers I'm nervous for some reason.
    Perhaps coz I feel I've been good and I'll be disappointed if I'm not down!

I always get nervous before WI...when I am waiting in the queue, I always feel like I'm waiting to go into the dentist!

• Advertisement

kildareash wrote: »
    I always get nervous before WI...when I am waiting in the queue, I always feel like I'm waiting to go into the dentist!

Oh I know! I do be almost shaking on the scales sometimes and the leader is chatting away and I'm not even listening to her ... I'm thinking GIVE ME THE RESULT!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement